Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:01:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Collateral account banned  (Read 546 times)
jacee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:56:06 AM

Okay so I lend this guy some coins and he gave me his account details. He asked me not to change the password because he will be using the account sig campaign to repay me.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1330875.0

Today was supposed the date that he will repay me and so I checked his account and found out that he hasn't logged in for a while so I decided to check his account and I saw this

His account is banned so basically I get scammed and now I can't even use his provided collateral because it is banned.  -_-

My question is I know the mods here know whose alt this account is so I was wondering can I atleast know?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 10:08:33 AM

Your first mistake was taking the account as collateral and not changing the password, its hardly collateral if your not in control of it. Im afraid your screwed anyway, i doubt threes much you can do in this case except take it as a learning experience.

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 10:20:23 AM

AFAIK mods don't know whose alt account is for which person, only admins have this ability and they could even point out if someone is using different devices while logged in IIRC. I do know the guy is one of our country man since you mentioned in the other post of yours on the local board so this could help narrowing it down to an IP from Philippines (assuming if his staying there). Although not sure admins would grant your wish into providing this information regarding another of his account, perhaps you could try to provide a sign message from him when requesting the loan (hopefully you didn't ignore asking for a sign message in the first place) and hope for the best for this request to be processed. One last problem would be, his only chance is, for him to only repay and no longer use any of his accounts on this forum since base on the SS above, it's a perma banned and anything he does with the other accounts will lead to those accounts getting banned as well if their not yet banned.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 10:42:44 AM

Did you sent an email to that address ?
notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 07:57:51 AM

He also locked that thread after receiving the loan.

Next time be sure to check the concerned account before accepting any loan requests.
If possible, try to avail other collateral, having 110% of its value with respect to the value of the loan.

Did you sent an email to that address ?

It's no use doing that I guess.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 09:13:27 AM

He asked me not to change the password because he will be using the account sig campaign to repay me.
As an FYI, if you do this then you are not going to be able to secure the collateral. In order for any collateral to be able to properly secure a loan, you (or your agent, eg escrow) needs to be in sole control over whatever is being used as escrow.

If I had to guess, I would say that chances are the ban had something to do with the (long overdue) warning that was posted here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: