Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:59:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ip Tracker in profile settings  (Read 902 times)
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 10:16:54 AM

Does anyone know if there is a feature anywhere in the profile section or some hidden page that shows all the ips that have logged into your account ? I know mods probably have this information but it would be handy for individual users as well just to keep tabs on your account.

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 10:38:21 AM

Does anyone know if there is a feature anywhere in the profile section or some hidden page that shows all the ips that have logged into your account ? I know mods probably have this information but it would be handy for individual users as well just to keep tabs on your account.

No, there isn't a function that allow you to see ultimate access (IP log).
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:26:01 AM

And mods can't see your IP info, only admins can
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 11:31:13 AM

Sorry thats what i meant, Well maybe its just me but an ip tracker would be handy but slim chance of this getting implemented i suppose.

Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:44:58 AM

Sorry thats what i meant, Well maybe its just me but an ip tracker would be handy but slim chance of this getting implemented i suppose.

How would it be helpful? In any case what can be helpful is a feature that tells you when another computer/ip has tried/connected to your account, the ip number is meaningless, something like that it's implemented on gmail. I think they tell you when someone has tried to log in into your account and when someone has from another computer too.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 11:48:42 AM

How would it be helpful? In any case what can be helpful is a feature that tells you when another computer/ip has tried/connected to your account, the ip number is meaningless, something like that it's implemented on gmail. I think they tell you when someone has tried to log in into your account and when someone has from another computer too.

If i have an ip thats logged in from Nigeria then i can be pretty sure its not mine, but yeah different computers etc would be nice as well. i just like to know exactly whats going on in my account.

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 11:58:16 AM

If i have an ip thats logged in from Nigeria then i can be pretty sure its not mine, but yeah different computers etc would be nice as well. i just like to know exactly whats going on in my account.
Imo this shouldn't be needed. As long as you use a strong password, don't put it in any sites other than here and keep your computer malware free there should be no need to worry about who is in your account; there will be no one else. Also, do you think that if someone managed to get into your account they wouldn't just change your details to stop you getting back into it (meaning you couldn't check the IP logs of your account)?
smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 12:05:39 PM

Imo this shouldn't be needed. As long as you use a strong password, don't put it in any sites other than here and keep your computer malware free there should be no need to worry about who is in your account; there will be no one else. Also, do you think that if someone managed to get into your account they wouldn't just change your details to stop you getting back into it (meaning you couldn't check the IP logs of your account)?
These people(hackers) can also "spy" your account by not changing the password, because if they change their mission will fail. OP i think this feature should be included in the new forum.
abyrnes81

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:48:27 PM

I don't think it's necessary, use a strong password .. check your pc .. that's all !
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 03:54:40 PM

I don't think it's necessary, use a strong password .. check your pc .. that's all !

Key loggers don't care about strong passwords and even checking your pc these things can slip through. Better being too safe than not safe enough. And as we all know you can never be too safe. regardless if this isnt in already (which it isnt) then i wouldn't expect to see it in the future.

minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 04:03:40 PM

These people(hackers) can also "spy" your account by not changing the password, because if they change their mission will fail. OP i think this feature should be included in the new forum.
And what exactly would they be looking for? I can't think of anything that they could get by just looking at someone's account, unless said person decides it's a good idea to store Private Keys in their PMs or something similar.
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 04:07:54 PM

And what exactly would they be looking for? I can't think of anything that they could get by just looking at someone's account, unless said person decides it's a good idea to store Private Keys in their PMs or something similar.

Lots of private information can pass through private messages that might be of financial benefit to the hacker more so than by changing the password. If a hacker has access to your account without you knowing and you dont change password frequently then who knows what all he could amass.

minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 04:33:11 PM

Lots of private information can pass through private messages that might be of financial benefit to the hacker more so than by changing the password.
If you store anything of financial benefit in plain text on a forum's personal messaging system, you should really rethink your security practices.

Either way this is off topic, so I'm going to stop here.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:36:39 PM

Lots of private information can pass through private messages that might be of financial benefit to the hacker more so than by changing the password. If a hacker has access to your account without you knowing and you dont change password frequently then who knows what all he could amass.

Note: PM privacy is not guaranteed. Encrypt sensitive messages.

If you want to send something of private or personal to another one, just encrypt it....

However IP tracker /log will not help you in any way.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 01:18:30 AM

If one were to implement an IP address log in user profile for the sake of seeing if a cracker has logged into your account, it would also mean that the cracker could use this feature to discover the IP address that you've been logging in with.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 01:23:43 AM

I don't like this idea...

That means that anyone that is giving there account up for collateral to a lender would be giving the lender all there IP information and conversely the lender would be giving his IP info to whoever took out the loan when they got there account back.

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
saturn643

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 02:29:28 AM

I think this would be a good feature to add. It would help people identify whether they have been hacked or are being spied on. Lots of other services do this so I think we should too.

I don't like this idea...

That means that anyone that is giving there account up for collateral to a lender would be giving the lender all there IP information and conversely the lender would be giving his IP info to whoever took out the loan when they got there account back.
What about a button that clears that log. It would only clear the log that the user sees, not the actual log which the admins can access. That way the lender and borrower wouldn't know the other's ip address and if a hacker got into the account, the person would still know because if the log was cleared, he would know someone else did it if he didn't. Otherwise he would know the ip of the hacker.
laracna

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

Tipsters Championship www.DirectBet.eu/Competition

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 06:22:58 AM

A simple register of log ins and failed attempts to log in would be more than enough. Now someone may log in your account and see all your PMs and activity and you won't even realize, or someone may try to hack your account and you'll never know unless they succeed and don't adopt the stealth approach.
Of course keep register of IPs you used to log would create some security vulnerabilities and would give more information about you to anyone that has access to your account in the future(hacker or someone that may buy your account)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: