Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:26:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I am getting adblock error on faucets, but I do not have adblock  (Read 436 times)
ragtimebetty (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 01:51:25 AM

I use Faucethub and several faucets offered their regularly such as rainpool and some decent ones I have bookmarked that pay to FH.

I am running win7, Kaspersky, Premium Malewarebytes

I was using firefox purely for faucets, no adblock but kaspersky safe browser installed and everything had been working fine This morning (no updates) I got an adblock error message.

I updated everything, ran all scans I could scan, restarted, etc, still error

I installed a new browser, clean with no-addons or anything imported (Vivaldi) - same error, I uninstalled FF and reinstalled fresh, same error
I then Installed and set up a Virtualbox running debian and installed a clean chromium install, thats a new and different os than I running, a new browser with nothing to pull anyback ups from and I am still getting the adblock error on several sites.

Any Ideas on how to solve?

[I have chrome and opera installed in windows for different non-faucet things, they do have adblock installed, I do not use them to facuet nor do I import from them to a browser I wish to faucet on]  *note:  I will not disable malwarebytes or AV, too many sketchy sites and I had no issues up until today.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:02:07 AM

Hmm sometime i happen to me on my faucet too, more often on chrome. But just wait 1 day or more, without doing anything then it will back to normal  Huh
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:11:20 AM

I use Faucethub and several faucets offered their regularly such as rainpool and some decent ones I have bookmarked that pay to FH.

I am running win7, Kaspersky, Premium Malewarebytes

I was using firefox purely for faucets, no adblock but kaspersky safe browser installed and everything had been working fine This morning (no updates) I got an adblock error message.

I updated everything, ran all scans I could scan, restarted, etc, still error

I installed a new browser, clean with no-addons or anything imported (Vivaldi) - same error, I uninstalled FF and reinstalled fresh, same error
I then Installed and set up a Virtualbox running debian and installed a clean chromium install, thats a new and different os than I running, a new browser with nothing to pull anyback ups from and I am still getting the adblock error on several sites.

Any Ideas on how to solve?

[I have chrome and opera installed in windows for different non-faucet things, they do have adblock installed, I do not use them to facuet nor do I import from them to a browser I wish to faucet on]  *note:  I will not disable malwarebytes or AV, too many sketchy sites and I had no issues up until today.

If you have properly run a debian in virtualbox and got the same error,  it's not from your side. What sites are you using?
Might be some viruses in your computer, some forced adons.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

niotib

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:49:25 AM

That matter is saying you that get away from faucets  Grin Waste of time ,but, newbie friendly.  

ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:36:55 AM

Maybe its a false alarm or some ads are blocking by kaspersky you need to try adding this faucet site into exclusion site from kaspersky settings, then restart the browser and lets see if problem still exist.

ragtimebetty (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 04:12:44 PM

Maybe its a false alarm or some ads are blocking by kaspersky you need to try adding this faucet site into exclusion site from kaspersky settings, then restart the browser and lets see if problem still exist.

If you have properly run a debian in virtualbox and got the same error,  it's not from your side. What sites are you using?
Might be some viruses in your computer, some forced adons.

I have restarted, rebooted, ran virus scan, malware scan, re-installed 2 browsers and ran in a newly setup VM with a linux operating system (which my av/malware do not run on because they are windows only) 
castro87

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:31:19 PM

Only thing I can think of is maybe your ISP decided to block it or your IP was accidentally blocked. Since you tried all those things and it still doesn't work it kinda seems like it's IP related.
The adblock error message you get doesn't necessarily have to be because of adblock and could just be a standard error message you get when the specific reason can't be identified.

If you have a second computer available (with a different public IP) you could try checking there, or if you're on DHCP try releasing your IP and fetching a new one maybe?
robattfield

Activity: 783
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:30:48 AM

Try disabling all your plugins in Chrome/Firefox, or whatever browser you're using, then re-enable each of them one-by-one to see if any of them are responsible. Secondly, see if your AV is stopping it. Third, are you surfing behind a proxy or 3rd-party DNS service provider (e.g. OpenDNS)? I've had issues with various combinations in the past, and these are generally the first set of troubleshooting  ideas I use.
uhro

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Join Cashbery Coin!

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:41:41 AM

Sounds like the site you are trying to use is being far too aggressive in it's adblock detection.

What site is it?

●  CASHBERY COIN - TRANSACTION TOOL OF NEW GENERATION!
  ●  ALREADY ON THE EXCHANGE!
  ●  MAIN TOPIC  ●  GO TO SITE  ●  OUR TELEGRAM  ●  BOUNTY
ragtimebetty (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 03:50:48 PM

Sounds like the site you are trying to use is being far too aggressive in it's adblock detection.

What site is it?

The sites I am having the issue with are sites I haveused before (rainpool, alekscoin, luckybits).  I do not have this issue on facuets I have never visited.  MexicanTarget said it was my cookies, but I have re-installed fresh browsers, ran a different browser on a different operating system inside a virtural machine, deleted cookies ect and still getting the error

Try disabling all your plugins in Chrome/Firefox, or whatever browser you're using, then re-enable each of them one-by-one to see if any of them are responsible. Secondly, see if your AV is stopping it. Third, are you surfing behind a proxy or 3rd-party DNS service provider (e.g. OpenDNS)? I've had issues with various combinations in the past, and these are generally the first set of troubleshooting  ideas I use.
Nothing had changed on my computer from being able to use to getting the error.  I am not suing proxy, not using 3rd party DNS, its not my AV.
The browsers I have tried while still getting the error are clean install, no cookies, no add-ons, no pug-in, completely vanilla.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled new browsers, tried on linux where my AV does work (virtual machine) with vanilla browser (no addons, no anything) and still getting the error only on the faucet sites I have previously used Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: