Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:23:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The DEX (Decentralized Exchange) Thread  (Read 24374 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 04:01:21 AM

More focus should be for other blockchain platforms like neo, stellar, achain, NEM etc if they cant have a platform that can access all but also give advantage to more decentralized exchanges that can trade their tokens.
They may even drawn the attention of the community but it isn't enough for investors to have some addition for DEX, erc20 based token are still leading in DEXs and maybe the profit is more attractive for having it. I guess the above coins should have a MEW like wallet to attract more traders.

I'm quite surprised in bancor, like it took 2 years to develop and to roll in the market.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 06:48:55 AM

More focus should be for other blockchain platforms like neo, stellar, achain, NEM etc if they cant have a platform that can access all but also give advantage to more decentralized exchanges that can trade their tokens.
They may even drawn the attention of the community but it isn't enough for investors to have some addition for DEX, erc20 based token are still leading in DEXs and maybe the profit is more attractive for having it. I guess the above coins should have a MEW like wallet to attract more traders.

I'm quite surprised in bancor, like it took 2 years to develop and to roll in the market.

Yes, Exactly recently Binance CZ announced by the end of the year they are going to launch their own Decentralised platform which helps to launch ICO under their own blockchain. Soon Binance will be leading exchange which will help the nation to join their blockchain platform.
panpine

Activity: 277
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 04:19:57 PM

We play the role of a user and we do not care much about the convenience of applying it to us. In fact, many users do not know what decentralization is

finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 06:11:51 AM

Yes, Exactly recently Binance CZ announced by the end of the year they are going to launch their own Decentralised platform which helps to launch ICO under their own blockchain. Soon Binance will be leading exchange which will help the nation to join their blockchain platform.

If so, i don't think it's a good way to lead the top exchange sites because probably the DEX will turn out with no volumes again like the others. Etherdelta was a good DEX last time, but it turns out into a trash EX site.

Still, it's better to list a project token in the binance's main platform to have a huge amount of volumes.

We play the role of a user and we do not care much about the convenience of applying it to us. In fact, many users do not know what decentralization is

Some people care about having a convenient exchange and also have a lot of volume. In fact, user knows a lot of decentralization because there are so many DEX that has been created in the crypto exchanges. Even the crypto currency is decentralized so I think they know a lot about it, but the disadvantages and advantages of being decentralized must know.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:37:53 PM

If so, i don't think it's a good way to lead the top exchange sites because probably the DEX will turn out with no volumes again like the others. Etherdelta was a good DEX last time, but it turns out into a trash EX site.

Still, it's better to list a project token in the binance's main platform to have a huge amount of volumes.

Going back when ED is still famous because most tokens do always start up to be traded there mostly on erc20 and talking on your point which is actually part of the truth. When these tokens did able to hit new exchange (higher/reputable) ones then it would really end up on leaving tokens on Dex will be no in volume yet most trades will surely moveout on a place where they can able to see much more volume.

sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:44:43 AM

I wouldn't compare current decentralized exchanges to future Binance DEX, it's pointless. Binance has established a good reputation and has big community in crypto space, so it will be on a different level than ForkDelta or IDEX. I'm sure there will be enough incentives for users so they won't struggle with low volume.
sam_ti_dyatel

Activity: 1176
Merit: 116

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 07:53:03 PM

DEX compare

"There's religious fervor around all of them — some people seem to think these are the crusades and this is a holy war being fought."  BlockNet
Acura3600
Legendary

Activity: 2959
Merit: 1243

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 07:53:56 PM

DEX compare

Many wrong facts on Barterdex/ Komodo
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 08:50:11 AM

...snip...

thats a litteral comparison you got there brother but ithink that kind of chart is not needed anymore because we can easily tell and compare if what is the advantage of dex exchange or the disadvantages rather when compare cex exchange  . 

Dex exchange mainly foccuses on alts and erc20 coins while cex exchange mainly foccus on bitcoin ,eth , bch and other main cryptos  . 

Cex exchange are mainly the ones that being used the most by traders while dex exchange are the favorite of bounty hunters and airdrop hunters  .
pageraji

Activity: 966
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 02:56:20 AM

the advantage of dex exchange that I like is that when the dump occurs it is not as fast as lightning as it does in a centralized exchange such as binance etc.
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 01:38:55 PM

the advantage of dex exchange that I like is that when the dump occurs it is not as fast as lightning as it does in a centralized exchange such as binance etc.

Dump will happen in any exchange based on the the company do in the market. We need to wait for the recovery because we have seen many downfalls in the market. Some time due to increase in the price of Bitcon and ETH makes the price of altcoins will decrease in the market.
btctaipei

Activity: 141
Merit: 62

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 07:14:06 AM

Any reason why Bisq can't make it to this list? Anyone able to shed some light on this?

my PGP Key https://pastebin.com/b7nYutWC
pgp key server search 0x4BCC117F9EFB1A97
Acura3600
Legendary

Activity: 2959
Merit: 1243

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 03:11:07 PM

Everyone can now test and participate on the public AtomicDex Beta!

Public open Beta Test for ALL ! A true AtomicSwap Dex .

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.komodoplatform.atomicdex
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 12:53:11 PM

The real problem with the idea of a decentralised exchange is not the technology, its the users.

Users do not care about decentralisation at all. The only thing they care about is convenience, fees, speed and security. DEX has great security, but fees will always be higher and speed will always be slower.

Correct, users don't care.

Plus, trade speed will be the critical problem that will prevent any DEX from seeing high volume, especially in the future.

I've spent quite a lot of time looking at ways to achieve high frequency trading (HFT) that is both secure and reliable (trades don't go missing, no "queue jumping"), and I don't think its possible to get < 5 second easily without some form of semi-centralization.  When you compare traditional HFT exchanges such as the NYSE and others which are able to process trades sub-millisecond, well, our decentralized counterparts are never going to be able to compete as a serious alternative.

The fastest I've been able to get trades in our DEX with sufficient reliability is about 10 seconds, but that comes with quite a bit of overhead across the board in terms of bandwidth, processing and other costs.

I agreed, decentralized exchange actually is much more good and better compared to centralized, but in reality most of the community they patronized more on regulated exchange, and most of the traders are abusive especially on DEX(decentralized exchange).
Gohs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

send &receive money instantly with no hidden cost

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 04:36:55 AM

DEX is not as popular as CEX because with dex, traders have to keep their funds themselve which is an additional responsibility not everyone is willing to take.

futureofeth

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 07:28:19 AM

The real problem with the idea of a decentralised exchange is not the technology, its the users.

Users do not care about decentralisation at all. The only thing they care about is convenience, fees, speed and security. DEX has great security, but fees will always be higher and speed will always be slower.

Correct, users don't care.

Plus, trade speed will be the critical problem that will prevent any DEX from seeing high volume, especially in the future.

I've spent quite a lot of time looking at ways to achieve high frequency trading (HFT) that is both secure and reliable (trades don't go missing, no "queue jumping"), and I don't think its possible to get < 5 second easily without some form of semi-centralization.  When you compare traditional HFT exchanges such as the NYSE and others which are able to process trades sub-millisecond, well, our decentralized counterparts are never going to be able to compete as a serious alternative.

The fastest I've been able to get trades in our DEX with sufficient reliability is about 10 seconds, but that comes with quite a bit of overhead across the board in terms of bandwidth, processing and other costs.

I don't know about the other market, but I don't see cryptocurrency don't completely regulated exchanges. I think it is very good to use decentralized exchanges as one of the best solution to keep track of everything, it will help to find some security to our holdings.
I agreed, decentralized exchange actually is much more good and better compared to centralized, but in reality most of the community they patronized more on regulated exchange, and most of the traders are abusive especially on DEX(decentralized exchange).
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 09:13:24 AM

decentralized exchange actually is much more good and better compared to centralized,
im not against decentralized exchange but i use centralized exchange the most especially if im going to trade regularly ( e,g buy and sells bitcoin or ether ) but if im going to stop trading and foccus on bounty and airdrop  ,  i do use decentralized exchange most of the time  and i can see the difference between them  .  dex have its advantages which is security and anonymity while cex do also have its advantages which is the volume and better interface  imho,

Bitball_Erc20

Activity: 155
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2020, 04:48:41 AM

Hi,
   You are right that DEXs will be the future.
Reason, why we have also launched https://Bitball-dex.com.
We can see some successful swappers like uniswap, future is bright for decentralized exchange.
We will be starting a thread on Bitball DEX shortly.
universe369

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 02:27:52 AM

DEX offer traders some kind of freedom to trade. I love the fact that you control your piece of code and you have to take care of your wallet. The technology behind it is still young and there might be some bigger vulnerabilities in the future, so take care of your tokens. But I believe DEX will become bigger and more people will use the decentralized service. Still in the early stages of DeFi  Grin
StakingCliff

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 03:13:17 PM

hello community

it's not about DEX, but about absolutely anonymous and fast atomicswap with lots of coins.

you can easily change currencies at any time.

the different stable coins are also included

https://stakingcliff.net

Enjoy it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: