Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:31:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Prevention is better than a cure. Please escrow.  (Read 239342 times)
kristianbozicnik

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 04:00:26 AM

It's all about trust.
I figured out that trading for BTC is similar as trading for money.
Trust and confidence are in charge! Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Salman Anjum

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:55:49 AM

Im totally agree on this point that prevention is better than cure...
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:23:24 AM

Any good escrow websites?
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 11:02:46 AM

Any good escrow websites?

I don't suggest you to use a website for escrowing. It is better to use in-forum escrowers.

A list of escrowers can be seen here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855778.0.

operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:28:23 PM

There are many scams happening around us so its better to play safe. I suggest to use escrow services as it is safe and trustworthy. Y should we pay our hard earned money to those scammers its better to be smart and wise before investing in anything. So Prevention is always better than a  cure.
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:29:06 PM

Its better not to trust anyone online because the biggest threat would be the same that you have faith in someone and he will cheat you this goes with personal life also and internet is ocean of information so cant afford to trust anyone So its better to play safe.
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 06:30:48 PM

How can I provide escrow services to users here so that I can start gaining some trust? I want to break out of this noob reputation...not to mention I'd like to put my honest morality to some good use.  I have proof of honest sales made on eBay and reddit, but not much besides that :/
gongomanny

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

Ɓιтcσιη

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 10:11:15 PM

How can I provide escrow services to users here so that I can start gaining some trust? I want to break out of this noob reputation...not to mention I'd like to put my honest morality to some good use.  I have proof of honest sales made on eBay and reddit, but not much besides that :/

People generally only accept escrow services from trusted, well-established members of the community. Nobody would accept an escrow service from a newbie account because of the high amount of risk involved - the escrow might run away with the funds.

If you want to build your reputation here, you should be active and write constructive posts, and you should trade slowly as your rank increases. Eventually, you will have made enough honest sales that you will have built a strong trust profile and will have a good reputation, but this will take time and effort.
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 12:40:33 AM

People generally only accept escrow services from trusted, well-established members of the community. Nobody would accept an escrow service from a newbie account because of the high amount of risk involved - the escrow might run away with the funds.

If you want to build your reputation here, you should be active and write constructive posts, and you should trade slowly as your rank increases. Eventually, you will have made enough honest sales that you will have built a strong trust profile and will have a good reputation, but this will take time and effort.

Thanks for the response.  Where do you recommend I start gaining reputation?  I'd prefer to start off with small amounts, not only because I don't know who to trust, but for reasons you've brought up about my current standing.  Thanks again, highly appreciated!
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:23:44 AM

Why would you want to be an escrow? It's a pain in the ass and hardly worth it if you're trying to earn BTC.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Redones

Activity: 320
Merit: 261

Web developper

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 05:30:50 AM

Are escrow provider win a lot or no ??
JasonLee208

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:04:21 AM

Well said dear friend. Thank you for the information, as a newbie, I'll keep that in mind since I'm probably going to be heavily involved in trading.
graysrolex

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:35:23 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 06:08:30 PM by graysrolex

It definitely is hard to build trust. And for good reason. My company, Gray and Sons, has already completed one transaction through the forum, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1036436.0 , and another person made a fake account called qraysrolex and tried to scam money from a potential customer. Everyone be careful and trade with caution. We are doing as much as we can to show our authenticity. We have a real store with 20 real employees, and a real showroom in Miami Beach Florida. We're just starting to accept Bitcoin and it hasn't been easy so far.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1965

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:10:57 AM

It definitely is hard to build trust. And for good reason. My company, Gray and Sons, has already completed one transaction through the forum, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1036436.0 , and another person made a fake account called qraysrolex and tried to scam money from a potential customer. Everyone be careful and trade with caution. We are doing as much as we can to show our authenticity. We have a real store with 20 real employees, and a real showroom in Miami Beach Florida. We're just starting to accept Bitcoin and it hasn't been easy so far.

I agree. I have watched your posts since you started and it was painful at first watching you get lambasted with scam accusations.

As you know, it's because you are selling luxury goods, so yes, you need to build trust, in fact, you really need someone from the Default Trust group to vouch for you so you have a bright green trust rating. Wink

Anyhow, keep on keeping on , watch the scams and don't get discouraged. Hell, I live in a place where 99% of the people never heard of bitcoin, you are lucky actually - play it wisely and well. Smiley

Cheers and love the watches , even as a poor guy! Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 12:04:48 PM

Why would you want to be an escrow? It's a pain in the ass and hardly worth it if you're trying to earn BTC.

Agreed, I personally did not set out to gain trust, But it was hard to get noticed without escrow, But now I have trust I do not charge for my escrows, I believe it's the DUTY of a trusted member to help people trade, not a charged service!
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 06:55:10 PM

How do I become an escrow myself? I never really done it before and I want to be like those on the list. Do I just keep trading with btc and earn trust? Is it that easy? How did you guys get so trusted
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 01:19:28 PM

How do I become an escrow myself? I never really done it before and I want to be like those on the list. Do I just keep trading with btc and earn trust? Is it that easy? How did you guys get so trusted

Be honest and eventually, you can be an escrow. FWIW, I don't recommend you to become an escrow. It is a painful work.

mentat47

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:55:09 PM

I've heard it's always a good idea to get an escrow if you're working with people offshore, but I think it's a good idea whenever you're working with someone new. After all, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
koinsuka

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

Zap.org - Data Feed Oracle Marketplace

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 07:30:41 PM

please escrow
yap, you're right, my Bro
to preventing n make greats transaction

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Zap StoreDecentralized Marketplace for Oracles ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Token Sale October 21st ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ FacebookTwitterLinkedYouTube ■  WhitepaperReddit ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Nizam ibrahim.P.N

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:21:28 PM

This quote is valued for many situations in our daily lile!escrow is a third person in a money problem  situations with two people h.is present is needed when there is any problems occured! in this situation this quote is very truthful!!...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: