Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:10:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Science coins: price speculation  (Read 760 times)
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1446

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 01:31:30 AM

I was always puzzled why most of us do not support a cryptocoin that does some good. I am talking about cryptocoins like Gridcoin or Curecoin. By donating our CPU cycles for coins, we can help give researchers the computing power they need for their research. Speculation and making money overrules all in the cryptospace. Why not do both?

GridCoin: Since the rise of Alt-coins in March, GRC floor prices are increasing at a rate of about 50 Satoshi / week. With pressure building at 1000, a wild swing could bring it all the way up to 2600 and easily to 1980. While the market competes for popularity, GRC is still a buy at 900 and lower. There is a possibility of it taking a dip to 650 (buy more), but a sustainable price of 1150 to 1400 is possible for the month(s) ahead.

CureCoin, a similar crypto currency, recently experienced increased trading volume from the Dash pump. It has a very low market cap and a very low trading volume. The single focus of protein folding makes it vulnerable to loss of interest by the crypto community. I anticipate the current floor price to start dropping back down to the 4300 mark, and eventually 3800 and lower. Fluctuations of 20% and low volume makes this coin a risky investment.

PrimeCoin is an interesting crypto currency to follow. Although it’s market cap is lower than GRC and CURE, XPM offers prime number discovery in its algorithm. Prime numbers are of interest to the broad scientific community, including crypto currencies.

Read the full article https://www.crypto-news.net/science_coins_speculation/

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
roadcrap

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 01:51:44 AM

I would love to see this coin utilized to help the science community.

When crypto currency becomes more mainstream (doing great this year), some of these Alts will be more widely accepted by the general public.

By promoting your favorite Alt-coins when talking about Bitcoin is a good way to keep the momentum going.

Reach out to universities in your area to implement GRC into their research structure, or just help a friend get started.

A strong economy is required to support broad scientific projects. The money aspect is just a force to keep the CPU cycles going, utilize it.
Nuu

Activity: 141
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 04:11:29 PM

I love Gridcoin myself, it has such a good concept. Surely we'll see it rise much much higher eventually.

Have faith!
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 06:33:10 PM

Also dont forget the folding coin. They even abandoned blockchain and issued coin as asset on counterparty asset platform to have least problems with the coin itself and focus into their goal.
roadcrap

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 09:46:42 PM

Also dont forget the folding coin. They even abandoned blockchain and issued coin as asset on counterparty asset platform to have least problems with the coin itself and focus into their goal.

I was thinking that a form of digital asset could help these science coins, but community consensus is required for proper distribution of research blocks.

I think that BOINC is on the right track and needs community support to make its projects more well known.

counterparty has its own issues.. creating an asset on that chain might create a loss of interest.. have you ever traded on the XCP exchange? placing a trade requires giving away btc, your trades expire after a certain period of time and you have to keep throwing BTC at it, its ridiculous! if said coin wants to use XCP to promote their research, then they are obviously oblivious to the crypto-community.

you'd have better luck creating an asset on the NXT, WAVES and ETH chains... even BitShares would be a better choice..

CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 09:49:39 PM

i like seeing someone mention grid and curecoin, i got INTO crypto thru gridcoin/folding and using the BOINC softwear.
Its a GREAT way to be a part of something big, give back, AND get paid, its like the best of ALL worlds in crypto Smiley

I personally dont hold CURE as ya the volatility, but i do GRC as its also PoS Smiley

These are two coins that will ALWAYS be around!

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: