Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:21:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there really demand for a decentralised BTC to LTC exchange?  (Read 871 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 11:45:03 AM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

Firstly note that I will be deleting posts to do with "block size" (there are plenty of other topics where you can post about that) and any pointless posts.

If you are really interested in using a decentralised BTC to LTC exchange (let's assume just those two for now) then to register your interest you'll need to provide a Bitcoin signed message for an address that has at least 1 BTC or 1000 LTC (other posts that add nothing will be deleted).

I will be checking that said messages are valid (so any that aren't will also be deleted).

Relevant questions about said decentralised exchange are welcome but not silly ones (so don't post "Can it do XYZ coin also?" and just assume that the answer to that is no for now).

The reason I am trying to get a feel for whether or not there is any actual support for this (by people who actually have BTC and/or LTC) is to avoid wasting time on development if there isn't any real interest (I suspect that there is actually very little interest).

Some points to note about the likely way that this will be implemented (assuming there was enough interest):

- there will be a web application (hosted by ciyam.org) for finding and locking into trades (and doing much of the tricky stuff necessary for ACCT using CLTV)

- there will be a special wallet that you will need to install (most likely in a VM image for added security and simplicity of installation) that uses a web UI (via a locally run web server)

- trades would not be realistically able to be performed faster than one every two hours (due to the inaccuracy of time stamps in Bitcoin and its clones and due to the fact you'd want to have at least one confirmation before proceeding at each step)

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 11:56:46 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2016, 12:09:50 PM by CIYAM

Some other points to note are:

- no fees for the usage of the system (beyond the tx fees that you'll need to pay on each blockchain)

- no private keys or secrets to be held in the online application (so no risk about losing anything to a 3rd party)

- method of transfer is ACCT using CLTV (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1340621.0 for reference)

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 02:13:48 PM

Over two hours and not a single post (apart from my own).

As I suspected - there really isn't any interest at all in a decentralised exchange (using ACCT with CLTV at least).

(thankfully I've saved myself from wasted development time)

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:51:06 PM

I sleep for at least 6 to 8 hours, so there wouldn't be a reply or post from me. I suspect half the world is in a different time zone from you also, among other reasons.

I am posting that this looks interesting. But I'm not signing a bitcoin message just yet. You have my word I do own or control at least 1 BTC. (errr, just look at my gaming website, that one has at least 5 in cold storage.)

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 04:53:59 PM

I am posting that this looks interesting. But I'm not signing a bitcoin message just yet. You have my word I do own or control at least 1 BTC. (errr, just look at my gaming website, that one has at least 5 in cold storage.)

Thanks - and no worries (I have followed some of your topics before and trust that you are for real).

It is simply hard to work out whether or not what I've developed is worth promoting (and I don't have much help in the marketing department currently).

(agreed that I was a bit impatient complaining about two hours - I think I got a bit tired in trying to do political stuff which I've now stopped doing)

Nasakiotoes

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 06:52:29 PM

Don't doubt yourself. What you are developing is amazing. In answer to if it's worth promoting, Hell to the Yes.

If you could ask cryptsy to give me back my btc that would be great. Wink

Thanks - and no worries (I have followed some of your topics before and trust that you are for real).

It is simply hard to work out whether or not what I've developed is worth promoting (and I don't have much help in the marketing department currently).

(agreed that I was a bit impatient complaining about two hours - I think I got a bit tired in trying to do political stuff which I've now stopped doing)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: