Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:23:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigamining math  (Read 3154 times)
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 06:13:59 AM

Some people seem to be butthurt that Gigavps is actually looking after his bond holders. Provided that he does nothing for them and ASIC becomes a reality their initial investments end up close to worthless really really quickly at 0 fault to him and in no violation whatsoever of his initial contract.

As to his overhead etc it seems reasonable to me as A he's the guy with all the fixed costs and B he's the guy actively managing and working with the whole shebang. If anyone else would like to manage, provide location etc and guarantee uptime/payouts for less than what he's charging, get to work on putting together a better deal instead of moaning.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DonChate

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 09:50:43 PM

Calling it a scam because you think the price set by free participants spending their own money is wrong makes no sense.

You don't like the price, you don't buy it.

I met Giga, very nice guy, solid mining plan imo, I'm confident he'll be able and willing to deliver exactly what he promises. I bought no bonds because I thought they were priced higher than they were worth, that's all there is to it.

I call it a scam because of who he is associated with and how he is associated with pirate.

Gigavps probably got other investors' coins as "interest" payments given that pirate can't seem to bring things all together if this whole "business" he was running was sound and not some scam/ponzi.

Gigavps gives pirate ridiculous OTC rating given pirate hasn't delivered jack since closing BTCST.

"0.1/459 accounts paid" as an example of how ridiculous pirate is and giga supports him.

I call bullshit. Long-term gigavps will end up scamming people himself.

I find that you start to be like the people you surround yourself with. This situation with pirate is no different.

I agree with you about the OTC rating he did sucks but still you are getting to the point of guilt by association.   I see no scam here, he does have a business model and is capable of fulfilling his agreements.

Please save this post for a year from now so we can revisit it.

It hasn't been quite a year but in light of the claims issues and scammy change of contract, probably time to revisit lol.
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 10:18:31 AM

Some people seem to be butthurt that Gigavps is actually looking after his bond holders. Provided that he does nothing for them and ASIC becomes a reality their initial investments end up close to worthless really really quickly at 0 fault to him and in no violation whatsoever of his initial contract.

As to his overhead etc it seems reasonable to me as A he's the guy with all the fixed costs and B he's the guy actively managing and working with the whole shebang. If anyone else would like to manage, provide location etc and guarantee uptime/payouts for less than what he's charging, get to work on putting together a better deal instead of moaning.

Provided you actually have the equipment...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: