Bitcoin Forum
August 21, 2017, 03:14:42 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin - UPDATED 2017  (Read 17696 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PeterTheGrape

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 01:59:00 PM

The fact that the coin was exploited and somebody added a vast supply of coins using an attack on the coin should be added to the original post and/or a new thread started.

The coin, as it is, bears no resemblance to the original kittehcoin. Imagine if a person added 20 million bitcoin through a hack, and then bitcoin developers hid that fact.

If people are going to continue developing this coin after that exploit they should at least have the honesty to detail the exploit in the op and sketch out a solution or start a new thread that describes the new coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roidudisco

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:46:40 PM

It's the new Dogecoin 2.0 2017/2018
but with a cat
cat + internet + blockchain you know the Idea
somebody else

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:36:42 PM

The fact that the coin was exploited and somebody added a vast supply of coins using an attack on the coin should be added to the original post and/or a new thread started.

The coin, as it is, bears no resemblance to the original kittehcoin. Imagine if a person added 20 million bitcoin through a hack, and then bitcoin developers hid that fact.

If people are going to continue developing this coin after that exploit they should at least have the honesty to detail the exploit in the op and sketch out a solution or start a new thread that describes the new coin.

I agree.

Are the newer versions of bitcoin or litecoin immune to the such kind of attack?

Is dash immune to this kind of attack?

PeterTheGrape

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:08:00 PM

I agree.

Are the newer versions of bitcoin or litecoin immune to the such kind of attack?

Is dash immune to this kind of attack?

I don't know.

People need to understand

1) The coin was attacked by some exploit, and a vast number of coins were made by one person or group

2) That person or group is trying to pump the coin, and will try to hide the fact that they secretly created a mass of coins

3) When the price reaches a high enough level they have enough coins to sell it down to zero, and anybody who bought will lose

-

Ethereum was hacked in some similar way, and there was a long discussion about what to do. Eventually it was split into two ethereums.

This coin is salvageable probably, all cryptos are going up and if the coin is run honestly from now on, it could recover. But if the goal is just to steal money and burn people then it should not survive.

When the original post details what happened, or a new thread is started that includes the details, then it will be possible to discuss fixing the coin. Until then it should be dropped.
liitrall

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:37:17 PM

I am trying to sync the wallet but it says 'No block source available'. I have tried on both Mac and Windows(64bit version) and got the same message. Anyone know the solution?
PeterTheGrape

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:13:10 PM

I am trying to sync the wallet but it says 'No block source available'. I have tried on both Mac and Windows(64bit version) and got the same message. Anyone know the solution?

Go to the explorer https://chainz.cryptoid.info/meow/ then go to the network tab and click on the node list and you will get a list of all the current nodes.

chorizanga

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:30:34 PM

The wallet link does not work. I need the wallet
Wise84

Activity: 86

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 07:02:53 AM

The wallet link does not work. I need the wallet

You can get it from www.kittehcoin.net

http://carboncoin.cc/
http://www.kittehcoin.net/
Tip me some bitcoin: 1oNGYQX9AdW7F4FGHAEFjErDRXnwyFhaa
somebody else

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:40:22 PM

It seems we can learn how coin pump worked.

Now we can learn how forcing to dump works too.

roidudisco

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:00:20 PM

So what's next for cats dev ? 🐱
cryptowillem

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:36:16 AM

There were no big buy orders to drop all the MEOW on a high price, so seems a lot of people still keep their MEOW and are interested to see what's up next!
For now most important is someone (or a group) who can secure the chain so there won't be an attack again. After that we can work upwards with marketing and I know some people are working on new platform based on Kittehcoin.

How can we get someone to check the chain and secure it?? Ideas please??  Huh
somebody else

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:17:42 AM

There were no big buy orders to drop all the MEOW on a high price, so seems a lot of people still keep their MEOW and are interested to see what's up next!
For now most important is someone (or a group) who can secure the chain so there won't be an attack again. After that we can work upwards with marketing and I know some people are working on new platform based on Kittehcoin.

To prevent any further attack we all could agree to return to the previous state before potential new attack. Now we have block explorer, we have new number of coins 77,322  M, and that is possible. Before new buying every buyer can check if it happened new attack and he should do it.

How can we get someone to check the chain and secure it?? Ideas please??  Huh

I don't know. I asked the same questions for the newer code of bitcoin or litecoin. For dash too. Nobody answered if that is possible.

roidudisco

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:58:13 AM

This project seems very interesting to follow closely
ses https://kittehcoin.io

🐱
Wise84

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 05:40:26 PM

🐱

Hmm. What is that page? Anyone knows what is going on and what their plans are? heh

PeterTheGrape

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:28:00 PM

Should I start a new thread that mentions that one person snatched most of the coins, or should one of you who are trying to pump the coin do it? If you do it, it will probably be better for rehabilitating the coin, but if you don't I will.
roidudisco

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:17:43 PM

🐱

Hmm. What is that page? Anyone knows what is going on and what their plans are? heh

Something big with a cat inside
adjed

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:24:01 PM

This coin after the hack is dead. If you want the coin to succeed it needs a new chain an a relaunch.
roidudisco

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:49:53 PM

This coin after the hack is dead. If you want the coin to succeed it needs a new chain an a relaunch.

Devs don't care about the extra coins/ hack that has been documented here. It doesn't impact the business rules for the project they said.
Wise84

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 08:58:23 PM

Devs don't care about the extra coins/ hack that has been documented here. It doesn't impact the business rules for the project they said.

Who is the devs now?

ryandanielt

Activity: 240

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:39:55 AM

I am going to look over the wallet and try to find the source of the attack.

If there is anything that can be done then I will make the changes and update the github source and windows wallet.

I will start working on a new version of the wallet, any and all support welcome!

Everything will be back online within 1 weeks time and hopefully we can start moving forward!

If anyone knows off hand where the attack is from it would help greatly to fix the problem!

Crypto Ninja! Want my signature? Perhaps you want my avatar? Let me know Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.