Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2016, 02:33:59 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how the hell do i set this shit up  (Read 1007 times)
andrew_jacksun

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 10:06:17 AM

well if you hate noobs then close this thread.

i have no clue and i'm not very tech savvy, but i do want to setup my pc to destroy the central bankers.
i read deepbit is threatening the 51% security so instead of running the standard client on the homepage bitcoin.org i will setup a pool if someone can help......so i figure if one of you kind and wise guise could get my motherboard vga working and give me pool mining software, i could join btcguild or something clean.

i have an athlon xp1500 and msi motherboard running (i think, how the hell do i check?) nvidia geforce2 5400.
TBH my drivers are not even set up right, my motherboard has a vga output and theres a seperate video card w/ vga+svideo. the motherboard vga never works no mater how i format and install drivers from the disk.

thanks yall

like my politics? thanks! help me buy sum Silky Asic Fpga
1MTSBKivkyYVUaDT9tZrGMSu99zS7kZDAE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
snoopytime

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 10:11:53 AM

OK ive only been in this shit 3 days so im no expert . . but u make me feel like one! jk

So anyway, forget about the setting up a pool thing for starters IMO, just get some ati cards for starters if you can, even one, like a 5830 or something. lose those nvidias, its not the kind you want if you can avoid it.

Setting up a pool takes a hosted server, a dedicated linux geek at least one, and more shit thats doesnt happen in a athlon 1500.

Just start chunkin away mining man, unless you got bank then you could recruit a pool team and rent a hosted server.

If I make you smile you can hook me up a teeny bit:  13hKeyHMv5YMWxvwj9M1fTntGJiogdhbeo
bcpokey

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 10:23:23 AM

you can use the client on the front page of bitcoin.org and still not use deepbit (kudos to you for reading that much).

Simply point your workers to another pool:

Major alternatives:

Slush -- mining.bitcoin.cz
btcguild - btcguild.com
btcmine -- btcmine.com

major miners: GUIMiner
                   Phoenix

Most pools will have simple instructions for how to set up both clients to start mining on their pools. Away you go!

EDIT: Quick warning, you will get very low returns on your CPU mining, and/or NVidia card / mobo video. So low that unless your electricity is free you might reconsider the idea altogether.
andrew_jacksun

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 10:24:05 AM

hey thanks for quick reply. i read satoshis 9page pdf and from what i understand, even my lowly pc will help the network itself.. or maby i should pool into deepbit if my lowly pc = sabatoge?

i realize i said "setup a pool" and i meant to say JOIN. LOL

i am a broke post-college/unemployed kid though, so no buying new hardware for me!!! maybe one of those fgpa usb devices in a few months after i get off food stamps LOL
doing the bitcoin thing to protest central bankers long history of war and corruption!
if you want to donate a few BTC and suggest which rig to buy to JOIN a pool, 1KMT8BSg4zwxwpvY72FUtAiw5UmeGU2xgU
=P

andrew_jacksun

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 03:02:53 PM

hey somene donated to me. thankyou !
may BTC be used to stop banking corruption and bring more power to the hashing network, electric bills be damned !!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.