Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:09:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin4life - HACKED ACCOUNT - Collateral 4 Murderouskirk - Swingdev - ADVICE?  (Read 1379 times)
Altcoin4life (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:55:45 PM

Hi everyone.

This is the lender Altcoin4life and i am looking for some advice regarding a situation i have regarding a hacked account i hold collateral for. I recently gave a loan to the user murderouskirk - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=182223 for the amount of 0.13 BTC. My lending thread is below (LOAN #16 IN MY LEDGER AT TOP):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1295650.0;all

The borrower murderouskirk was supposed to repay his loan on 20 Jan he is now overdue.

When i gave this loan i did not suspect anything and thought he was a legitimate borrower, i took over account as collateral and he provided a signed message here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1295650.msg13554319#msg13554319

His trust looked ok, i transferred the coins to the borrower soon after securing account as collateral.

Within 12 hours of me sending of the money i started seeing negative trust being given against murderouskirk, people saying he tried to scam them, his trust became -2 neg???

PLEASE NOTE THE NEGS HAPPENED AFTER I GAVE COINS, AT THE TIME OF AGREEMENT THERE WERE NO NEGS.

After about 5 days a user called SwingDev https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=730429 contacted me by PM, and said he was the original owner of the account murderouskirk and that he was scammed. . I told swing that as the repayment date has not arrived, we should wait. Now the date has passed with no repayment.

I asked him for proof that swingdev was the real owner he said he could not find a staked address....... now a few days ago he said..... he had found an address here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1164721.msg12788990#msg12788990

1E6soVzn7Z5NGguwD9sZfXkVmn8a51Cg71

I asked that he should send me a signed message from this address 1E6soVzn7Z5NGguwD9sZfXkVmn8a51Cg71 , he has refused to provide a signed message and is saying that he can send a  few small coins from this address to me instead, this will prove he owns the address, BUT HE IS REFUSING TO GIVE A SIGNED MESSAGE???

From the beginning i advised swingdev he should contact theymos with a hacked account report, he has said he is hesitant as he has heard theymos does not respond and that many people do not get their account back..... NOW HE HAS RECENTLY SENT A REPORT TO THEYMOS A FEW DAYS AGO.

So i wanted to ask lenders especially

Shall i give back the account of murderouskirk to swingdev? or shall i just wait until theymos checks this out and hands it over to the real owner?

Swingdev is REFUSING to give a signed message so am not sure what to do?

Please can i get opinions on this situation from experienced users.

Thanks
Altcoin4life

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
knowhow

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:08:26 PM

But main question the colateral isnt the account? Soo the owner didnt made anything let his account ask for loans and then from no where came back and is requesting theymos its account?Soo you will loose 0.13bt the account ,and the owner will get the account back just like nothing had happened ?For me makes no sense give the account as you deal and just before then the real owner reported the account lost... sounds amazing more without the sign message,my advice dont return before theymos confirm and choose how to deal with those situation ,you can loose funds because an hacker and the owner report now is too late at my point of view,if my account got hacked i would report at the same day.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:09:46 PM

-snip-
Until he shows a signed message or a non-manipulative proof that the account is his, he should not be given the ownership of the account.
Edit: And as the person above me said, even if he does shows proof of ownership, a recount of how exactly the account was hacked would be necessary and an explanation as to why he turned a blind-eye to use of his account.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 03:12:04 PM

-snip-
Until he shows a signed message or a non-manipulative proof that the account is his, he should not be given the ownership of the account.
theymos won't do anything either, if he refuses to provide a signed message.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
knowhow

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:13:06 PM

-snip-

Even with the signed message the lender will take the loss because someone hacked an account and the owner just didnt reported to anyone?
Soo i got hacked and let someone use my account,with a good reputation,get a loan and then i come back saying someone took my account ? This is why take accounts as colateral is getting risk ,and the negative feedback just made the account worth be almost nothing,but well someone had adviced to avoid the loan as tryed to scam others ...
Alaki

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:23:11 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2016, 04:23:05 PM by Alaki

HE IS REFUSING TO GIVE A SIGNED MESSAGE???

NOW HE HAS RECENTLY SENT A REPORT TO THEYMOS A FEW DAYS AGO.
Basically, they'll never(rarely) get their account back without a signed message.

Shall i give back the account of murderouskirk to swingdev?
If I was you I'd not.
shall i just wait until theymos checks this out and hands it over to the real owner?
I'd say theymos 'll never reply(ignore 'em). ('coz they're impotent to sign a message/prove their ownership). -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

P.S. How about moving this thread to meta board?
Altcoin4life (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 04:25:31 PM

-snip-
Edit: And as the person above me said, even if he does shows proof of ownership, a recount of how exactly the account was hacked would be necessary and an explanation as to why he turned a blind-eye to use of his account.

Hi mexxer

He is refusing to give a signed message.

Swingdev  said that he has been busy with other things and that the account murderouskirk was used by him as he was a devloper of a new coin or alt called Swing Coin? 

He also says he has many other internet accounts under murderouskirk username eg twitter, reddit,

He posted this

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoPumpInfo/comments/41gnsp/hi_altcoin4life/

He has been busy with coding

https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/3zml4v/java_irc_bot_and_whispers/

SWINGDEV HAS ALSO THREATENED TO LEAVE ME NEG TRUST AS I AM NOT GIVING HIM HIS ACCOUNT BACK?

He is saying he can not sign a old address as it is a coinbase address?

He is saying that giving me an old signed address from 1E6soVzn7Z5NGguwD9sZfXkVmn8a51Cg71 is dangerous ??

I do not understand the thinking of swingdev? how is it dangerous?

What do you think about his reason for not reporting the hacked account immediately? why did he not post a scam accusation or hacked report in meta?

Let me know
Thanks
Altcoin4life

marjod

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:34:53 PM

He is not able to sign a message of any address stated in one of his account posts ?
If he is not able to prove the ownership of the account, you don't have do give it back as it likely seems to be a scam attempt.
You don't have to fear about his neg threat, since he don't have any reputation, it will not affect in any way your trust.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:23:54 PM

He is refusing to give a signed message.
That means, he should be nowhere close to the account. Unless
1) Theymos/BB/DT 1-2 member say other wise(with some "vouch" that they guarantee that swing is the owner)
2) He provides a signed message from a staked address
you shouldn't give control of the account. If the second happens, you should come to an agreement regarding the loan , 1/4th, 1/5th , one-half etc. of loan should be repaid by him before giving control of the account.

Swingdev  said that he has been busy with other things and that the account murderouskirk was used by him as he was a devloper of a new coin or alt called Swing Coin? 

He also says he has many other internet accounts under murderouskirk username eg twitter, reddit,

He posted this

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoPumpInfo/comments/41gnsp/hi_altcoin4life/

He has been busy with coding

https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/3zml4v/java_irc_bot_and_whispers/
Story makes less and less sense, anyone can register those accounts.
Coinbase allows users to sign a message.
He is saying that giving me an old signed address from 1E6soVzn7Z5NGguwD9sZfXkVmn8a51Cg71 is dangerous ??
Paranoia, signing address has no negative consequence on security whatsover. Also, do ask when the address was posted from murderous account
What do you think about his reason for not reporting the hacked account immediately? why did he not post a scam accusation or hacked report in meta?

Well just stating a possibility, he might have not known of the steps to recover the account
Duomo

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:57:03 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2016, 11:36:22 PM by Duomo

Should you return the account if the individual claiming to be the original owner claims it be the original owner without proof?

No, there is no correlation between the individual Swingdev and the account without a staked signed message. Why can an individual send a few coins from an account but not just sign a message?

Should you contact Theymos to wait and see until this is resolved and the account is back into the hands of the original owner?

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure Theymos is occupied with others more important things and would likely not resolve this issue.

Conclusion of story: It is probably a sold account but the individual claiming to be the owner is probably not the original owner without a definitive signed message. It doesn't make sense that someone can send bitcoin from their own address that they claim to be their own but can't sign a message from the same address.
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 09:57:05 PM

as long as you dont get a signed message there is nothing to do.

Altcoin4life (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 11:50:33 PM

Hi everyone just to let you know  that swingdev has still not given a signed message from an old staked address.

But he has sent me 0.0001 BTC to my normal repayment address 1HbPkpQiKgq48mCpL5BTxyVsHf4fjM8uop - Proof is below:

https://blockchain.info/tx/ccae00b48dd1d0a7f80897fc063b469f16ee9c45f09ddb6450a0fe153b6dae74

If he has now proven??? that he owns the old staked address 1E6soVzn7Z5NGguwD9sZfXkVmn8a51Cg71  that was posted here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1164721.msg12788990#msg12788990

WHY CAN HE NOT JUST SIGN A MESSAGE FROM THIS ADDRESS? DOES THIS PROVE HE OWNS THE ADDRESS AS HE HAS MADE A PAYMENT FROM IT?

SWINGDEV, PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS THAT I HAVE ASKED MULTIPLE TIMES NOW.... WHERE IS THE SIGNED MESSAGE ?

Thanks
Altcoin4life

Duomo

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 01:31:59 AM

I have my doubts because who truly knows, maybe this individual knows the owner of that address and ask for coins to be send to an your specific address. Unless there is a signed messaged stating I am the original of this account and I would like it returned, I, myself don't believe it 100% because of all the inconsistencies that seem to be apparent.
SwingDev

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:37:41 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2016, 07:54:07 AM by SwingDev

Dude how many of these threads did you make?

I have verified ownership with digital signature over in what I guess is the most active thread on this subject

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1341682.msg13688787#msg13688787

Altcoin4life is now trying to sell my account to me to make up for his loss.

I was not providing a digital signature due to a misunderstanding in the signing process. I was under the assumption that both Theymos and Altcoin4life were asking for blank signed messages. I have never proven ownership of a bitcointalk account before and did not understand that a timestamp and message is included. You can understand why I found that a ridiculous security risk and flat out refused.

My confusion was cleared up in the other thread thanks to whywefight.
SwingDev

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:49:33 AM

Having ownership over more accounts with the same username all aged makes my ownership less credible? That's news to me please do explain. Regardless I've signed the signature and proven ownership.

I didn't know that at first. I wrongly assumed since you didn't have the private keys you couldn't sign. I signed a message (incorrectly blank) and sent it to theymos. Then initially refused to send a (wrongly assumed blank) digital signature to Altcoin4Life. This was because of my confusion posted above.

Well just stating a possibility, he might have not known of the steps to recover the account

Correct. I only knew about signing with Theymos (which i got even that wrong as posted above). I've only heard bad things about that process not working at all so i was hesitant and hoped Altcoin4life would be kind enough to return it. I was also pretty sure I couldn't sign anything at the start. I figured it was worth talking to him as my first shot because he has a positively repped profile. I didn't consider writing a scam report. My account was stolen, I was not scammed. The thought didn't cross my mind till it was mentioned in these threads. And what's the point in making one now that Altcoin4life has kindly made like 5 threads on the subject.
Duomo

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 08:34:58 AM

Having ownership over more accounts with the same username all aged makes my ownership less credible? That's news to me please do explain. Regardless I've signed the signature and proven ownership.

I didn't know that at first. I wrongly assumed since you didn't have the private keys you couldn't sign. I signed a message (incorrectly blank) and sent it to theymos. Then initially refused to send a (wrongly assumed blank) digital signature to Altcoin4Life. This was because of my confusion posted above.

Correct. I only knew about signing with Theymos (which i got even that wrong as posted above). I've only heard bad things about that process not working at all so i was hesitant and hoped Altcoin4life would be kind enough to return it. I was also pretty sure I couldn't sign anything at the start. I figured it was worth talking to him as my first shot because he has a positively repped profile. I didn't consider writing a scam report. My account was stolen, I was not scammed. The thought didn't cross my mind till it was mentioned in these threads. And what's the point in making one now that Altcoin4life has kindly made like 5 threads on the subject.

There is no kindness here, throw that idea out of your head. If you provide something for an obligation or someone provides something that you should of had somewhat knowledge of occurring, you are partially responsible. If your account was stolen, it was taken, provided a loan for and taken for collateral. You have nothing you can do besides that you were the original owner and you failed to maintain it. The lender made the assumption that the original owner was behind the control of the account. Either way, if you want it back, you should purchase it back whether for full price or for half price if Altcoin4life wishes too. The account is now the property of Altcoin4life and it is justified.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 09:40:45 AM

I'm quite sure SwingDev does own the account since I was one of the first persons to about to get scammed by murderiouskirk.You can easily make out from the post quality comparing first 2 pages and the aged ones.SwingDev seems to be a programmer ,I had told the same to mexxer in a private message that the old account owner was a Programmer.I think its Altcoin4life's fault for lending money to someone who already had accusations against him and you had been warned by mexxer to not trade with him.I hope the account is given back to SwingDev.
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 09:55:59 AM

I'm quite sure SwingDev does own the account since I was one of the first persons to about to get scammed by murderiouskirk.You can easily make out from the post quality comparing first 2 pages and the aged ones.SwingDev seems to be a programmer ,I had told the same to mexxer in a private message that the old account owner was a Programmer.I think its Altcoin4life's fault for lending money to someone who already had accusations against him and you had been warned by mexxer to not trade with him.I hope the account is given back to SwingDev.
Also SwingDev has provided a signed message in the other thread.

@Altcoin4life: Why are you creating multiple threads about this issue? It really scatters the information.
Altcoin4life (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:11:14 PM

Hi Swingdev

Thanks for your reply

I will let you know as i am thinking how i should proceed.

Cheers
Altcoin4life

Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 10:26:48 PM

The account is now the property of Altcoin4life and it is justified.
Nope, if something is stolen and then sold off (or in this case given away/taken collateral), it stays property of the original owner, as the thief didn't have the right to give it away in any case.
Altcoin4life isn't the rightful owner, SwingDev proved to be.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀