Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:35:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: List of all cryptocoins  (Read 833013 times)
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 02:49:24 AM

-MMM MMMcoin - dead. couldn't find anything
30s between blocks, retarget every 1440 blocks. 0.01 coin block reward, transaction fees "shredder" feature, 51% protection like solidcoin2 (but in more democratic way). Project was abandoned by developers and network stopped generation of new blocks ~ two months later.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xorxor (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 08:35:32 AM

30s between blocks, retarget every 1440 blocks. 0.01 coin block reward, transaction fees "shredder" feature, 51% protection like solidcoin2 (but in more democratic way). Project was abandoned by developers and network stopped generation of new blocks ~ two months later.

thank you.

info shortened and added.

if You have so much knowlege of this coin, can You tell me if that is correct:

>> ukrainian coin by SPMavrodi, named "yes we can" "my mozem mnogoye" <<

fuck deeponion, fuck bitcoincash, all glory to one BITCOIN
xorxor (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 09:13:35 AM

Beertokens - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=9493.0

WEEDS - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=24209.msg300830#msg300830

Groupcoin - (still active) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=24813.0

Ripples (XRP) - ripple.com

Also ask markm which of his OT galactic mileiu currencies started out as actual blockchains, several did, but he stopped thenm due to low hash power.

done some research and that is what i found so far:

beertokens - abitious [impossible?] try to stabilize price against commodity, never realy fully started
weeds - also never really started
groupcoin - also never started at full scale
ripple.com - also just in beta phase.

I'm not going to include concepts, ideas, etc - cause list would be HUGE anf full of unimportant spam.

if someone has a lot of knowledge about theese , and can correct my findings, I will be happy to apply changes and add them to the list.

ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 09:30:16 AM

Thanks for all the hard work, I took it and imported it to the wiki.

Please change the to a link the this article.

Please continue editing on the wiki. If anyone knows the market caps of the alts, please fill it in.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
Endgame

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 09:40:10 AM

Excellent list. Mods can we get this thread stickied? It is the most useful thread I have seen in the alt crypto subforum in a long time.
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 09:44:30 AM

Excellent list. Mods can we get this thread stickied? It is the most useful thread I have seen in the alt crypto subforum in a long time.

Great idea, mod pmed.

jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 11:32:29 AM

I would say beertokens/weeds (I thought it was like some testing for beertokens)/groupcoin were historically important because they were the first ones with mutlicoin and all that. Of course, we cannot include all proposals because there are so many, but I would say these deserve a mention, at least on the dead section.
By the way, I0coin is not new, he was launched after IXcoin.

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
xorxor (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 11:50:23 AM

I would say beertokens/weeds (I thought it was like some testing for beertokens)/groupcoin were historically important because they were the first ones with mutlicoin and all that. Of course, we cannot include all proposals because there are so many, but I would say these deserve a mention, at least on the dead section.
By the way, I0coin is not new, he was launched after IXcoin.

I agree beertoken could be a milestone, but for now nobody confirmed it was working for a least few weaks and if it is still alive, or why is it dead. without that information I don'd think I can determine it was an actual cryptocurrency.

I never did put I0coin as new, wiki page entry and all differences made to my list was done by ripper234 so you should PM him or edit wiki.

ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 12:12:46 PM

I agree beertoken could be a milestone, but for now nobody confirmed it was working for a least few weaks and if it is still alive, or why is it dead. without that information I don'd think I can determine it was an actual cryptocurrency.

I never did put I0coin as new, wiki page entry and all differences made to my list was done by ripper234 so you should PM him or edit wiki.

Perhaps it was an error in my copy-paste, it took some work to wikify it.
I moved all of the coins from New to Minor. I'd consider a coin New if it was first discussed less than 2-3 months ago.
(AFAIK there's no such coins, if there are please add/move to New).

I'd like to cleanup the Minor part and move a lot of stuff from there to the Dead part.
Do you guys know which of the Minor coins can be considered Dead?

I know that Bitcoin, Namecoin, Litecoin, PPCoin aren't dead. Any others?

xorxor (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 12:30:58 PM

@ ripper234

now You see why i didn't wanted it gone to wiki just yet? there is a lot of tuning left to do.
I don't think we should tune two list's at the same time, maybe in this topic we should focus on the first post list, not the wiki entry, and than You can use the data from here for wiki. If you would like to propose other categorization, make your arguments. if other's say You are right I'll change it. right now i still think terracoin and freicoin are kind off in the middle of bearing process beacause You definitely can't say they are well established, and also it is to early to say they are dying. anyway list will be dynamic, and even if we move those to from "new on the scene" category now, the category it self will be needed in near future. We can go back to the original "bearing / rising" name although. or make a new name, like "new / minor / bearing " .

ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 12:39:38 PM

@ ripper234

now You see why i didn't wanted it gone to wiki just yet? there is a lot of tuning left to do.
I don't think we should tune two list's at the same time, maybe in this topic we should focus on the first post list, not the wiki entry, and than You can use the data from here for wiki. If you would like to propose other categorization, make your arguments. if other's say You are right I'll change it.

No, I don't.
The tuning process is ongoing, and should continue in the wiki, that allows collaboration, and not just dictation by one individual.

I agree we shouldn't tune two lists at the same time.
Why don't you want to edit the wiki as well yourself?

right now i still think terracoin and freicoin are kind off in the middle of bearing process beacause You definitely can't say they are well established, and also it is to early to say they are dying. anyway list will be dynamic, and even if we move those to from "new on the scene" category now, the category it self will be needed in near future. We can go back to the original "bearing / rising" name although. or make a new name, like "new / minor / bearing " .

What is "bearing"? As in "value dropping"?

I'm sorry, I don't understand your English (division into paragraphs would help).
I left the New category open for any newcomers. I'm open to other ideas, not trying to dictate anything.
The criteria I suggest for New is any coin whose design is at least 2-3 months old.
Do you agree or disagree to this criteria?
If you disagree, please provide an alternative criteria.

I don't think too much categorization is necessary at this point. Don't you like the:
1. Major
2. Minor
3. New
4. Dead/Dying?

I don't want to have to edit the wiki each wiki when a currency turns from bearish to bullish to bearish, but rather focus on long-term trends. I you think a 5th section is needed we can do that, but I'm not in favor.

ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 05:08:20 PM

Alright, now the thread has been stickied.

xorxor, I am asking again: Please edit the original post you made and at least include a link to the wiki in a top, visible part of the post.
I would prefer replacing the entire content of the first post with just a link to the wiki, to remove confusion.

I asked before - are you opposed to having the wiki as the one, canonical place for such a list? If so, why?
Why not just go edit it instead of editing your list on this thread?

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 06:18:45 PM

thank you.

info shortened and added.

if You have so much knowlege of this coin, can You tell me if that is correct:

>> ukrainian coin by SPMavrodi, named "yes we can" "my mozem mnogoye" <<
It's correct, but he's not ukrainian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Mavrodi
DannyM

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 08:24:30 PM

Not could, it was seeing beertokens (well multicoin) that made "Nasakioto" see how easy it would be to change a few lines and create ixcoins. Too bad he didn't quite understand what he was doing, and his attempt to increase the subsidy generation rate actually doubled the total subsidy at the same rate until patched.

Umm beertokens had an exchange that worked, miners, I can get you an old copy of the blockchain if you like, what would make it not "an actual cryptocurrency"? Same for weeds. Also groupcoin is still going at low difficulty.
Vitalicus

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 12:38:50 AM

Tell me please >>
How many Gb on HDD I will need for BTC, LTC and PPC wallets ?

Liquid

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 02:12:41 AM

id say 20GB to be safe

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
Vitalicus

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 02:36:10 AM

Installed:
BTC - 5.62 Gb
LTC  - 1.03 Gb
PPC - 114 Mb

ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 05:14:49 AM

Alright, now the thread has been stickied.

xorxor, I am asking again: Please edit the original post you made and at least include a link to the wiki in a top, visible part of the post.
I would prefer replacing the entire content of the first post with just a link to the wiki, to remove confusion.

I asked before - are you opposed to having the wiki as the one, canonical place for such a list? If so, why?
Why not just go edit it instead of editing your list on this thread?

xorxor: Are you deliberately ignoring me, or just didn't have time to reply.
The thread is stickied, after I requested it - it's not Yet Another Thread.

Please do the edits I asked for, or explain why you think they're not a good idea.

bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 12:01:03 PM

I said it before, this list either needs to add ecash or remove digicash. They are both the children of David Chaum and is possibly where Bitcoin came from.

ecash
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecash

DigiCash
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digicash

jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 12:33:41 PM

I would probably remove them both. Chaumian "cash" is similar to open transactions untraceable "cash", which is for backed currencies and, in that sense, not cash but credit in my opinion.

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: