Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:18:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a team and what is not a team.  (Read 1497 times)
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 07:23:08 AM

its MY implementation. in my computer. github is for those that need teams to work together.

Yup - can't really see anyone wanting to work for "team Franky" can we.

Now - if you actually have a point that is relevant would you care to now make it (without a wall of text)?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 07:26:33 AM

It seems that people are getting more and more concerned about who is backing what development team. I can understand that bitcoin was a way to get away from the money powerhouses, but we must not forget that the development also needs recources.

If the dev teams did not need extra funding, they probaly wouldn't be involved with these parties anyway. If this is the only way to get funds for them, they have to take it.

but that can be done.
EG
kick starter for USER features.

but lets say miners wanted some added API stuff
lets say some merchants wanted some api features too..

the core team can do kickstarters for different features

i think the dev team would be more incentivised to code if they are funded per micro project (feature) being paid per feature then becomes a bonus or more incentive to add more features that the community will want sooner.

like if core done a kickstarter for 2mb blocklimit but only implementing it if the community threw in a collective X bitcoin to cover the few hours of code changes.. and a month of testing (costing the community maybe a couple dollars each)..
or the segwit stuff that benefits miners processing time.. they would pay alot..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 07:28:55 AM

So - if we are going for "popular voting" then I propose that we vote on the following:

1 - Free beer.
(assuming the majority votes for this then all participants will get free beer)

2 - (whatever silly technical thing that 99% of people don't actually even understand)

Cheesy

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 07:37:59 AM

irrelevant troll post
im guessing your drunk

how about envisioning it like
Luke Jr
'we are going to implement weakblocks that will help miners processing time, if you want to fund us here is our kickstarter/lighthouse. the more funds we get the more time we can put into it and get it finished sooner'

then wait for miners to donate

P Wuille
'we are going to implement segwit that will help miners processing time, if you want to fund us here is our kickstarter/lighthouse. the more funds we get the more time we can put into it and get it finished sooner'

then wait for miners to donate

have a nice day

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 07:40:39 AM

Put simply - you can't do software development by "popular vote".

Please show evidence of any (successful) project that has adopted the approach that you are outlining.

(and btw - I am not drunk but indeed normally to be bothered even responding to your posts I probably would have to be)

Also - why are you only restricting the voting to miners now (previously you have stated that everyone should have a vote)?

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 07:47:10 AM

Also - why are you only restricting the voting to miners now?

im not restricting it.. (you are knitpicking like a 12yo girl) im just using an example of who would be more incentiviced to pay.

oh and ill reference a previous post (infact 2 posts where i said the same thing)

but being paid per feature then becomes a bonus or more incentive to add more features that the community will want sooner.

i think the dev team would be more incentivised to code if they are funded per micro project (feature) being paid per feature then becomes a bonus or more incentive to add more features that the community will want sooner.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 07:48:42 AM

Please stop with the immature insults (this isn't the schoolyard now and no one is impressed by it).

You might find this interesting: http://ciyam.org/open/?cmd=view&data=20131001033213505000_P&ident=M100V112&chksum=29ee23ae

(I was working on the idea of developing software by payments for tasks several years ago - result - it doesn't work as software developers do not want to work that way)

So if you can find enough qualified developers to do work this way feel free to use my software to organise it (it is open source and you can actually create an entire website the same as http://ciyam.org/open just by pointing and clicking with virtually zero typing).

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 07:53:14 AM

Please stop with the immature insults (this isn't the schoolyard now and no one is impressed by it).

You might find this interesting: http://ciyam.org/open/?cmd=view&data=20131001033213505000_P&ident=M100V112&chksum=29ee23ae

(I was working on the idea of developing software by payments for tasks several years ago - result - it doesn't work as developers do not want to work that way)

not as sole source of income(quitting your job as you proposed).. but as a bonus

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 07:55:32 AM

not as sole source of income(quitting your job as you proposed).. but as a bonus

Again - just try and you'll see - they will not come (good programmers are hard to find and are very well paid so don't tend to want to go home to do more paid work on projects after hours).

Initially I had put in around 25 BTC to various tasks for CIYAM (including ones that were ridiculously easy such as changing the year text in all files which I paid 1 BTC at the time when BTC was probably at least at around 200 USD).

If BTC goes up radically again I might try the experiment again but I don't have much hopes that it will work (perhaps in the future when even programming jobs have become mostly obsolete the approach might take off).

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 07:57:42 AM

Again - just try and you'll see - they will not come (good programmers are hard to find and are very well paid so don't tend to want to go home to do more paid work on project's after hours).

not as a second job. but a bonus..

EG they are paid to code already.. but get a community bonus for doing it quicker.. same job, more pay.. (bonus)

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 07:59:19 AM

EG they are paid to code already.. but get a community bonus for doing it quicker.. same job, more pay.. (bonus)

You don't want software created "quicker" as that is how you get "rubbish".

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 08:13:05 AM

You don't want software created "quicker" as that is how you get "rubbish".

well if the team is delaying a feature. not due to it taking 2 years to code it. but because they are not motivated.. then it can be done quicker and properly, because they are now financially motivated to do it.

EG lets say you got paid $20 from a spouse, to order a burger from a fast food restaurant because you cant be arsed to make your own burger at home. even if its a 45 minute delivery time
but then she says "ill pay you $50 if you cook a burger at home using the mince in the freezer the veg on the counter and the buns in the cupboard..

knowing you can cook a nice healthier burger in 30 minutes.. would you still get your phone to call the restaurant? or take the $50 and show off to your spouse your culinary artistic cooking skills

anyway.. have a nice day i think your just knitpicking rather then anything now

so have a nice day

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 08:16:57 AM

Please set up a website and see if you get any coders to join in with the concept.

At least I have actually *done this* (you have done nothing other than to post here).

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 08:19:26 AM

Please set up a website and see if you get any coders to join in with the concept.

At least I have actually *done this* (you have done nothing other than to post here).

maybe your website didnt work because of lack of advertising.

so lets take
kickstarter
mechanical turk
lighthouse
fiverr

oh wait.. they work

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 08:20:45 AM

so lets take
kickstarter
mechanical turk
lighthouse
fiverr

oh wait.. they work

So where are the open source projects being funded using these platforms and why isn't Bitcoin work listed on them already?

(it seems pretty silly to even be posting about this here rather than simply creating something on one of those websites - so why don't you take a break from here and do just that?)

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 08:41:08 AM

I can just see the headline:

@franky1 saves Bitcoin by recruiting Mechanical Turk "captcha solvers" to work on the core development (who says you need qualified programmers to write software?)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: