Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:54:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PayServices Multi-Value Exchange & ButterflyBits Crypto Rewards  (Read 7150 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ButterflyByPayServices

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 04:55:27 AM

Some good articles on the topic:
http://dcebrief.com/the-launch-of-payservices-com-has-come/
http://finance.boston.com/boston/news/read/31454328/PayServices_Announces_Launch_of_Innovative_Financial_Services_Portal
http://finance.dailyherald.com/dailyherald/news/read/31454328/PayServices_Announces_Launch_of_Innovative_Financial_Services_Portal
http://markets.ask.com/ask/news/read?GUID=31454328
http://markets.financialcontent.com/mng-ba.siliconvalley/news/read/31454328/PayServices_Announces_Launch_of_Innovative_Financial_Services_Portal
http://finance.dmwmedia.com/dmwmedia/news/read?GUID=31454328
http://finance.ceoworld.biz/ceoworldbiz/news/read?GUID=31454328
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:02:39 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2016, 07:23:31 PM by wiser

I realize I'm a bit confused about the Butterfly card. My understanding is that it is supposed to function as a debit card for my PayServices account. If so, is there any way I can set the order in which coins are converted to fiat when I make a sale. Let's say I hold five coins in my account, can I set which one I want to exchange first vs. the ones I want to hold onto as long as possible?

Also, someone mentioned that the card is necessary in order to have access to all the features of PayServices. Which features in particular are only open to card holders?

Finally, I've noticed several different prices on the cards. I know that these prices determine how many BFB get added to our accounts, but aside from that, is there any difference among the cards? Does the $125 card actually do more or unlock more features than the $10 card?

Most of the information on the PayServices website is about the technical features of the card, but that's not really what customers want to know. We want to know what the card will actually do for us. Can you possibly shed some light?
Frank Bacon

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:19:02 AM

Very sorry if this question has been asked/answered, but...

Is the Butterfly card usable as a Swipeable debit card?  and if so, who is the credit card processor on the back end and what are the fees?\

The Card looks very robust and I am interested in using it as a way to pay employees but only if it can be used in Legacy payment systems like a credit card.  Does this make sense?

Thank you for this forum and information.

Kind regards.
~Frank
Anoona

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:27:08 AM

Sounds a good idea, hope this worth it
Frank Bacon

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:08:31 AM

THANK YOU!  This is Great!

So my deeper question is what is the Credit Card Company that The Butterfly Card uses?
Visa, Mastercard, etc?
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:06:41 PM

So my deeper question is what is the Credit Card Company that The Butterfly Card uses?
Visa, Mastercard, etc?

PayServices owns their own servers and the 'Point of Sale' terminals are virtual and built into the software apps such as the 4 smartphone applications downloads for Windows Phone, IOS, Android, Blackberry and the Butterfly Browser. The Butterfly Card transactions are made within the PayServices network which allows for conversion covering every store of value listed on PayServices. The PayServices system handles all processing in house instantly. If a merchant runs a transaction with a Visa or MasterCard through a PayServices 'Point of Sale' Terminal PayServices only processes its fee for the use of the PayServices Butterfly Network and lets the Visa or MasterCard companies to process their own transactions void of any liability on the PayServices end.

This is all theoretically speaking. I do not have a Butterfly Card yet so frankly I really do not know. My suggestion would be to obtain a Butterfly Card and see what all it has to offer and if it covers your specific needs. Then come back to this [ANN] Thread and report your findings.

So, would the Payservices card be accepted at ordinary terminals that retailers use--the ones that take Visa, MasterCard, and Discover?
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 09:47:36 PM

Visa, Mastercard, etc?

PayServices owns their own servers and the 'Point of Sale' terminals are virtual and built into the software apps such as the 4 smartphone applications downloads for Windows Phone, IOS, Android, Blackberry and the Butterfly Browser. The Butterfly Card transactions are made within the PayServices network which allows for conversion covering every store of value listed on PayServices. The PayServices system handles all processing in house instantly. If a merchant runs a transaction with a Visa or MasterCard through a PayServices 'Point of Sale' Terminal PayServices only processes its fee for the use of the PayServices Butterfly Network and lets the Visa or MasterCard companies to process their own transactions void of any liability on the PayServices end.

This is all theoretically speaking. I do not have a Butterfly Card yet so frankly I really do not know. My suggestion would be to obtain a Butterfly Card and see what all it has to offer and if it covers your specific needs. Then come back to this [ANN] Thread and report your findings.

So, would the Payservices card be accepted at ordinary terminals that retailers use--the ones that take Visa, MasterCard, and Discover?

"The Butterfly Card transactions are made within the PayServices network"

I think retailers need to have the PayServices PoS terminal.

twitter @antiiclimax
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 09:58:51 PM

If that's the case, then the card isn't such a great deal. How long is it going to take for all the retailers to start accepting it?
ButterflyByPayServices

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 04:55:44 PM

Visa, Mastercard, etc?

I believe your correct on both answers. Mass adoption is definitely needed. PayServices is a start up and will need a lot of help from the Crypto Community in achieving mass adoption, but that should not be hard since its got so much potential due to the large amount of currencies that will be traded plus the numerous features offered within the system. These technical details are difficult to know until the cards are in peoples hands and the platform is completed and working which we were all told would be 30 days after launch which 20 days still remain. When I answer any questions I am only going by what I have heard or read but mostly just guessing based on common sense and quite a few years experience in the Bitcoin industry in general.

Thank you all for the inputs.
As you are all aware, when there is a new product/service coming out there is still an adoption curve.
At this moment we are still in the early adopters' adoption curve.
The current retailers are at the moment only accepting legacy cards in fiat currency and are not yet equipped to process payments in any other currency.
The main goal of the Butterfly Card is to provide a solution to accept payments in any currency.
Anybody who currently installs the "Butterfly by PayServices.com" mobile app on his phone can accept payments from the Butterfly Card - where the phone becomes the Point of Sale terminal.
In addition to that, retailers who are interested can also get a dedicated hardware Point Of Sale Terminal that can process transactions in fiat currency using legacy cards, as well the Butterfly Card.
Finally, anybody using the PayServices shopping Cart API for its website can also accept payments in any crypto currency that is supported by the PayServices clearing machine.
Jk423

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 01:24:54 AM

Any word on getting BB's on an exchange?
wagnerbutterfly

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:39:15 PM

If that's the case, then the card isn't such a great deal. How long is it going to take for all the retailers to start accepting it?

The payservice website is very complicated, not interactive.
To use with cryptos, need install a program (like a resident browser) and make a bureaucratic identification routine, with pictures and movies - absolutely useless. Ask me to open my camera, hold my ID and read a text recording? CMOOOOM

My experience : the more complicated the registration system , the lower the number of users . With this ridiculous system of identification, this payservice / butterfly card is destined to fail.
I do a card mastercard with less bureaucracy .
This is my opinion - access to crypto has to be simple - who want more security , use a longer password .
PayServices

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 02:50:15 AM

Sooo,

I've got about 45,000 to dump,

If anyone is interested just dm me.
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 03:36:36 AM

DEAD SHITCOIN IS DEAD!

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
ButterflyByPayServices

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:47:46 PM

The payservice website is very complicated, not interactive.
To use with cryptos, need install a program (like a resident browser) and make a bureaucratic identification routine, with pictures and movies - absolutely useless. Ask me to open my camera, hold my ID and read a text recording? CMOOOOM

My experience : the more complicated the registration system , the lower the number of users . With this ridiculous system of identification, this payservice / butterfly card is destined to fail.
I do a card mastercard with less bureaucracy .
This is my opinion - access to crypto has to be simple - who want more security , use a longer password .

Hello "wagnerbutterfly".
The PayServices platform via its VEMS allows people to buy and sell in crypto currencies but also to convert to different fiat currencies.
PayServices is a fully licensed Money Transmitter and Money Exchanger in various jurisdictions.
As such, anybody who wants to transact and be able to exchange at some point to fiat currency, needs to follow a simple procedure that requires 5 minutes of your time to provide some basic information.
You're invited to come back and complete the 3 steps verification process and start transacting like many others.
Thanks you!
ButterflyByPayServices

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:54:35 PM

DEAD SHITCOIN IS DEAD!

Thank you "Godson_Mansa" for this useless and false input.
You are invited to re-read the initial post and finally to register an account and trade some coins.
Many exchanges already in BFB and other currencies occurred on the VEMS.
Some people already managed to exchange their BFB for USD.
Warm regards.
5trade

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 05:42:44 PM

Sooo,

I've got about 45,000 to dump,

If anyone is interested just dm me.

pm me i am interested
lfo

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

BNM founder

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 10:02:22 PM

where is the exchange?

Blocknewsmedia.com
Blocknewsmedia.us
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 04:49:20 AM

DEAD SHITCOIN IS DEAD!

Thank you "Godson_Mansa" for this useless and false input.
You are invited to re-read the initial post and finally to register an account and trade some coins.
Many exchanges already in BFB and other currencies occurred on the VEMS.
Some people already managed to exchange their BFB for USD.
Warm regards.

Yay, glad i was wrong lol
sarcasm;  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
Wot-5

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 10:46:13 PM

where is the exchange?
where is the exchange ButterflyBits ?