Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:58:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC and BF] MININGCO.ETF - Closed  (Read 48123 times)
gnomesick

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:43:09 AM

Does everyone else think creativex's motion text is the way to go?

+1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:51:22 AM

I like it. Do I have your permission to copy your motion text nearly verbatim?  Smiley

You do indeed. Smiley

Carnth (OP)

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:27:50 PM

Motion to split share 10 for 1 has started on BTCT.co.

Management recommends you vote for the motion to pass.

Please log on to btct.co and vote!

For Bitfunder shares only:
I don't think there is any precedent for this so please bare with me.
Currently there are 87 pass-through shares.
If you have Bitfunder shares, sign your vote (for or against) with your public Bitcoin address. PM your signed vote to me.

Votes must be received by 09-Aug-2013 00:00 UTC.

Default vote:
If I don't get more than a 50% vote "against" of all the Bitfunder shares, then all Bitfunder pass-through shares will vote "for" this motion to pass on btct.co

Summary:
If you want to vote "for," then do nothing.
If you want to vote "against," then I need a PM from you with your signed vote.

I know the Bitfunder part got a little confusing, but I hope the summary helped.
Remember: Vote!
Carnth (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:06:38 AM

Motion to split share 10 for 1 has started on BTCT.co.
Remember: Vote!

Has everyone remembered to vote? Let's be the first asset to get 100% unanimous on a motion!
Carnth (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:10:29 PM

Total dividends of 1.09939794 will be paid this week.

This is about 0.004451 per share with an instant annual dividend yield of 15.38%

This week, all of our underlying assets have continued to decrease. This is mainly due to so many IPO's of ASIC manufacturing companies in one week.

This has caused the NAV per share to decrease to BTC1.50

Future Outlook - My guess as to what's to come.

The number of IPOs on BitFunder and btct.co is mind boggling. Many people have sold off their interests in order to "jump into" new assets. This has caused our underlying assets to decrease.
Our underlying assets continue to look to the future and head off increased mining difficulty by looking for new hardware.

Remember to vote: 10 for 1 split

MiningCo.ETF is available on BTCT.co and as a pass-through on BitFunder.
Ashitank

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 04:26:21 AM

So what is the update with stock split ?
Carnth (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 05:21:31 PM

The motion passed. I have contacted burnside and Ukyo about splitting the asset 10 for 1.
Carnth (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:57:55 PM

Total dividends of 1.06029801 will be paid this week.

This is about 0.0042927 per share with an instant annual dividend yield of 17.62%

This week, all of our underlying assets have continued to decrease. This is still due to so many IPO's of every kind.

This has caused the NAV per share to decrease to BTC1.27

The IPO's continue on the exchanges. Although this brings down the NAV, our dividends still continue strong. Both bASIC-MINING and Nasty Fans have added additional mining power this week.

The motion to split the share has passed. I have contacted both Burnside and Ukyo to implement the split.

burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 06:39:07 AM

The motion passed. I have contacted burnside and Ukyo about splitting the asset 10 for 1.

Split complete on BTCT.CO.

Please be careful when placing new bids and asks.

Cheers.
Carnth (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:43:49 PM

Split complete on BTCT.CO.

Please be careful when placing new bids and asks.

Cheers.

This is great.  The spreadsheet has been updated to reflect the split shares. I have increased the decimal to 4 places in a number of different cells.

BitFunder shares have still not split.Trading will continue on Bitfunder shares, but I would advise everyone to clear your market orders until after the split completes.
I have sent Ukyo another message to split the shares but have not heard from him.
Carnth (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:48:49 AM

MiningCo.ETF has successfully completed the 10 for 1 stock split on btct.co and on BitFunder.

Please make sure to clear any open orders and adjust your price accordingly.
Carnth (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:19:38 PM

We had our shares split 10 for 1. All values have been adjusted.

Total dividends of 1.07261277 will be paid this week.

This is about 0.00043426  per share with an instant annual dividend yield of 19.00%

This week, all of our underlying assets have continued to decrease. This is still due to so many IPO's of every kind.

This has caused the NAV per share to decrease to BTC0.1189

This week, bASIC-MINING and Cognitive have increased their power with additional ASIC devices.
Nasty Fans has taken a huge step to up its mining power by placing a large order for BFL's new Monarch 28nm ASIC devices. We can only hope BFL actually behaves like a company that cares about its customers and ships them as promised.
Cognitive has also promised 28nm technology.
With the next generation of ASICs being released, this of course means that we are all playing the waiting game... again.
"28nm .... coming soon.™"

Carnth (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:11:19 PM

Total dividends of 0.90961993 will be paid this week.

This is about 0.00036827  per share with an instant annual dividend yield of 18.23%

This week, all of our underlying assets have continued to decrease despite announcements of additional equipment orders..

This has caused the NAV per share to decrease to BTC0.105

With more and more companies releasing ASIC products, our underlying funds have some extremely tough choices to make, and sometimes only minutes to make them. Its an extremely tough job.
We can only hope that new and existing manufacturers treat their customers with respect and deliver what they promise.

Surf Capital Management

Activity: 213
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:57:41 PM

How do you have BTC17.75 in the "Bitcoin Reserve"? I was only able to account for ~BTC15.36 by adding the balance in your BTCT.co account and Blockchain account. Is there another account where you keep additional BTC?

Also, what are you plans with the reserve funds? Any new IPO's or share purchases on the horizon?

PS - your security distribution is out of compliance with the prospectus, bASIC-mining is overweight by greater than the allowed +/- 10%. I motion you add a sixth security to the portfolio....
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 03:39:24 PM

How do you have BTC17.75 in the "Bitcoin Reserve"? I was only able to account for ~BTC15.36 by adding the balance in your BTCT.co account and Blockchain account. Is there another account where you keep additional BTC?

Also, what are you plans with the reserve funds? Any new IPO's or share purchases on the horizon?

PS - your security distribution is out of compliance with the prospectus, bASIC-mining is overweight by greater than the allowed +/- 10%. I motion you add a sixth security to the portfolio....

Back during the bASIC/Cog spike I requested the prospectus be honored and the portfolio rebalanced.   We could have turned the excess overvalued portion into many more undervalued shares, but didn't.    Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Carnth (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 05:20:39 PM

The remaining BTC after adding up the balances of btct.co and the 1Mining6 address is on BitFunder
I moved the funds there to cover dividends payouts so I can avoid individual Bitcoin transaction fees. This allows me to pay the same dividends on both exchanges.

Due to the recent decline in most mining assets, I have been slowly acquiring more shares in our underlying assets.

As far as new IPOs are concerned, this funds takes a more conservative approach when introducing new assets. Only assets with a proven track record of steady dividends and upholding their contracts will be considered. This excludes IPOs as they have no track record.
After these new IPO have been proven as a successful asset, their inclusion will be considered.
My focus has always been on steady dividends with less risk (although mining is still very risky).
Surf Capital Management

Activity: 213
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 06:35:46 PM

Carnth,

How many Miningco.ETF shares do you personally own?

Will you ever sell the  remaining 9.9mm shelf shares to increase the float? If so, how will you issue them? At NAV I suppose...
Carnth (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 07:50:34 PM

Carnth,

How many Miningco.ETF shares do you personally own?

Will you ever sell the  remaining 9.9mm shelf shares to increase the float? If so, how will you issue them? At NAV I suppose...

I do own shares of MiningCo.ETF in my personal portfolio. But please understand that I won't disclose the number of shares anyone owns as a matter of privacy.

When needed, additional shares are released to the market at NAV. On occasion, the fund will do very limited share buy-backs at 90% NAV.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 07:58:59 PM

security distribution is out of compliance with the prospectus, bASIC-mining is overweight by greater than the allowed +/- 10%. I motion you add a sixth security to the portfolio....

QFT, emphasis added:

Balancing
All assets in the fund, except the Bitcoin Reserve, will be weighted equally based on Bitcoin value. Assets in the fund will be kept in equal weight less the Bitcoin Reserve by periodically rebalancing the fund. This occurs through the manager utilizing the Bitcoin Reserve, when necessary, to trade underlying assets. This can not be maintained all the times with 100% accuracy.

Rebalancing will occur not less than once per month,

and not more than once per week. Acceptable tolerance for balancing is a 10% margin of error of entire fund’s value for each asset. Balancing to a higher degree will incur unnecessary exchange fees and might depress low volume underlying assets. Exchange fees will be kept to a minimum by trying to perform direct transfers between asset issuers and the fund.

Let's not miss the next opportunity to profitably accomplish compliance with this provision.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Carnth (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:02:43 PM

Total dividends of 0.81179940 will be paid this week.

This is about 0.00032866 per share with an instant annual dividend yield of 19.11%

This week, all of our underlying assets have continued to decrease despite announcements of additional equipment orders and other large deals.

This has caused the NAV per share to decrease to BTC0.0895

All of our underlying assets either have orders placed or are negotiating large deals for Gen 2 ASIC devices.
Among all our assets, we have orders/negotiations in KnC Miner, BFL Monarchs, Bitfury, and CoinTerra.
As difficulty continues to skyrocket, our dividends will slowly wane until delivery of equipment is made.

Shares can be transferred between BTCT.co and BitFunder. 10 share minimum. PM Carnth for details.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: