Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:52:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Asics are scam nothing will arrive and it will be the end of bitecoin  (Read 16215 times)
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 05:45:58 AM

If asics are a scam and will never arrive, how are asics responsible for the end of "bitecoin" (how your idiot mind spells it)? Are you implying that asics are the only thing that can ***cough*** save "bitecoin"?

Seriously, you (like most of the people that troll around here) need to get laid.

Moving to Puerto Rico...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GoldSeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 05:55:39 AM

Another end of bitcoin could be the dead of Silk Road which is the real economy of bitcoin (22Millions $ a year), and I checked ALL the bitcoin stores in the wiki, there is no real economy behind bitcoin except people buying for speculation or people buying bitcoin to buy drugs.

Your English is terrible. "could be the dead of Silk Road". lol

"in the wiki". wow. good for you. I don't care.

The economy IS the exchanges. This is where the value is set. Who gives a shit if people use them for real world transactions. I'm not concerned with the economy past where I turn them into dollars.

Silk road and free market reloaded sell more than just drugs. You can buy guns, passports, poisions, and even have someone send a ricin bomb to a numpy like you.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 01:20:11 PM

Oh you guys, I think everyone is at a boiling point because of the delays made by our competitors.

We shipped, website will be updated shortly.

First unit goes to Jeff Garzik in honor for the work he has done for the bitcoin codebase being the only developer who ordered from us.

we also arranged to ship a unit to the Bitcoin Foundation, whom is going to do a demo.

The avalon team on the other hand is going to make sure the whole shipping process go smoothly. like handling DHL/EMS problem, and other custom issues.

cheers.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137534.msg1465887#msg1465887

Third Way

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 01:09:13 AM

Another end of bitcoin could be the dead of Silk Road which is the real economy of bitcoin (22Millions $ a year), and I checked ALL the bitcoin stores in the wiki, there is no real economy behind bitcoin except people buying for speculation or people buying bitcoin to buy drugs.

The economy IS the exchanges. This is where the value is set. Who gives a shit if people use them for real world transactions. I'm not concerned with the economy past where I turn them into dollars.

Silk road and free market reloaded sell more than just drugs. You can buy guns, passports, poisions, and even have someone send a ricin bomb to a numpy like you.

That's Black market Reloaded you heretic.

blease resbond -> 1BYJKxpntNn6TZbM5M5CWkEb8vr8vDcBrr
maqifrnswa

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:35:17 AM

Obviously you don't know anything about what economy is and how economy mechanism works. You obviously don't know anything about black market subject you just should shut the fuck up or educate yourself.

While I don't agree with the language, I agree with the argument. Value comes from what people are willing to trade for a real good. The reason why the exchanges exist at all is because people are willing to exchange real goods for bitcoins. They are also willing to exchange real goods for fiat. If at any time people no longer want to exchange goods for bitcoin or fiat, the exchange rate will skyrocket (or plummet). If no one wants to give you something for your bitcoins, they are worthless and the exchange rate will follow. [This excludes speculation, which can't be the basis for a stable economy]
GoldSeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 08:00:39 AM

There are a lot of people who participate in bitcoin that are not interested in trading them for physical goods or services. Paying for goods/services or holding bitcoins - I'm not interested in that at all, like many others. I'd rather hold dollars. Holding unstable, volitile currencies is not for me. I'll trade a bitcoin for a dollar any day.

As for Mah87, I'm not sure what point you are actually trying to make. So, you can go suck a polar bear's dick unless you have something marginally interesting to say.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 02:05:57 PM

I'd rather hold dollars. Holding unstable, volitile currencies is not for me. I'll trade a bitcoin for a dollar any day.

Are you talking about US Dollars?Huh  You call that stable and non volatile???  The US economy is on it's way to the same train wreck that Greece is in.  So USD is the last thing I would hold at the moment.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 03:28:34 PM

I'd rather hold dollars. Holding unstable, volitile currencies is not for me. I'll trade a bitcoin for a dollar any day.

Are you talking about US Dollars?Huh  You call that stable and non volatile???  The US economy is on it's way to the same train wreck that Greece is in.  So USD is the last thing I would hold at the moment.

+1  I wouldn't touch it with a shitty stick.

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
mokahless

Activity: 471
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 02:15:49 AM

How will it be the end of Bitcoin?  If ASICs never arrive, those who couldn't afford them will rejoice and keep mining with their existing hardware.

Not profitable anymore, bitcoin need to stick to moore law otherwise hrate will crash Wink smartass

You are forgetting about difficulty. If the hashrate doesn't increase, neither will the difficulty.

Delays were predictable. Saying "omg we did not expect these delays" is just a lie, so I believe nothing will arrive.
End of bitcoin is a consequence , bitcoin can survive only with enough miners, and people mine for money (no most of people don't care about freedom and this kind a propaganda or just as a "bonus" in addition of money), no new device, no innovation= no more profitable = no more miner (everybody's gonna go speculate on something else..)= end of bitcoin.

No new device,no innovation= no significant difficulty changes =GPU miners continuing to mine and FPGAs becoming the defacto efficiency option for those with the cash.

"bitcoin can survive only with enough miners"
No.

Fail
Less Hashrate = Less difficulty, which means more Bitcoins/Hash with easier work.
Fixed that for you.
10 minutes.

Actually asics may arrive I just don't like the way butterflylabs communicates it seems their methods are from "Communication for dummies, how to make people wait without riots..." or something like that.

Other thing I can't stand is people saying "wow bitcoin is so great this is all about creating freedom/community/payement/blablabla;;;" THIS IS NOT, bitcoin model is funded on miner PROFIT, no miner work for something else than money (I'm talking about people mining for more than 1Gh here...real miner) .

Last thing super annoying to read evrywhere , "bitcoin is based on a real economy" , this is SO WRONG, real economy is Silk Road and similar friends, I'm not saying bitcoin won't ever have a real economy but for now it's 95% speculation, either people order drugs either people are betting on bitcoin future (and hope to make MONEY).

People who are the community core (dev, blog, etc...) have another interest than money but it's a small minority (and they are also interested in money of course!).

Saying something else about bitcoin is just wrong, dumb and naive!!

This thread is a provocation, I'm willing to hear other point of vue and arguments! really!
Fun provocation. I helped you by posting random stuff Smiley
I treat bitcoin as an investment. If people buy it or sell it or mine it, I'm sure a lot of people treat it the same way. It does have a long way to come before being treated by the majority of people using it as a currency.
Hopefully, that will happen over time and the investment will slowly pay off.

DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 06:48:04 PM

Fail
Less Hashrate = Less difficulty, which means more Bitcoins/Hash with easier work.
Fixed that for you.
10 minutes.

Your statement is only right for pooled mining.
Didn't understand what 10 minutes means

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
BrannigansLaw

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 10:32:44 AM

God this thread is more about his irrelevant typo of bitcoin. He raised a point but no it won't be the end of bitcoin although the value will fall.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2013, 11:33:47 AM

.... You do realise when there is a high demand for something and it becomes rare the price rises right? We've also got the ability to break up the Bitcoin too.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 06:39:29 PM

although the value will fall.

Again, why will the value fall?

and if it does fall, it will be a buying op.

There will never be more then 21Million bitcoins......ever!

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
GernMiester

Activity: 285

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 07:16:50 PM

I'm saying the truth. Period.

bitecoin?Huh one word... IDIOT!
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 04:16:30 PM

Cough Cough.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
maqifrnswa

Activity: 454

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 03:10:45 AM

scammer tag? Wink
coastermonger

Activity: 367

Find me at Bitrated

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 01:18:38 PM

Asics are scam nothing will arrive and it will be the end of bitecoin

I think you should stay off satoshidice for a while.

Bitrated user: Rees.
rini17

Activity: 340

GO http://bitcointa.lk !!! My new nick: jurov

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 12:45:51 AM

Everyone, please calm down.. and cash out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140608.0 Grin

CoinBr.com: First online MPEx brokerage launched beta! Easy to use interface and reasonable fees. Charts for MPEx stocks: live.coinbr.com * My Blog *
MaxLAMF

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 08:48:07 AM

Where did you get the knowledge of this "truth" from?

It's a scam , they said november then we are in january and still nothing...

Don't underestimate the power of self-delusion and denial. These people love ASICs and they will believe they are coming for months yet.
If they do arrive they will be an obsolete generation.

I asked already a similar question, what could be an alternative? Or is their anything different, more powerful already in developement?
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 09:19:12 AM

Cars are coming, time to sell your horse.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: