Bitcoin Forum
April 21, 2018, 05:53:51 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: CKPool Stats - iPhone App  (Read 21035 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vh

Activity: 597
Merit: 552

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 06:50:53 PM

Apple iPhone version for CKPool Stats is now available

This is the main thread to provide status and QA.  

Related Threads:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.0 kano.is
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=763510.0 solo.ckpool.org

CKPool Stats provides a portable view of key statistics from kano.is and solo.ckpool.org.

Current Release v1.2 adds:
- Worker transition to idle notification.
- Worker sorting by name / hash tapping.
- Badge notification for idle workers.
- api key QR reader.  

Release v1.1 included support for:
- Block solve / found notification.
- Payout notification (kano.is).
- Apple watch notification when paired.
- Pool statistics.
- API based worker statistics (kano.is).
- BTC address worker statistics.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ckpool-stats/id1076177533?ls=1&mt=8

Troubleshooting steps:
1. Make sure you have internet access.
2. Make sure you allow notifications (do it right the first time).
3. Kano.is username(s) are case sensitive.

FAQ:
Q. There's a red badge on my icon with a number in it.  What is it and how do i clear it?
A. The number represents the count of idle workers seen in your watch list.   It will clear itself out when idle workers clear out.

Q.  How do I sort my workers by hashrate?
A.  Tap the hashrate of any worker.   It will sort ascending (yellow).  A second tap on the hashrate will sort descending (green).  Same applies to worker name.

Q. What is Direct Addresses?
A. That plus sign in configuration is for adding BTC based worker monitoring addresses.   It will be listed under Direct Addresses.
        1. use address.worker syntax (address only might work)
        2. swipe the added item to the left to get the option to delete typos.

Q.  What is the criteria for Trending Down?
A.  Subject to change: Trending Down is currently set to show worker where its 5 min hash is less than 85% of it's 24h hash.

Q.  The app link is reporting not available in my country.
A.  Try again in later.

Q.  Can I join beta to get a sneak peek at the next build.
A.  PM me an email.   You'll get added to apple's beta list for new build notification and early install.  

Known Bugs:
- Two stats pool mode covers up marquee on iPad mini.
  + Cleaned up in next build.    Workaround: Use four stats mode.

What's next in v1.3:
1.  Worker detail modal.
2.  More on/off buttons in the configuration section to customize.
3.  One or more misc todo.

Misc Todos:
1.  Summary group for DA
2.  iPad friendly(er)
3.  Multiple account support.
4.  Add worker name which found block.  (best effort)

Disclaimer:
The app is free, as such you can expect at a minimum you will get free quality support.
If you like the app and want to root for it's survival, support the dev license fee, or to just send a thanks,
    send donations to : 1CKaPP1wSBBfqhJB5uE7QBqyvEf2EBSjQe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on sites such as blockchain.info and brainwallet.org. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1008

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 02:17:26 PM

Nice work vh!  More stuff for our geek gadgets!

I really like the three worker screens for Hashing, Trending Down, and Idle.  It took me a second to figure that out.  I was wondering why one of my S5s (that's been down for 8 hours at the data center) was not showing up on the Hashing screen.

I proudly mine at the Kano Pool, the Best Bitcoin Pool in the World!
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 03:08:15 PM

Very Nice App.. Appreciate it:)  sent you a small donation... https://blockexplorer.com/tx/f474c886d339ab1a59b90e6df4bb7661405e3bc848fa330b92847df8a9502562

Was wondering if your app will display who found the block?  Not sure if kano api provides those details i haven't used it. Maybe could scrape the blocks page for the data after a block found notification if the api does not...

Best Regards
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:02:37 PM

I've been playing with your app. Very nice so far.

Does the direct address feature support worker names appended to the BTC address in the usual form (i.e. address.workername)?

I accidentally created a blank direct address, but was able to delete it (based on your instructions in the first post). Maybe you could consider some basic validation when entering a new address?

Thanks for your efforts!

Was I helpful?   BTC: 18wQtEDmhur2xAd3oE8qgrZbpCDeuMsdQW   LTC: LbqLtkZ6wTSpwHHuv1tG4J7tHajGdH5QFB   DOGE: D9R5ySAP2DARpxuNKd7hN7ANmqFiGwB9G6
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1014

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 04:13:02 PM

Nice work!  I don't mine on the pools; however, I do support them.  I sent you a donation: https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/51b5f35ba32e93dcecf194e5803c1640b096b1b958f9e64c965e6fa31cbf285a

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
ZACHM

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:25:25 PM

Very Nice App.. Appreciate it:)  sent you a small donation... https://blockexplorer.com/tx/f474c886d339ab1a59b90e6df4bb7661405e3bc848fa330b92847df8a9502562

Was wondering if your app will display who found the block?  Not sure if kano api provides those details i haven't used it. Maybe could scrape the blocks page for the data after a block found notification if the api does not...

Best Regards
d57heinz

I looked into doing this at one point, but the api does not support it and the block finder is not shown on the blocks page unless you are logged in.
vh

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:28:42 PM

Glad to see it's getting some activity use and holding up so far.

re: tagging on block solver's name
- adding to todo.   not in api but doable and it will add to the excitement   i suspect kano is not displaying it on the home screen because of privacy respect.   if i get a request to not display, i'll end up removing it.

re: direct btc address.   yes it takes address_worker syntax.

re: donation.   cool.   appreciated and thanks.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1039

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:38:06 PM

I added a qrcode of the API key to the "Account"->"User Settings" page coz it's a drag to have to type that whole key out Smiley
(I of course simply used a qr code reader to copy/paste into the configuration)

Pool: https://kano.is Here on Bitcointalk: Forum BTC: 1KanoPb8cKYqNrswjaA8cRDk4FAS9eDMLU
FreeNode IRC: irc.freenode.net channel #kano.is Majority developer of the ckpool code
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with full block verification on all blocks - and NO empty blocks!
kano
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:39:21 PM

- adding to todo.   not in api but doable and it will add to the excitement   i suspect kano is not displaying it on the home screen because of privacy respect.   if i get a request to not display, i'll end up removing it.

re: direct btc address.   yes it takes address_worker syntax.

re: donation.   cool.   appreciated and thanks.

Um - it's not doable without a password - and as I've said on the login page, no one should be giving out their password.

Edit: also note that the API is pretty much fixed - but if you are screen scraping web pages, that will break if I change any of them and I'm not holding back web page changes to avoid breaking an app that scrapes a web page.

Pool: https://kano.is Here on Bitcointalk: Forum BTC: 1KanoPb8cKYqNrswjaA8cRDk4FAS9eDMLU
FreeNode IRC: irc.freenode.net channel #kano.is Majority developer of the ckpool code
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with full block verification on all blocks - and NO empty blocks!
vh

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:43:24 PM

I added a qrcode of the API key to the "Account"->"User Settings" page coz it's a drag to have to type that whole key out Smiley

If you do, i'll look into adding a QR scanner.   looks pretty basic.

vh

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:47:27 PM

- adding to todo.   not in api but doable and it will add to the excitement   i suspect kano is not displaying it on the home screen because of privacy respect.   if i get a request to not display, i'll end up removing it.

Um - it's not doable without a password - and as I've said on the login page, no one should be giving out their password.

i summarize most stats via an aggregator for notification and the new https only requirements in xcode.   the app won't be requesting user passwords.    i would likely have to use my own and broadcast global values without others needed to do so.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:47:41 PM

If you do, i'll look into adding a QR scanner.   looks pretty basic.
"added"

kano
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:49:20 PM

i summarize most stats via an aggregator for notification and the new https only requirements in xcode.   the app won't be requesting user passwords.    i would likely have to use my own and broadcast global values without others needed to do so.
Yes I do understand how you can get around that - however I'm really not all that happy to have accounts on the pool that have known passwords ...

vh

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:52:52 PM

Edit: also note that the API is pretty much fixed - but if you are screen scraping web pages, that will break if I change any of them and I'm not holding back web page changes to avoid breaking an app that scrapes a web page.

API has a implied contract with those of us who use it.    
Web scraping will definitely be unstable.   And more work for me, bad experience for end user.   Adding to wish list, and leaving at that until i ponder it more.

densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:54:16 PM

I hope in the future, you can support to android app too not only for iphone. Because many user who using android include me.  Grin
edonkey
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 06:34:53 PM

The worker stats works great for normal hash rate miners. But I have a pair of Compac stick miners pointing at ck's solo pool and they only show as "idle" with a hash rate of 0.

Sure the stick miners only produce about 16 GHs each, which is admittedly pathetic. But that's as fast as they go. In fact, they're overclocked Wink

I expect that lots of us (including everyone in the Compac Solo Club) are pointing low hash rate miners at the solo pool. It would be nice if that was supported in your app.

Was I helpful?   BTC: 18wQtEDmhur2xAd3oE8qgrZbpCDeuMsdQW   LTC: LbqLtkZ6wTSpwHHuv1tG4J7tHajGdH5QFB   DOGE: D9R5ySAP2DARpxuNKd7hN7ANmqFiGwB9G6
vh

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 06:48:56 PM

The worker stats works great for normal hash rate miners. But I have a pair of Compac stick miners pointing at ck's solo pool and they only show as "idle" with a hash rate of 0.

Sure the stick miners only produce about 16 GHs each, which is admittedly pathetic. But that's as fast as they go. In fact, they're overclocked Wink

I expect that lots of us (including everyone in the Compac Solo Club) are pointing low hash rate miners at the solo pool. It would be nice if that was supported in your app.

it should be displayed.   put your worker name at the end of this url string, browse it and see if there's data.

https://www.kano.is/worker.php?a=

fix it first to get data and pm me the worker address if there's a mismatch.

vh

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 06:49:33 PM

I hope in the future, you can support to android app too not only for iphone. Because many user who using android include me.  Grin

Good Job to TheJesterOne for getting that one out, and for setting the bar for the ideas for this.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg11091187#msg11091187

I've fiddled with java, but not that great at it honestly. 

vh

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 06:53:28 PM

Yes I do understand how you can get around that - however I'm really not all that happy to have accounts on the pool that have known passwords ...

i am truly shooting to keep everyone happy.  not everyone will win, but you do get priority Smiley.  will find a balance.

so after a bit of pondering i will leave data found behind passwords authentication alone.   
even though i can secure it with a point to point node and a single password guarded from the world.

my stance on screen scraping though:

i'm not against it to pick up public data so long as the site owner doesn't say go away.
screen scraping will continue to occur to pick up tidbits of neat data (aggregator/normalizer node - no change to code) from various places until the corresponding api data is available.

given that i will keep a sharp eye out for api updates as it is the better way to go.

user requests will be sorted into versions and wish-lists (todos) accordingly to not be forgotten about.

edonkey
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:46:28 PM

it should be displayed.   put your worker name at the end of this url string, browse it and see if there's data.

https://www.kano.is/worker.php?a=

fix it first to get data and pm me the worker address if there's a mismatch.

The addresses in question are on ck's solo pool, not kano's. Here's an example URL, including the address:

http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/1JiWuyX94wrCr7JhkAn7x5qNMCEef1KhqX.Jan11edonkeystick

Maybe you can't monitor addresses on the solo pool? I tried to see if there was a different config if I selected the solo pool on the main page of the app, but it seems like there's a single configuration for the app for both pools.

vh

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:13:22 PM

The addresses in question are on ck's solo pool, not kano's. Here's an example URL, including the address:

http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/1JiWuyX94wrCr7JhkAn7x5qNMCEef1KhqX.Jan11edonkeystick

Maybe you can't monitor addresses on the solo pool? I tried to see if there was a different config if I selected the solo pool on the main page of the app, but it seems like there's a single configuration for the app for both pools.

That would be correct, at this time.    Data collection for solo workers is not enabled (noted in 1st post).    Ironing out kano.is side in this first go around.   Check the post in 48 hours to see if there's any status on that.    There's a good chance there might be.

vh

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:19:26 PM

you said it right there solo pool.   second time today.  i'm half reading posts for some reason.   it's on its way.

edonkey
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:45:21 PM

you said it right there solo pool.   second time today.  i'm half reading posts for some reason.   it's on its way.

No problem. I missed the fact that solo addresses were not supported in the first post. I guess I'm also having problems reading today.

Anyway, no worries. Thanks for your continued efforts.

edonkey
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 08:18:15 PM

It's very cool to wake up in the morning and see the pool notifications on my phone's home screen from the previous night.

Just sent a small donation.

vh

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 11:08:15 PM

It's very cool to wake up in the morning and see the pool notifications on my phone's home screen from the previous night.

thanks.  

also.  you should be able to see solo worker data at this point.   there is still an anomaly floating about that i'm trying to trap but it should be healthy enough to access.   right now, solo worker address can be any syntax as long as the btc address is there address, address_worker, address.worker.   the logic will move up to the top level address and grab all related worker under the user.   as far as i can tell, there appears to be no workers without a corresponding solo users stat, and there's no immediate benefit to just see / track a single worker under the user umbrella.

edonkey
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 12:15:08 AM

thanks.  

also.  you should be able to see solo worker data at this point.   there is still an anomaly floating about that i'm trying to trap but it should be healthy enough to access.   right now, solo worker address can be any syntax as long as the btc address is there address, address_worker, address.worker.   the logic will move up to the top level address and grab all related worker under the user.   as far as i can tell, there appears to be no workers without a corresponding solo users stat, and there's no immediate benefit to just see / track a single worker under the user umbrella.

Cool! It works!

It's kind of magic that this works without an app update. I guess you aggregate the data on your own backend, or something like that.

As per your description, when I put in my worker address for the Sidehack Compac Stick pool I see all the pool members. The way that "pool" is structured is that we all use an address provided by philipma1957, with individual workers to track shares.

It's a lot to look at, but it does work. No need to limit the view to individual workers on my account.

vh

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 02:17:31 AM

thanks.  

Cool! It works!

It's kind of magic that this works without an app update. I guess you aggregate the data on your own backend, or something like that.

As per your description, when I put in my worker address for the Sidehack Compac Stick pool I see all the pool members. The way that "pool" is structured is that we all use an address provided by philipma1957, with individual workers to track shares.

It's a lot to look at, but it does work. No need to limit the view to individual workers on my account.

adjusted to go down the hierarchy but not up.   this is useful feedback.   appreciated since i don't see all the common use cases yet.   if it's not relevant i'll chime in accordingly and punt the request.

edonkey
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 06:21:34 AM

adjusted to go down the hierarchy but not up.   this is useful feedback.   appreciated since i don't see all the common use cases yet.   if it's not relevant i'll chime in accordingly and punt the request.

I re-added the worker address for my stick in the Sidehack Compac Stick pool and all I see is that stick instead of all the other members. This is a welcome improvement.

Thanks very much!

clgrissom3
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 04:54:38 PM

vh,

I just noticed that the CKPool Stats Support link on the App Store points to the Kano Bitcointalk thread...it seems to be more relevant to point it to this thread instead since this is where we talk about support for the app...Grin

Edit:  I guess my review of the app is the only one so far!

vh

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 05:30:00 PM

vh,

I just noticed that the CKPool Stats Support link on the App Store points to the Kano Bitcointalk thread...it seems to be more relevant to point it to this thread instead since this is where we talk about support for the app...Grin

Edit:  I guess my review of the app is the only one so far!

I submitted that with the app review request before starting this thread, that thread was the closest url (required) available to a support page at the time.   No sure if i can update it without another review.   I recheck to see, otherwise it will be updated with v1.2 submission.

edit: link changed and directing here.

vh

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 02:16:06 AM

hello VH, great work on this app

keep up the good work my friend, going to drop a good review after this post.

I'd like to post one feature request if possible

• multiple ckpool accounts

i run a medium sized mine and i have a few miners that are not on my main ckpool account that i'd like to monitor. only way i can do this now is to have them mining directly to a btc wallet (using a btc wallet as login) and adding them one by one to the app via direct addresses....

you could also the feature to monitor these miners as a "group" with the stats provided via the http://www.kano.is/address.php?a=1KanoiBupPiZfkwqB7rfLXAzPnoTshAVmb  link syntax....

just a couple of suggestions...

thanks again for a great app.

Zodiacus

glad you find it useful.    suggestions tacked to misc todo/wishlist.

HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 03:29:45 PM

I got no stats from my workers since late last night. Was working all good before that.

Anyone else have this issue ?

EDIT: workaround

1- Copy in memory your API Key
2- Remove your API key from the configuration section
3- Close the application
4- Restart the application
5- Re-Enter the Key
6- Working again
vh

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 05:01:53 PM

I got no stats from my workers since late last night. Was working all good before that.

Anyone else have this issue ?

EDIT: workaround

1- Copy in memory your API Key
2- Remove your API key from the configuration section
3- Close the application
4- Restart the application
5- Re-Enter the Key
6- Working again

Interesting.   Just force closing and reopening it will reinitialize all the objects and arrays, and accomplishes the same.
Might be a timing issue with a ckdb restart but i don't recall one recently.    Let's see if anyone else notices or if i can force recreate it.

vh

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 05:07:48 PM

hello again VH.

another suggestion/feature request

could you find a way to include some more stats related to the hashrate in the worker screeen... i'd be nice to have hashrate stats like hourly or daily hashrate available in the worker bars and total hash rate area. maybe we could have a way to cycle through all the available hash rates data stats touching the screen  "hashrate1m", "hashrate5m", "hashrate1hr", "hashrate1d" or "hashrate7d"

keep up the good work.

-Zodiacus

this falls under more stats please, in the misc todo already.    it will likely be there a few iterations down.

HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 05:17:35 PM

Thanks for the app VH btw, I like it !  Smiley
gt_addict

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 05:55:33 PM

Hi,

Great app for starters! Use it to keep an eye on my s3 hash rate.

I'm new to this whole api key thing so take it easy on me.

I've copied and pasted the api key from Kano.is website (my account section) and pasted it into the app but can't see anymore information apart from the current hashrate. Is this right? Or am I missing something?

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
vh

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 06:13:28 PM

Hi,

I've copied and pasted the api key from Kano.is website (my account section) and pasted it into the app but can't see anymore information apart from the current hashrate. Is this right? Or am I missing something?

The refresh rate can use some optimization.   After adding the api key the worker screen will [eventually] say Hashing @ nnn.nnGHs.
But that's about it.   Some basic worker/pool stats and a few fun event notifications right now.

vh

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 06:27:09 PM

Awesome VH, can't wait. I'll keep posting any ideas and suggestions as i get them.

keep up the good work.

I'll be happy to beta test your app if you need any more beta testers.

The more the merrier.  PM me an email address and I'll load it into apple's testflight/beta list.

gt_addict

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 06:56:12 PM

Hi,

The refresh rate can use some optimization.   After adding the api key the worker screen will [eventually] say Hashing @ nnn.nnGHs.
But that's about it.   Some basic worker/pool stats and a few fun event notifications right now.

Thanks vh. I thought I was missing a trick lol. Awesome app.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

clgrissom3
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 03:19:35 AM

Just to let you know, your notification of block 397818 popped up on my iPhone at the same instant that the message came up on my cgminer from CKPool...well done!

vh

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 06:48:00 AM

That would best case.   15 second poll of kano.is api + apple push latency.   Every so often it will line up.   Every other time it takes folks 30s to click the screen and two more minutes to log in and check the site so it feels instant.   You still have the edge on watching the console.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 09:47:10 AM

That would best case.   15 second poll of kano.is api + apple push latency.   Every so often it will line up.   Every other time it takes folks 30s to click the screen and two more minutes to log in and check the site so it feels instant.   You still have the edge on watching the console.
15s ... I can see that getting it banned shortly ... I've implemented limits in CKDB for failure events and activity events.
That was around where I was gonna limit it per hour.
There's no useful information gained by polling the site more than about once a minute.

This will also cause even more problems if you are logging in to a single account with everyone running the app ... since that will hit the account ... lots ...

If someone needs to poll the site 5760 times a day they need to find something better to do with their time ...

Even with identifying idle workers, you can't do that more than once every 30s

A worker is expected, to average, 3 shares a day of 13.33s or more.

Shares are avg 18SPM, so 1 share is avg 1.333s
a 1000% CDF is:
Code:
0.99995460007024  1000.000%  1 in 22026.5
i.e. expect to average one in 22026.5 shares to be 10x1.333s = 13.33s
and 22026.5 shares is expected to average 8.16 hours at average 13.33s per share

FYI there's already more than 400k hits a day ...

vh

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 02:01:11 PM

15s ... I can see that getting it banned shortly ... I've implemented limits in CKDB for failure events and activity events.
That was around where I was gonna limit it per hour.
There's no useful information gained by polling the site more than about once a minute.

This will also cause even more problems if you are logging in to a single account with everyone running the app ... since that will hit the account ... lots ...

If someone needs to poll the site 5760 times a day they need to find something better to do with their time ...

Even with identifying idle workers, you can't do that more than once every 30s

A worker is expected, to average, 3 shares a day of 13.33s or more.

Shares are avg 18SPM, so 1 share is avg 1.333s
a 1000% CDF is:
Code:
0.99995460007024  1000.000%  1 in 22026.5
i.e. expect to average one in 22026.5 shares to be 10x1.333s = 13.33s
and 22026.5 shares is expected to average 8.16 hours at average 13.33s per share

FYI there's already more than 400k hits a day ...

Felt like I was about to bump that limit soon.   I will slow it down.    

I did notice that 30 second worker change frequency and don't pull more frequently than 30s per worker.

The data is normalized through a summary node on my end to make data from kano.is look like data from solo.ckpool.

This also allows for notifications, and controls hits to your system at a known rate.   And if the downstream changes (new pool, new data, changed data structure), I don't need to wait for apple review to make adjustments.

aggregation node thread:

1 pool thread - Every 15 second, watches for block found changes.  collect pool related information
3 thread poll user status - pulls data per user if user's stamp is older than 30 seconds.  which is the minimum useful limit you noted.
(misc thread to watch status file, blockchain payout, etc)

The pool thread triggers the pool block push notification
The user thread triggers user push notifications

Every running app hits was suppose to hit the aggregation node a bit harder as it acts as the relay, and broadcast one-to-many for the 15s poll.

The user notification part has been bothering me too.  I would like not to scrap earlier notification but if it causes stress or ban, that's no good.

The target hits to kano.is:

240x times per hour for pool block change thread.
120x times per hour per app install for user thread.

Here's a few strays that are causing the numbers to be higher, and what i'm doing to address those.

If someone adds in 20 worker addresses and don't use an account.    I did not expect a lot of those, but it is there.
   - solo.ckpool does a worker list in the user view.   i can adjust this the same to save lots of hits should the parent user view eventually show workers.

User Typos.  
   - looking to apply retry suppression.   there's no stamp to baseline off.   need to better distinguish it from no api data, zero api data during restarts.

Also playing with an out of band block change notification.

The 15s/30s can be tuned as required immediately.

vh

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 02:39:23 PM

Added some metrics.   The app (overall) is triggering 950 api calls every 5 minutes.

I will bump it to 15s/300s shortly (incrementally by EOD), and drop it down to 45s when the application is awake.

That should drop it down significantly and still provide the functions.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 09:15:47 PM

I'll let you know when I activate the change on the live pool (today or tomorrow)
We can then see if anything needs adjusting in ckdb.
Also note I have whitelists so e.g. if you are polling the site a bit more from your data source I can set that as ignored.
But of course if everyone is doing that with the app, there can't (and of course wont) be a whitelist for 'everyone' Smiley

Edit: also, you may have noticed, but by design the hash rate stats only change once per minute.

vh

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 09:40:09 PM

I'll let you know when I activate the change on the live pool (today or tomorrow)
We can then see if anything needs adjusting in ckdb.
Also note I have whitelists so e.g. if you are polling the site a bit more from your data source I can set that as ignored.
But of course if everyone is doing that with the app, there can't (and of course wont) be a whitelist for 'everyone' Smiley

I'll pm you that offline, i'll end up over the hourly limit at some point if not already.

With the adjustments 15s/300s(45s active), It's dropped from 950 to 140 api calls over a 5 minute period with no impact on user experience.
That will ease up some activity to your server.

I also found the block message i'm hunting for so i may be able to adjust to 60s/300s(45s) shortly with a little tweak that will get near event driven block -> push notification, backup using block num change in polling.
 {"params":["Block 397940 solved by d00d.PK217 @ ckpool!"] ..

kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:15:38 AM

With 1.2, on an iPad mini, when I tap the middle to hide the top right, bottom left stats, it puts a 'blank' box there and obscures part of the time at the top (right) and the marquee at the bottom (left)

vh

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:26:49 AM

With 1.2, on an iPad mini, when I tap the middle to hide the top right, bottom left stats, it puts a 'blank' box there and obscures part of the time at the top (right) and the marquee at the bottom (left)

thanks for the quick update.   sounds like my height adjustment offset is off for the iPad mini.   changing a simple on/off visibility was oddly trickier than it sounds.  will add a quick iPad simulator run and see if i can correct that.  

vh

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:34:23 AM

layering issue.   fixed in the code for the next build.   now that i see the ipad version, i'll tag scaling to the misc todo section.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:05:58 AM

I keep getting an alert every so often, that I can only guess is a worker related alert (but there's no text anywhere saying what the alert is)
How can I disable this? I only want block alerts (and payout alerts if I must)

I have a bunch of tiny miners that talk to the nodes, I don't care what their hash rate is.

vh

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:38:14 PM

Idle count change alert, it changes the app icon number to match your idle worker count.    Adjusting the badges to send without sound (no dings or buzz).   

vh

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:44:14 PM

I keep getting an alert every so often, that I can only guess is a worker related alert (but there's no text anywhere saying what the alert is)
How can I disable this? I only want block alerts (and payout alerts if I must)

I have a bunch of tiny miners that talk to the nodes, I don't care what their hash rate is.

Those extra buzzing/sounds without text should be gone now.       

vh

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:00:43 PM

Bumping up the configuration toggle switches from the todo section to v1.3.

gt_addict

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 12:29:34 PM

Nice little update on the app. I've got a red notification bubble on the app icon but clicked everything I can on the three pages.

vh

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:16:45 PM

Nice little update on the app. I've got a red notification bubble on the app icon but clicked everything I can on the three pages.

The number represents the count of idle workers seen.   It will clear out when idle workers clear out.   Added to FAQ section.
If it doesn't match, possible bug.

gt_addict

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:17:39 PM

That's great cheers.

gt_addict

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:08:29 PM

Just letting you know that im not picking up my miner on the app. Pool stats seem ok but my miner isn't listed.

Thanks.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:42:42 PM

Oh questions I forgot to ask before:
What are the colours (yellow, white, green) on the workers screen and what does it mean tapping on the different workers?
Seems to affect sorting but I couldn't guess what it was doing from what was happening on the screen.
I guess the colours may have to do with monitoring but can't really tell.

Also, I set the main screen (which is all I ever look at) to Top Left: Shares, Top Right: Errors, Bottom Left: Users, Bottom Right: Workers.
Seems it forgets that and comes back with varying layouts sometimes when I start it.
Tapping the middle to hide/show the top right and bottom left also shows random settings in them.

(also I can't for the life of me work out how to find the readme details on the app store at the moment Tongue)

Edit: oh also, "Errors" should say "Invalid"

vh

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 05:15:09 AM

Just letting you know that im not picking up my miner on the app. Pool stats seem ok but my miner isn't listed.

Thanks.

Should be okay now, better fix in the works.

vh

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 05:31:33 AM

What are the colours (yellow, white, green) on the workers screen and what does it mean tapping on the different workers?
text yellow = sort applied ascending
text green = sort applied descending

edit: applied to the item colored.   sorted by worker name or by hashrate (when the text is tapped).

Also, I set the main screen (which is all I ever look at) to Top Left: Shares, Top Right: Errors, Bottom Left: Users, Bottom Right: Workers.
Seems it forgets that and comes back with varying layouts sometimes when I start it.
Tapping the middle to hide/show the top right and bottom left also shows random settings in them.
The stats are released from the hidden bubbles so the can be cycle through on the remaining two, that leaves it to pick up the next two stats on appear, not entirely random.
Once I move this into the configuration section instead of tapping, it will not be as noticeable.
That aside, looks like I skipped the save step on app close.  
Rearranged defaults until I can get the saving part squared away.

(also I can't for the life of me work out how to find the readme details on the app store at the moment)
the what? it probably doesn't exist.

Edit: oh also, "Errors" should say "Invalid"
Label adjusted.

gt_addict

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:39:56 PM

Does the app list miners that are mining on the solo pool? As I pointed mine to it this morning and it's been hashing away according to the app but now it's stopped.

vh

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:04:07 PM

Does the app list miners that are mining on the solo pool? As I pointed mine to it this morning and it's been hashing away according to the app but now it's stopped.

Copy and paste your solo bitcoin address into the direct address area and it should pick it up.

gt_addict

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:33:49 PM

Pasted my btc address into the direct addresses and nothing Sad

edonkey
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:00:25 PM

Would you consider adding more control over the notification sounds?

It would be great to be able to have a different, user selectable sound for blocks found verses payout events.

It would also be nice to be able to control which notifications have sound and which do not. Currently all you can to is disable all notification sounds.

vh

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:41:14 PM

You might have something now.   If you don't PM me the address you are using.

vh

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:48:09 PM

It would be great to be able to have a different, user selectable sound for blocks found verses payout events.

It would also be nice to be able to control which notifications have sound and which do not. Currently all you can to is disable all notification sounds.

Yes.   Actively working on it.   Shooting to get that into this next version and ideally out way before the pool hits 10 blocks a daily with 10 payouts as it will quickly become a bit tiresome instead of useful for some (esp those not interested).

edit: I've already demoted the payout notification to not have sound - 2/13.    Will make it configurable though with defaults.

gt_addict

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:18:54 PM

You might have something now.   If you don't PM me the address you are using.

Yep got it now. Thanks for sorting it.

edonkey
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:18:19 AM

Yes.   Actively working on it.   Shooting to get that into this next version and ideally out way before the pool hits 10 blocks a daily with 10 payouts as it will quickly become a bit tiresome instead of useful for some (esp those not interested).

edit: I've already demoted the payout notification to not have sound - 2/13.    Will make it configurable though with defaults.

Cool! Thanks for your hard work!

leowonderful

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 12:42:11 AM

Great app. I'm currently using this to monitor one s3 and it's very interactive. If there was this app on android I would probably download it on my other phone as well, but since there isn't i'll have to stick with my little iphone 6 Smiley
BTW great job, we need more people like you in this world.

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                              
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
██████████▀   ▀██████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:06:07 AM

That last block confirmed both of our last 2 payouts 399279 and 399289
Seems the app doesn't handle that yet and shows 399279 as the last one paid.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:23:27 AM

Great app. I'm currently using this to monitor one s3 and it's very interactive. If there was this app on android I would probably download it on my other phone as well, but since there isn't i'll have to stick with my little iphone 6 Smiley
Donate to him to support his development Smiley

vh

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 06:22:48 AM

That last block confirmed both of our last 2 payouts 399279 and 399289
Seems the app doesn't handle that yet and shows 399279 as the last one paid.

fixed.   maybe.   will confirm the next time around.

vh

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:04:29 AM

new block detection and notification (beta testing) looks good so far.   
releasing with careful supervision. 

beta tester will see one less notification, other users will see new format.

blindminer

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 01:33:57 AM

I didn't receive last 4 blocks notification! this from mine or everyone ?
Thanks for nice app.this is really handy!

Sorry for English.
HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:03:04 AM

Same here, I think the notifications are down.

Keep up the good work, we like it !
vh

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:43:01 AM

well that coincides with my last change.   
got some other reports that it's intermittent, though it should be identical outside a string length change.   
log shows messages making their way to the apn handoff.
rolled-back last modification until i can trace why apple is not delivering those.

vh

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:04:19 PM

Notification is hosed.   Current library i'm using doesn't handle growth well.  Please excuse the extra noise or lack of while i sort it out.

cameloid

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 08:26:02 PM

The app keeps saying that I have "No Internet Access" (which I actually do have, of course). I entered correct user name and API key, but with no effect.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.2.1
HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 08:58:52 PM

The app keeps saying that I have "No Internet Access" (which I actually do have, of course). I entered correct user name and API key, but with no effect.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.2.1

I think the application is down at the moment. My last refresh was around 9 am this morning. (Us Eastern time)
vh

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 06:34:03 AM

notification was just starting to look better too.   thought i could look away for a moment and bam.   should be okay now.   force close out the app and open it again.   just in case.  my failover logic didn't kick in correctly.

HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 03:27:59 AM

notification was just starting to look better too.   thought i could look away for a moment and bam.   should be okay now.   force close out the app and open it again.   just in case.  my failover logic didn't kick in correctly.

Yeah, the notifications are awesome !
clgrissom3
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 03:25:58 PM

I created a second account on kano to keep my rental activity separate from my real iron...is there a way I can pull in the new account workers into my CKPool app with my others?

vh

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:40:01 PM

I created a second account on kano to keep my rental activity separate from my real iron...is there a way I can pull in the new account workers into my CKPool app with my others?

not yet.   lower on the todo queue, but in on todo.

clgrissom3
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 11:38:31 PM

not yet.   lower on the todo queue, but in on todo.

Fair enough...just checking  Cool

kano
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 10:21:55 AM

Hi vh,
could you change the "Payout 4nnnnn sent" notification to say something like:

Payout 4nnnnn confirmed
 or
Payout 4nnnnn 1st confirm

It's not actually the sent time, I send it before that of course, it's seems your identification of it is indeed when it first gets into a block, i.e. the 1st confirm.

vh

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 01:32:43 AM

Hi vh,
could you change the "Payout 4nnnnn sent" notification to say something like:

Payout 4nnnnn confirmed
 or
Payout 4nnnnn 1st confirm

It's not actually the sent time, I send it before that of course, it's seems your identification of it is indeed when it first gets into a block, i.e. the 1st confirm.

changed to the latter syntax.

rkinnin

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:22:40 PM

my iPad App, which runs on a iPad 2 with IOS 9.3.1, is not showing my miners any longer.  This started happening a day or so ago.  It worked great for a month or so.  Over on the Kano postings I see others are reporting similar results.  Thoughts?
vh

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 12:58:34 AM

my iPad App, which runs on a iPad 2 with IOS 9.3.1, is not showing my miners any longer.  This started happening a day or so ago.  It worked great for a month or so.  Over on the Kano postings I see others are reporting similar results.  Thoughts?

Looking into.

vh

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:24:05 PM

one more previously never seen condition handled.   was watching for a bit to be sure, but okay again at this point.

rkinnin

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 02:44:52 PM

one more previously never seen condition handled.   was watching for a bit to be sure, but okay again at this point.

working for me fine now....thanks.

the App "Badge" says 13 now.   What does 13 mean?
LASERminer

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 05:03:50 PM

App works fine for me since installed (last Monday) updating miners and hashrate within seconds while I'm making adjustments and on/off miners this week.
Just saying...
vh

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:49:53 AM

working for me fine now....thanks.

the App "Badge" says 13 now.   What does 13 mean?

the number shows the count of idle workers.

sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 1288

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 08:45:03 PM

Any reason why my app is continuously showing a (1), as a push-message is waiting...

Opened, read it (one miner trending down), reset miner (hashing ok now), even uninstalled ad reinstalled the app.

Still showing (1)...   Huh

3P7ZMDpeuoGt1zEW9vh86AkUew7THbEv58
rkinnin

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:23:30 AM

is there any way to set the App Store to so that I can use it on my iPhone 4 which runs IOS 7 [its limit]?
vh

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:10:49 AM

Any reason why my app is continuously showing a (1), as a push-message is waiting...

Opened, read it (one miner trending down), reset miner (hashing ok now), even uninstalled ad reinstalled the app.

the number shows the count of idle workers.  it won't go away as long as you have idle workers.   if you don't have idle workers, pm me your username and i can check on it.

vh

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:14:19 AM

is there any way to set the App Store to so that I can use it on my iPhone 4 which runs IOS 7 [its limit]?

not quickly.   backwards support for iphone 4 is in the build i'm currently working on.   but probably two more weeks out before this iteration starts the app store review process.     

sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 1288

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 07:28:46 AM

the number shows the count of idle workers.  it won't go away as long as you have idle workers.   if you don't have idle workers, pm me your username and i can check on it.

I don't know what you did (after I PMed you), but it worked! Notification (1) is gone, yeah!!!  Cheesy

Thanks and keep up the good work!

3P7ZMDpeuoGt1zEW9vh86AkUew7THbEv58
lim_1

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 05:48:17 PM

I made an app for android. Same name different app. Try it out!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1539024.msg15473691#msg15473691

babycicak

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 12:00:59 AM

hi vh, this apps is very great apps! i been using it few months ago.
Lately, after i upgrade the iOS to 9.3.5, this cause me cant see any working worker in apps, empty. All my worker is alive at ckpool web.

Can you guide me how to reset? i have been re-install and restart my iphone, it's still no luck.

Please guide. Thank you.

I have PMed my id to you.
vh

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 02:38:29 AM

Looks like my last mod to work with nil return values created an unwanted side affect during some api key changes.
Working in a temp solution for now while I work in a better fix.   

If problem is still occurring, continue via PM, i might need to ask for a bit more detail to verify.

gt_addict

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 09:13:54 PM

Anyone else having problems with workers not showing on the app? Ive downloaded the app again and generated a new api key but still no workers are showing up.

daemondazz

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 09:22:56 PM

Anyone else having problems with workers not showing on the app? Ive downloaded the app again and generated a new api key but still no workers are showing up.

Yes, same thing is happening on mine, I thought it was just my crappy network coverage.

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
gt_addict

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 09:24:17 PM

Yes, same thing is happening on mine, I thought it was just my crappy network coverage.

Phew! I thought it was just me and my crappy signal too  Cheesy

vh

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 01:54:54 AM

I poked something and might have woken it up now.   

binarygold

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 06:25:38 AM

just loaded the app.  i mistyped a direct address.  can't seem to edit/remove it.  what am i missing?

thanks
vh

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 02:22:37 PM

just loaded the app.  i mistyped a direct address.  can't seem to edit/remove it.  what am i missing?

thanks

Swipe the added item to the left to get the option to delete typos.
Review the original post for other usage notes.

clgrissom3
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 01:37:11 AM

The CKPool App seems to be stuck on a worker snapshot from 24 hours ago and I can't seem to get it to refresh.  I had 5 miners to go down in a partial network outage last night and the app picked up on that right away.  After they came back online the same 5 have been showing down in the app since (and the hash rate stayed the same as last night).  Is there a way to kick-start the data stream? Smiley

vh

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 01:50:25 AM

Watchdog scripts needs a little tuning; kick-started.   Let me know it's not back online in a few minutes.

edit:
Tuned.  I should be auto alerted the next time this specific event occurs (though it should auto correct).   

clgrissom3
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 02:31:08 AM

Wow, that was fast vh!  Thanks!

oh337

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 04:40:44 AM

Today I noticed under "configuration" - "information" - "problems detected:" - "no internet access", both when using wifi and while on my AT&T LTE.  I love the app. Just noticed it quit working for me today.
Make-A-Buck

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 05:58:24 AM

Today I noticed under "configuration" - "information" - "problems detected:" - "no internet access", both when using wifi and while on my AT&T LTE.  I love the app. Just noticed it quit working for me today.
I use the 'CKPool Status' app on my Android Powered Galaxy phone.
The app has been working rock solid for me since I installed it over 2 weeks ago.
As of this writing it is still working fine.

Technology a useful servant but a dangerous master
vh

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 08:43:48 AM

Looking into.   A first glance an ssl certificate lapsed today, but righting that doesn't clear up the issue.   

vh

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 10:10:08 AM

So an intermediate certificate in the replacement ssl cert chain was using sha1 instead of sha2.   Huh
Apple apps doesn't like that apparently.   Changed certificate provider, and all is well again.   

Good 'ol 1 year mark.

oh337

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:28:06 PM

So an intermediate certificate in the replacement ssl cert chain was using sha1 instead of sha2.   Huh
Apple apps doesn't like that apparently.   Changed certificate provider, and all is well again.   

Good 'ol 1 year mark.

Thank you vh! Working great again. Grin My favorite app on my phone
CarlosVR2

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:30:43 AM

Hello!

I have been using the CKPool Stats app for quite a while, with good results. I specially like the push notifications when a block is found or a payout is sent.  Grin BTC

However, since a couple of months ago the push notifications are not working. If I open the app all data is there, but no notification is received.

I tried uninstalling and installing again the app, and also I tried changing my API key, but it didn't make a difference.  Sad

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
vh

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:28:12 AM

Thanks for the report on the issue.   I'll take a look into it shortly.   

WarrEagle

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:02:30 PM

Phew! I thought it was just me and my crappy signal too  Cheesy
I was thinking the same thing and had to check in here.

DELETED
vh

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:55:54 PM

I have a bit more work to do to get the detailed block notification back in working order.
Basic block and payment notification is repaired and should be working.   

kano
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:48:01 AM

Sent another (high score) donation Smiley

Hey people! Send him a donation if you use it!
Last block we found (25mins ago) the message came through pretty quickly Smiley

vh

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:10:51 AM

Sent another (high score) donation Smiley

Hey people! Send him a donation if you use it!

Thanks kano.  Grin

CarlosVR2

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:06:03 PM

Thanks a lot vh, notifications are working once again! It's great to have them back.  Cheesy

I just sent a donation, it was long overdue!  Grin BTC
vh

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:38:41 AM

You're most welcome.   Much appreciated on the donation, it goes a long way in keeping the misc parts renewed and rolling.  Thanks!

clgrissom3
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:49:14 PM

vh, it's been a while since I sent you a tip so I just popped off a little BTC goodness your way Grin

vh

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 11:18:37 PM

vh, it's been a while since I sent you a tip so I just popped off a little BTC goodness your way Grin

thank you.  Cool

Norm49

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:18:19 PM

Anyone else having issues with the CKPool iPhone app?  Seems the last few days (noticed it for sure yesterday) that the Hashing screen listing my miners seems to be stuck and not updating (I currently have 1 down that is showing as mining, not listed under Idle).  Any suggestions?
vh

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:26:04 PM

I'll take a look at it in a moment.

vh

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:50:44 PM

Nothing seems out of place.   Keep track of the total hash at the top.

If the total hash at the top changes even slightly, then data is updating.

If the miner is showing a hashing number and the number is changing (after a few minutes) then that is what is collected via the api.

You can cross reference by visiting:
https://www.kano.is/index.php?k=api&username={username}&api={apikey}&json=y&work=y

There is a possibility that the device is bouncing and it may show up when idle because there is some avg involved.
But if it's completely off-line for a long period, there's no reason for it to hang around in the hashing screen.

Norm49

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:26:41 PM

Hashing has been stuck at 87.51.  The link to the API shows the current data, correct machine showing at 0.  I've tried:
1.  Restarting phone...still showed hash at 87.51.
2.  Changing API...still showed hash at 87.51.
3.  Restart phone again, still showed has at 87.51.
4.  Delete CKPool app from phone, restart phone.
5.  Download app from store, put in username and api key.  Now it shows 0 hash and no workers.
vh

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:38:41 PM

Press done on the popup keyboard after typing in your username.   It probably didn't save.

edit: (case sensitive username sometimes causes no data too).

Norm49

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:01:04 PM

The Done did it!  Now it's matching up correctly. 

Thanks for the help!
Hui8

Activity: 420
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:20:32 AM

I have seen post related to Kano and the apps written by them are just similar to this one. Both of them are same I assume?

So this release have got almost everything covered that one miner would want. I was thinking there should have been one more window in this app which will give the status of miners. For example, temp, active or inactive etc. Is there any thought from you guys.

miguelmorales85

Activity: 547
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:34:57 AM

Excellent work! I am just testing it and my only question is about the colored bars showing each worker current hash.
Does the colors means something or not?

vh

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:07:35 PM

Excellent work! I am just testing it and my only question is about the colored bars showing each worker current hash.
Does the colors means something or not?

Each vertical bar is 5% of a rolling 24hr high watermark.    
So if the miner is performing less than 30% of what it usually does, then there will be no green..

miguelmorales85

Activity: 547
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:06:50 AM

Hello, I think I have found a bug in the app.

I am using the last iOS (11) on a iPhone 6S. Service provider is Vodafone 4G.

If I open the app using 4G network the app doesnt detect internet conection, it only works with WiFi.

Fell free to contact me if you have any question.
Maus44

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:59:06 PM

hello, the app is not working properly. There is no data on any screen.

Try Kano Pool  (https://kano.is/)
vh

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:21:59 PM

Tidying up after some hosted hardware failures.    Should return to normal shortly.   

Par Avion

Activity: 86
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:20:41 AM

Tidying up after some hosted hardware failures.    Should return to normal shortly.   

Please let us know when its 100% again, new user here trying to figure out why it wasnt syncing to my miner. cheers
vh

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:27:04 PM

Please let us know when its 100% again, new user here trying to figure out why it wasnt syncing to my miner. cheers

I think I've recovered all the needed pieces now.    Individual checks looks good, everything should be back to how it was before.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [All]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.