Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:39:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you know Bitcoin will tank tomorrow, which altcoin would you jump to?  (Read 1971 times)
davien

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 10:13:09 AM

I like the looks of NXT and DASH, myself.

Any reason why, or just talking your books / advertising?

You need to know why bitcoin would tank and pick the altcoin that does not have that particular issue. Bitcoin's possible achilles heel is fungability, but that would not cause the price to tank from the one day to the other (and I would definitely not run into the arms of the Dash instamine scam).
What do you think about NXT? It's now a long living coin, which had better days. I remember when the price was at 7k sat.

e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 10:30:25 AM

What do you think about NXT? It's now a long living coin, which had better days. I remember when the price was at 7k sat.

NXT isn't so much a coin, more like an Asset Exchange for hillarious stuff. 0.00002329 just reflects that. The biggest trade volume for NXT takes place at BTC38 for NXT/CNY so even the Chinese want to get out their money from NXT (if the Chinese are pumping a coin the graphs are looking distinctively different, and take place in a NXT/BTC market instead)

The right decision would be some of the top coins by marketcap like Ethereum and Ripple. There is some future reflected in their technology, where Bitcoin presents more like a past history. (pointing at the thread toppic, "If you know Bitcoin will tank tomorrow")
LTC is way to much just like Bitcoin (if BTC tanks, LTC will tank, too) and the top 5 following is DOGE which wasn't even meant to be durable at all, by emission rate allone.

Everything below does not even present 0.5% of Bitcoin's market weight so not worth looking at. The grave danger of picking up an URO coin.
K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 02:31:19 PM

i would diversify between litecoin, peercoin and dogecoin
davien

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 03:34:04 PM

NXT isn't so much a coin, more like an Asset Exchange for hillarious stuff. 0.00002329 just reflects that. The biggest trade volume for NXT takes place at BTC38 for NXT/CNY so even the Chinese want to get out their money from NXT (if the Chinese are pumping a coin the graphs are looking distinctively different, and take place in a NXT/BTC market instead)

Everything below does not even present 0.5% of Bitcoin's market weight so not worth looking at. The grave danger of picking up an URO coin.
i remember that in 2014 NXT assets had just huge marketcap, with high trading volume. Since then no succesfull assett was released. I don't know why

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 04:01:18 PM

They'd all be fucked. Bitcoin is the teet and all the rest are fighting for a suckle.
Richard1972x

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 04:12:00 PM

i remember that in 2014 NXT assets had just huge marketcap, with high trading volume. Since then no succesfull assett was released. I don't know why

This is somehow true. Most of the Assets James brought out, got a lot of Nxt, but at the very end most of them are still in development without groundbreaking news in the meantime. He also created to many different projects instead in concentrating at one and finish it

virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 04:22:26 PM

If BTC would tank tomorrow all altcoins will tank with it. Everyone wants BTC in the end when they cash out. But BTC won't tank and there is no coin to replace it anyway.

1 BTC = 1 BTC
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 04:39:49 PM

I like the looks of NXT and DASH, myself.

i like how DMD 's market history and future looks like.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 06:03:34 PM

I'd go for fiat Smiley. If BTC tanking all altcoins used to follow suit. Until all alts are practically pegged to BTC none would be useful as a safe heaven.
sadface

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 06:48:03 PM

i would move into something that doesn't share btcs reason for tanking. possible candidates: fiat, eth, nxt
davien

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 07:16:49 PM

I'd go for fiat Smiley. If BTC tanking all altcoins used to follow suit. Until all alts are practically pegged to BTC none would be useful as a safe heaven.
There are some old, reputated coins which doesn't depend on BTC imo

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 05:31:39 PM

nah, i think there are some altcoins that are not that much dependent on bitcoin price, so they are going to stay as they are now.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 05:41:06 PM

if i BTC really is worthless, then it is too late to jump to an other coin that is connected /traded with bitcoin.

you have to do this before the crash.
davien

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 06:44:28 PM

This is somehow true. Most of the Assets James brought out, got a lot of Nxt, but at the very end most of them are still in development without groundbreaking news in the meantime. He also created to many different projects instead in concentrating at one and finish it
Probably he wanted just to make some fast NXTs

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: