Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:21:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks for support connecting here through Tor anonymity network  (Read 619 times)
tjohej (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Magic Staff

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 09:07:34 PM

I want to say thanks for your support of letting people connect here through the Tor anonymity network.
I believe that means that you value anonymity not just for the sake of anonymity but that it really helps people who may be repressed or outcasts.

That includes both men and women whose opinions may be questioned by their peer groups, and at sites it has occured that some people have stalked other people.

Why is this important? Take the linux community for example, there's some stalking there done by some extremists who do not agree like about gender equality so they go like stalk, death threat and stuff against the other sex. Sex-stalking etc is usually more prevalent in high technologies. Now Bitcoin which is a very advanced technology, I think we must really balance the community, we must not only accept men, or only techpeople here. We must be open to everyone. I don't mean just women, just as well men who are considered weird by their male peers I also include in that category. I may just as well include myself in that category.

One extra thing which I think is important to mention: Men who are against abuse against women or against sexism, doesn't mean they are feminists but they are rejected by other men. The charge for being rejected from their male group may be that they think like women. If you have feelings more than the average guy(man) it doesn't mean you are a "woman on the inside".
Now on the woman side, if you are a woman gamer you may just as well be rejected by your female peers, being labeled as geek. So in this both these men and women we are in the same boat, since we experience this shit, we feel we want more equality, and because if we express that in the open(Think like Tor being like when you leave your house, you don't leave the door open, right? So with Tor you close your door, but without it it's like it's open, anybody can peek inside if they so wanted) we may get stalked by fools who don't wanna discuss, they just wanna reject and hunt because they are blind and prefer to be.

That's why I thank you for supporting Tor. It allows people to keep their privacy.

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tjohej (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Magic Staff

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 09:43:15 PM

That I want equality doesn't mean I'm for one gender. I just want a balance like many others of my peers.

LadyBytes I think does a great job, I've watched her video. You'll find extreme genderists to be against such stuff and call it sexism and stuff but to me that is just extremism. The woman body is well...more attractive than the body of a man for obvious reasons. That's my opinion and you can dispute it but I doubt even women will disagree.

This doesn't mean I want what LadyBytes does. I wish her luck in what she is doing, I'm more interested if other women who are about to learn about BTC have some role model they can take example from.
From ladybytes I think they already have a role model. Good job LadyBytes!

We men have Gavin, we've seen him. We have Amir...we have really lots too many to mention I think. Role models in the linux community? Again we men have Linus Torvalds of course! There are women too in linux community since it's a pretty fucking huge community. I just take Nixie Pixel(sorry maybe misspellt). I don't know if she even has an opinion on Bitcoin or if she's interested in cryptography. Though taking her as example in the linux community I wouldn't really, we have some high profile women who do work in the linux kernel so there is some activity there. Bitcoin though? I don't even know somebody except LadyBytes who have been pretty public here. Any women blogs on Bitcoin?? Speakers??

In Bitcoin though I don't know. Anybody know? I see this project not accelerating as much as it could if I(I'll blame myself before I blame others) don't do anything. I might just as well start contacting some ppl I think may be interested(just asking for opinion, not trying to "convert" and stuff. I just wanna know what they think, and help with questions they may have). Enough talking...

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: