Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:13:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [IDEA] Create a reputation system in this forum.  (Read 897 times)
mrvision (OP)

Activity: 527
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 01:51:36 PM

The reputation system would go as follows:

• Only users with 200+ posts would be able to add  positive or negative votes to others users reputation. (I wouldn't be able xD)
  • You only have one vote for each user.
  • You can change your vote.
  • To access the votation panel for a user, you press a button and a bitcoin address is generated so you have to send 0.005 btc to the forum in order to unlock the panel and see a thumb up and a thumb down
  • That bitcoin address is forever stored, so if you decide not to unlock that user's panel in that moment, and you press the button the next day, it would show the same address (that way, if you don't have enough bitcoins you can ask the seller to unlock his panel for you)
  • buying reputation would be dangerous, as you're unlocking your panel to someone that may vote you +1 now, and later -1,  aditionally a moderator could penalize you
  • Reputation can be seen by everybody
  • Reputation shows amount of votes and percent positive/percent negative (and maybe a tag like: powerseller)

What do you think about this?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shep

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 04:46:57 PM

The reputation system would go as follows:

• Only users with 200+ posts would be able to add  positive or negative votes to others users reputation. (I wouldn't be able xD)
  • You only have one vote for each user.
  • You can change your vote.
  • To access the votation panel for a user, you press a button and a bitcoin address is generated so you have to send 0.005 btc to the forum in order to unlock the panel and see a thumb up and a thumb down
  • That bitcoin address is forever stored, so if you decide not to unlock that user's panel in that moment, and you press the button the next day, it would show the same address (that way, if you don't have enough bitcoins you can ask the seller to unlock his panel for you)
  • buying reputation would be dangerous, as you're unlocking your panel to someone that may vote you +1 now, and later -1,  aditionally a moderator could penalize you
  • Reputation can be seen by everybody
  • Reputation shows amount of votes and percent positive/percent negative (and maybe a tag like: powerseller)

What do you think about this?

One issue I might point out, is that certain posters can quickly circumvent your system in the marketplace forum by bumping threads or otherwise spamming their wares.  There are a number of sellers that bump several threads a day. In addition, I think as we've seen over the past 24 hours, Gabriel Seletchi ("torac") has amassed quite a few posts spamming the forum.  If this reputation system is to be effective mods would have to subtract posts resulting from bumps or spamming.

mrvision (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 05:02:54 PM

One issue I might point out, is that certain posters can quickly circumvent your system in the marketplace forum by bumping threads or otherwise spamming their wares.  There are a number of sellers that bump several threads a day. In addition, I think as we've seen over the past 24 hours, Gabriel Seletchi ("torac") has amassed quite a few posts spamming the forum.  If this reputation system is to be effective mods would have to subtract posts resulting from bumps or spamming.

I don't see how this would be helpful for them to gain reputation.

The control panel would appear just below my nickname on the left of every post in every thread. If you rated me once, then it would be shown to you (everytime below my nick) as "already rated" and the possibility of changing your opinion. The fact is i can only collect 1 vote from each user (with 200+ posts), and this vote can be possitive or negative.

I choose to lock this panel until you send 0.005 bitcoins just to prevent arbitrary ratings (and so the forum gets donations).

So even if i spam, you would only have the hability to rate me once.  (even more, it would be better if i do not annoy you)

P.S. Maybe i didn't understand what you were saying correctly... english is not my mother tonge :S
Darktongue

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 03:31:25 AM

I think a rep system is a decent idea. However a tumbling vortex of.emotions can cause havoc abroad. I'd say base it on post quality. vote post by post. Also how many users ignore a user could influence the.over all quality of the user. a small transaction based.feedback system on the user.profile could also help.build credit or shun...
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 03:38:59 AM

I've been on boards with such a rep system.

It leads to the building of cliques. Not saying it is a bad thing in general but I don't think it would be beneficial for this forum.
Groups are close-knit as it is and such a system could increase the hostility between them.
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 03:58:01 AM

Problem with a rep system, pirateat40 would have had very high rep... until he didn't, after which he doesn't need it any more, so it wouldn't be... helpful

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
mrvision (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 04:39:33 AM

Problem with a rep system, pirateat40 would have had very high rep... until he didn't, after which he doesn't need it any more, so it wouldn't be... helpful

That's very true.

Even i wouldn't trust someone just for his reputation, but it helps.

Maybe we should think about a risk indicator. For example, pirateat40 had all the numbers to steal a large amount of bitcoins... maybe when the signal were there people should have asked him for more trustworthy data about himself?

Maybe then this would go like: Alice lends Bob 20 btc (his risk indicator increases 20 points) so if carol wants to lend bob another 20 btc to Bob, she may think it twice since bob's indicator says that he is gaining incentives to disappear.

Then when bob gives back his 20 btc to alice, his risk indicator decreases 20 points.

But for this, the forum would have to have a system to forward transactions from a bitcoin address to a user address (This is easy to implement using blockchain.info's api)

maybe there is a niche to create a website that does this? What do you think about the system?
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:30:28 PM

I am against rep systems, not the idea in general, but due to the difficulty to properly implement it. People should judge for themselves whether someone is reputable by reading the forums or asking others who have conducted business with the individual in question. Besides, we already have a reputation system: the Ignore button. I'm sure not everyone will agree that the intensity of the color of the button is always inversely proportional the value of a user's post - and it would be the same with the rep system.

Signature space available for rent.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 07:24:42 PM

What if individual posts could be ignored and hidden when a personalized trigger is reached ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: