Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:36:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Panera Gift cards - $100 for $6! (CHEAP)  (Read 5792 times)
Orakelz (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:44:31 PM

will you take paypal?

Yes I do. PM me.
MeeKs19

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:43:52 PM

Hey I can't PM you for a hour. I tried both codes in store and neither work. Yes the balance read correct but they both were denied.
Cans123

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:57:46 PM

I purchased five $50 codes and one of them has only $19.21 left on it.

I have sent the OP a private message but have not heard back yet. I will update when I hear from him
Orakelz (OP)

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:29:32 PM

Hey I can't PM you for a hour. I tried both codes in store and neither work. Yes the balance read correct but they both were denied.

They do work.
Just tell the cashier your gift card number..
If you're using the self-service it won't work.
If you're using the app it won't work.
By giving the cashier your card number, they'll type it into the register and process it for you..
I've told many people to do it this way and it does work, so stop posting "It didn't work".
MeeKs19

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 09:17:02 PM

They do work.
Just tell the cashier your gift card number..
If you're using the self-service it won't work.
If you're using the app it won't work.
By giving the cashier your card number, they'll type it into the register and process it for you..
I've told many people to do it this way and it does work, so stop posting "It didn't work".

We are only saying it because they aren't working for us
Kagoky

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 10:10:35 PM

I have purchased this twice now from the seller and as far ad the transaction goes, its good. Got both $50 each time with full balance. The first card I bought I used on three different occassions over a period of three days. Bought another yesterday, and tried to use in store as I did the first card. Was told that as of today, they jave automatically frozen all cards they think may be related to this and the mine so happened to be one. I had to ask for a manger who then said they would pay for the meal, but will not honor the gift card unless i had it physically. They were given the okay from their corporate not to honor any gift cards without the cards itself if they are frozen. They had frozen all cards whose zip codes do not match the last ip address that checked the balance of that card until they call customer service and provide the pin. Just a heads up in case any of you want to save yourself the embarassment.

The card showed the balance fine online, but theyll let you know its frozen online. For me, it was good while it lasted.
MeeKs19

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 10:23:38 PM

Thank you! Maybe someone believes me now lol.
MrBossMan

Activity: 107

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:24:09 AM

Panera Bread has the worst security ever. The problem with these egifts is that you can have more then 10 owners for one card. I sold a lot of panera bread eGift then I got really greedy and re sold the same codes I already sold then did it again to the codes I sold that was unused. I basically sold my whole batch 3 times just to earn as much money as possible for one code. Panera Bread is scammers galore. You sell it to one guy then turn around and sell same code to another man then another man. Panera Bread needs to up their security..maybe I lied and made up this whole story who cares?
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

Activity: 1919
Merit: 1230

AKA Ms-overzealous-condecsending-explitive-account

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:31:37 AM

I have about 30 cards remaining that I have purchased from various sellers over the last few months (and I have used up at least that many) from here, on Bitify and even Raise.com.  Yesterday they all "checked" good.  Today over 1/2 half of them are ZERO$ balance and the rest are OK however NONE of them show the initial load transaction on them as they usually do or any actual purchases.   

Not sure if I want to use them in-store or have friends or family do the same.
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:34:04 AM

Panera Bread has the worst security ever. The problem with these egifts is that you can have more then 10 owners for one card. I sold a lot of panera bread eGift then I got really greedy and re sold the same codes I already sold then did it again to the codes I sold that was unused. I basically sold my whole batch 3 times just to earn as much money as possible for one code. Panera Bread is scammers galore. You sell it to one guy then turn around and sell same code to another man then another man. Panera Bread needs to up their security..maybe I lied and made up this whole story who cares?

So you are admitting you INTENTIONALLY resold the same cards THREE TIMES in order to INTENTIONALLY scam buyers "because you were greedy."  Brilliant move (both doing it and putting it "in writing.").
MrBossMan

Activity: 107

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 04:05:27 AM

So you are admitting you INTENTIONALLY resold the same cards THREE TIMES in order to INTENTIONALLY scam buyers "because you were greedy."  Brilliant move (both doing it and putting it "in writing.").

I'm MrBossMan what do you think? If i could have it my way i would have sold one code to ten different people but we cant always get what we want right? I'm actually helping you to know what to look out for and not get scammed. Or maybe I'm justmaking tthis all up to look cool?
Kagoky

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:07:50 PM

Regardless, this has been patched. On top of the captcha, which would have been an easy by pass anyway, they now added an auto freeze security that freezes all gift cards when adding/checking balance that doesn't match the geographical origin where that card was bought with the ip addig/checking it. And in case anyone did legitimately buy the card elsewhere and checked the balance, customer service will unfreeze it as long as you have the pin. No more scammers. And no, just because you scammed people, doesn't mean other people in the same business are scamming lowlife like you bossman.
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 08:31:26 PM

Regardless, this has been patched. On top of the captcha, which would have been an easy by pass anyway, they now added an auto freeze security that freezes all gift cards when adding/checking balance that doesn't match the geographical origin where that card was bought with the ip addig/checking it. And in case anyone did legitimately buy the card elsewhere and checked the balance, customer service will unfreeze it as long as you have the pin. No more scammers. And no, just because you scammed people, doesn't mean other people in the same business are scamming lowlife like you bossman.

I have to slightly disagree with you with how Panera "fixed" their problem.  I just purchased a REAL e-gift card directly from Panera's website and had it emailed to me and there was no pin provided, just a card number so there is no way they could ask for a PIN to verify legitimacy.  None of their E-gifts ever had pins if any cards did it was only the physical cards purchased in store so that verification method would not seem to be correct.  I then checked the balance from the US and then a VPN in Europe and it is still good however it does show "PIN VERIFIED CREDIT" on their website when I look at the card.  None of the cards (either zeroed or with a balance) show any purchase method whether they have a balance on them or are ZERO other than the one I actually paid for.
Kagoky

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 10:03:17 PM

Firstly, the fix was likely applied to all gift cards purchased prior to them disabling the use of gift cards online. Secondly, your purchased gift card did not have multiple IP addresses checking its balance from different states. Neither did whatever vpn you use tried checking balance of more than one card. Nothing you did constitutes exploit that would have triggered them freezing your account. Also, they could simply ask what card, or last 4 of the card number you purchased it with to verify. Clearly, their customer service would need more than just "this card was given to me by a friend" to unfreeze any cards involved in the exploit.
jace821

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 06:53:00 PM

Now that this is dead I'm interested in how the gcs were created in the first place.
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:22:52 PM

Firstly, the fix was likely applied to all gift cards purchased prior to them disabling the use of gift cards online. Secondly, your purchased gift card did not have multiple IP addresses checking its balance from different states. Neither did whatever vpn you use tried checking balance of more than one card. Nothing you did constitutes exploit that would have triggered them freezing your account. Also, they could simply ask what card, or last 4 of the card number you purchased it with to verify. Clearly, their customer service would need more than just "this card was given to me by a friend" to unfreeze any cards involved in the exploit.
  You obviously didn't understand what I was saying but it really doesn't matter.  Bottom line ..... DOA
cookiez19

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:37:52 AM

I have not bought any card from the OP (Orakelz) but I have bought many cards from other users here on the forum. I used e-gift Panera Bread cards MANY times by using the app. They have "Rapid Pick-Up", which is when they make your food and then put it in a bag and then put it on the book shelf thing when it's ready (that's what my local Panera Bread location has). I have also used the gift cards by going up to the register and telling the man/woman that I have a e-gift card and I want to use that to pay for my food, they will say that's ok!

Also, for all you people that have said something around the lines of, "Oh, the app won't let me use the card, it must not work, I must have gotten scammed", just shut up, because you're stupid. In the Android and the iOS version of the app, it CLEARLY says,

Android app: "Gift cards temporarily unsupported. If you have any issues at all, don’t hesitate to email MobileSupport@panerabread.com."

iOS app: "What's New in Version 1.51.1: Gift cards temporarily unsupported"

Proof: http://imgur.com/a/Dvfcg

iOS screenshot is from a iPhone 6S Plus.
Android screenshot is from a LG V10.

To the OP (Orakelz), hopefully a stranger (me) has helped you out a little bit by explaining why you're cards are supposedly "not working", it's only because some people are to lazy to look up their own problems. Grin
jace821

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 03:42:21 AM

The ecards that are/were being sold are no longer working in store either.
Nowunlocking

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 03:55:56 AM

I have not bought any card from the OP (Orakelz) but I have bought many cards from other users here on the forum. I used e-gift Panera Bread cards MANY times by using the app. They have "Rapid Pick-Up", which is when they make your food and then put it in a bag and then put it on the book shelf thing when it's ready (that's what my local Panera Bread location has). I have also used the gift cards by going up to the register and telling the man/woman that I have a e-gift card and I want to use that to pay for my food, they will say that's ok!

Also, for all you people that have said something around the lines of, "Oh, the app won't let me use the card, it must not work, I must have gotten scammed", just shut up, because you're stupid. In the Android and the iOS version of the app, it CLEARLY says,

Android app: "Gift cards temporarily unsupported. If you have any issues at all, don’t hesitate to email MobileSupport@panerabread.com."

iOS app: "What's New in Version 1.51.1: Gift cards temporarily unsupported"

Proof: http://imgur.com/a/Dvfcg

iOS screenshot is from a iPhone 6S Plus.
Android screenshot is from a LG V10.

To the OP (Orakelz), hopefully a stranger (me) has helped you out a little bit by explaining why you're cards are supposedly "not working", it's only because some people are to lazy to look up their own problems. Grin

have you actually used on those cards in the last few days?
cookiez19

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:07:22 AM

not in the past few days, but I have used in the past week, used a e-gift i got from somewhere else on this forum, in store by walking in and going to the register and saying that I have a e-gift card, I would like to use it to pay for my order. It's just plain and simple.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: