Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:27:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I "Think" that I found Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 10822 times)
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 06:52:58 PM

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitlost

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 06:54:12 PM

OMG! Here we go again! When are we leaving the crew (because it's certainly not a single individual) who created the paper alone? Bitcoin is the product of community developement, not just from a single individual!

I am sure that it is a single person. I always said that to me, and if it was proved that it was a group of person, I'd have an heart attack Grin !

Calm down and think a bit. It makes much more sense that it's a group instead of a single individual. I'm with the russian, it's clear that the development of blockchain technology required multi-area expertise, and a team of individuals is the perfect image I get in my head when I think about that.
lostintranslation

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 06:56:41 PM

I just don't get all this fuzz about finding the guy who created it. What do you want with him? Worship him? Beat him up for being so smart? Leave the guy (or girl) alone, for once!
Blind Legs Parker

Activity: 2002
Merit: 721

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 06:57:51 PM

You are making assumptions where they are not ready to be made. A pokemon fan does not have to be a kid, especially in a country like Japan. Adults watch anime all the time there, including pokemon.

Also, satoshi never specifically asked not to be traced. He just disappeared and never replied any more. This can be due to many reasons, one being that he doens't want to be found, but he could also have died for instance (even though that is highly unlikely).
Still I have to disagree: few adults would watch Pokemon even in Japan, as it's definitely aimed for kids and young teenagers. I have a bunch of Japanese friends in their twenties (being myself in my twenties) and they indeed occasionally read mangas and probably watch anime (still I have to insist on the "occasionally" because Japan is a country where you'd easily get marginalized if you spend too much time on these), but I'd be surprised that they'd watch Pokemon. I can ask around if you want. I admit that I never did. But I'm pretty sure of the answer I'll get: Pokemon is for kids (and ok, nostalgic adults too, every now and then).

But I'm not pretending to hold the truth regarding the origin of the name Satoshi. I'm just going with my own assumption that if Satoshi is indeed a pseudonym, there's a possibility that it was chosen by a western pokemon fan born between 1985 and 1995. These are just my thoughts though. Don't sweat it: I have no evidence that what I'm saying is true. You could say I'm just talking out of my ass  Cheesy . Especially if the guy is really Japanese but Satoshi is still a pseudonym, then chances would become really super slim that it would be because of Pokemon's creator, since he'd have a much more developed background regarding Japanese names.

Vous pouvez maintenant refermer ce topic et reprendre une activité normale. À ciao bonsoir.
Vene

Activity: 133
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:10:34 PM

Hi Folks,

I am happy to share with you that I finally found our Satoshi Nakamoto based on July 2007 paper submitted to International Association for Cryptography Research (IACR) . This paper looks like a raw version but speaks about two key issues that are unique to Satoshi.

1. Without a trusted third party

2. Double-Spending

You can read here

https://whoissatoshi.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/bitcoin-founder-unmasked/

I wrote a blog about my complete research "Finding Satoshi"

Chapter 1 - The Usual Suspects

https://whoissatoshi.wordpress.com/2016/01/27/the-usual-suspects/

Chapter 2 - Digital Evidence

https://whoissatoshi.wordpress.com/2016/01/27/digital-evidence/

Chapter 3 - Japanese Connection

https://whoissatoshi.wordpress.com/2016/01/27/japanese-connection/

Chapter 4  - Devil is in the details

https://whoissatoshi.wordpress.com/2016/01/27/devil-is-in-the-details/

Chapter 5  - Bitcoin Founder Unmasked

https://whoissatoshi.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/bitcoin-founder-unmasked/

Chapter 6 - Million Dollar Question

https://whoissatoshi.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/million-dollar-question/

Let me know know your comments.

Thanks,
Bounty Hunter.

Good read. Leave your BTC address for donations in first post or on your webpage, since changetip doesn't work on bitcointalk...
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 07:38:43 PM

Okay, I haven't read the research posted yet (I will), but I do have some thoughts on the post.  Those two enumerated aspects were problems that were discussed often in the circles of cryptography.  They WERE the main problem with creating a digital currency.  Now, if there were papers that had the solution to these problems....that'd be something!  I can't wait to read the research however.

Anybody remember SETI @ Home or Stanfords Folding @ Home projects.....Huh  Apply the solutions to the Trust and Double Spend problems to SETI @ HOME or Folding @ Home....And, we're pretty close to a digital currency....those thoughts were rolling around for awhile....
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4435

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:48:38 PM

Gotta disagree with you here, there's no way a complex stuff like Bitcoin can be developed by a single person
I think it's gotta be developed by a group member or some sort
Or maybe it was a part of something larger than we don't know about
*Conspiracy intensifies
Tongue

no one is disputing that he was not working in a team.. he was talking to lots of people and grabbing idea's leftright and centre.. even on day1 there was atleast 3 people mining, and helping code new stuff..

the dispute is not if he is a team player or not.. the dispute is if the pseudonym itself was used by more than one person..

and it seems that satoshi was one entity, one person. but was not afraid to be open source to let others play around with the code as separate entities

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BARR_Official

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 07:48:57 PM

Okay, I haven't read the research posted yet (I will), but I do have some thoughts on the post.  Those two enumerated aspects were problems that were discussed often in the circles of cryptography.  They WERE the main problem with creating a digital currency.  Now, if there were papers that had the solution to these problems....that'd be something!  I can't wait to read the research however.

Anybody remember SETI @ Home or Stanfords Folding @ Home projects.....Huh  Apply the solutions to the Trust and Double Spend problems to SETI @ HOME or Folding @ Home....And, we're pretty close to a digital currency....those thoughts were rolling around for awhile....

They did turn those into currency, after Bitcoin.  Folding@Home earns you Curecoins and Foldingcoins, and GridCoin pays for BOINC distributed computing.  You can trade those at multiple exchanges for Bitcoin right now.

But they still aren't fully decentralized.

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
Vene

Activity: 133
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:54:44 PM

You've been tipped, I hope that others will give you some credit for your work.
I enjoyed reading this.
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:02:31 PM

Nice job Sherlock not that I really care about who he is. If this is real then he hidedhis identity for a long time.
BountyHunter2012 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 08:27:09 PM

I enjoyed reading this.

Thanks Vene. I am trying to contact Pawel directly and ask him :-) There is no other way to confirm this as we are struck with circumstantial evidence only. Things will
be easy with digital evidence but Satoshi never leave any trace Smiley
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:32:18 PM

I enjoyed reading this.

Thanks Vene. I am trying to contact Pawel directly and ask him :-) There is no other way to confirm this as we are struck with circumstantial evidence only. Things will

He probably left plenty of traces, but back in the day people had no incentive to try and identify him.

If people were trying to figure out his identity, they would probably have it by now because it is near impossible to not leave any trace. Just look what happened to the silk road guy. One tiny mistake is enough to reveal your identity online.
takingthis4

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:43:07 PM

no one needs to find satoshi and in my opinion this will never be done because satoshi did not want to be revealed and never will be revealed

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:46:10 PM

Can you now try to find who stole the coins from Cryptsy?
BountyHunter2012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 08:50:30 PM

I enjoyed reading this.

He probably left plenty of traces, but back in the day people had no incentive to try and identify him.

If people were trying to figure out his identity, they would probably have it by now because it is near impossible to not leave any trace. Just look what happened to the silk road guy. One tiny mistake is enough to reveal your identity online.

Theymos

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178330.msg1869406#msg1869406

I'll probably release Satoshi's PMs and logged IPs addresses in ~8 years. This'd probably be of great historical interest. (Though he always used Tor, as far as I can tell.)

DesignDerby.co.uk

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 08:51:01 PM

I totally agree, he has every right to be anonymous.

But the man deserves to get credit for the greatest innovation of the century.

Indeed.
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 3472

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:52:35 PM

a phd can't NEVER develop a sw like btc. also for ethical aspects.
Satoshi Nakamoto can't be "one", it can't be youg, "probably a team" .

well I have work in a Boinc project and they know so deeply and well bitcoin before vast majority here Smiley

but who as ever try a developing like a distributed computing?
is not easy and one person couldn't make...  Roll Eyes a protocol like this one

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:22:10 PM

You are making assumptions where they are not ready to be made. A pokemon fan does not have to be a kid, especially in a country like Japan. Adults watch anime all the time there, including pokemon.

Also, satoshi never specifically asked not to be traced. He just disappeared and never replied any more. This can be due to many reasons, one being that he doens't want to be found, but he could also have died for instance (even though that is highly unlikely).
Still I have to disagree: few adults would watch Pokemon even in Japan, as it's definitely aimed for kids and young teenagers. I have a bunch of Japanese friends in their twenties (being myself in my twenties) and they indeed occasionally read mangas and probably watch anime (still I have to insist on the "occasionally" because Japan is a country where you'd easily get marginalized if you spend too much time on these), but I'd be surprised that they'd watch Pokemon. I can ask around if you want. I admit that I never did. But I'm pretty sure of the answer I'll get: Pokemon is for kids (and ok, nostalgic adults too, every now and then).

But I'm not pretending to hold the truth regarding the origin of the name Satoshi. I'm just going with my own assumption that if Satoshi is indeed a pseudonym, there's a possibility that it was chosen by a western pokemon fan born between 1985 and 1995. These are just my thoughts though. Don't sweat it: I have no evidence that what I'm saying is true. You could say I'm just talking out of my ass  Cheesy . Especially if the guy is really Japanese but Satoshi is still a pseudonym, then chances would become really super slim that it would be because of Pokemon's creator, since he'd have a much more developed background regarding Japanese names.

The Media Create group did a study on the demographics of Pokemon X & Y players, and they found a majority of them are college kids ages 19-24. This news bucks the claims that Nintendo’s games are only for kids.

Full Disclosure: I found this neat tool called Google. In the search function thingy I plugged in "Pokémon demographics" sans quote thingies.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:28:43 PM

Can you now try to find who stole the coins from Cryptsy?

According to blockchain analysis, that was easy: Paul Vernon aka BigVern who didn't even have his head of security, Horus, look into the event in spite of Horus having a degree in the field.
BountyHunter2012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 09:36:31 PM

Are they suspecting Alerj78 for this hack?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=295157.msg6861797#msg6861797

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: