Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:57:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitInstant extremely poor design, lots of confusion, poor service  (Read 5477 times)
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2013, 06:04:02 AM

5:35GMT - replied to the support letter, informing them that I had asked for a full refund.  asked how to return the amount that was issued and receive my refund for the full amt, due to their inability to meet their obligation.  

In defense of BitInstant, they don't have an obligation or anything on their website guaranteeing that it only takes an hour:

Funds can be available in as little as 15 minutes and are typically available within one hour at the exchange or other merchant selected by the Customer

Our service aims to make most deposits happen instantly - within a matter of seconds in ideal cases, and in an absolute worst-case scenario we will still aim to have funds into your exchange account before a stated maximum deadline (on average about 60 minutes depending on various conditions)

The hour deadline is an average estimate, and if they offer to refund your fees if it takes longer and you're unhappy with the delay.

From what I've seen on the support thread and in complaint threads on the forum, it seems like people with the longer delays tend to have them because of their resistance to supply information relating to the order or to accept the support that's given to them. You wanted Charlie to email you, which he did, and you're upset about the email address he sent it from? The reply address he used was one of the three you sent you message to in your original email. Doesn't look to me like he was the one delaying things at all.

They have 'anything' on their website guaranteeing that it takes an hour after you place an order.  I'm pretty sure that's what 'Guaranteed' means.  If guaranteed doesn't mean that it's guaranteed, then it shouldn't be guaranteed.  Make sense?  Do I need to elaborate?  Post some screenshots?

Your quotes?  That is supposed to be relevant..... how?   I placed an order.  After I placed an order, I received a guarantee.  If the funds weren't going to be ready in that typical hour, then I shouldn't have received a guarantee after placing my order.

My resistance to supply information?  Good lord, what the hell are you talking about?  I supplied all the information necessary.  I think.  Right?  If I didn't, wouldn't support mail me and ask me for some more information?   Roll Eyes

I wanted Charlie to email me?  I wanted to get a refund.  Mailing someone on these forums is not an email.  Whether or not I was "upset" is irrelevant, unless you're suggesting that it would be so difficult for him to log on to a BitInstant account that it would result in hours of delay, rather than messaging me on these forums.  Is that what you're suggesting?

He mailed me on these boards several times.  It has nothing to do with the emails.   Please, stop talking out of your ass.

And here I was going to make some speech about how we'd finally reached an agreement I was happy with and that it's nice that the head of the company took the time to email me... then I have to read this drek.   So, then, in short:  I was refunded my original purchase amount and compensated for an exchange price difference, which was generous of them to do as it wouldn't have even been something I'd request in BBB mediation.   I would advise other people that have delayed transactions not to worry about it, but I would say to be diligent about mailing support (especially if you want a refund, rather than to complete the transaction).

I was going to post some more, but the 21after2 asskissing threw me off way too much.  (and I would call you out on some of your false assumptions, except for the fact that a third party is involved and we have already come to an understanding)

... and I did update the BBB with a glowing review of how the problem was handled.    Guess that's the last edit.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 06:56:07 AM

I was referring to the chain of emails you posted earlier. You specifically wanted him to email you from a BitInstant.com address. He emailed you from a different email address (one that was in your original email). I didn't say a thing about the message board PMs.

The resistance to supplying information, I said, relates to most issues I see people having with BitInstant here on the forums. That goes along with not always accepting the support they're given. I didn't say that both applied to your case. I did see the second scenario applied to your case though: from what you've posted, Charlie emailed you twice from one email address before you requested (through the forum) that he email you from a BitInstant.com email address. I personally don't see why the email address he used should matter in terms of getting the issue resolved quickly (especially since it was an email address that you had included in your initial email on the 24th). I'm sure you have your reasons for it.

I will admit that I don't, of course, know all the details of your transaction: that's between you and the company. And I apologize if I made a harsh judgment on the situation based on information only seen here. But I'm only going off details from of your public complaint against BitInstant. If it was a matter you wanted to keep completely private, you didn't have to make a case before the BitCoin community about it.

As a side note, I don't think my "asskissing" threw you off as much as you believe. Your post was pretty hefty regardless. Tongue
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2013, 04:36:33 PM

... and I did update the BBB with a glowing review of how the problem was handled.    Guess that's the last edit.

You are awesome, thank you for doing so and giving us your trust back

As a side note, I don't think my "asskissing" threw you off as much as you believe. Your post was pretty hefty regardless. Tongue

The issue was our fault, and ZVS was rightfully frustrated. Whatever was said was said, but its all good now.

Lets all move on and look at the real enemy, the state!  Grin

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 03:07:23 AM

Lets all move on and look at the real enemy, the state!  Grin

I used to vote Republican  Shocked until they passed that vile Safe Ports Act w/ the (republican pushed) UIGEA 'hidden' inside

i think both parties are at fault for the Patriot Act (senate was 99-1?)... not sure about the house, except I know Ron Paul voted against it, without even having to check  Grin
damnek

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 07:59:39 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2013, 08:16:30 PM by damnek

I've tried using bitinstant too over the last couple of days - without much success. I agree with the OP, I was confused about the same things. First my test transfer from mtgox to bitstamp of 25 usd went through without problems. Then I tried some more money and kept getting an error message. Tried it again today with some money and it worked. Tried it a second time and even though bitinstant says the the transfer was okay, I don't have my money in bitstamp and moreover got this error in their confirmation email:

> APIResponse: {"error": {"amount": ["You have only $10.59 available. Check your account balance for details."]}}

Apparently bitinstant never had the funds available in bitstamp to even credit my account!
Now my mtgox code is gone, no cash in bitstamp. Very frustrating stuff.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2013, 08:30:11 PM

I've tried using bitinstant too over the last couple of days - without much success. I agree with the OP, I was confused about the same things. First my test transfer from mtgox to bitstamp of 25 usd went through without problems. Then I tried some more money and kept getting an error message. Tried it again today with some money and it worked. Tried it a second time and even though bitinstant says the the transfer was okay, I don't have my money in bitstamp and moreover got this error in their confirmation email:

> APIResponse: {"error": {"amount": ["You have only $10.59 available. Check your account balance for details."]}}

Apparently bitinstant never had the funds available in bitstamp to even credit my account!

Not a problem at all, just PM me your Order ID

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
damnek

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 11:25:05 PM

Not a problem at all, just PM me your Order ID

The issue was resolved quickly.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: