Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 08:30:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello all, I have a proposition...  (Read 726 times)
SNAZ31 (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 12:41:11 AM

So I suppose I should introduce myself, I'm barry and I live in the UK, hellooo...  Grin

There... Now, I have been lurking on the edges of the Bitcoin world for a couple years and I must say, I love it! As do most of you I'm sure. I have never mined (unfortunately) but I did a small bit of hobby trading with Britcoin and then Intersango when they changed over... It was good times to be honest, even if there was the occasional hiccup, but then the dreaded banks dropped the hammer!

What are we to do now in the UK? There is no easy, inexpensive way to move around funds/btc... There is the londonbitcoinexchange but that is rather pricey...

There is a giant void here that needs to be filled! I want to attempt to fill it... (with your help?)

Okay so how do we go about making trades and get the ball rolling? (I'm not talking about today here but more thinking out loud)... Obviously we want to avoid the banks as they cause far too many problems and eventually shut you down... So... What are our options?

Well for a start I was thinking via mail for deposits/buying bitcoins, would be one option, I know there are the obvious problems/risks associated with this, but that is where we are at right now and it is the cheapest option... The sender would obviously use precautions in their delivery method. The moment the funds have arrived the BTC will be deposited into the desired account. It is not ideal but an option non the less...

Then there is ukash and the like which to be honest I have little experience with but I'm sure it doesn't take a genius to figure out... But with this I presume it would be more expensive than mailing...

However, Withdrawals is where I could shine! Because I could deposit the funds directly into peoples bank accounts in person, there would have to be some sort of minimum limit on the withdrawal amount for obvious reasons. But I would deposit the same day (with a cut off time limit) and that is what we all want really isn't it?

For the service there would be a fee of course which can be worked out over time... Obviously I want this to be profitable for me but also inexpensive for you! I'm sure we can work this out...

I know there will be a ton of obstacles to overcome along the way but I really do want to be of service to the UK bitcoin community. So basically now I hand it over to you guys, do any of you have any suggestions or productive advice?

Thank You for taking the time to read my crazy (maybe?) idea...

barry

QuantumKiwi

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 12:43:55 AM

I think your already talking about services that are already available...?

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 01:00:43 AM

I think your already talking about services that are already available...?

Yeah I know this is nothing new, but surely it can get done a lot cheaper than the london bitcoin exchange is charging for example? I didn't see anything on their wordpress site about delivery times though, I could of missed that... Do they offer same day withdrawals?
BTC4Amazon

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 01:06:12 AM

go here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins
Hold ctrl+f
Type in the short code for your local curency (USD GBP AUD etc.)
Hit enter until you find one you like. I'm sure that there is more than one that facilitates your currency.

Hope this helped.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 01:08:07 AM

Do you know Local bitcoin?

SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 01:12:06 AM

Hold ctrl+f
Hit enter until you find one you like. I'm sure that there is more than one that facilitates your currency.

Hope this helped.

Buying bitcoin isn't really the problem though, it is more withdrawing the cash isn't it? Since intersango stopped it has been problematic for many people... Or am I missing something?
SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 01:14:44 AM

Do you know Local bitcoin?

I didn't but I will defo check that out a little more when I get the time, thanks... Only problem I see with it, is that it is limiting to your local area... And there is the face to face aspect of it some might not like... But still defo worth a look.
BTC4Amazon

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 01:17:54 AM

Hold ctrl+f

Hope this helped.

Buying bitcoin isn't really the problem though, it is more withdrawing the cash isn't it? Since intersango stopped it has been problematic for many people... Or am I missing something?

Maybe try doing your trading on here. When you get out of Noob Jail put a post in the currency exchange for Neteller or something along those lines that you can use. I am no professional in the international realm just trying to lend what knowledge I have.

Have a nice day
SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 01:29:26 AM

Hold ctrl+f

Hope this helped.

Maybe try doing your trading on here. When you get out of Noob Jail put a post in the currency exchange for Neteller or something along those lines that you can use. I am no professional in the international realm just trying to lend what knowledge I have.

Have a nice day

Thanks for your input and yes I you could do that, but I feel it would be rather clumsy... Obviously I know that people make private deals etc it's just something more formal is needed in my opinion.. Cheers for stopping by.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: