Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:21:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-01-02 Daily Dot - Bitcoin arrives in 2013 more popular than ever  (Read 1355 times)
mccorvic (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 10:08:07 PM

Daily Dot - Bitcoin arrives in 2013 more popular than ever

http://www.dailydot.com/news/bitcoin-growth-steady-popular-2012/

Among the data citing to support this claim was the increase in downloads of the various Bitcoin-related clients. Bitcoin-qt, the most popular of the clients, reached 70,000 downloads a month in the second half of the year.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 06:15:26 AM

In August 2012, Bitcoin announced that it was launching a Mastercard debit card. Even better, the first ever Bitcoin bank was established in December.
* kiba faceplams.

dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 02:31:44 AM

In August 2012, Bitcoin announced that it was launching a Mastercard debit card. Even better, the first ever Bitcoin bank was established in December.
* kiba faceplams.
I've mentioned this before:
I think the name "Bitcoin" should never be put into company names. Walmart is not called Dollar Walmart, nor is the Bank of America called the American Bank of Dollar.

Let the second wave of confusion and misunderstanding begin.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1135

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 02:58:19 AM

I think the name "Bitcoin" should never be put into company names. Walmart is not called Dollar Walmart, nor is the Bank of America called the American Bank of Dollar.

Perhaps airlines would be less confusing if they took the word "air" out of their names.

It's bad enough that all the airlines refer to themselves as "XXXXX Airlines", even though each one is an airline in the singular, rather than the plural.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 01:06:41 PM

Perhaps airlines would be less confusing if they took the word "air" out of their names.

It's bad enough that all the airlines refer to themselves as "XXXXX Airlines", even though each one is an airline in the singular, rather than the plural.
You're missing the point. "Air" relates to function, which all names should have. Just like Walmart. Bitcoin Central is not the centre of Bitcoin, even though its name implies such. AeroMexico accepts USD, which is not common to accept in Mexico (where they accept peso). Even so, its name does not include "dollar".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: