Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:38:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Tweet for bitcoin  (Read 2499 times)
music8mycomputer (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 12:06:56 AM

Tweet directly from tweetforbitcoin for 0.00001 BTC per character.

If a tweet comes from tweetforbitcoin, it means someone donated to tweet it.

Tweet for Bitcoin was developed to help the Bitcoin Foundation while enabling users to express their feelings about bitcoin.

http://codacoin.com/tweetforbitcoin.php

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
-XXIII-

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 12:35:57 AM

hahah that's pretty cool, what a great idea
music8mycomputer (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 01:12:07 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2016, 01:46:09 AM by music8mycomputer

Wow, someone already used it alright!

Funds get sent to the bitcoin foundation if (balance > [edit]->.001 btc) [cause::coinbase's transaction limit] every 5 minutes and include the txn hash so its 100% verifiable.

Please follow on twitter!
https://twitter.com/tweet_for_cause
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3408

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 03:48:47 AM

I like the idea but would've been better if there were some actual followers on tweetforbitcoin twitter account so it would be a fair one even though this is purely for donation cause. Btw what will be done with those donated funds? Will they be used for a charity or something so it could be meaningful and have a purpose?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 05:39:35 AM

Is it similar to slack tipbot?
It is a nice venture to make such an application for Twitter.

Can you send me its API and shwo me how it generally works? I mean do I need to create an account first or any anonymous users can tip a tweet anytime, anywhere?

It will be better if you integrate the tip bot with Faucetbox to prevent dust payouts. That means an user will receive tips to his address only when it reaches a certain amount on Faucetbox.
melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 07:07:38 AM

This no doubt is a great idea though I think is like tipbot, how many tweet is allowed per day?
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 09:49:58 PM

Great idea and project!

I love Bitcoin
music8mycomputer (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 02:21:49 PM

I like the idea but would've been better if there were some actual followers on tweetforbitcoin twitter account so it would be a fair one even though this is purely for donation cause. Btw what will be done with those donated funds? Will they be used for a charity or something so it could be meaningful and have a purpose?

I just started this project and I am working on getting followers. The funds are sent to The Bitcoin Foundations donation address which is verifiable and I show the transaction hash of every transaction that gets sent to The Bitcoin Foundation so it is also 100 percent verifiable. The balance at tweetforbitcoin gets sent if the balance is greater than .001 bitcoin and trys every 5 minutes.

music8mycomputer (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 02:30:35 PM

Is it similar to slack tipbot?
It is a nice venture to make such an application for Twitter.

Can you send me its API and shwo me how it generally works? I mean do I need to create an account first or any anonymous users can tip a tweet anytime, anywhere?

It will be better if you integrate the tip bot with Faucetbox to prevent dust payouts. That means an user will receive tips to his address only when it reaches a certain amount on Faucetbox.

It is anonymous and anyone can pay to tweet, there are no limits.  It is actually very simple. All you do is type in your tweet, send bitcoin to the address listed, wait for the send button to pop up and click it.  The tweet gets sent and the funds go to an account that has a cron job set up so if the balance gets >= .01 BTC, it sends the payment to The Bitcoin Foundation's donation address.
music8mycomputer (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 02:36:10 PM

This no doubt is a great idea though I think is like tipbot, how many tweet is allowed per day?

The difference between tweetforbitcoin and tipbot is that with tweetforbitcoin, all funds go to The Bitcoin Foundation and the amount you donate is determined by how many characters you type. There is no limit as to how many tweets you can tweet.
jaydipmodhwadia

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Verify my Bitcoin Address before EVERY transaction

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 02:47:10 PM

Sent a tweet with the alphabet!
Enjoy haha
music8mycomputer (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 02:58:25 PM

Sent a tweet with the alphabet!
Enjoy haha

Thank you!!!!

I use coinbase's api so when one comes from coinbase, it takes awhile to transfer for some reason.

Please follow this project @ https://twitter.com/tweet_for_cause
music8mycomputer (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 04:21:39 PM

I just added a QR Code for the send to address!

http://codacoin.com/tweetforbitcoin.php
Indianacoin

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 04:30:16 PM

Can someone add this function to the comment section on his website or blog?
It will be like after you read an article if you want to comment on it you can donate a cent to the website or blog owner as an appreciation for his work.

I am thinking of starting a blog on WordPress platform and it will be nicer if you can help in making a plugin for me that will work in a similar way as TFB Smiley

Btw, may I know your btc address?
music8mycomputer (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 05:01:51 PM

It will be like after you read an article if you want to comment on it you can donate a cent to the website or blog owner as an appreciation for his work.

I am thinking of starting a blog on WordPress platform and it will be nicer if you can help in making a plugin for me that will work in a similar way as TFB Smiley

Yes, I am working on implementing that feature. I will post back here when I have a working prototype.  PM me @_codacoin on twitter.

1DdLtakhZZ4YfVTC1j6HDjU4Rrni6MvyPa
Indianacoin

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 06:26:45 PM

Yes, I am working on implementing that feature. I will post back here when I have a working prototype.  PM me @_codacoin on twitter.

1DdLtakhZZ4YfVTC1j6HDjU4Rrni6MvyPa

Good to know that buddy. Cheesy

Here is a token of appreciation mate for doing such an awesome work -- https://blockchain.info/tx/7c870079fc1916d830f321304a8cd776ce39fb2ab91a46032e67ac18cfa10635

I wish this venture soon becomes a popular platform to enrich each and every tweets to receive valuable audits. Wink
All the best.
music8mycomputer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 02:20:19 PM

I am getting close to having this feature ready. I will let you know as soon as I am ready to test it if you would like to be my first subject.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 05:53:14 AM

So, this is campaign for donate to bitcoin foundation? It's great idea Grin
CB_project

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 11:10:43 AM

WOW