Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:22:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: please delete  (Read 113 times)
SapphireSpire (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 02:23:11 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2024, 03:55:37 AM by SapphireSpire

nothing to see

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1858

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 02:50:43 AM

What are the actual risks of this cognitive dissonance thing?

I'm curious to know because it seems to me that we are simply overthinking here. After all, you can always use your own metaphor if you don't want to use the conventional one or are significantly uncomfortable using it.

Anyway, I guess this is far from a better metaphor. It seems it is actually worse.

A better metaphor is to imagine the blockchain is a bank full of lock boxes that contain our coins and what we keep are the key's to our lock boxes.

I guess we should quit imagining a certain physical place where our funds are kept. I think it is still basically a by-product of a consciousness largely molded by banks, central bodies, main servers which are located at main offices, and so forth. I guess it's better to think of mere numbers. Bitcoin is numbers basically. Numbers are abstractions. They're floating in the air like nothing and yet they're something. You cannot point at anything in the real world which is number 1 or 2 and so on but they're there in all objects.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 03:19:55 AM

I agree on the 'keychain' concept when I heard it from one of Andreas Antonopoulos' videos. I'm not sure, but I think it might be too late to make a transition though because the masses have been too much accustomed to the 'wallet' term already.

On the other hand, I've always thought(though I'm undecided)— does everyone really need to understand that they aren't really holding coins, but just keys? Wouldn't it be fine as long as they know how to keep their "wallet backup" secure? I know having technical knowledge on things is always better, but how deeply technical should the masses be when it comes to Bitcoin?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2021, 08:19:27 AM

Ted Gideonse Ted Talk on Cognitive Dissonance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr00TrsG_eo&ab_channel=TEDxTalks

The book: Mistakes were made (But not by me)---funny and informative

One of the shortest and most simple of examples:
Given by George Takei on reciting the pledge of allegiance while in internment

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/11/19/exp-takei-internment-pledge.cnn

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2021, 08:36:56 AM

Never watched this one before (so Thank You :-))it followed one I was familiar with.... it's really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqONzcNbzh8&ab_channel=TEDxTalks

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
DapanasFruit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 49

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 10:25:08 AM

I actually agree that what we usually call as wallets in the world of cryptocurrency are not what they really are...all because the coins are not being deposited into those wallets though we can see the figures in there, more so if your wallet has zero balances like mine. However, I am not convinced that this should be called as cognitive dissonance because that term holds deeper meaning. Now, in case we should start calling our wallets to be keychains in my view the more that ordinary people can be confused, so maybe I prefer that we have the status quo.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: