Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:24:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 [1130] 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073025 times)
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 11:58:31 PM

Just like that, market cap cut in half. Good dump!  Shocked

The hell you talking 'bout son?

I know, I messed up. For some reason i was seeing wrong info. My bad!  Grin GO Lisk GO

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thewarners777

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:59:12 PM

How many confirmations are needed?
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:01:26 AM

303 for polo.
LeonardoDaVinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:01:36 AM

Awesome news for Lisk!
cryptodv

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 12:02:40 AM

Awesome news. Good thing I invested in both.

███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
thewarners777

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:02:51 AM

303 for polo.

Wtf are you serious?
lisker

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 12:06:44 AM

Lisk above 50 cents ! It's happening !

www.lisk.io - Dapp & Sidechain Platform
DM0000

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:09:14 AM

The differences between Lisk and Ethereum explained by the Lisk CEO Max aka LiskHq:

http://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/2104/how-does-lisk-differ-from-ethereum/3176#3176

@tayvano: Unfortunately, I can't comment directly. I need "50 reputation" for this. Therefore I will write it as a new answer.

I don't know as much about Serpent, but it appears to have the same goals and purpose as Solidity, but is meant to be similar to Python (and therefore be great for Python devs.) This, along with the range of clients, also showcases the dedication that Ethereum has to being appealing to a wide range of developers, not just Javascript developers.

The range of clients at Ethereum in Go, C++, Python, JavaScript, Java and other languages is a support disaster. Right now it may work OK, but once Ethereum attracts a critical mass there will be 1 (or maybe 2) clients which will be used by 99% of the users. Otherwise, it's just not feasible.

You also say that Ethereum is trying to appeal a wide range of developers. Lisk tends to focus on the JavaScript group, it's just a fact that this is a huge crowd already. Lisk removes friction, it's very hard to get developers for a platform. If they now need to learn a new language (besides the whole blockchain concepts) attracting them will be even more difficult. Lisk is all about staying lean, efficient and focused.

Btw. JS is extremely powerful: asmjs.org, pyjs.org etc.

Above only covers Smart Contracts for Etheruem; what about the more fully-encompassing "Dapp"?

Here is the difference between Lisk and Ethereum. Ethereum is doing smart contracts which are all saved on one blockchain. If you want to develop a dapp in Ethereum you need to connect the functionalities of several smart contracts.

In Lisk you get a complete package. You don't develop single smart contracts. You build an entire application which is running on its own blockchain. It's like you develop a new crypto-currency platform with an extended feature-set, the platform itself is already finished and provided by our Lisk SDK. As a developer you just need to implement the necessary new features on top of the already existing platform.

So, for Lisk to be implying that Javascript developers cannot create Dapp for Ethereum is a bit misleading. They can absolutely use primarily Javascript for the Dapp and then Solidity (which is so close to Javascript) for smart contracts.

We never said that JavaScript developers cannot create dapps for Ethereum. Of course they can, but they need to learn a new language first. This is like you would say a plumber cannot paint walls.

At Ethereum they can use JavaScript for the dapp front end, and Solidity for the dapp back end. It's not like they are using JavaScript "for the [complete] dapp" as you said. No, only for the front end.

The difference is that Lisk is entirely Javascript (and node.js) through and through, Ethereum has a large number clients in different languages[2], has two custom-written languages for smart contracts, and still allows for Javascript where you need it most (the UI).

Yes, we tend to focus on one technology. Focus is key.

Your statement that Ethereum "allows for JavaScript where you need it most (the UI)", is really only the case for Ethereum. JavaScript is globally accepted for many different tasks on the front and back end (e.g. NodeJS). Not just for "the UI". You are making JavaScript smaller as it is, only to get more arguments for Solidity.

Javascript numbers are....not the greatest or most reliable. Especially when we are dealing with a crypto-currency, you really want your numbers to be on point. Basically JS uses floating point which means some things get approximated and digits get lost in certain cases.

We are only using integers at Lisk. For big numbers we are using bignumber.js. It's not about the language you choose, it's about your coding skills. If you know what you are doing JavaScript is entirely fine. However, yes this is a weakness. But a weakness which is manageable.

Javascript uses weak dynamic typing. If you are not careful, you can pass strings instead of numbers.

Honestly, if you are building a serious project you should at least get this thing right. Otherwise, every JavaScript project would fail according to your argument.

Lisk has "rules" that they ask contract developers have to follow to avoid breaking consensus.

Yep. It seems Ethereum has these "rules" directly embedded into their compiler, at Lisk developers just have to follow them. The biggest difference here is, if they do a mistake and the consensus is broken, then the dapp needs a hard fork. But Lisk itself is entirely fine, because the dapp is only running in a sidechain.

This is a huge security advantage. If a dapp fails, the Lisk network doesn't even hiccup. However, if one smart contract fails at Ethereum, it can mean game over for Ethereum.

Disadvantages of Solidity

Other disadvantages may be that it's a very young language and therefore unproven. Also there is very little documentation available, and even less developers know this language.

On the blockchain

You are mixing up different things now. You download the Bitcoin client also from an HTTP link. However it "cannot be corrupted, can be audited, cannot be changed, can reach consensus". That means all these important properties you mention are also valid for Lisk. If you change a dapp code, your node will end up on a fork. Same as if you change the Bitcoin code.

The HTTP link is only the way to distribute a dapp source code. Later on we will integrate decentralized storage methods (e.g. IPFS), so the distribution itself can be decentralized as well.

However, the distribution model doesn't define if an application is centralized or decentralized. Or do you say that every crypto-currency on the market is centralized? Because you download the clients from a centralized location? If yes, then how can Ethereum dapps even be decentralized, if the network itself is centralized? Wink

Your line of arguments is wrong here. Another important fact is, that this method allows Lisk to scale massively easier than Ethereum. Besides the huge advantages our sidechains already bring to the table.

I don't know much about Crypti, but they did have a presale and they did get a decent amount of money (at least $200k USD) but I can't find the exact figures because everything has been wiped. Nothing came of Crypti. Literally. So...that's scary. The lack of transparency, also scary.

We are not associated with Crypti anymore. However, saying that everything is wiped and that there is no transparency is a huge lie. There are over 600 pages on Bitcointalk (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654463) and dozens of blog posts (https://blog.crypti.me) which contain ALL information.

Additionally, if you say that "nothing came of Crypti" then you are completely wrong. Crypti developed a working dapp platform, the huge success of Lisk is proving this. The only thing which just didn't work at Crypti was marketing. That means nobody knows about Crypti. There was also a big lack of leadership at Crypti.

So I guess the main difference I want to point out between Ethereum and Lisk here is that Lisk is two guys who rebranded a previous coin that had a presale and delivered nothing while Ethereum has Vitalik Buterin, a large team of well-known, community-engaged, crazy talented developers, and a large community of developers creating Dapp and third-party wallets and hardware wallets and all sorts of amazing stuff. I mean, look at Augur, Slock.it, and ConsenSys alone. It's crazy!

Yes, I'm glad that those two guys at Google never started their company because there were so many great search engines back then with hundreds of employees. Smiley

Don't understand me wrong, I like Ethereum and the whole team/movement behind it. I'm a big supporter. But you are just refusing innovation at this point of time. You are comparing a 2 years old platform (Ethereum) with 18M in fundings, with a not even launched platform (Lisk) with no access to the funding as of yet. That's kind of silly.

Another key difference is Ethereum has the Ethereum Foundation, a non-profit Swiss organization and Lisk has....an unknown foundation / company associated with it.

Everyone at Lisk knows that we are in the process of creating a legal entity in Germany, most probably as a gGmbH. This is also a non-profit organisation structure.

One final note: Lisk really likes to claim they have partnerships with big names. First it was ShapeShift. Now it is Microsoft. They loooove to use that partnership word. In reality, they were just using the Shifty button, not really a partnership.

We had a technologic partnership with ShapeShift. It was a big mis-understanding at that time. They already fixed that mistake.

All in all, I would like to say that your points are quite weak. You didn't point out the biggest weaknesses of Lisk. In my opinion this is sidechain security. That means small dapps probably won't have a chance long-term to attract enough nodes to secure them.

For this I suspect that there will be special dapps, who will run smaller dapps in a SaaS way. Until we implemented a sidechain forging marketplace, finding sidechain forgers is also quite a difficult task. However, these are all just starting problems. Everything is solvable. At the end of the day Lisk is just software which is actively developed.

It's important to mention that Lisk just gets started and we are already making big changes. At this point of time it's just to early to evaluate Lisk and the team (us) behind it. You should just wait for a year before making a final conclusion. All arguments right now just look like you are afraid. Personally, I think there is far more than enough room for Ethereum and Lisk. In the end we are solving the "problems" very differently and are attracting different niches.

I hope that Ethereum and Lisk can work together in the future in order to solve important problems within the dapp and blockchain industry. I say it again, we are in this "game" together.

http://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/2104/how-does-lisk-differ-from-ethereum/3176#3176
cryptodv

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 12:09:36 AM

Lisk above 50 cents ! It's happening !

Needs to be at $7 as promised so I can buy that Lambo.  Grin

███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:10:16 AM

It's gonna be huge for them both.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:13:40 AM

It doesn't take that long for the 303 confirms.

I love Bitcoin
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 12:15:04 AM

51 minutes.

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
realm

Activity: 351

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:16:20 AM

You have to see Max's interview : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOMT6-VgjhM
thewarners777

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:18:02 AM

I'm at 30 minutes and 159 confirmations. Why so many confirmations?
DM0000

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:18:34 AM

http://www.peerplays.com/news/lisk-considered-for-gamification-through-peerplays/

Lisk Considered for Gamification Through Peerplays:

Peerplays is a blockchain-based gaming platform that allows users to play games arbitrated by smart contracts in real-time. Lisk applications each run on a blockchain that uses a consensus algorithm called “DPoS”, which is actually an earlier iteration of the same algorithm that Peerplays will use.

Recently while examining how Lisk operates, it was discovered that apps built on the Lisk blockchain could use Peerplays to become gamified, offering an increased level of fun and monetary incentives their users. By integrating through the Peerplays API, Lisk apps could enable users to play in real-time contests and competitions with their associates and peers.

Over the past few years, gamification has been a major trend towards motivating employees and consumers to become more engaged in their work.

Jonathan Baha’i, project coordinator for Peerplays, explains,

“Lisk decentralized application creators can incorporate their apps into the Peerplays fair gaming blockchain to introduce tournament style gamification and enable their users to earn real money. Also, since both Peerplays and Lisk use the highly efficient DPoS algorithm, Peerplays can easily support Lisk sidechains for efficient interaction between both blockchains.”

Peerplays is currently in the early stages of its first crowdfunding drive, and is set to launch later this year. Lisk holders now have yet another reason to get excited about the value and opportunity that comes with the platform.

About Lisk:

Lisk functions as an alternative to other decentralized application platforms: due to the simplicity of the platform and its use of JavaScript, programmers will be able to develop their own dapps rapidly and easily. Lisk invites the crypto-currency community to test the already available features on the Lisk testnet. Free testnet tokens are available on their faucet page.

Aspiring dapp developers can start learning how to code Lisk dapps, by reading the documentation section on the Lisk website. More information about the technical aspects of Lisk is available in the white paper.

Lisk started their Initial Coin Offering (ICO) on the 22nd of February 2016. In just four weeks, Lisk has raised over 14,000 BTC, or more than 5.7 Million USD. Lisk is estimated to launch on the 11th April.
About the Lisk team:

Lisk is a decentralized startup, founded by CEO and entrepreneur Max Kordek, and CTO Oliver Beddows, a full stack developer for over 15 years. The pair first worked together at the MIT licensed decentralized application platform Crypti.

http://www.peerplays.com/news/lisk-considered-for-gamification-through-peerplays/
X1235

Activity: 671
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:22:42 AM

Why not?
thewarners777

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:25:57 AM

Why not?

An hour to transfer is a bit crazy. I participated in the ico and hold lisk... But that's a bit intense. So much happens in an hour
X1235

Activity: 671
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:29:46 AM

An hour to transfer is a bit crazy. I participated in the ico and hold lisk... But that's a bit intense. So much happens in an hour

It's precaution. Network security.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:30:19 AM

You have to see Max's interview : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOMT6-VgjhM

Is that a coinbase t-shirt he's wearing?

Wink Wink Wink
DM0000

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:40:33 AM

Why not?

Poloniex wants to make sure they don't have any errors.
After awhile confirmations are reduced.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/4aoz5p/kraken_brings_eth_deposit_confirmation_time_down/
Pages: « 1 ... 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 [1130] 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: