Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:14:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 [1959] 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 ... 2268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3072981 times)
NorthPixel

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:10:51 PM

Lisk 0.8.0 has been released, bringing more performance improvements and bug fixes. For this release, we’ve put even more work into database optimization, refining the API layer and resolving some difficult bugs. Following are more details on the changes, enjoy!

The Little Things
As with each successive release it is our pleasure to report a number of bugs that have been squashed. These bugs range from the minor misnamed and deprecated endpoint for the dApps API, to the application listening before it is ready and finally the rare but major nullification of the configuration file. These are just a small list of bugs that were resolved, we know that this list will shrink with successive releases.

Performance
We have also improved the performance of some heavily used database tables, particularly, `trs_list` view has been refactored and now provides much better performance, completely ironing out inefficiencies which cropped up in prior releases. Additionally, a `round_fees` table has been introduced to collect transaction fees awarded to delegates for each round. The new memory table brings performance improvements and much greater data flexibility for historical lookups on fee allocations.
In previous releases, it took up to 120 seconds of not receiving a block from the network to begin pulling fresh blocks from a peer. Now, nodes synchronize blocks after 20 seconds of not receiving new blocks, meaning that lagging peers catch up more often and much faster than before.

Modularity
While efforts toward scalability are ongoing, 0.8.0 brings a much needed step in the right direction. Under 0.8.0 all existing API’s have been extracted into their own modules so that future developments to the Lisk API are far easier to implement.
The binary builds also received some modularity/scalability improvements. We have moved away from Forever as the process manager and replaced it with PM2. PM2 offers much greater flexibility and control of the node process with some performance monitoring features and the required modularity to easily support multiple Lisk processes.

Lisk UI
A large number of bug fixes have been applied to the user-interface component of the Lisk client. The fixes include improved responsiveness on mobile devices, better feedback when placing votes, a more accurate sync progress indicator, the proper removal of user data on logout, and a performance fix related to the display of forging statistics. All of these fixes should help provide a better experience for users awaiting the planned Lisk Nano 1.0.0 release, that will eventually replace Lisk UI as the main user-interface for Lisk.

GPLv3
One final thing of note for these releases is that we are moving from The MIT License to the GPLv3 license. While this has no direct impact on the code itself, it is important to properly license our code in a way that the Lisk Foundation receives recognition on its open-sourced products. Code prior to this release will remain MIT licensed but going forward from Lisk 0.8.0 all new code will fall under GPLv3. If you wish to know more about the differences between the GPL and MIT licenses, please read the article: GPL vs. MIT: Which License to Use.

Summary
Lisk 0.8.0 yields significant performance gains through faster syncing, more efficient use of the database, and greater stability through the resolution of some bugs, continuing to improve upon the solid foundation established by previous releases. This release, along with the planned minor release of 0.9.0, lays the basis for our first major release, Lisk v1.0.0. A complete list of changes can be seen in the release log on GitHub. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Original Blog Post

For some reason, this news has no reaction in the market. Although here basically there is nothing new, only the elimination of some bugs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 03:57:18 PM

For some reason, this news has no reaction in the market. Although here basically there is nothing new, only the elimination of some bugs.

We mentioned the release in advance, so it was probably priced in. However, there are quite a few nice changes in this release.

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
secretcarrot

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:16:09 PM

We mentioned the release in advance, so it was probably priced in. However, there are quite a few nice changes in this release.

Was it you who pumped the price during pre-release hype?
metropolit

Activity: 308

Lisk will be #1 alt in 2019.

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 06:59:39 PM

LoL, Max is not a type of person who would be involved into BS like that one.
aprojection

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 07:00:59 PM

Have you anybody problem with LISK NANO -> passphrase ? On 5/10 attempts I log into another Lisk adress.
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 07:52:11 PM

Lisk 0.8.0 has been released, bringing more performance improvements and bug fixes. For this release, we’ve put even more work into database optimization, refining the API layer and resolving some difficult bugs. Following are more details on the changes, enjoy!

The Little Things
As with each successive release it is our pleasure to report a number of bugs that have been squashed. These bugs range from the minor misnamed and deprecated endpoint for the dApps API, to the application listening before it is ready and finally the rare but major nullification of the configuration file. These are just a small list of bugs that were resolved, we know that this list will shrink with successive releases.

Performance
We have also improved the performance of some heavily used database tables, particularly, `trs_list` view has been refactored and now provides much better performance, completely ironing out inefficiencies which cropped up in prior releases. Additionally, a `round_fees` table has been introduced to collect transaction fees awarded to delegates for each round. The new memory table brings performance improvements and much greater data flexibility for historical lookups on fee allocations.
In previous releases, it took up to 120 seconds of not receiving a block from the network to begin pulling fresh blocks from a peer. Now, nodes synchronize blocks after 20 seconds of not receiving new blocks, meaning that lagging peers catch up more often and much faster than before.

Modularity
While efforts toward scalability are ongoing, 0.8.0 brings a much needed step in the right direction. Under 0.8.0 all existing API’s have been extracted into their own modules so that future developments to the Lisk API are far easier to implement.
The binary builds also received some modularity/scalability improvements. We have moved away from Forever as the process manager and replaced it with PM2. PM2 offers much greater flexibility and control of the node process with some performance monitoring features and the required modularity to easily support multiple Lisk processes.

Lisk UI
A large number of bug fixes have been applied to the user-interface component of the Lisk client. The fixes include improved responsiveness on mobile devices, better feedback when placing votes, a more accurate sync progress indicator, the proper removal of user data on logout, and a performance fix related to the display of forging statistics. All of these fixes should help provide a better experience for users awaiting the planned Lisk Nano 1.0.0 release, that will eventually replace Lisk UI as the main user-interface for Lisk.

GPLv3
One final thing of note for these releases is that we are moving from The MIT License to the GPLv3 license. While this has no direct impact on the code itself, it is important to properly license our code in a way that the Lisk Foundation receives recognition on its open-sourced products. Code prior to this release will remain MIT licensed but going forward from Lisk 0.8.0 all new code will fall under GPLv3. If you wish to know more about the differences between the GPL and MIT licenses, please read the article: GPL vs. MIT: Which License to Use.

Summary
Lisk 0.8.0 yields significant performance gains through faster syncing, more efficient use of the database, and greater stability through the resolution of some bugs, continuing to improve upon the solid foundation established by previous releases. This release, along with the planned minor release of 0.9.0, lays the basis for our first major release, Lisk v1.0.0. A complete list of changes can be seen in the release log on GitHub. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Original Blog Post

The reason is btc price. I took out a short on okcoin but now Im starting to get worried about my position as trend is hesitating to reverse. Once btc gets knocked down by a nice chinese punch things will get back to norm. I dont even read all these little bullshit news in lsk, ion, iota threads and I doubt eveyone else pays attention to them. There are bigger things in the works that overshadow these posts lol.
MrPresident

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 07:49:28 AM

Leaked Transcript:
https://goo.gl/2MBMVD

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!
   Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
Poly#Crypto

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 11:33:13 AM

Lol. The mods here allow every garbage.
But if I post once in 3 months a smiley then that will be deleted.
Poly#Crypto

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 11:45:04 AM

Okay, back to the topic.

Today I've updated the list of exchanges and services for Lisk.

Exchanges/ trading platforms with various futures like margin trading or several trading pairs:

Decentralized exchanges:

Modern, fast and easy to use exchanges focused on swap, buy or sell cryptocurrencies:

Payment Services & Others:

Market Capitalization, Charts & Analyses:

Last Update: April 13, 2017

Lisk Forum: https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1478

If you have still found other listings please let me know.
4emily

Activity: 577

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:05:44 PM

Anyone-else experiencing problems accessing their Polo account. I'm getting following message  every time I try to log in, using Firefox and Chrome,.

LOGGED OUT
Your session has expired or you have signed out from another window.
Please sign in to trade or press OK continue.

Huh
Lisk-investor

Activity: 335

Lisk the future is bright!

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:32:04 PM

Anyone-else experiencing problems accessing their Polo account. I'm getting following message  every time I try to log in, using Firefox and Chrome,.

LOGGED OUT
Your session has expired or you have signed out from another window.
Please sign in to trade or press OK continue.

Huh

you still using internet exploder?  just use firefox its the best.

GiuliaC

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:13:33 PM

Hi,

what is Lisk team current Byteball holding?
And is it expected they will be redistributed to Lisk holders?
Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:19:47 PM

Hi,

This Financial Report could help you out.

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
GiuliaC

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:23:49 PM

Hi,

Well, that's better than nothing, but I expected the current number. Thanks anyway.
nyanhtet

Activity: 476

Bawga

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:31:51 PM

Hi,

Well, that's better than nothing, but I expected the current number. Thanks anyway.

You can click on link, but I copied for you. This is new current number.

https://explorer.byteball.org/#XCQ3LC6BSRGLPKC6LDQBTHZBKHLGIS5B

Website | Blog | Reddit | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
  Lisk Delegate - Communitypool: 80% reward sharing delegate
Transparency Report
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 02:36:26 PM

Hi,

Asking how much they hold is a legit concern. However its still unclear what they are doing currently? Shaving their armpits to make them look smoother and more pleasant to touch or what. Oh man why waste time on doing shit to ur armpits causing skin rash around underarm area when u can manage ur time orders of magnitude more effectively, develop a cross blockchain gateway for example.

nyanhtet

Activity: 476

Bawga

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:42:00 PM

Asking how much they hold is a legit concern. However its still unclear what they are doing currently? Shaving their armpits to make them look smoother and more pleasant to touch or what. Oh man why waste time on doing shit to ur armpits causing skin rash around underarm area when u can manage ur time orders of magnitude more effectively, develop a cross blockchain gateway for example.

It is funny that new version released yesterday and someone ask here what are they doing.  Smiley

Website | Blog | Reddit | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
  Lisk Delegate - Communitypool: 80% reward sharing delegate
Transparency Report
GiuliaC

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:47:43 PM

Hi,

You can click on link, but I copied for you. This is new current number.

https://explorer.byteball.org/#XCQ3LC6BSRGLPKC6LDQBTHZBKHLGIS5B

Ah yes, thank you, I missed it was a link to the byteball explorer.
Chevas Regal

Activity: 378

www.tgtcoins.com/ico

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 06:13:39 PM

Lisk holders are happy today  Cheesy as after a long day i can finally see a bullish trend , i want to see more green candlestick this week.
I think this week is the last time when one can expect to buy cheap lisk , with a dip of bitcoin, lisk has checked its support and it will move 1-2-3 movement.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀██████████
███████▀▄▄█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▀▀██████
████▀▄█████████████████████▄▀████
███ ██████████▀▀▀████████████ ███
██ ███████████   █████████████▄▀█
█ █▌████████▀▀   ▀▀▀▀████████▐█ █
▌▐█ ██████████  ▐████████████▌██▐
▌██▐████████         ████████▌▐█▐
▌▐█ ██████████  ▐████████████▌██▐
█ █▄██████████  ▐████████████▄█ █
██ ███████████▄  ▀▀▀ █████████▀▄█
███ ████████████▄▄▄▄█████████ ███
████▄▀█████████████████████▀▄████
██████▄▄▀▀██▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█▀▀▄▄██████
██████████▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄██████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Target Coin

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄██▀                ▀██▄
▐██                ██  ██▌
██▌      ▄▄████▄▄  ▀▀  ▐██
██▌    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀██▄    ▐██
██▌   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██
██▌   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██
██▌    ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀    ▐██
██▌      ▀▀████▀▀      ▐██
▐██                    ██▌
 ▀██▄                ▄██▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀

Lisk-investor

Activity: 335

Lisk the future is bright!

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 06:25:26 PM

Lisk holders are happy today  Cheesy as after a long day i can finally see a bullish trend , i want to see more green candlestick this week.
I think this week is the last time when one can expect to buy cheap lisk , with a dip of bitcoin, lisk has checked its support and it will move 1-2-3 movement.

i think you are right. happy i did bought some more last days.  expecting to see 40k will be new bottem testing verry soon

Pages: « 1 ... 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 [1959] 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 ... 2268 »
  Print  

Jump to: