Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:08:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 [1970] 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 ... 2268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3072981 times)
iimpact

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:58:24 AM

Would you complain to the bitcoin miners for not doing anything for bitcoin development?
The miners throw more and more money on the hardware to increase their hash-rate, for getting more dividends.

For me delegates in LISK are similar to the miners in BTC.
The problem here is everyone is expecting the delegates to do awesome work or give a good share of their forged LISK back to the community.
Just like the BTC space, the progress doesn't have to come from the delegates, its the community which drives the progress.

If you believe in LISK, you buy, you hold and you promote, eventually the value and awareness of LISK will increase and you make good returns.
For delegates, with DPOS architecture, its inevitable that groups will be formed and if you are willing to throw lots of money at it, buy loads of LISK and join them.
Unfortunately this is the harsh reality and I don't see any solution to this delegate problem.

BTC mining is totally different system so it's not comparable. Earning 3000 EUR per months for having 10$ VPS installed to forge Lisk is a madness.
DPOS is cool because you can actually make delegates work for the LISK and this is what my proposal is all about. And yes there is a solution, I wrote it in the post you quoted and I think it would solve the problem.

I hope Max and Isabelle see it and take it as a suggestion to solve current problem that we have and make delegates efficient.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bluedude

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:06:02 PM

Would you complain to the bitcoin miners for not doing anything for bitcoin development?
The miners throw more and more money on the hardware to increase their hash-rate, for getting more dividends.

For me delegates in LISK are similar to the miners in BTC.
The problem here is everyone is expecting the delegates to do awesome work or give a good share of their forged LISK back to the community.
Just like the BTC space, the progress doesn't have to come from the delegates, its the community which drives the progress.

If you believe in LISK, you buy, you hold and you promote, eventually the value and awareness of LISK will increase and you make good returns.
For delegates, with DPOS architecture, its inevitable that groups will be formed and if you are willing to throw lots of money at it, buy loads of LISK and join them.
Unfortunately this is the harsh reality and I don't see any solution to this delegate problem.

BTC mining is totally different system so it's not comparable. Earning 3000 EUR per months for having 10$ VPS installed to forge Lisk is a madness.
DPOS is cool because you can actually make delegates work for the LISK and this is what my proposal is all about. And yes there is a solution, I wrote it in the post you quoted and I think it would solve the problem.

I hope Max and Isabelle see it and take it as a suggestion to solve current problem that we have and make delegates efficient.
>> Earning 3000 EUR per months for having 10$ VPS installed to forge Lisk is a madness.
So you discounted the money spent for buying LISK to get you in a forging position? Its not freely distributed, right?
People who believed in LISK invested in it and you could have done the same too -- in fact its still doable. Smiley

I dont think we will ever reach a consensus in our discussion as the topic is very sensitive to many here.
I am really looking forward to hear the proposition which brings value to all.  Wink
Turing

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:07:15 PM

LSK deposit at PoloniEx is broken, again...
Mandy1749

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:15:25 PM

1.nearly all of these guys talking about the problem of DPOS and group have never been a delegate and will never be a deletgate ..you guys never know what is the biggest problem to be a delegate. and you have no idea about what is the real problem before Elite comes out.

so let me tell you something you never know.

you are a developer, you want to be a delegate...so...what can you do to be a delegate? you have to be show up in lisk.chat everyday ...and call for votes....and the most important things is ..you would never get enough vote weight unless you swap votes with the others....so..you have to swap votes every day and keep your position save.....and we know that you have a full time job and you need to pay some time of swaping votes...and pay some time for developing project for Lisk.....so....you know what is the problem? it's wasting time to swap votes but you have to ...because you will drop out of 101 if you dont do that....you cant expect these "community voters" to support you...it's far from enough...just because most of the community voters are too lazy to vote for delegate.and most of them just want to make profit from polo.

and most of these community voters never know that there have over 30 ARK foundation team member was forging on Lisk main...the ark foundation member use the ico wallet of ARK to vote for themself with 4.7M lisk....they forging on Lisk and dump Lisk to make profit..and feed ark project..that is the main reason why the price of Lisk drop to 7700 sat two month ago....these sucker just suck the blood from Lisk investor to feed their project....does anyone know these story???

what is the forging stuation now? Elite beated ARK ,and kicked most of Ark foundation member out of 101 now...and Elite member start to vote for these delegate who have real project and do contribution to Lisk network and bring them back into 101...and push these delegate who do nothing to Lisk and just forging and dumping...

Elite is a Centralized group. that is right...but Decentralization is not the only way to run Lisk ecosystem. why cant we have a Centralized organization On the basis of Decentralize network....

2.increase the number of delegate is just the most Stupid way to fix "these delegate problem", and i dont see any problem for now...and what i can see is some guys who never know about how to be delegate and what real DPOS is, and just keep talking about they found a "problem" on DPOS...i dont think these "smart guys" are smarter then the creater of DPOS.
bluedude

Activity: 714

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:23:09 PM

It's very difficult to compare Lisk Delegates (DPOS) to that of BTC mining (POW). While I can understand the analogy, choosing a Delegates is a democratically process and thus they are heavily involved within the community. A delegate position comes with far more responsibility than many people believe. DPOS and POW are nothing alike, and they should not be compared; there's way too much social behavior involved within DPOS that does not matter for POW.
DPOS doesnt have to come up with far more responsibility.
The network should be empowered to kick any delegate out, who is not sticking to the rules. (Like continuously missing 100 blocks for example)
By running a LISK delegate, I don't like committing myself to babysit the delegate 24 hours a day.
I got my own personal life and I may be unable to reach out for a prolonged period of time, when things actually go wrong in the network.
The misbehaving delegates should automatically be kicked out by the network without any social intervention from any of us.
My 2 cents. Wink
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:24:26 PM

I think DPOS is a great system, we just need to find a way to get rid of mafia teams like Team elite who give only a little piece of stake back to the community. The thing is they give something back and people will rather get few coins from them than vote for someone with cool project which takes time to deliver and it might never deliver at all.
So for the beginning I hope we can replace Team Elite with POOLS which will give us a much better return than Team Elite which promises nothing really. You can get into 101 though Team Elite just because you have a lot of coins and only thing you "owe" to the community is that little percentage that all team elite members need to give to the pool.

So Team Elite members don't really have the motivation to build something more for the Lisk with those funds because they are easily keeping their delegate spots just by being in the mafia network who back each other with a lot of votes. So currently Team Elite is only an inflation for the Lisk project with few individuals that actually use Lisk for something else except building a fortune on it. This is our current problem that needs to be solved.

SOLUTION

All other delegates should offer more percentage than Team Elite back to the voters and cool projects but they should do it systematically like Team Elite so that the voters are sure to get their Lisk without any mambo jumbo, and to get this I propose that Lisk team builds a delegate dashboard with timeframes, numbers and projects proposals.
With the dashboard a delegate would setup the % of shares that he is returning to the voters and the timeframe in which percentage will be LOCKED. Payouts to the voters would be automatic. Also it would be easy and transparent to see project proposals and updates and history. This way we would be able to keep track of everything easily rather then using a forum which is a mess when it comes to tracking.
With this system you can easily knock out someone from voting if you see he's not doing what he initially proposed and took money for.

The major problem here is that voters require anything for their votes. This is basically buying votes - it's called corruption, and usually corruption is wrong.
Even from your proposal it's clear that the major flaw of DPoS is that you can't get rid of the corruption because both voters and delegates are incentivized to defend it.
Your proposal is clearly politics because of many unclear definitions like:
-delegates should offer more percentage -> what percentage? who defines the percentage? what if someone doesn't want to pay - are you going to ban him? if payouts were automatic it would basically mean lower block reward, so wouldn't it be easier to make it lower without all this blah blah?
-back to the voters and cool projects -> what are cool projects? who defines what is cool?
-they should do it systematically -> what do you mean with systematically? once per week? once a month? what if someone can't pay because of something?
-we would be able to keep track of everything easily -> you mean like in North Korea?
Yefet

Activity: 643
Merit: 501

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:25:36 PM

Its funny that nobody has seen this as a big problem for the last year, when most of the complaining are safely forging in the top 101.

Actually many have seen it as a problem, and I guess you know it.
In the long run DPoS is terrible idea that is leading to corruption and centralization.

If we make the network more decentralized, increasing the number of delegates 3 times this will be normal solution. I do not mean exactly three times, it may be different number.

Not sure if increasing the number of delegates would be a "normal solution" as the more delegates are in the network the slower the network becomes,

look @ARK & BitShares - they both decrease the number of delegates "to maximize efficiency in the network and to continue to offer cutting edge block times and throughput" as BoldNinja explained in his post DPoS and ARK Voting Explained

PS

btw voting pools are the great incentive for the ordinary users to "hodl" the coin  thus decreasing its volatility etc.
someonesomeone

Activity: 933

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:35:58 PM

To know what Lisk nano is you must know about Lisk... I am talking first time people who know nothing about Lisk, for those the website must be working at all times at its best. So I disagree that this will solve the issue...

This:

Unusable official website as it is constantly under DDOS attack.The website is the face of your coin to the open world and I would like to see proper measures put in place to mitigate these type of attacks and enhance user experience.

I see this as a huge problem because it gives the whole project a bad rep because any new people usually go to the official website first and start the Lisk journey with a bad experience.

It will eliminate with Lisk nano 1.0.0 . With new nano, you can create second passphrase, can register delegate, can vote more easily.

Follow development :https://github.com/LiskHQ/lisk-nano/projects/4
Litemit

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:38:55 PM

LSK is pumping  Cheesy
Can we hit 50k today?

BtcMan2009

Activity: 1022
Merit: 340

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:48:36 PM

LSK is pumping  Cheesy
Can we hit 50k today?

Today we unlikely to 50k. Very similar to that in the next 2 days will be at 60k price. I still see so price. And in general it is better not to sell. It will be a long time to grow and develop. I look at it and enjoy it. Wink
nyanhtet

Activity: 476

Bawga

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:12:43 PM

To know what Lisk nano is you must know about Lisk... I am talking first time people who know nothing about Lisk, for those the website must be working at all times at its best. So I disagree that this will solve the issue...

This:

Unusable official website as it is constantly under DDOS attack.The website is the face of your coin to the open world and I would like to see proper measures put in place to mitigate these type of attacks and enhance user experience.

I see this as a huge problem because it gives the whole project a bad rep because any new people usually go to the official website first and start the Lisk journey with a bad experience.

It will eliminate with Lisk nano 1.0.0 . With new nano, you can create second passphrase, can register delegate, can vote more easily.

Follow development :https://github.com/LiskHQ/lisk-nano/projects/4

Sry, misunderstanding. I think article meant login.lisk.io. But website is working and less downtime ever I think. No one told lisk.io is down these days.

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!         
  Website | Blog | Reddit | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
  Lisk Delegate - Communitypool: 80% reward sharing delegate
Transparency Report
Lisk-investor

Activity: 335

Lisk the future is bright!

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:41:39 PM

its verry easy to understand why so much ppl voted for elite group. elite group gives something back 25% its not much but better then nothing. deligates need to share more with the voters to change the top101. or stsy left behind.

sure there are some delegates that doing alot for lisk but they also should share profit else they will be out the top101 verry soon.

its also verry smart to vote for some more pools that sharing 80% or more. if we get 2/5 more pools in the top101 we will earn way more lisk.

so if you havent voted for pools that are higher then 101 please make some time to vote for them. liskpool 02 or something like that.
community need to work together to get more pools in the top101.

and about the price rise. its a healty staidy rise. better not sell this low. its verry early to sell. we are just starting..  50/60k in next comming days would be nice. but i will also smile and not sell any lisk. to much good things wilm come in the future.

lokojones

Activity: 368

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:06:39 PM

its verry easy to understand why so much ppl voted for elite group. elite group gives something back 25% its not much but better then nothing. deligates need to share more with the voters to change the top101. or stsy left behind.

sure there are some delegates that doing alot for lisk but they also should share profit else they will be out the top101 verry soon.

its also verry smart to vote for some more pools that sharing 80% or more. if we get 2/5 more pools in the top101 we will earn way more lisk.

so if you havent voted for pools that are higher then 101 please make some time to vote for them. liskpool 02 or something like that.
community need to work together to get more pools in the top101.

and about the price rise. its a healty staidy rise. better not sell this low. its verry early to sell. we are just starting..  50/60k in next comming days would be nice. but i will also smile and not sell any lisk. to much good things wilm come in the future.

agree, we should have more pools in 101 to rebalance all delegates, at leat 50%
so lets vote for pools above 101...

Regards

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                          ██████████████
                           ▀████████████
                             ███████████
             ▄▄▄▄          ▄████████████
           ▄██████▄      ▄███████▀▀█████
         ▄██████████▄  ▄███████▀    ▀██▀
       ▄█████████████████████▀
     ▄███████▀ ▀███████████▀
   ▄███████▀     ▀███████▀
 ▄███████▀         ▀███▀
 ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀
......███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...                 ▄▄▄▄▄
                 ████████▄▄
                 ████████████▄
                     ▀▀████████▄
           ▄▄▄██████▄▄   ▀▀██████▄
         ▄██████████████▄▄  ▀█████▄
       ▄███████████████████▄  ▀█████
      ██████▀▀       ▀▀██████  ▀█████
     █████▀                     █████
    █████               █████████████▌
     █████▄                     █████
      ██████▄▄       ▄▄██████  ▄█████
       ▀███████████████████▀  ▄█████
         ▀███████████████▀   ▄█████▀
            ▀▀██████▀▀▀   ▄▄██████▀
                      ▄▄████████▀
                 ████████████▀
                 ████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀▀▀

.........███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...............███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
yinyangpool

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:17:29 PM

agree, we should have more pools in 101 to rebalance all delegates, at leat 50%
so lets vote for pools above 101...

Regards

Been trying to get some votes, but people doesn't seem to be interested to vote for pools anymore.
With such high approval rating for forging delegates, I can understand I guess. But I won't be giving up.

yin - Will pay out 70% all forged block rewards to it's voters.
https://explorer.lisk.io/address/16919148482027362562L
yang - Will pay out 70% all forged block rewards to it's voters.
https://explorer.lisk.io/address/15034777767958942424L

But as yin should never be without yang, if you maintain balance in the universe and vote for both they
will pay out of 85% of all rewards forged!

I know that most new pools don't get many votes, as people don't think it matters to vote until they are ready to enter 101, but that is not true!

Every vote matters!

Vote Now for Yin and Yang!
iimpact

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:39:55 PM

what percentage? who defines the percentage? what if someone doesn't want to pay - are you going to ban him? if payouts were automatic it would basically mean lower block reward, so wouldn't it be easier to make it lower without all this blah blah?

Well if you want to get into top 101 you would obviously need to offer more pere percentage. With current system you can offer what ever you want and you still won't get into top 101 without spamming the shit out of all forums and chats. This is why dashboard from Lisk core team would be cool because you could see the list of delegates with most percentage or with most stars on their project rated by Lisk holders.
Percentage is defined by the delegate ofc.

what are cool projects? who defines what is cool?

Market, every token holder.

what do you mean with systematically? once per week? once a month? what if someone can't pay because of something?

Yeah, week, day, month it's all ok if it's written down and locked by the contract. You must pay, you have a contract so certain amount of your forged Lisk would be locked so that you can pay the shares to the voters who support you.

-we would be able to keep track of everything easily -> you mean like in North Korea?

Not really, more like in some transparent society where government gives you the permission to see everything they are working on and the funds they spend on it.
If transparent way is North Korea for you then I cannot imagine how you see the current messy way.
Lisk-investor

Activity: 335

Lisk the future is bright!

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:04:51 PM

liskpool_com_03

is a good pool. lets spead the word. vote for it get another pool in top101   vote for liskpool_com_3

Turing

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:46:34 PM

LSK deposit at PoloniEx is broken, again...

Update: they fixed it
ClaudioC

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:30:31 PM

Bullshit, check who get huge reward's from Elite pool.. Or better I will say you - Elite members
Gillette

Activity: 744

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 07:00:46 PM

Lisk began waking up
Equalizer1970

Activity: 623

Fortune favours the bold!

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 07:04:04 PM

Lisk began waking up
What's amazing is LISK is going up while BTC is going up!
Pages: « 1 ... 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 [1970] 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 ... 2268 »
  Print  

Jump to: