Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:31:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 [2007] 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 ... 2268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3072981 times)
philhellmuth

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

Forging Lisk delegate philhellmuth 35% SHARE POOL

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 08:45:26 AM

As a blooming developer I have been using solidity as geth has a javascript console in the CLI. also you can import .json files. Lisk is intriguing to me as I am more interested in the tech and determining for myself how useful it is from a developers standpoint. What MAJOR differences does it offer? In the future when companies will need developers to manage their blockchains what would make a company choose lisk for their tokens blockchain over ethereum? Once you answer that question then you have a solid answer to lisks future and where it will sit in the emerging blockchain industry.

Here is a text I'm writing for my next video on Wild Promotion Youtube channel. I collected that from forum and Reddit.

"To make a project on Ethereum blockchain you will need to learn programming language called Solidity which is pretty young, unproven language and still doesn't have a big pool of developers.
On the other hand Lisk tends to focus on the JavaScript developers only which is a good decision because it's well known that Javascript pool of coders is huge.
There is an argument out there that you can develop on Ethereum using Javascript but this is only half the truth. At Ethereum you can use JavaScript for the dapp front end, and Solidity for the dapp back-end. So to develop on Ethereum you will still need to learn Solidity.
Ethereum is doing smart contracts which are all saved on one blockchain. If you want to develop a dapp in Ethereum you need to connect the functionalities of several smart contracts.
In Lisk you get a complete package. You don't develop single smart contracts. You build an entire application which is running on its own blockchain. It's like you develop a new crypto-currency platform with an extended feature-set. As a developer you just need to implement the necessary new features on the top of already existing platform.
Another argument which would favour Ethereum and go against Lisk on the first sight is that Javascript uses floating point which means some things get approximated and digits get lost in certain cases.
Founder of Lisk response to that argument is that for big numbers Lisk is using bignumber.js. He says it's not about the language you choose, it's about your coding skills. If you know what you are doing JavaScript is entirely fine.
When it comes to security at Ethereum there are "rules" directly embedded into their compiler, so if the developers do a mistake and the consensus is broken, then the dapp needs a hard fork.
On the other hand at Lisk, developers just have to follow rules, so if there is a problem it's totally fine because the dapp is only running in a sidechain.
This is a huge security advantage for Lisk. If a dapp fails, the Lisk network doesn't even hiccup. However, if one smart contract on Ethereum fails, it can mean game over for Ethereum."

Vote for forging Lisk delegate philhellmuth 35% SHARE POOL and start collecting weekly rewards!

WildPromotion - Crypto related Youtube channel! | Lisk girl - Only Lisk Youtube channel!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
corsaro
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:29:08 AM

Eventually as LISK becomes more popular and the price increases I think there will be greater delegate competition forcing elitegroup to provide greater pool rewards or risk being superseeded by others...

consider too that as soon as SDK will be released, there will be the need of delegates for sidechains.
Developers can choose to have separate delegates for their sidechains, so there will be great possibilities to forge sidechains for a lot of people
corsaro
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:34:49 AM

I did a small example on howto broadcast already signed tx on lisk network.
Someone can be interested

https://github.com/corsaro1/lisk_broadcast
hmachado

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:35:36 AM

I remember having tried software to handle delegates but did not remember the name, some help? Huh Huh

Not sure what you mean but you can look at most of Lisk Tools here:

https://liskgdt.net/contributions

They are all open source.

corsaro
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:37:10 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2017, 11:45:10 AM by corsaro

Guys, tomorrow GDTpool will do its first payout.

To receive it, just vote "gdtpool" delegate plus all 33 GDT members https://liskgdt.net/members

You can check your voting level, just going to https://pool.liskgdt.net/stats or to https://pool.liskgdt.net/account

No need to register, no need to put your data on centralized web sites. Just vote all 33 GDT members plus "gdtpool".

That's all folks
https://liskgdt.net/
TeamMollyMassive

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

My girls in my trap team all Baggin Cryptos!!!

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 10:57:59 AM

As a blooming developer I have been using solidity as geth has a javascript console in the CLI. also you can import .json files. Lisk is intriguing to me as I am more interested in the tech and determining for myself how useful it is from a developers standpoint. What MAJOR differences does it offer? In the future when companies will need developers to manage their blockchains what would make a company choose lisk for their tokens blockchain over ethereum? Once you answer that question then you have a solid answer to lisks future and where it will sit in the emerging blockchain industry.

Here is a text I'm writing for my next video on Wild Promotion Youtube channel. I collected that from forum and Reddit.

"To make a project on Ethereum blockchain you will need to learn programming language called Solidity which is pretty young, unproven language and still doesn't have a big pool of developers.
On the other hand Lisk tends to focus on the JavaScript developers only which is a good decision because it's well known that Javascript pool of coders is huge.
There is an argument out there that you can develop on Ethereum using Javascript but this is only half the truth. At Ethereum you can use JavaScript for the dapp front end, and Solidity for the dapp back-end. So to develop on Ethereum you will still need to learn Solidity.
Ethereum is doing smart contracts which are all saved on one blockchain. If you want to develop a dapp in Ethereum you need to connect the functionalities of several smart contracts.
In Lisk you get a complete package. You don't develop single smart contracts. You build an entire application which is running on its own blockchain. It's like you develop a new crypto-currency platform with an extended feature-set. As a developer you just need to implement the necessary new features on the top of already existing platform.
Another argument which would favour Ethereum and go against Lisk on the first sight is that Javascript uses floating point which means some things get approximated and digits get lost in certain cases.
Founder of Lisk response to that argument is that for big numbers Lisk is using bignumber.js. He says it's not about the language you choose, it's about your coding skills. If you know what you are doing JavaScript is entirely fine.
When it comes to security at Ethereum there are "rules" directly embedded into their compiler, so if the developers do a mistake and the consensus is broken, then the dapp needs a hard fork.
On the other hand at Lisk, developers just have to follow rules, so if there is a problem it's totally fine because the dapp is only running in a sidechain.
This is a huge security advantage for Lisk. If a dapp fails, the Lisk network doesn't even hiccup. However, if one smart contract on Ethereum fails, it can mean game over for Ethereum."

Your not wrong at all and that is a really good point. Solidity contracts have something called gas and it takes a small amount of ether to deploy a contract. I am new to development but i am learning all cryptos as well as solidity. Does Lisk have a feature  where you spend an amount of lisk to deploy a contract? Can any developer with a wallet deploy a sidechain?

techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 11:02:22 AM

Guys, tomorrow GDTpool will do its first payout.

To receive it, just vote "gdtpool" delegate plus all 33 GDT members https://liskgdt.net/members

You can check your voting level, just going to https://pool.liskgdt.net/stats or to https://pool.liskgdt.net/account

No need to register, no need to put your data on centralized web sites. Just vote all GDT members plus "gdtpool".

That's all folks
https://liskgdt.net/

And most importantly all shared Lisk are payout to community voters and not back to GDT members like some other group are doing, paying back to themselves.  Now that is real sharing.

-tb-

rogerajacto

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:35:43 PM

Team Elite members so far forged around 2.8 million Lisk. Out of that they gave 30% to the community, that's 840 000. The rest they kept for themselves, that's around 2 million Lisk.

Is there anything else needed to say?

Why is Lisk hardly moving with the price?
Because those guys, Team Elite, they are leeches, pure inflation for the Lisk ecosystem. They built few useless tools with over 2 million $ in their pockets, lol disgrace.

Even worse, they call other delegates, GDP members competition and they don't give them votes even for 90% pool. Fcking joke.

You guys have no shame to present yourself as great contributors of Lisk lol. "We're securing the network" Cheesy Only thing you're securing is your pockets. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

The Elite group receives their own rewards, they dont give 30% to the community.
They vote themselfs with 8 millions and outside voters give them 4 millions, so a big slice of rewards go back to Elite pockets.

The 30% share they claim is actually A LOT less since they get most of it back.
Here is an example, anyone can see it in the Blockchain

https://i.imgur.com/4HvSDUk.jpg (134kB)

On top of that, they already have 60 forging slots out of 101.
Not only they dont have any contribution to Lisk, no known projects of any kind, they are also contributing for Lisk centralization.

Soon Elite will control all delegate spots and all developers now supporting Lisk will move to other projects. Many already did.

techbytes
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 05:06:05 PM

Delegate bangomatic making first LISK giveaway payout this Sunday.  Vote now to get your share.

https://cryptopools.com/bangomatic

-tb-

Lisk-investor

Activity: 335

Lisk the future is bright!

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 05:13:59 PM

LOL it's funny how some delegates increased sharing pool from 0 to 10 % or to 35% when they got kicked from 101. Well you fools why do you think you deserve more than 200 $ a month? To pay for VPS LOL?!?!

Every one with less than 60% pool should fuck off from top 101. This is why I dont like Lisk Elite, this guys are getting 8000-9000 EUR a month each. What is their contribution for that money? Maintaining the network with VPS's?
The worst thing is you cannot kick them out, they are stuck there, fcking mafia.

sure you can do this. its way easyer then you would thought.
wel gdt pool is forging and showing they give more lisk then flite pool people will think twice..
and if another group is created with 30 members that also do alot for lisk and give 25/40% more payout. then liskelite will be finished verry soon..

if they would raise the payouts then it will be to late.. people will feel screwed upp.
they could better double the payouts verry soon or i see this really happen in the future. its upp to them. but i wont see liskelite hold its position verry long.  another group could beat them that easy.

BossBee

Activity: 680
Merit: 540

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 05:34:04 PM

Where is the slack channel

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
dotnetmin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 05:53:14 PM

@ hagie, i do not really understand how this system works. Do i have to sign up at a pool and vote on the pool rules to get shares or is it enough to vote to get a piece of the cake.
By the way i have tested the voting system to learn how it works, i also give a vote to your node.
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 05:55:05 PM

Where is the slack channel

We don't want that Slack owns our user's data, therefore we are hosting an open source Slack clone called Rocket.Chat ourselves.

https://lisk.chat/

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
olejegcord

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

UX/UI-designer

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 05:57:46 PM

Vote for my Pool "olejegcord", the voting award is 90%. Now my pool is 130, all a few votes, and you can get your reward from the pool.

My pool https://adlisk.pro | Delegate "olejegcord" - 90% profit sharing

Lisk-investor

Activity: 335

Lisk the future is bright!

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:01:14 PM

LOL it's funny how some delegates increased sharing pool from 0 to 10 % or to 35% when they got kicked from 101. Well you fools why do you think you deserve more than 200 $ a month? To pay for VPS LOL?!?!

Every one with less than 60% pool should fuck off from top 101. This is why I dont like Lisk Elite, this guys are getting 8000-9000 EUR a month each. What is their contribution for that money? Maintaining the network with VPS's?
The worst thing is you cannot kick them out, they are stuck there, fcking mafia.

wel gdt pool is forging and showing they give more lisk then flite pool people will think twice..
and if another group is created with 30 members that also do alot for lisk and give 25/40% more payout. then liskelite will be finished verry soon..

if they would raise the payouts then it will be to late.. people will feel screwed upp.
they could better double the payouts verry soon or i see this really happen in the future. its upp to them. but i wont see liskelite hold its position verry long.  another group could beat them that easy.

so the best pool we got is GDT pool right now. happy voter

techbytes
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:11:27 PM

so the best pool we got is GDT pool right now. happy voter

There are plenty of pools out there for voters to earn more Lisk.  Check out bioly Lisk reward calculator and see for yourself.

http://tools.mylisk.com/calculator.php

-tb-

techbytes
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:44:29 PM

Delegate bangomatic is now FORGING!  Vote now to get 50% share plus 1000 Lisk giveaway during the month of June.

http://bangomatic.mylisk.com

-tb-

gerb

Activity: 468

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:10:39 PM

Why is Lisk hardly moving with the price?
Because those guys, Team Elite, they are leeches, pure inflation for the Lisk ecosystem. They built few useless tools with over 2 million $ in their pockets, lol disgrace.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Always 101 delegates they are leeches of Lisk HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! let's don't have delegates and lets not have inflation on any coin! HAHAHAHAHAHAH
techbytes
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:17:44 PM

Earn even more Lisk by voting delegate bitseed into 101 (currently #103).  Bitseed is also sharing 50%.  More pools, more Lisk for everyone.

-tb-

Turing

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:28:06 PM

Compare this topic to the ETH or Waves topic.

At Lisk, all I see is "delegates", "pools" and more "delegates"...
Pages: « 1 ... 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 [2007] 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 ... 2268 »
  Print  

Jump to: