Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:06:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunny King talked about why Peercoin hasn't yet supported cold minting  (Read 256 times)
hicaribou (OP)

Activity: 815
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 06:23:16 PM

Original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/44egkp/is_cold_locked_minting_still_under_development/

Sentinelrv: I last spoke to Sunny about this in April 2015. Here are two quotes from that conversation...

"As to cold minting feature, I am not interested in getting into a feature competition with a commercial project like neucoin. If they want to claim they got there first, then so be it (I thought NXT already had it). We have to get full understanding of all future implications, including long-term support cost with regard to bitcoin merges and so on. There are important difference with a commercial project and a volunteer project, a commercial project can afford to increase complexity and just deal with it by throwing money after it. Whereas a volunteer project, increase of complexity could very much mean the end of it."

"As to Mike's work, I am by no means degrading Mike's proposal and implementation, it might very well be accepted as is later. And I very much appreciate what Mike has done to peercoin project. The thing is, I haven't yet given enough thoughts into the implementation details, I guess others are probably in the same boat. So in my opinion we need to be patient. We want to be sure to be able to fully support the feature for many years down the road."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: