Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:39:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how can your account get hacked without them having acxess to your email?  (Read 2443 times)
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 05:22:02 PM

I put the fake information on the thread because I didn't know if this information should be seen by the public?

yeah that's what I think. but what are you doing here? aren't you supposed to be hacked?  Tongue
or did the real owner get his account back?

Today at 05:19:01 PM - cryptohunter - password reset via email
fast.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 05:30:35 PM

I put the fake information on the thread because I didn't know if this information should be seen by the public?

yeah that's what I think. but what are you doing here? aren't you supposed to be hacked?  Tongue
or did the real owner get his account back?

Today at 05:19:01 PM - cryptohunter - password reset via email
fast.

Ha yeah I thought I'd been double hacked and cryptohunter2 was gone now because it kept saying wrong password when i try to reply.

Then i press reset with email and logged in and i turned back to the real cryptohunter Smiley

Sadly I must say goodbye to cryptohunter2 it was a short lived but stressful existence on bct but better than not being here at all.

Excellent. I can go celebrate my legendary upgrade at last.

Thanks for your help with this to you and lauda especially but also to anyone that tried to help me out. Thanks guys SmileySmiley

I also feel sorry for any grumpy words moaning to mods and owner of the board Theymos . It's just frustration can get the best of us all at some time. Thanks for giving me my account back.

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 05:32:00 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2016, 05:45:20 PM by --Encrypted--

Ha yeah I thought I'd been double hacked and cryptohunter2 was gone now because it kept saying wrong password when i try to reply.

Then i press reset with email and logged in and i turned back to the real cryptohunter Smiley

Sadly I must say goodbye to cryptohunter2 it was a short lived but stressful existence on bct but better than not being here at all.

Thanks for your help with this to you and lauda especially but also to anyone that tried to help me out. Thanks guys SmileySmiley

care to prove it by signing a message from the address on the first post page? it'll get your neg off.

How often can you change your password?

you can change your pass as many time as you like. just don't abuse it.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 05:42:09 PM

care to prove it by signing a message from the address on the first post? it'll get your neg off.
you can change your pass as many time as you like.

do you mean make one more signed message from my original btc account like before?

ok i do it now and sync up my BTC  account and post it on here. I'm just going change my pass again to something better also

will take some time 29 weeks reindexing Sad

As you can see when i was cryptohunter2  I was asking if there any solution to my issues with btc wallet. Everytime a power cut then BTC wallet seems to get very upset and needs to reindex entire thing all over again.

I think this is soon going to destroy my ssd drive again.

sase007

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 05:48:00 PM

How can my account have been hacked here and the email linked to that account changed without them having access to the email account in the first place?

Is that even possible? how is it done?

theylmos  is not replying to my message
Nothing to be done now?

My old account

cryptohunter is still posting away on the forum.

Usually a guessed pasword is a result of this. CAn you offer a signed message for an address posted and quoted in the old account?

Admins won't respond unless you sign an address.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 05:52:44 PM

As you can see when i was cryptohunter2  I was asking if there any solution to my issues with btc wallet. Everytime a power cut then BTC wallet seems to get very upset and needs to reindex entire thing all over again.

you should be able to sign a message even while you're out of sync. if you can't then safe the private key so that you can import them to some other wallet.
or just post here using cryptohunter2 account. that should clear things up.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:00:28 PM

you should be able to sign a message even while you're out of sync. if you can't then safe the private key so that you can import them to some other wallet.
or just post here using cryptohunter2 account. that should clear things up.

cryptohunter2 is sadly dead... never mind I don't need two accounts anyway.

My original account cryptohunter was reset to the email of cryptohunter2 so i guess that killed poor old cryptohunter2.

I don't mind though and although it would be very kind to add my activity from from cryptohunter2 to cryptohunter - - i guess I must not be greedy Smiley haha and since legendary is all I wanted it's great to have finally made it.

Ok sure I try sign one even though still trying to index btc chain.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:04:46 PM

ok here we go

1DgagYPqnnrPz3kcHCYnB7YcBRZs5Uqw5m

will the real cryptohunter please stand up!

IDj5GuE+DyXYRvGntYk5EuKCmgEfo7hZzN8yoGTiknwHA4xtnuxKqoWxf544fd9Wbpdw21nS/QgGG+2nmVyxHf4=

hope this is correct or if not I try when all the index is completed.

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:09:23 PM

signature verified. but change that message to something more clear like "this is cryptohunter. today is xx-xx-xxxx and I have control of this account.".

that part about cryptohunter2 being inaccessible is odd though. but I'm not an admin so what do I know?

EDIT:
btw. you need to PM Vod with the link to your signed message.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:15:02 PM

ah okay

this is cryptohunter today is march 2nd 2016

ILhpu4I9cb75oKvMUez/55D8Bsw7O4421rqiA/GkxroMZNwAC1klLBExFDISLRff1iolsdtBgZBn1NSE6SZQafo=

that one look okay now?

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:17:26 PM

ah okay

this is cryptohunter today is march 2nd 2016

ILhpu4I9cb75oKvMUez/55D8Bsw7O4421rqiA/GkxroMZNwAC1klLBExFDISLRff1iolsdtBgZBn1NSE6SZQafo=

that one look okay now?

yeah. signature verified. now just PM Vod and ask him to remove his feedback.

oh. congratz on getting your account back.  Smiley
mexxer-2

Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:19:31 PM

1 more counter-negative feedback and his rating should return to 0 until Vod removes his neg
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:22:35 PM

cheers for help will send a pm to VOD right now.
thanks Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: