Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:30:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 21 Bitcoin Computer  (Read 825 times)
BlackJacky (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:59:24 AM

Hi folks,

Im thinking to buy the 21 Bitcoin Computer to dive deaper in the Bitcoin topic and gather some hands-on experience.

Is there any requirement for the laptop I should have?

Thanks in advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 10:11:30 AM

I had difficulty in understanding the concept. It appears to be a low powered interface to a mining pool that lends you Bitcoin. I couldn't find any reference to the repayment terms, or the conversion rates. It seems $400 or so isn't going to buy you much power. Have I mis-understood the concept?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 03:58:58 PM

it's not worth it, if you want soem experience with mining, buy a usb for mining bitcoin, more cheaper and the earning is trash anyway

besides this a cheap laptop or mini itx desktop will run it, without problem, just look at the wattage needed nothing else
OregonMines.com

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

OregonMines Official Account

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 11:33:41 PM

I had difficulty in understanding the concept. It appears to be a low powered interface to a mining pool that lends you Bitcoin. I couldn't find any reference to the repayment terms, or the conversion rates. It seems $400 or so isn't going to buy you much power. Have I mis-understood the concept?
This is not what the 21Co Bitcoin computer is for.

The purpose of it is for backend software, it just happens to also mine Bitcoin for development purposes so you can test your code.

BlackJacky if you are interested in programming your own app or payment processing system it would be something you may want. But I believe you can also get the install files and run the software off of a normal raspberry pi, you just wouldn't have the small amount of hashrate to fund any tests you would like to run, but you should be able to deposit funds into the online account to do that if you wanted.

If you were interested in getting started with Bitcoin and mining you should get a USB miner or depending on your budget a larger miner.

All of the people who say it's not a good bitcoin miner, they are 100% correct it isn't a bitcoin miner and should stop being referenced by consumers as one. It is a development kit that just so happens to be able to mine a small amount of BTC.

OregonMines - Co-located Hosting of Bitcoin and GPU miners. https://www.oregonmines.com - S9 @ $100 / mo, L3+ @ $70 / mo , 4U GPU units start @ $100 / mo in co-location fees. No setup fees. Limited space available today!
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 06:40:00 AM

I think it could connect to any computer. I think the device is for the test purpose for the programmers or merchants. check her https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3v66a4/check_out_the_21_bitcoin_computer_its_gaining/

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 12:47:36 PM

I like the idea of it. I think it's great that stuff like this is available. The people who are gonna buy it will be sharp enough to make their own ones so it does seem pointless. I don't read much about it on here. Are many people actively tinkering away with one of them?
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:03:49 PM

I like the idea of it. I think it's great that stuff like this is available. The people who are gonna buy it will be sharp enough to make their own ones so it does seem pointless. I don't read much about it on here. Are many people actively tinkering away with one of them?

There are people that have tinkered with them, but OregonMines has it spot on:

The purpose of it is for backend software, it just happens to also mine Bitcoin for development purposes so you can test your code.

Honestly it is a R-pi with a cool chip on it. I run a R-pi with USB miners and a computer with a full node. Currently over 60GB. I bet you could setup an R-PI with a hard drive or something and run a full node for less than $100. (R-Pi $30, 1TB HDD $50, USB to Sata $15)

OregonMines.com

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 07:24:34 PM

You might be right with that, but think of some of the larger companies that would not want to dedicate additional resources to building their own. Yes a tinkerer might do this but a corporation or larger company would rather pay a premium for it to be all right there in front of them with no additional expenditure required. For $400 they can buy a ready to go machine on Amazon and have a coder start working on the code, or they could pay a programmer, buy all the individual pieces, pay someone to put it all together then start coding.

OregonMines - Co-located Hosting of Bitcoin and GPU miners. https://www.oregonmines.com - S9 @ $100 / mo, L3+ @ $70 / mo , 4U GPU units start @ $100 / mo in co-location fees. No setup fees. Limited space available today!
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:27:43 PM

You might be right with that, but think of some of the larger companies that would not want to dedicate additional resources to building their own. Yes a tinkerer might do this but a corporation or larger company would rather pay a premium for it to be all right there in front of them with no additional expenditure required. For $400 they can buy a ready to go machine on Amazon and have a coder start working on the code, or they could pay a programmer, buy all the individual pieces, pay someone to put it all together then start coding.

Fair enough, I hadn't looked at it like that. And I believe 21 Bitcoin caters to investors and sort, so more commercialized and reaching for large businesses, rather than consumers. But at least they offer this to consumers.

OregonMines.com

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 08:07:17 PM

Fair enough, I hadn't looked at it like that. And I believe 21 Bitcoin caters to investors and sort, so more commercialized and reaching for large businesses, rather than consumers. But at least they offer this to consumers.
I think they are putting together a service, they wrote API's that can be used and a system to be used. The service they are offering is putting together a fully built system. As I said a tinkerer will devote time to putting one together themselves. A company would have to pay someone to do that, so why not just pay a company that builds them, its similar to why companies don't build their own PC's or workstations have someone who knows what their doing do it and pay them for the time instead of having to teach or have an employee learn how to do it. To a company time = money, they don't get free time they have to pay for it.

Parts: $100
Bitcoin chip: ??
Time to install: ??
Shipping Cost: $10
Profit to be made/offset R&D: ??
Total: $400

Its not just parts there are other costs that raise the price, when you take those into account its not that bad, for a tinkerer that would rather do it themselves they would feel its a rip off or for someone who wants to just use it as a BTC miner they might think that also. But for someone who would rather not spend the time getting everything and putting it together they would feel this is a great deal.

lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 10:28:49 PM

There are people that have tinkered with them, but OregonMines has it spot on:

Honestly it is a R-pi with a cool chip on it. I run a R-pi with USB miners and a computer with a full node. Currently over 60GB. I bet you could setup an R-PI with a hard drive or something and run a full node for less than $100. (R-Pi $30, 1TB HDD $50, USB to Sata $15)

The hardest thing to swallow with this 21btc R-pi is it's too expensive, for the small advantage of getting to mine a little bit.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
BlackJacky (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 03:03:42 PM

Thanks for all the replies Smiley

What do I need to start a little bit mining? I know, that I will be never profitable but its not about that. I just would like to understand everything better. What do I need?
BlackJacky (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 03:11:25 PM

Which Raspberry Pi do I need? I have found 2 on Amazon:

Raspberry Pi 2 - 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU, 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM, complete compatibility with Raspberry Pi 1 (39 Euro)

&

Raspberry Pi Model B+ Mainboard (GPIO polig, MicroSD Speicherkartenslot, HDMI, 4x USB 2.0) (32 Euro)

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: