Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:23:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finnish TV Instructs Women in Self-Defence - Video  (Read 1645 times)
galdur (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:16:35 AM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:44:57 AM

I find it really strange to see self defense and non lethal weapons as forbiden.

I understand and agree with gun control. That's ok for me.
But things like peper spray or even some civil tasers (not the one used by police officers, it's really heavy) why forbidding them? They're not really dangerous but they can save a life in self defense!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:40:34 PM

Yes things are getting really bad so woman and children should learn martial arts. In one village in Europe where is a lot of immigrants children stay at home and don't walk alone parents follow them to school in groups

Arab gangs prey on lone European women, and most of the times, they outnumber their victims by 20 to 1 or 10 to 1. In such cases, no amount of martial arts will be enough to ensure the safety of the victim. The best option would be to carry a handgun or a knife. But they are not allowed in most of the European Union nations. Even pepper sprays are banned in some of the member states, I am told.
craked5

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:48:15 PM

Yes things are getting really bad so woman and children should learn martial arts. In one village in Europe where is a lot of immigrants children stay at home and don't walk alone parents follow them to school in groups

Arab gangs prey on lone European women, and most of the times, they outnumber their victims by 20 to 1 or 10 to 1. In such cases, no amount of martial arts will be enough to ensure the safety of the victim. The best option would be to carry a handgun or a knife. But they are not allowed in most of the European Union nations. Even pepper sprays are banned in some of the member states, I am told.

Yeah and ban of pepper spray is something I don't understand...

But whatever, they could have a gun that at 20 vs 1 they couldn't do shit :/

And it's not only because they're women! At such rate noone can do anything! You gotta do something at the root!
adverbelly

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 05:52:24 PM

I find it really strange to see self defense and non lethal weapons as forbiden.

I understand and agree with gun control. That's ok for me.
But things like peper spray or even some civil tasers (not the one used by police officers, it's really heavy) why forbidding them? They're not really dangerous but they can save a life in self defense!

you are right .. some non lethal weapons should not be banned.. like tear gases..
galdur (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 06:19:28 PM

Well, I like those expandable batons. Very handy and very effective if used correctly. But if the security situation in Europe gets much worse I guess people will simply get themselves handguns.

mainpmf

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 07:14:30 PM

Well, I like those expandable batons. Very handy and very effective if used correctly. But if the security situation in Europe gets much worse I guess people will simply get themselves handguns.

Nah don't think so.
Handguns are really not in European culture you know. And let's be honest, a handgun is not really more efficient that a taser for example.

I'd rather have a taser or a pepper spray you know, less chance to do anything lethal and same chance to defend myself (more or less) ^^

████████████████████████████
████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

galdur (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 07:39:56 PM

Nah don't think so.
Handguns are really not in European culture you know. And let's be honest, a handgun is not really more efficient that a taser for example.

I'd rather have a taser or a pepper spray you know, less chance to do anything lethal and same chance to defend myself (more or less) ^^

Simple is best. One blow from a baton and an attacker loses all interest in you. To the head and all his interests are most likely in the afterlife thereafter. I don´t have a baton myself but know someone who does and trust me this is a very effective weapon for defense and offense if needed.

craked5

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 03:31:36 PM

Nah don't think so.

Simple is best. One blow from a baton and an attacker loses all interest in you. To the head and all his interests are most likely in the afterlife thereafter. I don´t have a baton myself but know someone who does and trust me this is a very effective weapon for defense and offense if needed.

What is this baton your talking about? Can we have a picture or a link or something like that cause I can't see it ^^
galdur (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 04:54:55 PM

Nah don't think so.

What is this baton your talking about? Can we have a picture or a link or something like that cause I can't see it ^^

It´s an expandable baton. It was mentioned on page 1. First time I saw one of those was when i visited my friend in London last summer. He insisted that I take one with me when I went out at night, even though I´m not exactly a choice victim for attackers. And I did, but nothing happened. I did demolish a wooden board with it though to see how it worked.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 08:17:39 PM

Extendable batons would work pretty good, but really, you should always bear in mind they can and will try to nail you for assault with a weapon if they catch you in the UK or Europe, I really hope the U.S gets nowhere with gun control as Europe is what you'll be looking at if these kind of laws get in.
craked5

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:32:51 AM

Nah don't think so.

It´s an expandable baton. It was mentioned on page 1. First time I saw one of those was when i visited my friend in London last summer. He insisted that I take one with me when I went out at night, even though I´m not exactly a choice victim for attackers. And I did, but nothing happened. I did demolish a wooden board with it though to see how it worked.

Seems pretty cool.

Is it allowed? It should be but well it's not because it should that it is...
craked5

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:34:02 AM

Extendable batons would work pretty good, but really, you should always bear in mind they can and will try to nail you for assault with a weapon if they catch you in the UK or Europe, I really hope the U.S gets nowhere with gun control as Europe is what you'll be looking at if these kind of laws get in.

The good point of gun control is that bad guys don't have guns either...

The vast majority of agression are made without a gun. Which means you're less likely to get killed.
After that I totally don't understand why the non lethal defense weapons are not allowed...
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 02:10:00 PM

That's just not true, criminals will find a way to get guns one way or another, while it makes guns generally difficult to get, the only people it will completely work against are law abiding citizens who are the ones that actually need weaponry to defend themselves with anyway. One of the first things I was taught in martial arts was, when you are attacked out there, you will always be outnumbered and they almost always will have a weapon because criminals are always looking for the advantage, they don't give a shit about rules, people who think they do just don't understand the real world.

The argument for total gun control is always one from a position of total naivete or with an ulterior motive behind it, background checks are one thing, but a blanket ban is another entirely.
youdamushi

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 02:18:40 PM

That's just not true, criminals will find a way to get guns one way or another, while it makes guns generally difficult to get, the only people it will completely work against are law abiding citizens who are the ones that actually need weaponry to defend themselves with anyway. One of the first things I was taught in martial arts was, when you are attacked out there, you will always be outnumbered and they almost always will have a weapon because criminals are always looking for the advantage, they don't give a shit about rules, people who think they do just don't understand the real world.

The argument for total gun control is always one from a position of total naivete or with an ulterior motive behind it, background checks are one thing, but a blanket ban is another entirely.

Well that's what you say.

The average number of crimes involving weapons is 550 in France.

Others agressions and crimes don't involve guns.

Which means the vast majority of crimes are committed without guns. Which explains why we got incredibly less violent crimes than you do Smiley

PARADICE.io

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 02:58:46 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2016, 03:52:42 PM by Lethn

You know I'm British right? Have you ever considered the fact that weapon crimes are generally lower because overall crime is lower? I think economic factors would be far more likely to affect violent crime especially with weapons than the existence of inanimate object. The UK for instance is a shithole you ask somebody from Manchester what they think of gun control, I guarantee you won't get the same sort of responses as somebody living in France, by the way, we have very tough gun control laws over here and it's apparently very easy to get guns in the right places if you know people.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 06:06:42 PM

Extendable batons can offer some form of protection if the attacker is alone. But in most of the cases, there will be multiple attackers. Even if you manage to hit down one or two of them with the baton, the others will subdue you and then rape / rob you. Only (legal and lethal) fire-arms can offer protection in such a scenario.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 06:10:43 PM

You know I'm British right? Have you ever considered the fact that weapon crimes are generally lower because overall crime is lower? I think economic factors would be far more likely to affect violent crime especially with weapons than the existence of inanimate object. The UK for instance is a shithole you ask somebody from Manchester what they think of gun control, I guarantee you won't get the same sort of responses as somebody living in France, by the way, we have very tough gun control laws over here and it's apparently very easy to get guns in the right places if you know people.

try to think about what happens when we have the same gun laws as in the US.

Normal citiziens will have handguns now and every criminal will run around with (half-)automatic MP's or better.

Police will be forced to act more like US police (shoot first or get shot).

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 06:48:49 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2016, 07:28:10 PM by Lethn

That's exactly what I think about criptix and it worries the fuck out of me, if this happens in the U.S I do believe that ordinary citizens are going to get massacred, the U.S is just not the same as Europe, you can't compare the two.

Extendable batons can offer some form of protection if the attacker is alone. But in most of the cases, there will be multiple attackers. Even if you manage to hit down one or two of them with the baton, the others will subdue you and then rape / rob you. Only (legal and lethal) fire-arms can offer protection in such a scenario.  

Of course, unfortunately here in the UK and Europe it's the only types of options we have, another possibility and a bit ridiculous would be carrying a smoke grenade to get away from the group, since it's only smoke you could actually buy them from airsoft stores, so take out the first guy, release the smoke, then while the smoke spreads fight your way out.

Firearms are your best bet though I agree, it's getting ridiculous that politicians and people in general are just in so much denial about this sort of thing when there are lives on the line.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:21:54 AM

Of course, unfortunately here in the UK and Europe it's the only types of options we have, another possibility and a bit ridiculous would be carrying a smoke grenade to get away from the group, since it's only smoke you could actually buy them from airsoft stores, so take out the first guy, release the smoke, then while the smoke spreads fight your way out.

Firearms are your best bet though I agree, it's getting ridiculous that politicians and people in general are just in so much denial about this sort of thing when there are lives on the line.

Using a smoke grenade against a group of attackers? This option also seems to be very difficult to put in to practice. What about hiring armed bodyguards? At least these guys will be permitted to carry guns? But only the extreme-rich will be able to afford that sort of luxury, especially the bankers, politicians, and the pharma bosses.  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: