Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:06:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITSTAMP NOT TRUSTWORTHY BE CAREFUL!  (Read 6198 times)
mkc

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:46:11 AM

Bitstamp is okay, they follows the regulation closely. This is the problem. Many people don't like this.
Besides, their fee is high.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 07:08:28 AM

Bitstamp is okay, they follows the regulation closely. This is the problem. Many people don't like this.

My point exactly. If u did nothing wrong and your money comes from legit sources, what is the problem with following regulation closely? Why would we all want to have shady deals, ponzi pumpers and scammers in crypto. Again, I m not saying OP s one of these people, just do not see the problem. Send them what they ask for and they ll stop bothering you with this.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Cryptology
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 12:57:54 PM

My point exactly. If u did nothing wrong and your money comes from legit sources, what is the problem with following regulation closely? Why would we all want to have shady deals, ponzi pumpers and scammers in crypto. Again, I m not saying OP s one of these people, just do not see the problem. Send them what they ask for and they ll stop bothering you with this.

+
Kalamsid

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:03:57 PM

Some people are very aware of their privacy. They do not want other people to know their flow of the money.
LarryHocks

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 09:34:35 PM

Yeah they are expensive but their service level is good and that's something which cost money.
So nothing unusual here.
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 11:56:46 PM

I Have Never had a problem with them!
I was extremely careful after hack but after all i'm really satisfied how they are working..

You can rent this space
ThunderThomas

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 12:41:33 AM

I Have Never had a problem with them!
I was extremely careful after hack but after all i'm really satisfied how they are working..

I avoid big amounts of bitcoin there, but no they are quit trustworthy.
After the hack i thought they would do some weird tricks, but lucky for us customers, nothing happend.

Cryptology
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 06:13:22 AM

Some people are very aware of their privacy. They do not want other people to know their flow of the money.

Money service business are going to be asking questions if you raise a red flags according to their AML policies. This is true for some bitcoin exchanges as well as for banks.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:12:36 AM

I agree. 99% of these people re called drug dealers and criminals and they have a reason why they do not want other people to know their flow of money.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
LiberOptions

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 01:00:13 PM

They are just being over cautious. They make things difficult even for the customer, but at least they have are prepared to protect your account from hackers.
Rikitikichik

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 08:17:12 PM

I cannot agree that they are untrusted. Otherwise they made full KYC on me while depositing from German IBAN. Everything went smooth. I just can't understand where they are incorporated? Slovenia?
asbator

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:50:53 AM

Ive send there some funds there and now can't withdraw it.
"BITCOIN WITHDRAWALS ARE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE FOR YOUR ACCOUNT." and this kind of message is for every crypto.
Support doesn't answer to e-mail. Tried to call them on phone number from website - it's turned off and message box is full.
No warnings over Internet except that they can be harassing about trading history from other exchanges.
Strange.
OldStick

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:31:21 PM

Around the end of 2017 I transferred 1000 euro to my Bitstamp account with the intention of purchasing some cryptocurrency. Bitsstamp replied that they were unable to process the deposit due to the fact that the money had come from a different bank account than the account that I had registered with Bitsstamp 4 years ago (I have several bank accounts).

I had overlooked the fact that in their conditions of trade they state that they can only accept deposits from bank accounts which have been previously registered with them. They said that if I did not wish to open a new Bitsstamp account they would return the deposit, less transfer costs.

I confirmed that I did not wish to open a new Bitstamp account and asked them to return my deposit accordingly, less transfer costs. They did not respond to that message. After several days I asked them to respond and repeated my request to return the deposit - again, no response! After around 2 weeks I finally resorted to sending a registered letter threatening legal action via the European Small Claims Procedure (Regulation 861/2007) to their UK address and to their company registered address in Luxembourg.

Finally – 2 working days after I had sent my registered letter – they responded with apologies for their delayed answer and confirmed that they had instructed their bank to carry out the repayment of my deposit. I received the repayment the following day. I don’t know whether the repayment was actually triggered by my registered letter. But the timing would suggest that this is probably the case. I could also see on the bitstamp forum that they have recently been overwhelmed by customer contacts. On the basis of my ticket number, as far as I could see they had issued around new 3000 tickets in 9 days.

I suspect that Bitstamp is not untrustworthy, but simply inefficient. They would do well to employ more staff and/or implement better automated processing systems in order to cope with peak demand.
chuckblocker

Activity: 126
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:36:48 PM

You should move this thread to the scam sub forum.

What do altcoins have to do with bitstamp? You can only trade BTCUSD there.

Yes, but they asked me a screenshot (for the tenth time!) of my trade btc alt coin to verify that my btc deposit come from that. But I am really tired abou them. They should ask for this BEFORE I deposit, not AFTER.
I will give them the screen shot, after that I am going to close the account. They are losing a very good customer. But first I want to be sure I can withdraw btc before buy them.

Still not able to understand what is your problem, you deposited fiat currency on that site and then you are trying to buy bitcoins or what fiat currency you deposited in that site is not credited . which one is the problem.

The problem is that they continue asking me documentation also about the source of my money!
 Bitstamp is finished

Anyway, it seems I should be able to buy and move mi btc. After that i will close the account.

If you are not a scammer or a thief, what s the problem? I like to know my exchanges prevents thieves from getting access to BTC. If u do some illegal stuff, I do not want you in crypto anyway.

use the words thief or scammer it to people you know. Be quiet and measure your words boy, very careful.

As I wrote, I am tired about all this requests:
"Dear *****

thank you for your reply and documentation provided.

We understand that you receive bitcoins by trading various different alt-coins, however we were trying to establish how you obtain alt-coins. Do you mine them, do you purchase them on other exchanges, etc?

Would it be possible to better clarify how you acquire alt-coins and where? Any screenshots to confirm this activity, would be much appreciated

In addition, we would kindly ask you to provide us with a document which confirms how the funds you have recently deposited to your Bitstamp account have been acquired? For example, bank statement showing the income source, sales agreement or anything similar.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding"

They are asking me stuflike this every time I make an operation.
If you think this is acceptable I don't want YOU in blockchain echosystem because you must be one of those who want to keep control of normal people.

The best slave is the one who wants to be it.

Wow. Asking for all that shit. They ask for diff shit untill u can't provide one, then block your money. It's called paypal. Glad I never signed up for this POS bitstamp. All exchanges based in USA / UK should never be used IMHO.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: