Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:00:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SUPERCOIN'S REVIVAL  (Read 115617 times)
Grgechkapitalac

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

Back to the real world

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 09:45:53 PM

So, what are you going to do?

Ignore you , because I really don't care what you think.  Wink

Later Gator,

Cool

I don't care what you care, ignorance will surely help.

@Griffith and @Barry
I hope you will be communicative enough about basic technical questions if needed.

Biggest problem is solved - I will not talk about anything else than told in sentence above.

Good luck.

Who knows where the cold wind blows, maybe I'm gonna return one day.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 01:16:46 AM

Why should anyone here even talk to you about supercoin , you claim has been dead for over a year.

Your Grasp of Reality seems confused at best,
the fact you can't tell the difference between a dead or live coin network , is kind of showcasing your personal issues.  Wink

Cool
Grgechkapitalac

Back to the real world

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 02:58:03 AM

Why should anyone here even talk to you about supercoin , you claim has been dead for over a year.

the fact you can't tell the difference between a dead or live coin network , is kind of showcasing your personal issues.  Wink

Cool

Said the man who has decided to ignore me... He however tried to mock me... funny.

Nobody was talking about coin network, but coin distribution and usability...and about personal issues, I won't talk about yours with anybody who is not going smoothly with your point of view. You sure have them.

Whatever I think or say, Griffith is respectable dev. And it looks Barry is trying to be fair. Why wouldn't they? To me, to anybody...
And also, you are not the only one here.

Good luck to you too. (No irony in this)

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 03:05:02 AM

I ignore your falsehoods, but will make fun of you for making them non-stop.

(Everyone needs a hobby, and I can't Dance.)   Cheesy

Cool
Grgechkapitalac

Back to the real world

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 03:07:45 AM

To make fun of somebody, you should have sense of humour. Grin
Do whatever is pleasing you.  Grin
You can even dance.  Smiley

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 03:10:02 AM

To make fun of somebody, you should have sense of humour. Grin
Do whatever is pleasing you.  Grin
You can even dance.  Smiley

LOL,
Sense of Humor    Cheesy
it is just not always shared.   Tongue

Cool
barrysty1e

Activity: 636
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 03:23:31 AM

the fact you can't tell the difference between a dead or live coin network , is kind of showcasing your personal issues.  Wink

Cool

Said the man who has decided to ignore me... He however tried to mock me... funny.

Nobody was talking about coin network, but coin distribution and usability...and about personal issues, I won't talk about yours with anybody who is not going smoothly with your point of view. You sure have them.

Whatever I think or say, Griffith is respectable dev. And it looks Barry is trying to be fair. Why wouldn't they? To me, to anybody...

I'm not sure why everyone seems to be unsure or abandoning ship in terms of SuperCoin (either current or future).
No exchanges/listing on Coinmarketcap is no reason to worry (literally.. at all, unless you want to cash out).
I've both a permanent Supercoin node at my place, as well as an external one that I intend to use for the chainswap; I may keep it running for as long as I can.

I'm currently investigating a very awesome possibility in terms of upgrading the codebase.

If you didn't know (or not a programmer type); there was a large rewrite of both the Bitcoin/RPC engine between versions 0.8 and 0.9 of the Bitcoin codebase (which naturally most altcoins are derived from; most of them being pre-0.8.6). The earlier codebase started to strain when supporting large wallets or large blockchains, and performance from both UI and RPC suffered as a result. This prompted a rewrite, allowing post 0.9 clones to operate very efficiently regardless of the constraints (wallet/blockchain size) they were placed under.

Someone earlier mentioned that all these changes (including the chainswap) will mean that this isn't really Supercoin anymore.
It will be like Supercoin's older brother has stepped into place; the brother who taught Supercoin how to swagger.

To those who feel it necessary to leave, it is up to you; no harm done.
To those who want to hang around but are a bit nervous, just remember.. as long as there are nodes around and you've got your wallet safe and sound; your investment has not gone anywhere.
To those who have been patiently waiting, cheers guys; grab a beer, this is a learning experience as well as a good ride.

james

my father wears sneakers in the pool
SuperBen

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 12:16:26 PM

the fact you can't tell the difference between a dead or live coin network , is kind of showcasing your personal issues.  Wink

Cool

I'm not sure why everyone seems to be unsure or abandoning ship in terms of SuperCoin (either current or future).
No exchanges/listing on Coinmarketcap is no reason to worry (literally.. at all, unless you want to cash out).
I've both a permanent Supercoin node at my place, as well as an external one that I intend to use for the chainswap; I may keep it running for as long as I can.

I'm currently investigating a very awesome possibility in terms of upgrading the codebase.

If you didn't know (or not a programmer type); there was a large rewrite of both the Bitcoin/RPC engine between versions 0.8 and 0.9 of the Bitcoin codebase (which naturally most altcoins are derived from; most of them being pre-0.8.6). The earlier codebase started to strain when supporting large wallets or large blockchains, and performance from both UI and RPC suffered as a result. This prompted a rewrite, allowing post 0.9 clones to operate very efficiently regardless of the constraints (wallet/blockchain size) they were placed under.

Someone earlier mentioned that all these changes (including the chainswap) will mean that this isn't really Supercoin anymore.
It will be like Supercoin's older brother has stepped into place; the brother who taught Supercoin how to swagger.

To those who feel it necessary to leave, it is up to you; no harm done.
To those who want to hang around but are a bit nervous, just remember.. as long as there are nodes around and you've got your wallet safe and sound; your investment has not gone anywhere.
To those who have been patiently waiting, cheers guys; grab a beer, this is a learning experience as well as a good ride.

james

I fall under #2.   Holding 300k+ supes right now.  If it crashes I will burn with it.  If it moons, I will probably still burn cause I suck with money.  Either way, I am in for the long haul.
GrinZ
Legendary

Activity: 1572
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 07:20:44 AM

I cant build wallet from: https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/SuperCoin
os ubuntu server 14.04x64

make -j 4 -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=- DEBUGFLAGS=""
walletdb.cpp:(.text+0x2322): undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::copy_file(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::copy_option, boost::system::error_code*)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [SuperCoind] Error 1

any ideas?
TvZ

Activity: 315
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 01:15:20 PM

Several people are running their Supercoin wallet 24/7.
Most of them didn't open port 19390 on their firewall/router.
Please open port 19390 for more and faster connections!
You will also help the network!

Thanks.

mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 03:52:17 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2016, 04:08:45 PM by mdtspain

Lets start staking some Super

✩✩ Just an alert for the Yobit Exchange. It's not possible to withdraw your Super from that Exchange so don't buy or trade there ✩✩
barrysty1e

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2016, 02:07:52 AM

walletdb.cpp:(.text+0x2322): undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::copy_file(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::copy_option, boost::system::error_code*)'

any ideas?

in walletdb.cpp; put // in front of the copy_file line, its only to do with backing up wallet - then compile again.

barrysty1e

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2016, 02:10:12 AM

Hi all,

While i love shilling accounts/trolls hanging shit on supercoin (actin' like they know), it does make me think that a little progress board isnt such a bad idea. Part of the reason that this is taking a while to do, is that there are quite a few separate/large tasks to be achieved before we can even think about launching SuperCoinPlus.

I'm still working on the blockexplorer/chainswap node (nearly done), but I will try and come up with something to give a bit clearer picture on progress later today.

james

Griffith
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 02:21:50 AM

any ideas?

in walletdb.cpp; put // in front of the copy_file line, its only to do with backing up wallet - then compile again.

wut? no. dont do that. then you cant backup a wallet. that doesnt fix the problem. that also breaks the function.

any ideas?

i added the fix to git,

#define BOOST_NO_CXX11_SCOPED_ENUMS
#include <boost/filesystem.hpp>
#undef BOOST_NO_CXX11_SCOPED_ENUMS

is how you fix that scoped enums for that compiler issue. if you download the new source it should be fixed now.
GrinZ
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 04:30:59 AM

i added the fix to git,

is how you fix that scoped enums for that compiler issue. if you download the new source it should be fixed now.

I download a new source. When i try to build a wallet i have error again Sad

obj/walletdb.o: In function `BackupWallet(CWallet const&, std::string const&)':

pro-investor

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 09:14:26 AM

i added the fix to git,

If you are incompetent then use the precompiled windows or mac wallet. Linux is not for noobs
TvZ

Activity: 315
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:13:58 PM

FYI, GrinZ isn't incompetent neither a noob.

Hopefully Griffith, Barry or anyone else have the solution for the compile problem.
It's pretty important!
GrinZ
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:44:58 PM

i added the fix to git,

If you are incompetent then use the precompiled windows or mac wallet. Linux is not for noobs

Dear pro-investor!
Unfortunately, income from my site, is barely enough to maintain in working order a pair of very old linux servers. I am happy to buy a new windows or mac server, if you donate enough funds.
Addresses for donations You can find at the bottom of my site. Thank You in advance.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 11:47:50 PM

Hi all,

While i love shilling accounts/trolls hanging shit on supercoin (actin' like they know), it does make me think that a little progress board isnt such a bad idea. Part of the reason that this is taking a while to do, is that there are quite a few separate/large tasks to be achieved before we can even think about launching SuperCoinPlus.

I'm still working on the blockexplorer/chainswap node (nearly done), but I will try and come up with something to give a bit clearer picture on progress later today.

james

Thanks for the update !
Griffith
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:38:11 AM

FYI, GrinZ isn't incompetent neither a noob.

Hopefully Griffith, Barry or anyone else have the solution for the compile problem.
It's pretty important!

i already posted a fix before u posted this

any ideas?

i added the fix to git,

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: