Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:33:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP! Blockchain.info new address disappeared - Reward  (Read 841 times)
peter82 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:15:45 PM

I need help, reward for anyone who fixes it. Here is what happened

1) I setup a blockchain.info account
2) I added an address and labeled it  (so then I had the default address and the new address I setup)
3) I copied and pasted that address to a friend to send money to
4) 2 days later they sent payment
5) I login to check if its there and the new address is gone and only the one default address is in my wallet.

On blockchain it shows the transfer was successful (36 confirmations), the address that disappeared is a legitimate checksum verified address, so not like i copy / pasted it incorrectly. Blockchain support team checked their backups and say they can not find that address associated to my account. Since it was a new account with nothing in it I did not take a backup. The password I used for the account was very secure 20-30 characters with upper, lower, specials, numbers etc, so not a hope someone brute forced it.

How can this happen? Has it ever happened to anyone else with blockchain.info? I only created one bitcoin account of any sort in the last few months, so it's not like i got confused with multiple accounts, the account was created 2 days ago and the copy / paste of the address they provided was within a minute or two of making the address.

Is there anything I can do to get this address back into my wallet, I'll give a reward to who ever can help resolve this.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:36:40 PM

Just a suggestion.

I think you may have archived it by mistake, log in then go to the archived addresses tab and see if it is there.

And its gone.
peter82 (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:45:45 PM

Hi Racey thanks for the suggestion but it is not in archived. I was onto blockchain.info technical support zen desk and even provided them with the password to login and they could not find it even in their backups. I was of sound body and mind when I created it, no alcohol involved, only used blockchain.info, have the new account email from the block chain, the password I have saved worked to login, the long list of words password recovery thing is correct. It is the only account I created in the last few months, not like I was setting up 2-3 of them over the last few days/weeks and got confused. Definitely the right account, definitely added the address, definitely copy / pasted it correctly. Checked the first few digits and last few digits when i copied and pasted it. Just when I logged in two days later its like blockchain deleted the address but where would that address go? Is there anyway to find out who the address is associated to?

Any other suggestions?
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:50:15 PM

Hi Racey thanks for the suggestion but it is not in archived. I was onto blockchain.info technical support zen desk and even provided them with the password to login and they could not find it even in their backups. I was of sound body and mind when I created it, no alcohol involved, only used blockchain.info, have the new account email from the block chain, the password I have saved worked to login, the long list of words password recovery thing is correct. It is the only account I created in the last few months, not like I was setting up 2-3 of them over the last few days/weeks and got confused. Definitely the right account, definitely added the address, definitely copy / pasted it correctly. Checked the first few digits and last few digits when i copied and pasted it. Just when I logged in two days later its like blockchain deleted the address but where would that address go? Is there anyway to find out who the address is associated to?

Any other suggestions?
AFAIK u mayby could get that address back if you had the private key or the secret passphrase.
But I read another thread on bitcointalk that also had a problem with the blockchain, by that user, the whole transaction was gone that he received.
Mayby there is something with wrong with the btc system, a bug mayby?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Racey
Legendary

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:52:32 PM

Any other suggestions?

Sorry man, that was the only thing I could suggest, and it seems you have everything correct also.
I too would be worried, do not know what went down here, to me its a bug.

And its gone.
FruitsBasket
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:55:46 PM

Could you post all the addreses?
So what happend is, u imported a new address in your wallet and your friend sent btc to that address, and then your address was deleted from your wallet, right?

If u add an address, u get the public key + private key, so if u import the private key of the disappeard address, then mayby u could get access to the addres.

Anyway, you should contact the support of blokcchain.info, they will help you.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Racey
Legendary

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:57:18 PM

Well seeing as all your details are right, you could import it using private key on https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_importingPrivateKeys.html

Download https://multibit.org/download.html best option now me thinks.

And its gone.
peter82 (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:13:56 PM

Thank you for your suggestions the address is
1DMMWLxY7x2zeF7oz7UHoyf9PfDRcfbEwe

I am not sure if import / add is the same thing in bit coin talk but I went to "receive money" and pressed "New Address" a popup window asked me for a label and do i want to make the label public, i didnt check that.
I then get shown the default address and my newly created address. I copy / paste the newly created address and send it to my friend.
2 days later he makes the transfer and when i log in its like someone else (or a bug) has gone in and delete the address from my account. I am only left with the default address, my newly created and labeled address is no where to be seen. Vanished.

I didn't get any private keys / public keys

I have contacted blockchain.info and they looked at the backups and said they can not find that address associated with the account. They said without the keys they can't do anything. The support person has not responded in a while so if they do come back with an update I will let everyone know.

So to me the only options are
1) Their system has a serious bug, creating legitimate addresses but not keeping them associated with the correct account or releasing them randomly.
2) Their system is compromised by a hacker
3) My computer has a virus, which I checked with multiple virus / malware programs and all came back crystal clear.

Thanks to everyone for their help / suggestions.
Racey
Legendary

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:32:01 PM

I see it the transaction has 47 confirmations, how can it disappear?

https://blockchain.info/address/1DMMWLxY7x2zeF7oz7UHoyf9PfDRcfbEwe

You cannot log in to the wallet? if you can, get the priv keys and import into multi.

And its gone.
FruitsBasket
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:39:23 PM

Thank you for your suggestions the address is
1DMMWLxY7x2zeF7oz7UHoyf9PfDRcfbEwe

I am not sure if import / add is the same thing in bit coin talk but I went to "receive money" and pressed "New Address" a popup window asked me for a label and do i want to make the label public, i didnt check that.
I then get shown the default address and my newly created address. I copy / paste the newly created address and send it to my friend.
2 days later he makes the transfer and when i log in its like someone else (or a bug) has gone in and delete the address from my account. I am only left with the default address, my newly created and labeled address is no where to be seen. Vanished.

I didn't get any private keys / public keys

I have contacted blockchain.info and they looked at the backups and said they can not find that address associated with the account. They said without the keys they can't do anything. The support person has not responded in a while so if they do come back with an update I will let everyone know.

So to me the only options are
1) Their system has a serious bug, creating legitimate addresses but not keeping them associated with the correct account or releasing them randomly.
2) Their system is compromised by a hacker
3) My computer has a virus, which I checked with multiple virus / malware programs and all came back crystal clear.

Thanks to everyone for their help / suggestions.

If you was hacked then the funda would have been mixed, but since the coins are still in the same address, it is almost sure you haven't been hacked. I think that someone deleted it or there is a bug. Does someone else geet access to ur pc? Did you save you password, so it logs in automatically?

Edit:
I migt have the solution:
Click on wallet login, then go to forgot wallet identifier, then u get an email, then login with that account and your password from your original wallet, mayby this help.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
peter82 (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:42:03 PM

I can log into the wallet but the address is no longer in my "receive money" part. It's like the address disconnected from my wallet.

You are giving me hope that not all is lost, fingers crossed we can get this working. I read that page you sent unfortunately I do not have "tools --> import private key" on the windows version. Also on that page it says

"Import private keys from blockchain.info
This is no longer supported. The easiest way to move bitcoin is to perform a standard Bitcoin transaction to a receiving address provided by MultiBit."

peter82 (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 10:00:44 PM

FruitsBasket  I LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! resetting the identifier worked !!!! You rule. Also thank you so much Racey I love you too Smiley

I'll PM you fruits basket to sort out a reward

I don't know how that happened, no one else has access to the PC, no one else had access to my paper wallet, so it was definitely a bug in their system. I'll update their support to let them know for future reference
Racey
Legendary

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 10:04:35 PM

I shall give it one last shot, when logged in on blockchain get your private keys, and save somewhere like a secure usb
Then go make another wallet, then import those keys to new wallet.
I know its a headache creating a new wallet, I have lost one once with some coins in it  Sad

And its gone.
FruitsBasket
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 10:15:53 PM

FruitsBasket  I LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! resetting the identifier worked !!!! You rule. Also thank you so much Racey I love you too Smiley

I don't know how that happened, no one else has access to the PC, no one else had access to my paper wallet, so it was definitely a bug in their system. I'll update their support to let them know for future reference
OMG, nice you got your money back!
No problem sir, it was just a upcoming tought and it worked, cool!!!

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Racey
Legendary

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 10:27:03 PM

OMG, nice you got your money back!
No problem sir, it was just a upcoming tought and it worked, cool!!!

Kiss Kiss Kiss It's good to help.

And its gone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: