Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:57:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: $100,000 USD challenge: Why Government is important to our lives....really?  (Read 1186 times)
bitcoinscratcher (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 07:31:19 PM

The idea that I could win $100,000 got my attention.

I got this email  in my inbox some how.

Until I read what propaganda I would have to spin doctor.  How government is important in our lives? Really?! They don't know me very well.

I think I threw up in my mouth a little just now...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 07:35:06 PM

It looks like something a school or university would throw together in a day lol Tongue
bitcoinscratcher (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 08:31:17 AM

Here is my submission.
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 05:41:19 PM

Here is my submission.

This was great.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 08:13:45 PM

Here is my submission.

Roll Eyes More Anarchist propaganda... What makes it sadder (than it would otherwise be) is that it's some of the cleverest and most technologically up-to-date "random people" on the Internet, i.e.: Bitcoin enthusiasts, who are the cynics promoting it. If the brightest people in society are such misguided cynics, than places like the US really have no hope.

What makes the US have no hope is the people who see the cliff coming but won't ease up on the accelerator.

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 12:24:32 AM

Here is my submission.

Roll Eyes More Anarchist propaganda... What makes it sadder (than it would otherwise be) is that it's some of the cleverest and most technologically up-to-date "random people" on the Internet, i.e.: Bitcoin enthusiasts, who are the cynics promoting it. If the brightest people in society are such misguided cynics, than places like the US really have no hope.
Real quick logic check:
If "some of the cleverest and most technologically up-to-date" people are saying this, did you ever consider they might be right?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
bitcoinscratcher (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 03:15:51 AM

Forwarding this PM:

You have just been sent a personal message by MrVivaldi on Bitcoin Forum

The message they sent you was:

I don't have access to reply on your government thread.

But: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwBP_pqkGJA is funny to begin with.
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 08:39:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh6f5Go0

I would spend 100 000 on bitcoins  Cheesy

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 03:55:49 PM

At their core, politics relate to 'people' and 'society'. I.e.: they are 'social' issues -- not exactly the stereotypical nerd's forte. As a geeky kind of person myself, I know we can "get by" and figure many things out using logical language, but I'd say we're generally "behind the curve" in understanding what makes the average person tick. Thus when things get so bad that the nerds start focusing on politics, I see it as an ominous indicator of desperate times ahead.

It's likely other ominous indicators of desperate times ahead that cause the nerds to focus on politics. Things like out-of-control debt, out-of-control spending and huge swathes of people who should be being productive in a healthy economy living off the government dime (read leeching off people who *are* productive).

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 06:16:28 AM

At their core, politics relate to 'people' and 'society'. I.e.: they are 'social' issues -- not exactly the stereotypical nerd's forte. As a geeky kind of person myself, I know we can "get by" and figure many things out using logical language, but I'd say we're generally "behind the curve" in understanding what makes the average person tick. Thus when things get so bad that the nerds start focusing on politics, I see it as an ominous indicator of desperate times ahead.

It's likely other ominous indicators of desperate times ahead that cause the nerds to focus on politics. Things like out-of-control debt, out-of-control spending and huge swathes of people who should be being productive in a healthy economy living off the government dime (read leeching off people who *are* productive).

And who is to say a nerd cannot also be involved with politics?  The generation that's starting to get into their college years were born with technology, every last one of them, and most have been using the internet since they were children.  A nerd who was around a ways before then would be much more in-tune with his nerdy side (is that a thing?) than politics.  But I agree, it's more important to be involved in what's going on with politics now than ever before, as there are so many happenings nowadays that would make even the most average of Joe's say "Wait a minute, something's not right here."

Not to say the Internet hasn't helped people escape the "Channel X" news squad, "Feeding you what you want to hear and nothing else."

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: