Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:51:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BARR dev does not appreciate humour. brief analysis of BARR process.  (Read 1580 times)
bumbacoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 04:44:24 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2016, 08:37:40 AM by bumbacoin

i've moved posts around, to keep information in the OP. this thread started with amusement at Barr_Official/runpaints awesome troll level, but has evolved also into pointing out seeming "questionable or suspicious" behaviours around BARR.

the 2nd post contains my original post, followed by copy/paste chat from Barr thread. mainly for lols Cheesy

my personal opinion is that runpaint is not a scam dev.
he seems to be operating from naive principles. and is quite respectable at trolling which unfortunately relies too heavily on personal abuse which quickly alienates other parties resulting in fairly one sided conversations as others leave and he remains ...

...…

this contains information obtained prior to the Feb Bowscoin swap.

BARR is a Next Asset shitcoin, it has a distribution model based on burning shitcoins for BARR, also incorporating a burning BARR for OFFS. Seems a good idea.
ANN date October 25, 2015. Launch date November 1, 2015

It seems from a brief analysis, the swaps that have occurred, have been inadvertently heavily skewed in favour of the dev team,
with a vote process seemingly controlled entirely by runpaint, and early coins were publically claimed to be bagheld by runpaint.
Runpaint seems to currently hold at least ~61% of all distributed BARR, and ~60% of OFFS , (this figure prior to BSC swap in February)
1. which NXT accounts holding Barr/Offs do you or other team members own?
Most of them.  What is the point of that question?  

There's no way to hide BARR, because one click shows every account that holds it.

There's no way to hide how it was distributed, because another click shows every transaction that's ever been sent from the burn fund, and every transaction has a message attached showing which altcoins were burned to earn that BARR, as well as the altcoin txid going to the burn address.

many of the addresses are not labelled, the 61% figure above was determined by some digging around and is not publicly accessible knowledge that the addresses necessarily belong to run paint. it is based on three labelled addresses.

There will be no IPO, no ICO, no Pre-Sale, and no funds set aside for the devs.  BARR is only distributed to people who burn their altcoins - We distribute it for free, but no one can get it for free.

coins burned

November 1 - 30 2015 : Fractalcoin (FRAC), Keycoin (KEY), Sapience (XAI), BARR
December 1 - 30 2015 : Anarchists Prime (ACP), Lyrabar (LYB), BARR
January 1 - 30 2016    : Bunnycoin (BUN), Unitus (UIS)
February 1-29 2016 : Bowscoin (BSC)

Barr seems openly an opportunity for those involved to divest their shitcoins while attempting to pump a new shitcoin.
Not necessarily a bad thing of course.

As you noticed, I have been involved in our 3 launch coins for a while, but not as a developer.  I started out as an altcoin daytrader, and I ended up holding some coins that not many other people wanted to buy.  That includes Fractalcoin, Keycoin, and Sapience, although "coins that not many people want to buy" describes over a thousand altcoins.  Probably 99% of all altcoins.

I think he's saying that we're only pretending to have a big list of coins, but we "secretly" chose the ones we already hold.

Not so secretly. Quite openly and deliberately.
As seems reasonably fair, it can be appropriate to give the dev team a house edge. A reason to invest time and money as it were. Some coins might issues a premine for this reason.

fair enough- however I might add another angle, and that is that of course people taking the initiative have got the edge.
idea, initiative, risk- get rewarded.

I don't even see it as an edge or advantage for us.  I hold these coins, but so do a lot of other people, and we're just exchanging them for another coin.  

runpaint seems to make some economically naive claims.
no advantage in pre-holding the shitcoins chosen? no advantage in choosing the list? no advantage in setting the swap price after a period of private trading?

it certainly seems that the process so far has been heavily weighted,
that has so far resulted in ~61% ownership of all distributed coin supply?

coin voting
The voting system has shown no outside influence, resulting in total coin choice by runpaint.

To vote for an altcoin to be accepted during the next burn period, send BARR to the Market Fund and include a message with the transaction naming the coin or coins you are voting for (don't encrypt the message).  1 BARR equals 1 vote.

here's the market fund address showing the full apparently voting history
https://www.mynxt.info/account/18396052473200615062

november 15. vote by runpaint. 1 vote for ACP, and 1 vote for LYB as Wild Card
december 6.   vote by runpaint. 50 votes for Bunnycoin, 50 votes for Unitus as Wild Card
december 13. vote by runpaint. 1950 votes for Bunnycoin 1950 votes for Unitus 50 votes for Cetuscoin 50 votes for Chaincoin
jan 14.           vote by runpaint. 10000 Votes for Bowscoin

future votes maybe interesting as anyone owning 61% of a coin certainly seems to have an advantage .

how much of total distribution of Barr does runpaint or Barr team own

0 that we didn't pay for.  
We buy altcoins from other people, with real money, and we burn those altcoins.
https://www.mynxt.info/account/3849284648938482933

cutting to the chase. runpaints personal address
https://www.mynxt.info/account/NXT-297T-ZFG8-M3A7-D4TFJ

420,324.5787 BARR
138,205.0000 OFFS

then from ANN OP (which seems updated since my last perusal?)

BARR – 230,356 coins burned out of 993,343 in circulation  = 23% (self-burned BARR, sent back to the burnfund)
OFFS - 15,000 coins burned out of 230,305 in circulation = 6.5% (permanently destroyed)

~42% of BARR   and  ~60% of OFFS

unitus.ninja has 105,000 barr
https://www.mynxt.info/account/NXT-Y5X2-T3ZU-LFWK-9GHE6

runpaint is the controller of unitus.ninja
The new website is up!

http://Unitus.ninja

http://wsdn.info/domain/unitus.ninja
http://wsdn.info/domain/barr.me
share the same ip as reported. 192.64.117.85

lyrabar.us shares the same ip

https://www.mynxt.info/account/NXT-X4XU-73KL-7ZAV-CCN2X
holding 81,198.2408 BARR   

lifting runpaints seeming ownership of barr to ~61% of total coins distributed.
so far ..

points to ponder,
100% of the coin swap list has been chosen by runpaint.
that person seemingly owns ~61% of BARR   and  ~60% of OFFS

that person,as well as admitting bagholding various coins also registered this address suggesting he bagheld lyrabar as well.

http://domainbigdata.com/email/runpaint@yahoo.com
List of domain names registred by runpaint@yahoo.com
lyrabar.us   2015-08-28

that same person has been in communication with Bowscoin dev for several months
We've been talking to BowsCoin Dev about burning BowsCoin since last October.  He has never objected in the past 4 months.

the swap ratio's are set by Barr, earlier coin ratio attempted to mirror a real world swap value, but those values were heavily skewed through a pump process.
Bun was declared at a higher value, attempting to encourage pump behaviour.
The resulting higher price creates a more favourable ratio for swappers, another crafted advantage.

a stated attention is to lift the "difficulty" and aim for higher value coins, this will have the advantage of reducing the amount of Barr needed for each swap.
similar to a POS halving regime, the early swappers get higher rewards and the later swappers get lower. this will help maintain the serious imbalance in coin distribution.

will Barr's future voting list closely mirror runpaints prior activities on coin threads?

how much BTC have they invested in pumping these coins, not just to enhance their swap ratio's but also to enhance Barr's "real" value.

when they account for their burns, they also seem to use naive market value approximations.

We have burned 2,000,000 BSC, which is over 37% of the supply, with a current value of approximately $3200.

the then current price on c-cex was 400 sats or so.
the buy book had a 0.0001 btc buy order at 400 sats, with the next order at 200,
and a total buy support of 0.31 btc down to 1 sat.

using a market valuation based on current price is easily manipulatable, and does not seem highly useful for a coin with no support.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

amusing quotes -

One BARR appears to be worth 0.00002834BTC at this point in time and there are 10,000,000 BARRs out there
Incorrect.  Where did you get that figure?  BARR is at 3.3 NXT, so it's more like .00009000 BTC.

And there are 0 BARRs currently out there in circulation, with a maximum of 1,500,000 issued by the end of the first exchange period, if we burn 100% of the supplies of KEY, FRAC, and XAI.

yep, 0 Barrs in circulation trading for 3.3 NXT

--

-sigh-
Fractalcoin wallet now rescanning.  I sent 2 smaller transactions, but then I broke it by sending one too big.  

The fact that these things barely work is an excellent example of why we're doing this project.

on his thread, vs trolling DGCS dev

If you plan to transfer more the 100,000 coins I suggest you break it up into smaller amounts and do it in several transactions. Now sure how much the block chain can handle

Yeah those block chains can only handle so many bytes, keeping it under 100,000 will save 1 byte so that's good advice

--

I was looking at data of XAI, KEY, FRAC markets and it appears that on Nov. 1st all of these markets experienced price increases due to people buying these coins for redeeming for BARR.

That is part of our stated purpose.  The only way to earn new BARR is to burn the accepted altcoins during each burn period, so we have to support the price of these altcoins in order to support the price of BARR.  

when you want to buy shitcoins to burn you want to pump them first.
with the stated intention of making it more attractive for bagholders to burn,
whilst also enhancing swap ratios for everyone. especially bagholders

--

other accusations of foul play
You bought them outside of the exchange period and outside the exchange price, which is trade as usual. How do we not know you are collecting them at the current exchange price and using the pre pumped coins to profit off barr invesotrs/ almost buying 3:1 barr with your pre purchased ACP

There is no "buy period".  We exchanged them within the exchange period.

and outside the exchange price

There is no "exchange price", other than 1 BARR for 20 ACP.  That is our rate, and it doesn't matter if you mined your ACP, bought it low, bought it high, or got it for free.  None of that is any of our business.  We exchange ACP.

They started buying. Then set a coin swap ratio after some privately transacted purchasing had been going on - obviously if there stated intentions is to raise the price, there is a certain amount of coins bought below the set ratio.
Just another bit of "how to get moar coinz for free"? or  "none of our business, none of your business"?

and using the pre pumped coins to profit off barr invesotrs/ almost buying 3:1 barr with your pre purchased ACP

That's not how it works, and you don't seem to know what you're talking about.  

buying under 600 sats gives them a higher swap ratio.
any pump action inadvertently gives them a chance to pick up cheap coins and swap for a better ratio.
possibly they are changing the process? assumedly to positively enhance Barr.

--

But they are wrong;  it's not a zero-sum game.  Capital can be destroyed.  People are pumping money into cryptocurrency, and that money isn't guaranteed to continue existing in any form.  Altcoins die, and there is less money available in the world.  More specifically, there is less money available in the crypto world.  

but strangely owning 61% of an alt makes it worth as much as it's latest trade. market capitalizations based on latest trade info doesn't' seem particularly useful in the case of 99% of all crypto shitcoins where a minor dump can diminish their price considerably.

--

The voting is over for January, and the winners are Bunnycoin and Unitus as a Wild Card.

well done runpaint, the single vote cast by you was a decisive blow.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bumbacoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:07:10 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2016, 08:00:42 PM by bumbacoin

we here at bumbacoin thnk that using our remaining Bumba to burn/swap for Barr would be a fine thing to do,
(for those who dont know, Barr is distributed by burning shitcoins for Barr)

upon suggesting this in the barr thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219460.msg13763615#msg13763615

the Barr dev, quickly escalated our conversation.
he is impressively rude with a short politeness window  Smiley quickly loses normal social conventions.
which is generally true about most online interactions and bitcointalk in general. lol

his general outrage that we could suggset such a thing, led me to unsuccesfully attempt to point out that there is nothing inherently special about Barr that prevent us from burning Barr for Bumbacoin. nor for that matter anything preventing any shitcoin from doing exaclty the same thing Barr is doing.
(he is very satisfied about teh pure genuis that is Barr and seems quite touchy)

i began to focus on two seperate things,which he doesnt seem to appreciate about the nature of Barr.
both of which have some level of importance in my view.

1. the burn process is not trustless.

you could dump any amount of Barr you wanted at any time.
No, that's you and your hidden premine.  Again, we're not like Bumbacoin.

Our transparent accountability is trustless, because anyone can see exactly where every single BARR goes on the NXT blockchain in real-time.  

obviously mistaking his honesty for a trustless situation.

2. the continued injection of funds from the Barr team, creates a manipulated value.
leading to an untrusted situation where there is no transparency regarding Barr actions

If we can buy 30% of the total supply at 100 sats, it's probably not worth it to start paying 200 sats.  Or if our entire buywall at 100 always gets filled in 5 minutes and we're running out of money, we'll try buying at 50.  If our order sits at 50 for 2 days and nobody sells, maybe we'll try 75.

Basically we just try to buy as many coins as we can with the limited BTC we have.

And then other people buy too, and burn their coins for BARR.

Last month we tried doing it differently, putting up a buywall for BARR, letting other people buy the altcoins, and then they could burn them and sell their BARR on a more liquid market.  It definitely resulted in huge trade volume for BARR, but we could've burned more altcoins the usual way.  

But mostly from my own pocket.  I've been spending at least $1000 a month of my own money, and that comes from my day job.  So far I haven't sold any BARR, and we're not making any money from altcoins either because we burn them all.  

it's very simple.
if they purely swapped Barr for shitcoin, there would be no artifical price manipulations from their end.
but as they are actively injecting funds into the process, there is artificial price manipulations from their end.

of course there may still be artificial manipulations, but the point is that they are inadvertently doing so.

meanwhile runpaint/barr_dev continues to make big things about their honestly and transparency whilst not keeping either their thread opening posts up to date or website up to date
both lacking current information  on all swaps.

also not realising their active purchasing shitcoin/Barr creates an area open to manipulation which, if they are so gung ho about their open-ness and honesty, should be best treated with transparency about their actions.

at this point, they could own 90% of all "distributed" BARR and no-one would know. (they do already own the vast majority of total coins as the burn fund)

none of these things are necessary problems, they could own 100% of Barr for all i care, as long as they are transparent.
involving their personal funds in such a coin/venture gives rise to potential fraudulent activity as long as they are not transparent.

here follows some rudeness Cheesy
- attacking my honesty
You came here to talk trash, and now you're upset because of the simple facts.

Like I said, we'll ask your advice when we want to be like Bumbacoin.

But you assume we're already like Bumbacoin, so it confuses and frustrates you that we do things honestly instead of the way you do things.

- lol. hidden premine, such a low blow

Our transparent accountability is trustless, because anyone can see exactly where every single BARR goes on the NXT blockchain in real-time.  

- oh my poor integrity
lol Bumba was never meant to be anything more than a shitcoin so go figure.

Then stop selling it to the public for real money.

Again, you're confused because you think everyone else runs their coins like you do.

You see your coin as a way to take people's money and then tell them it was just a joke.  That's not what we're doing.

You're a liar, and a waste of time.  You showed up with fud and passive-aggressive insults from your first post.

I tried responding politely, but you weren't interested in an honest conversation because you're just here to cause trouble.  

So I responded with facts to refute everything you said, and now you're whining like a baby about rudeness.  I'm not the one who showed up to someone else's thread and started spamming bullshit.  That's you, and once again you can't seem to tell the difference between yourself and other people.

- i didnt lie once, and he continued to make direct comments about my integrity, and other continued underhand rudeness. in other words, he continued to lie.

i'm just over all impressed with his self righteous indignation.
and while i'm all passive agressive and baby whiney, he is jsut outright snide and rude.

strange how someone can take being called rude as whiney.

edit.
i wonder if they will truly ever burn a dead coin?
how can you make a buy wall on a dead coin?

============================================================

just because i do like a good conversation.
-edit
apparently after reading this it is possible to get the impression bumbacoin dumped a bumbacoin premine?
not sure how that is possible to get that impression as it is purely the barr dev making stuff up, but i guess that's the price you pay when you troll. passionate emotions etc make it hard to keep a good logic in place.

There has never been any Bumbacoin Premine dumped.
I hope that clears that up Smiley

why are you burning coins with active devs ?

bowscoin dev posted on the 24th jan.
actively advertising goods for bowscoin.

just weird how you're promoting the death of shitcoins as a good thing, when you're working on a coin which is obviously alive and seems to have more going for it than BARR
ie you can use it to purchase real world goods.

edit.
lol please burn BUMBA. 20 million coins is obviously far too many in this day of shitcoin bloat

why are you burning coins with active devs ?

Dead coins are already dead.  When a coin is still actively traded, we can help the people whose money is in that coin.

We've been talking to BowsCoin Dev about burning BowsCoin since last October.  He has never objected in the past 4 months.

just weird how you're promoting the death of shitcoins as a good thing, when you're working on a coin which is obviously alive and seems to have more going for it than BARR

We've raised the price of BowsCoin from 22 satoshis to 200 satoshis, so BARR is the best thing it has going for it.

edit.
lol please burn BUMBA. 20 million coins is obviously far too many in this day of shitcoin bloat

Are you sure that wouldn't be "weird"?

well, that's good then Cheesy

edit.

Are you sure that wouldn't be "weird"?

sure, but weird is good. lol

i'm considering offering to burn BARR for Bumba, i will have to look at teh figures and see what sort of ratio i can offer.

i'm considering offering to burn BARR for Bumba, i will have to look at teh figures and see what sort of ratio i can offer.

How many Bumba do you have?

When we offer a coin for burn redemption, we have enough funds allocated to swap the entire coin supply of that coin.

So if you're going to do it that way, you'll need enough Bumba in your personal wallet to replace about 100,000 BARR in circulation.  At current market rates, it would take over 30 million Bumba to swap 100,000 BARR.  Of course there isn't that much Bumba in existence, even if you owned the entire supply.  But you could offer a rate less than the market.

Bumba's around 35 satoshis, but let's estimate it at 100 satoshis.  BARR is trading at 11,000 satoshis, although there's nobody selling that low.  But let's round it way down and call it 2000 satoshis.

So if you estimate Bumba at 3 times more than the market rate and BARR at 5 times less than the market rate, you can offer 20 Bumba for every 1 BARR burned.  Then you'll only need 2 million Bumba.

But if you give away 2 million of your own Bumba, it doesn't really accomplish anything different from just giving it away and not burning anything.  BARR is only issued when altcoins are burned, so that's our method of mining.  So when someone burns altcoins, they're creating new BARR.  There's not really a reason to do it for a PoW coin.

How many Bumba do you have?

When we offer a coin for burn redemption, we have enough funds allocated to swap the entire coin supply of that coin.

So if you're going to do it that way, you'll need enough Bumba in your personal wallet to replace about 100,000 BARR in circulation.  At current market rates, it would take over 30 million Bumba to swap 100,000 BARR.  Of course there isn't that much Bumba in existence, even if you owned the entire supply.  But you could offer a rate less than the market.

Bumba's around 35 satoshis, but let's estimate it at 100 satoshis.  BARR is trading at 11,000 satoshis, although there's nobody selling that low.  But let's round it way down and call it 2000 satoshis.

So if you estimate Bumba at 3 times more than the market rate and BARR at 5 times less than the market rate, you can offer 20 Bumba for every 1 BARR burned.  Then you'll only need 2 million Bumba.

But if you give away 2 million of your own Bumba, it doesn't really accomplish anything different from just giving it away and not burning anything.  BARR is only issued when altcoins are burned, so that's our method of mining.  So when someone burns altcoins, they're creating new BARR.  There's not really a reason to do it for a PoW coin.

hmm, well i'm not really interested in swapping the whole shebang of BARR. as amusing as that would be.
there is a quantity of the BUMBA premine that is still targeted for distribution. issuing those coins as swap/burn coins would be highly entertaining.

swapping Bumba for Barr could help strengthen both currencies apparently.

i have swapped names form this excerpt from your OP ..
  – If BUMBA offers an exchange for BARR and the BARR supply is only partially destroyed, then BUMBA and BARR can both benefit.  BUMBA can gain users and adopt the value of the absorbed coins which were burned, while BARR can continue with a higher value.

seems like a win win Cheesy

edit.
although i believe you have a stupendous amount of BARR in the burn fund, that even if we did burn the entier current circulated quantity of BARR, you would attempt to keep issuing BARR until some time next century?

hmm, well i'm not really interested in swapping the whole shebang of BARR.

Obviously.  

In the figures above showing how you could afford to swap for BARR, I accidentally said 100,000 BARR when I meant 1,000,000.  That's my bad, sorry.

So it turns out you couldn't afford it with even with 100% of all Bumbacoins in existence, even if the price of Bumba went up 1,000%.

as amusing as that would be.

Agreed, since it could never happen.

– If BUMBA offers an exchange for BARR and the BARR supply is only partially destroyed, then BUMBA and BARR can both benefit.  BUMBA can gain users and adopt the value of the absorbed coins which were burned, while BARR can continue with a higher value.

If you take a true statement and replace the most important word with something completely different, the statement might not be true anymore.
The most important word in the original statement was "BARR", but you've changed it to "BUMBA" which is completely different.
I guess it still applies because you said "if", but then it's just a hypothetical scenario that could never happen.

See, when BARR talks about burning an altcoin, thousands of dollars get spent and lots of coins get burned.
When Bumba talks about burning something, it's "amusing".  
So it's not quite the same thing, no matter which words you swap.

Just quoting our statements and inserting your coin's name doesn't mean anything.
BARR has actually made those statements reality, on 8 different blockchains and with $30,000 worth of coins.
Bumba has not done that, and was not designed for that purpose.

Besides, we've already burned over 230,000 BARR ourselves, which is more than you could afford with 100% of all Bumbacoins.
Of course we had a reason to burn them, and we did it in a way that made sense.  
We sent BARR back to the burn fund so it can be recycled and must be earned again with burned altcoins before it can go back into circulation.

But if you want to burn a few hundred BARR to go with the hundreds of thousands we've already burned, go ahead.  If you buy them or earn them, they're yours to do with as you please.

edit.
although i believe you have a stupendous amount of BARR in the burn fund, that even if we did burn the entier current circulated quantity of BARR, you would attempt to keep issuing BARR until some time next century?

If we burned 100% of Bumbacoins, would you attempt to keep mining blocks and generating new coins with PoW?

But yes, BARR can continue for 100 years.  

In the figures above showing how you could afford to swap for BARR, I accidentally said 100,000 BARR when I meant 1,000,000.  That's my bad, sorry.

in the OP
BARR – 230,356 coins burned out of 780,856 in circulation  = 29% (self-burned BARR, sent back to the burnfund)

only 550,000 in circulation?

If you take a true statement and replace the most important word with something completely different, the statement might not be true anymore.
The most important word in the original statement was "BARR", but you've changed it to "BUMBA" which is completely different.
I guess it still applies because you said "if", but then it's just a hypothetical scenario that could never happen.

See, when BARR talks about burning an altcoin, thousands of dollars get spent and lots of coins get burned.
When Bumba talks about burning something, it's "amusing".  
So it's not quite the same thing, no matter which words you swap.

Just quoting our statements and inserting your coin's name doesn't mean anything.
BARR has actually made those statements reality, on 8 different blockchains and with $30,000 worth of coins.
Bumba has not done that, and was not designed for that purpose.

of course it's exactly the same thing, it's still true

There is nothing uniquely special about BARR other than it's particular origin (from you) and it's name (BARR).

i could make a shitcoin, SWAP, and offer exactly the same services and that statement would be true.
or i could put aside a portion of Bumba (or create more Bumba) and set up the same protocol

it does strike me as amusing that in the process of burning shitcoins, you are quite happy to strengthen two coins in the process. no worry about reducing the amount of shitcoins in existence, just make them stronger.

Besides, we've already burned over 230,000 BARR ourselves, which is more than you could afford with 100% of all Bumbacoins.
Of course we had a reason to burn them, and we did it in a way that made sense.  
We sent BARR back to the burn fund so it can be recycled and must be earned again with burned altcoins before it can go back into circulation.

But if you want to burn a few hundred BARR to go with the hundreds of thousands we've already burned, go ahead.  If you buy them or earn them, they're yours to do with as you please.

edit.

If we burned 100% of Bumbacoins, would you attempt to keep mining blocks and generating new coins with PoW?

But yes, BARR can continue for 100 years.  

if i wanted to regularly invest several thousand dollars of my own money i could inflate the price of BUMBA to a point where we could swallow BARR. however at this point i dont really see any use as you will continue to pump out BARR for the forseeable future.

i could however continue to artificially inflate the value of BUMBA, whilst creating a protocol where through a similar release/halving system we could continue to burn BARR for the next 100 years.
(if necessary we could artificially create another million or so BUMBA for this purpose as well)

any artificial protocol is easy to copy. it's just a matter of doing it.

first of all create an artificial pump for BUMBA through injecting funds,
swap coins,
repeat regularly.

(it does make me consider the NEXUS swap model would be more useful here, as dumping BARR on the market place would help the process by continuing to de-value BARR (rather than strengthening BARR) and also convert them back into more buy support for BUMBA.)

that could result in a competition of who could artificially inflate their coin value the most, reminding me of the american political system where there is a corrupt system of waste taking place to see who can waste the most human resources.
haha although the competition would end with the strengthening of both BARR and BUMBA.

although tbh, strengthening is not necessarily true.
reducing coin supply, while increasing price .. inversely proportional and all that.
does increase value for some coin holders though Cheesy

--

i'm not that averse to Barr swapping coins, nor Digital Credits swapping coins, nor Nexus swapping coins, nor any other coin swapping system that may happen.
i'm not that averse to you continue to investing your own cash to inflate values to a point where it becomes useful to swap.

i agree that swallowing coin systems may create a stronger coin system,
i am quite amused that you have a system, that through the artificial injection of personal funds you can strengthen both shitcoins at the same time Smiley

i would like to point out that creating manipulated economic models does not make Barr an automatic success.
anyone can create an arbitrary value for any shitcoin by putting money in, that's how a PnD works,

the real value of Barr will be revealed in the future.
i wish you luck with your coin strengthening Cheesy

and if anyone wants to swap Barr for Bumba, send me a pm and we'll work something out Wink

-
edit if there is any consideration of ever swapping bumba, i will do anything useful towards it.
ie not dumping the remains of the premine Wink as they enjoy the same artificially valueless state of the Barr burnfund

only 550,000 in circulation?

Those are old figures, there are 993,343 in circulation.

There is nothing uniquely special about BARR other than it's particular origin (from you) and it's name (BARR).

BARR is the only cryptocurrency that comes from burning different altcoins each month.  
Since it's the only one of its kind, it is unique by definition.  Try dictionary.com

if i wanted to regularly invest several thousand dollars of my own money i could inflate the price of BUMBA

"Oh, my coin could be good too, I just don't want it to be."

Since you don't think your own coin is worth buying, we'll take your word for it.

And since you don't think having a good coin is a worthwhile goal, we'll ignore everything you say about how to run a coin.  

anyone can create an arbitrary value for any shitcoin by putting money in

If there's a lot of money put into it, the value isn't arbitrary.  Again, words have definitions.

And if anyone can do it, why is your coin worth 100 times less than BARR?  
You keep saying you "could make a coin" or "could do the same thing", but you already did make a coin.  
Your coin has 5 active nodes and can only be traded as long as Cryptopia allows it.

You say it would be "easy" to do the same thing as BARR - but you don't even understand what we do or how it works.

and if anyone wants to swap Barr for Bumba, send me a pm and we'll work something out Wink

If BARR's ideas aren't special or unique, why haven't you talked about doing them for the past 2 years until after BARR did them?  
If BARR's ideas are so "amusing", why are you now attempting to copy those ideas?  
So you'll have an excuse for all those premined coins you still have, after you announced you were giving them away last year?

You can't even give your coins away for free over a period of several months, but now you're offering them as a swap for other coins?

All you're really saying is "So what, BumbaCoin would be just as good as BARR if $30,000 had been invested in BumbaCoins."  
You might as well go over to the Bitcoin forum and tell them Bitcoin has nothing better than BumbaCoin other than 6 Billion dollars.  

You want to talk about a coin that has nothing uniquely special about it?  You launched an altcoin clone in 2014, exactly the same as thousands of others.
Your coin was listed on a "Dead Altcoins" list 30 days after you launched it.  That is what "anyone can do".
Your coin has 0 volume at 35 satoshis.  That is what's "easy to do".
Your ANN has 16 pages since 2 years ago.  That is something "we could do just the same", except we did it in 4 months.
Your "marketplace" topic has only had 4 people ever reply to it.  That's just sad.
And then for you to come here and preach about what we're doing wrong?  THAT is amusing.

So if BARR ever wants to be like BumbaCoin, we'll ask for your advice.
But for now, you're the one who's trying to be like BARR.  

BARR is the only cryptocurrency that comes from burning different altcoins each month.  
Since it's the only one of its kind, it is unique by definition.  Try dictionary.com

that isnt what makes Barr unique, it's what makes it's distribution protocol unique.
Barr is a Next Asset style of shitcoin. no more no less.

if i wanted to regularly invest several thousand dollars of my own money i could inflate the price of BUMBA

"Oh, my coin could be good too, I just don't want it to be."

Since you don't think your own coin is worth buying, we'll take your word for it.

And since you don't think having a good coin is a worthwhile goal, we'll ignore everything you say about how to run a coin.  

since i dont think artificially creating a pump coin  is a good idea ??
pardon me for not wanting to manipulate it "too" much Smiley

purely as a test to see if anyone reads this. lol. pm me with a bumba address and i'll send you 3000 bumba
anyone can create an arbitrary value for any shitcoin by putting money in

If there's a lot of money put into it, the value isn't arbitrary.  Again, words have definitions.

And if anyone can do it, why is your coin worth 100 times less than BARR?  
You keep saying you "could make a coin" or "could do the same thing", but you already did make a coin.  
Your coin has 5 active nodes and can only be traded as long as Cryptopia allows it.

of course it can be arbitrary,
lets pretend i want to increase bumba's value to a similar market cap of Barr.

i pick the arbitrary value, then i put the appropriate amount of resources into Bumba to reach that arbitrary value

i'm not saying that anyone decided to make Barr valued at 1100 sats (or whatever), i'm saying anyone can create an arbitrary value for a shit coin.
i'ts basic economics
if supply/demand create price, then manipulating supply/demand will effect price.

you're working with an artificially inflated system by arbitrarily injecting funds into the process. this is no different to selling things in a market place for bumba.
but it creates an artificial supply/demand cycle.

it's amusing how happy you are about the easily manipulatable system you're working with/ created. and how you think the outcome actually proves some sort of real value.

you havent even bothered working with a truly trustable system. you could dump any amount of Barr you wanted at any time.
i've never really looked at Next or Assets so I dont know, but with Bumba for example, it would be simple to code in a timestamp to lock fund from being accessed until that timestamp is reached.

also, you might want to keep up with your "transparency".
the opening posts in this thread are not up to date, nor is http://barr.me

You say it would be "easy" to do the same thing as BARR - but you don't even understand what we do or how it works.

lol because Barr is so mysterious that no-one truly knows how it works.

If BARR's ideas aren't special or unique, why haven't you talked about doing them for the past 2 years until after BARR did them?  
If BARR's ideas are so "amusing", why are you now attempting to copy those ideas?  
So you'll have an excuse for all those premined coins you still have, after you announced you were giving them away last year?

You can't even give your coins away for free over a period of several months, but now you're offering them as a swap for other coins?

All you're really saying is "So what, BumbaCoin would be just as good as BARR if $30,000 had been invested in BumbaCoins."  
You might as well go over to the Bitcoin forum and tell them Bitcoin has nothing better than BumbaCoin other than 6 Billion dollars.  

You want to talk about a coin that has nothing uniquely special about it?  You launched an altcoin clone in 2014, exactly the same as thousands of others.
Your coin was listed on a "Dead Altcoins" list 30 days after you launched it.  That is what "anyone can do".
Your coin has 0 volume at 35 satoshis.  That is what's "easy to do".
Your ANN has 16 pages since 2 years ago.  That is something "we could do just the same", except we did it in 4 months.
Your "marketplace" topic has only had 4 people ever reply to it.  That's just sad.
And then for you to come here and preach about what we're doing wrong?  THAT is amusing.

So if BARR ever wants to be like BumbaCoin, we'll ask for your advice.
But for now, you're the one who's trying to be like BARR.  

Barr's idea is not unique, it's been floated around a few times.
Your self righteous indignation is also not unique.

lol Bumba was never meant to be anything more than a shitcoin so go figure. crypto is fun Cheesy

you're just making up amusingly outrageous crap now. lol

the only things you're doing wrong is getting outraged that i dont care how awesome Barr is, and also that you're not accepting that i could swap Bumba for Barr in exactly the same manner your doing. as could any other person ..

for whatever reasons, we gave away a couple of million bumba, and have a couple of million left.
obviously giving them away is not necessarily healthy for a coin, or perhaps you'd be doing the same Wink
how we give them away is completely arbitrary. doing a swap for another shitcoin is just another possibility. and if you cant see the humour in swapping them for Barr you should.

that said,
i was interested in getting some "gifts" for bowscoin and ended up catching a few dumps before the price pumped.
i'll watch with interest how the pump goes and where your buy walls end up Wink
perhaps it would be in my best interest to invest further funds into pumping bowscoin further Wink after all, it would be foolish of me not to enjoy such an easily manipulatable system to it's best affect.

lol.
i came on to ask why you were burning a coin with an active dev (Bowscoin), you said you'd been chatting with said dev, i said great.

then i said, maybe i could swap Bumba for Barr because we have some spare and need to give them away,
this evolves into you taking personal affront at me telling you how to operate Barr? then making outrageously untrue (and hurtful *sniff*) comments about bumba.

how to escalate an innocent discussion woot Cheesy

But you assume we're already like Bumbacoin, so it confuses and frustrates you that we do things honestly instead of the way you do things.

you havent even bothered working with a truly trustable system.

Are you trying to say "trustless"?  Those are two different things.

Again, you're confused because you think everyone else runs their coins like you do.

You see your coin as a way to take people's money and then tell them it was just a joke.  That's not what we're doing.

trash?
i haven't come here to talk trash. you're just seeing trash where' there's no trash to see.

there you go making outrageous claims again, now about my honesty? lol

you're the only one who's talking trash here, i havent made one single unjustified comment.
where as they are piling up from your end.

you havent even bothered working with a truly trustable system.

Are you trying to say "trustless"?  Those are two different things.

lol. it's not trustless. trustless is where no-one needs to trust you.
i assumed you would know that seeing how pedantic you are about the difference between trustable and trustless.

your system is not trustless because there's nothing to stop you from moving coins and dumping even if everyone can see them.
"oh look, there's a big dump from the burn fund, i can see it on the blockchain. fancy that."

your record keeping is not up to date, neither this thread is being kept current, nor the website,
so no-one can tell how trustworthy your records of your swaps have been (not that a simple record of coins moving in the chain is any indication of what actually happened in the swap).

it's great that you are apparently doing things honestly,
no idea why you think you should attack my honesty though? hidden premine. lol

honesty in this situation should also entail complete open ness about your own purchases of Barr.

you are the central overseer,
you are injecting personal funds into your own public project,
you are openly manipulating the market (through injecting funds - again, nothing wrong with that at all as long as you are open),
you should be completely transparent about your actions.

lol.
i own personal bumba, so does everyone else who owns bumba.
i guess we should all take them off the market because apparently no-one should be trading shitcoins.

that just shows how confused you are, do you even know what a shitcoin is? shall i list a few for you ?
Dash, Doge, Bumba, Barr. shitcoins are everywhere bae.

lol at your claim I'm trying to take peoples money? haha that's why Bumba is such an awesome shitcoin.

you are just rude.
and ignorant Cheesy
but mostly rude, i assume most of your ignorance is just you being rude and not realising how ignorant you seem.

trash?
i haven't come here to talk trash.

You're a liar, and a waste of time.  You showed up with fud and passive-aggressive insults from your first post.

I tried responding politely, but you weren't interested in an honest conversation because you're just here to cause trouble.  

So I responded with facts to refute everything you said, and now you're whining like a baby about rudeness.  I'm not the one who showed up to someone else's thread and started spamming bullshit.  That's you, and once again you can't seem to tell the difference between yourself and other people.

We've only deleted 1 person's posts here, ever, and that was 4 months ago on the first day this thread was started.  But even with all the assholes and scammers at bitcointalk, you've managed to distinguish yourself as worse than average.  I haven't deleted any of your posts yet, but you've wasted too much space already and you're not allowed any more.

Apologies to everyone for responding to a troll.

If anyone else thinks he had a good question that got lost in the arguing, please ask and we'll try to make sure there are no legitimate concerns unanswered.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

trash?
i haven't come here to talk trash.

We've only deleted 1 person's posts here, ever, and that was 4 months ago on the first day this thread was started.  But even with all the assholes and scammers at bitcointalk, you've managed to distinguish yourself as worse than average.  You've wasted too much space already, you're not allowed any more.

you are the liar, continually making false and misleading comments about my integrity and Bumbacoins.
and you havent  refuted a single thing i've said.

you cant' even make a simple comment without making it a personal attack on me. lol
and if my amusement at your continued rudeness is construed as passive aggressiveness, then more lolz

your politeness is sorely lacking. and i would rather just directly call you rude than make unjustified claims about your integrity.

i'm not even attacking you or the coin, nor spreading fud,
i'm only saying what is blatantly obvious,
such as that by injecting funds you are manipulating the marketplace. where's the problem? it's a simple truth

nor is the fact that your system is not trustless, it relies on your honesty, which by definition is not trustless, another simple truth.

i'm impressed by your rage Cheesy go hard brother.

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
BARR_Official

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 08:39:29 PM

yawn, didn't read

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
bumbacoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 12:48:58 PM

yes you did,
it's verbatim from your thread Wink

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
bumbacoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 04:59:53 AM

seems there is also this account,

https://www.mynxt.info/account/NXT-79M8-QC5D-3E8F-HM5T5

but i dont understand what happened to the BARR,
seemingly sent to a "genesis account"
i dont NEXT enough to understand this transaction.

https://www.mynxt.info/transaction/8085281679085489978

--

oooo and this transaction too, which seems notable.

https://www.mynxt.info/transaction/9208393599727735292

Frac burned, BARR sent direct to marketfund, which as i understand it, is there for whatever the Dev feels necessary.

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 03:28:14 PM

Yes, we've helped every coin we've burned, and all their holders, without profiting at all for ourselves.

If anyone sees anything that seems questionable or suspicious, just ask. 

bumbacoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 07:52:45 PM

Yes, we've helped every coin we've burned, and all their holders, without profiting at all for ourselves.

If anyone sees anything that seems questionable or suspicious, just ask.  

you mean questionable or suspicious like the information i posted above?
that you can mention that really impresses me no end,
either you didnt read the above,
or
you see nothing questionable in your actions
or
you won't discuss it.

all of those options seem equally likely .lol

is it likely list the the list of future BARR swap coins will coincide with  runpaints chat history, and reflect what coins he has been involved in?

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 6764

Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:23:56 PM

yawn, didn't read
I'm not on either of your sides here, but I didn't read all of this either.  TL.

BARR is an interesting concept, but it doesn't surprise me that this guy who's running it can become a cocksucker very quickly when dealing with shitcoin devs.  Or anyone for that matter.  It's probably a sweeping generalization here, but my guess is that most people in the cryptocurrency have a little of the 'angry white man' syndrome, especially when dealing with other angry white men.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 09:13:02 PM

BARR is an interesting concept, but it doesn't surprise me that this guy who's running it can become a cocksucker very quickly when dealing with shitcoin devs.  Or anyone for that matter.  It's probably a sweeping generalization here, but my guess is that most people in the cryptocurrency have a little of the 'angry white man' syndrome, especially when dealing with other angry white men.

Are you saying that having a certain skin color automatically makes people inferior, or is that only when they are gay cocksuckers?

We're always looking for ways to improve our project, so it would be helpful if you could tell us what color our skin should be, and which sex acts we should avoid, in order to improve ourselves as human beings as well as cryptocurrency developers.

And then we'll be glad to answer any questions, although there haven't been any questions so far in this topic.

bumbacoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:11:02 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 07:11:00 AM by bumbacoin

And then we'll be glad to answer any questions, although there haven't been any questions so far in this topic.

lol. seeing as how you can't quite seem to see the problems raised here.
here's some questions.

2. given you seem to own 61%, what do you consider as the real value of Barr?

3. do you have a plan to create a more economically palatable model of distribution? the current distribution does not inspire confidence in the real value of Barr.

4. what other coins on your proposed swap list do you or other team members baghold? if you're doing this for truly altruistic motives, your behaviour so far seems self centered.

5. what is your purpose in pumping the alts prior to swap? it seems that artificially pumping the market value of alts that you personally hold, does a lot to improve your personal future Barr holdings by improving the swap ratio.

6. do you still see that being the dev of Barr, choosing the coin swaps gives you no advantage? choosing all the coins, defining the swap protocols.

7. how do you measure your swap process and come to this conclusion of no profit? you seem to enjoy the fact that you're making shitcoins and Barr stronger through these swaps.

8. is Barr_official used by a different person? it seems confusing going through the history of postings and does not do much to add clarity to your threads/discussions.

i've mirrored these questions here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1346345.msg13809297#msg13809297

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 6764

Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:16:36 AM

Are you saying that having a certain skin color automatically makes people inferior, or is that only when they are gay cocksuckers?

We're always looking for ways to improve our project, so it would be helpful if you could tell us what color our skin should be, and which sex acts we should avoid, in order to improve ourselves as human beings as well as cryptocurrency developers.

See, these coin burners got senses of humors. 

Not touching that first question with a 20 foot fag pole.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:30:51 AM

See, these coin burners got senses of humors. 

Not touching that first question with a 20 foot fag pole.

Wouldn't a 12-inch cock work better?  Cheesy

Seriously, though I am all for burning shitcoins so I can't say I'm not at least a tad interested in it. IIRC I even spoke with BARR_Official in his thread when the project first began and he was a pretty nice guy that answered my questions. I never looked too much further into it, but only because it is a NXT asset and I'm not into Java wallets at all.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
bumbacoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:37:09 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2016, 02:27:23 AM by bumbacoin

from what i've seen, he seems nice enough as long as you remember to wish him luck and respect Barr above all other shitcoin swapping protocols.

on the surface Barr seems a good idea.

i'm just looking forward to him addressing the 'questionable and suspicious' behaviour that has resulted in him owning 61% of the Barr, using protocols that very obviously create the very 'advantage' he doesn't see existing.

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 03:42:31 AM

Most of them.  What is the point of that question? 

There's no way to hide BARR, because one click shows every account that holds it.

There's no way to hide how it was distributed, because another click shows every transaction that's ever been sent from the burn fund, and every transaction has a message attached showing which altcoins were burned to earn that BARR, as well as the altcoin txid going to the burn address.

Just looking at who is holding BARR doesn't tell you who burned altcoins, because some people burned their altcoins and ended up selling their BARR to someone else.

2. given you seem to own 61%, what do you consider as the real value of Barr?

The value of what BARR does for the crypto community is immeasurable.

Monetarily, it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I've personally paid over 11,000 satoshis for it, earlier this week.

3. do you have a plan to create a more economically palatable model of distribution?

What does that even mean?  "More economically palatable" would mean "cheaper", and BARR is already the most efficient cryptocurrency in existence.

the current distribution does not inspire confidence in the real value of Barr.

Well if it's not the distribution that inspires confidence, it must be something else that brought $30,000 worth of coins to BARR.

4. what other coins on your proposed swap list do you or other team members baghold?

None, we've put 100% of all BTC, NXT, and altcoins into BARR. 
Except for some Lyrabar that I couldn't withdraw from C-Cex in time for the deadline, but that's not on our swap list anymore.

if you're doing this for truly altruistic motives, your behaviour so far seems self centered.

If I'm doing it for altruistic motives, it's self-centered?

Which behavior do you think seems self-centered? 

5. what is your purpose in pumping the alts prior to swap?

We do have a website and an ANN where all this has been covered thoroughly. 

If it was possible to buy 40% of a coin's entire supply without moving the market up, we would do that.  It's not possible in most cases.

Most altcoins steadily lose value, meaning that any given altcoin probably has most holders losing money at any given time.
Some holders are unwilling to sell for less than they paid, or at least they want to get more than the current rate. 
If they didn't want more, they would have already sold.

So if there is a buy order at C-Cex for BowsCoin at 25 satoshis, but a given holder does not sell his coins at that price, then he is unlikely to sell us his coins at that price.  He is also unlikely to exchange those same BowsCoins for 25 satoshis worth of BARR. 

Here is a dramatized depiction of the process:

Holder:  "I could sell my coins at C-Cex for 25 satoshis, but I am not willing to do that."
BARR:  "Would you sell or swap your coins to BARR for 25 satoshis?"
Holder:  "No."
BARR:  "Then how can we get your coins, if you are unwilling to exchange them at the rate of 25 satoshis?"
Holder:  "Pay more."
BARR:  "Ok."
bumbacoin:  "What?  Why???  Why are you doing this?"

You see, we want their coins.  We're trying to get, or "acquire", those coins.  But those people want money.
They don't want to give away their coins for free, because they paid money for those coins. 
So we pay them for their coins (also known as "buying"). 

Or, they can burn their own coins and we'll redeem those coins with BARR.
But, again, they would rather have a larger amount of money instead of a smaller amount of money.
Apparently (and this seems to be supported by our experiences so far), more people will be willing to give up more coins when the price is higher.

It turns out that supply and demand have an effect on prices and markets. 
It's actually studied by some people, there is a lot of good reading material out there if you're interested.

it seems that artificially pumping the market value

It's not artificial.  It costs real money. 

The increase in price due to decreased supply is not artificial either. 
When there are 200,000 coins for sale at 25 satoshis, the price cannot go higher until those coins are bought.
After we've bought those coins - and we never put them back on the market -
that barrier has been removed and those 200,000 coins aren't keeping the price down anymore.

of alts that you personally hold, does a lot to improve your personal future Barr holdings by improving the swap ratio.

Well that is one of our goals;  we want BARR to succeed and not to fail. 

It is bizarre and nonsensical for you to "accuse us" of having a good plan.
There are plenty of altcoins with stupid plans, such as 10,000% interest, that ensure a bad future for holders.
It would make sense to comment on those coins and point out that their plans are unlikely to be successful.
But your complaint is, "You're trying to make your coin valuable!"

We aren't doing anything for ourselves that we're not doing for every other holder.

What we are doing is following our plan which has been spelled out since October at barr.me/how

BARR gets more difficult to earn as time goes on and as the price increases, similar to PoW block reward halving. 

We could not save Fractalcoin, Keycoin, Sapience, Unitus, and all the other coins we've burned. 
We can't prevent them all from being delisted, we can't prevent their blockchains from dying. 
We tried.
But it wasn't going to work, so we thought about swapping Fractalcoin to a new coin, like Fractalcoin 2.0.
(And yes, the main people getting Fractalcoin 2.0 would be Fractalcoin holders.  That's how a swap works.)
But then we realized it would still be a half-dead shitcoin that nobody wants, even if we kept the blockchain alive.

So we came up with the only way available to us that would allow us to save 100% of everyone's coins who wanted to participate.
And that's exactly what we've done. 
And Fractalcoin, Keycoin, Sapience, and Unitus did get delisted.  But BARR didn't, and everyone who swapped their coins can still trade.

6. do you still see that being the dev of Barr, choosing the coin swaps gives you no advantage? choosing all the coins, defining the swap protocols.

We've set up a public voting system.  It's just like a dev mining his own coin - if nobody else is mining, the only options are to do it yourself or let it die.

Defining our own protocols is the same as a dev defining the block target time, the algorithm, and the block reward.

Yes, a dev who owns sha256 asics is more likely to choose sha256 for his algo. 
But he's not giving himself any advantage over other people who also own asics.

There are plenty of people in every coin we've burned who got their coins cheaper than us.
There are plenty of people who mined those coins, maybe got their coins for free.
We can't control that, and we're not trying to. 
We're just offering a swap to any and all holders of these altcoins. 
It's very simple, and I haven't heard you suggest any better ways of doing it.

I believe you conducted a coin swap for your own coin, didn't you?
Didn't you choose to swap only for the coin you wanted to swap, which you were already holding?
Didn't you set the exchange rate, at 43:1?

Did you do anything yourself that you are now criticizing us for?

We've looked at all the known ways of doing it, and we think we covered a lot of angles.
Nautilus recently swapped to a new coin, and they had a 5-step swap process that included sending multiple screenshots.
All it takes for BARR is to message us and then send your altcoins straight to the burn address.
We would love to have the technology to make the initial distribution fully decentralized, but it's truly impossible for many reasons.
But after someone gets BARR, their coins are just as decentralized as any other cryptocurrency. 

7. how do you measure your swap process and come to this conclusion of no profit?

Because we've spent thousands of dollars, put it all into BARR, and never sold any BARR at all.  Where's the profit?

you seem to enjoy the fact that you're making shitcoins and Barr stronger through these swaps.

Are you accusing me of wanting to make my own coin stronger? 

As for what happens to altcoins after we're done burning them, it's none of our concern because we burned all of ours.

You have some fixation on us making altcoins stronger, but if we did then they wouldn't be shitcoins anymore would they?

Although there's a possibility they'll get stronger, we don't think it's likely. 
If nobody was buying at a low price, there probably won't be many people buying at twice the price.  Selling, sure, but we try to buy all of that.
And then after we're done buying, it's right back where it started.

We make it very clear - on our ANN and our website - that we strongly recommend all holders to burn their altcoins.
And we practice what we preach, and we've been proven right several times:

All Keycoin and Fractalcoin holders who didn't swap for BARR have nowhere to trade.
Unitus and Sapience are headed the same way.

But it's not that we take full credit for getting rid of these coins;
We think most of them are going to die anyway.  Historical altcoin performance supports that.
But while they're taking their time dying, they're draining the markets and taking away from all other crypto projects too.
So what we're doing is giving them a push. 
If they survive, they'll probably be stronger in the long term with a reduced supply.
If we help them go away faster, we've helped some holders and helped the overall market.

8. is Barr_official used by a different person? it seems confusing going through the history of postings and does not do much to add clarity to your threads/discussions.

Right now this is runpaint posting.  runpaint has always been my personal account, and so we wanted an official account for official swap business.
We do have a person who's never had another bitcointalk account, so BARR_Official was going to be their name, but it was supposed to be a shared account that anyone could use to answer messages, update the ANN, etc.
But between my several computers, work, home, my cell phone, I just started posting on whatever I was logged-in with, even if it was to argue.

bumbacoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 04:29:51 AM

lol. i appreciate this point.
But between my several computers, work, home, my cell phone, I just started posting on whatever I was logged-in with, even if it was to argue.

thanks for answering .
i'll read it and post later.

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
bumbacoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:28:18 AM

would you invest in an alt where the dev /dev team own a vast majority of coins?
also, in this case, where it seems that the swap protocol is advantaging that team.

the seeming advantage is NOT just because you're investing real money, but because the process uses what results in a pre-pump to attain a new value and hence a more advantageous swap value.

ie if you buy at 20, pump, then swap at 50, your pump gives you an advantage swap value than if you swapped at 20.
then if you personally held a large quantity of those coins, the improved swap ratio is very appreciable.

this is what it looked like with ACP, where you bought quantities of coin before it was officially announced, and below the final swap ratio.

this is what it can look like no matter how you argue real money nor motivations.

you say, the barr team owns most of the addresses, but they are not obviously obvious. if you want a long term coin, it is advantageous to build trust by revealing them.
yes you can follow every transaction, but block chains do not lend themselves to easy analysis. once you have multiple hundreds of transactions of Barr that task will be more tedious than it is now with ony 125 transactions.

most investors are cynical. either looking at a short term pump, or judging motivations and behaviours behind the coin etc.

have you considered the problem of the coin team owning so many coins, and do you have a plan to spread the distribution ratios?
this question was slightly mangled in it's prior form as number 3. :p

a strong appearing coin is one thing, but if it's foundations are weak then the likelihood is that it will not succeed.

you seem to misunderstand the swap ratio issue
, to an extent i've hopefully expanded more above.

but the other point, is that according to your plan, there will be less Barr distributed for later coin swaps. - resulting in a lower swap ratio
this also corresponds with coins that you will personally own less of as you are now apparently out of bags. - quite possibly resulting in a lower swap count, and cynically can be seen as a reason not to pump a coin so high.
and also you seem to imply that future pumps will not be anywhere near exciting as you will not be investing btc in the same manner. - resulting in a lower swap ratio

this will result in you receiving a far better swap ratio for the coins that you personally ownedand have swapped, than future others will for coins they own.

whether this system is deliberately planned to advantage you or not, you have a strong advantage by burning your personal coins first.
it is not the swap itself, it is the manipulation of market price and setting of ratio's that create that advantage.

--
you continue to trumpet monetary values, and how strong Barr will be. yet you claim zero profit.
that is entirely true, until you decide to sell all the coins, that from a cynical perspective, you have artificially created a market price for whilst advantaging yourself to get those coins.

--
i am coming to these questions/viewpoints from a cynical perspective.
through your answers i get a lesser cynical view. you seem to be usefully attempting to add value. but to what end i do not hazard to guess.

obviously the methodology in any system can be questioned.
at this point, i would like to strongly point out that it is incredibly easy to look cynically at Barr and that any work you do towards making it less cynical will be to your advantage.

lol. you're still a troll though Cheesy

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 12:27:46 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2016, 01:35:07 PM by BARR_Official

would you invest in an alt where the dev /dev team own a vast majority of coins?

I wouldn't invest in something that the dev doesn't invest in himself.

also, in this case, where it seems that the swap protocol is advantaging that team.

Do all investors get the exact same "advantage"?

If everyone gets the same benefit, isn't that the opposite of advantage?

the seeming advantage is NOT just because you're investing real money, but because the process uses what results in a pre-pump to attain a new value and hence a more advantageous swap value.

ie if you buy at 20, pump, then swap at 50, your pump gives you an advantage swap value than if you swapped at 20.
then if you personally held a large quantity of those coins, the improved swap ratio is very appreciable.

We announce what the coin will be, and we don't stop anyone else from buying it.
It makes no difference whether other people buy the coins and burn them, or we buy the coins and burn them.
We just want the coins burned, and we have to do it ourselves until more people start participating.

this is what it looked like with ACP, where you bought quantities of coin before it was officially announced,

When did we start buying ACP?  Please, tell me.

How many other coins did we start buying to secure quantity, that we ran nodes for, that we mined their chains, that didn't end up working out?

and below the final swap ratio.

So now we have to pay MORE than the swap ratio?  Paying ACP holders up to 10 times the market rate for their coins isn't enough?

have you considered the problem of the coin team owning so many coins

I don't know what you are calling "the problem", but the main problem is that we're spending all our own money.

and do you have a plan to spread the distribution ratios?

Other than forcing people to buy BARR, the best plan is probably to keep doing what we're doing until more people take notice.

but the other point, is that according to your plan, there will be less Barr distributed for later coin swaps. - resulting in a lower swap ratio

Only if the price of BARR goes up.  The swap ratio will still give an equal value.

But you can't worry that we're not paying enough for coins and also that we're paying too much for coins at the same time.

If we set the exchange rate high, you say we're benefiting ourselves.
If we set the exchange rate lower, you say we're benefiting ourselves.
So, we'll just have to keep doing what we do, the best way we can.

and also you seem to imply that future pumps will not be anywhere near exciting as you will not be investing btc in the same manner. - resulting in a lower swap ratio

I don't think I implied that.

this will result in you receiving a far better swap ratio for the coins that you personally ownedand have swapped, than future others will for coins they own.

#1, Other people have owned all the coins we've already burned.

#2, if the swap isn't a good deal, they don't have to take it.  Problem solved.

whether this system is deliberately planned to advantage you or not, you have a strong advantage by burning your personal coins first.

Since the "advantage" is enjoyed by all holders, it's not an advantage.
If early adopters end up getting an advantage, then it will be similar to PoW coins.

We could've burned a coin that we weren't holding, but that would create at least 2 problems:
#1, bad results and not burning much of the coin's supply
#2, holding our own coins while trying to burn other people's coins.  
And then you'd be here saying, "You're holding Unitus and Fractalcoin and Keycoin, those are shitcoins so why should anyone else burn their coins when you're not willing to burn the ones you already have?"

that is entirely true, until you decide to sell all the coins, that from a cynical perspective, you have artificially created a market price for whilst advantaging yourself to get those coins.

BARR is the only cryptocurrency that doesn't create artificial value where none existed before.

All other coins create money from nothing, while BARR never issues a single coin unless an equivalent value is subtracted from an existing coin.

That's why PoW coins constantly lose value - because they require new money to come in from outside crypto to buy those new coins, every 60 seconds.  And there's not enough new money coming in, because the markets are overloaded with redundant clones that all do the same thing.  

BARR is the only coin that doesn't require new money coming in, because we're working with money that's already in the crypto market.

obviously the methodology in any system can be questioned.
at this point, i would like to strongly point out that it is incredibly easy to look cynically at Barr and that any work you do towards making it less cynical will be to your advantage.

If you read the ANN, you'll see that the entire project was designed from the start with that in mind.
We don't have hundreds of people demanding proof of what we've burned, but we provide the proof anyway to avoid the appearance of dishonesty.

lol. you're still a troll though Cheesy

Just like Bitcoin, I'm from the internet.

siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:41:12 PM

IS BARR burning bumbacoin? I forgot to ask.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 05:46:12 PM

IS BARR burning bumbacoin? I forgot to ask.

No, we're only doing BowsCoin this month.

bumbacoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 03:24:10 AM

I wouldn't invest in something that the dev doesn't invest in himself.

cool. well i am a trustworthy dev.
(the only trust issues anyone has accused me of has been those you created with no basis Cheesy)

so my new shitcoin will have 99% premine, and i will be investing real money heavily into this.
you can trust me, because whilst the process will not be clear where the money actually comes from or goes to.
the new blockchain will show me with mad coinz.
therefore you can trust me

If everyone gets the same benefit, isn't that the opposite of advantage?

no.
that's because you have the advantage. no-one else.

just because you keep saying there is none, does not change the fact.
just because you feel you're not taking advantage does not change the fact.
you maybe 100% legit and doing this with the purest intentions and divine guidance, doesn't change the fact.

what i keep getting from you, is that because you're not being dodgy, therefore there is no possible perception of dodgyness.

what i continue to say, is that there is an easily perceived possible dodgyness in the process.

short story : or what seems to be happening in this discussion

bumbacoin : hey i saw a magican sawing a woman in half.
runpaint : no it's not possible that you thought you saw it, because he didnt, and the objective truth makes subjective perspective impossible
bumbacoin : it truly looked like a magician sawing a woman in half.
runpaint : no it's not possible that you thought you saw it, because he didnt, and the objective truth makes subjective perspective impossible
bumbacoin : but that's the whole point of illusion
bumbacoin : haha, i enjoyed watching it and i'm going again tomorrow
runpaint: good luck with that. you must be a bit dim to have a subjective perspective. meanwhile, i really enjoy chocolate ice-cream, would you like some?
bumbacoin : no, i;ll have vanilla
runpaint : that's not possible, i like chocolate ice cream.
bumbacoin : i like vanilla ice cream
runpaint : that's not possible, i like chocolate ice cream.

this is what it looked like with ACP, where it seemed you bought quantities of coin before it was officially announced,

When did we start buying ACP?  Please, tell me.

How many other coins did we start buying to secure quantity, that we ran nodes for, that we mined their chains, that didn't end up working out?

i'm sorry, i've added in bold how the statment should have been worded. (see that, that's how you admit mistakes)

you'll need to give those particular answers.
they could be very enlightening, especially your second comment.
if you answered truthfully Smiley

and below the final swap ratio.
So now we have to pay MORE than the swap ratio?  Paying ACP holders up to 10 times the market rate for their coins isn't enough?

sometimes i wonder if you're being deliberately obtuse.
i figure you just go through cherrypicking phrases then taking them out of context and acting all surprised.

have you considered the problem of the coin team owning so many coins
I don't know what you are calling "the problem", but the main problem is that we're spending all our own money.

i'm not trying to be rude. but this seems to be a big flag as to your naivety.

noob1: hi, i'm going to invest in a coin where the coin devs hold the vast majority of that coin
cynicaltrader1: you should be concerned that the devs will dump their vast holdings without warning
noob1: oh, but i read the ANN and the devs say they're honest, it looks like a good coin
troll1: fancy that, a self-proclaimed honest dev. i'd go all in if i were you
cynicaltrader1: i wouldn't go near that coin. but i might keep an eye on their pre-pump plans

and do you have a plan to spread the distribution ratios?

Other than forcing people to buy BARR, the best plan is probably to keep doing what we're doing until more people take notice.

honestly. good luck Smiley

But you can't worry that we're not paying enough for coins and also that we're paying too much for coins at the same time.

If we set the exchange rate high, you say we're benefiting ourselves.
If we set the exchange rate lower, you say we're benefiting ourselves.

yes, you can't lose Smiley such honest advantage.

and not at the same time. that was explained earlier
first , high to benefit yourself with shitcoins you hold
then once you're out
second, low to benefit your current holdings in Barr by reducing Barr inflation.

#2, if the swap isn't a good deal, they don't have to take it.  Problem solved.

and your Barr holdings are not diluted as much. win for you.

BARR is the only cryptocurrency that doesn't create artificial value where none existed before.

All other coins create money from nothing, while BARR never issues a single coin unless an equivalent value is subtracted from an existing coin.

ACP was trading at 60 sats,
you swapped at 600 sats,
whether you like it or not, you artifically created that value, the process created artificial value.

and your statement is simplistic,
no crypto=currency creates artificial value, that'd be impossible, people who trade those coins create the artificial value.

it might be advantageous to have the Barr_official user sign at the end of the post, so it's easy to differentiate between who's typing
 - bumba

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████