Author Topic: .  (Read 27382 times)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2013, 07:01:42 PM

Dear Friends, Lovers, and Enemies,

First off. Sorry for the scare. and believe me it was a SCARE - we had to refund over 200k and we were happy to do it because we claimed from day one that we will honor any refurequest until we go into production and we meant it. And  As crazy as fuck as it is to say so , we will sill honor it. We took multiple 20k+ refunds left and right without batting and eye lash because we believe in this project and we know we will be releasing our bASIC Bitcoin mining units sooner than everyone else, especially our good friends BFL.

Love us or hate us, I have some good friends who are original Bitcoin "old money" and they gave us the additional funding we need to finish the chip fab / packaging and take this thing into production. (THANK GOD!)

we WILL be shipping bASIC bitcoin mining devices in March 2013 and I am willing to put my own money against anyone who says otherwise.

The Design is done baby. The chips will be state-side as soon as Chinese New Year is over and for those who could not stomach the wait I don't blame you but I'm sorry to say you lost you place in line my friends.

March may seem a long time away as we all have ASIC blue balls right now, but its really not that far away, and I salute and congratulate all of you who have had the testicular fortitude to stick it out with us because you my friends will receive the ultimate reward. Sure Avalon may get some units out before the Chinese new year but that is sure to be a very limited number. On the other hand our assembly house has an unlimited assembly capacity and as soon as the Chinese new year ends we will have 16,000 freshly fabbed and packaged ASIC chips and we will be assembling those PCB's at FULL CAPACITY !We will be shipping ALL CURRENT ORDERS IN THE MONTH OF MARCH AND WE STILL HAVE ROOM FOR MORE ORDERS SO Get IN WHILE YOU STILL CAN! I stake my personal name and word on that. So hold on tight my friends because its going to be a wild ride in the month of March.

Now Let's Get ready to mine some serious coins
your friend always "cablepair"
Tom
source

This is not the same Tom that I pre-ordered from. He seems to have developed some mental health issues and/or a drinking problem in the meantime... sad but true.  Sad

Oh, it's the same Tom.  You just never saw the dirtbag side of him that I've seen.  Welcome to the dark side.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 07:27:14 PM

If hes so serious bout customers happiness in getting them their $ back.. where the fuck is my refund?!

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
heinz

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 07:32:00 PM

Not executing the BTC refunds as promised and posting this message: Is Tom crazy now?

There is no trust anymore and only a complete idiot will pay a single cent to do a bASIC pre-order. This message just makes no sense. Tom, say no to drugs!

That is why their forums remain locked. If they opened them up, they would be flooded with people asking where their btc is and no one else would trust him with a pre-order.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 08:14:43 PM

Honestly, the "old money" investors who are trying to salvage this project need to make their identities known.  Right now we have assurances that there's a new team overseeing the project and new funds to complete it but the failure to disclose who these people are leaves everyone having to trust Tom's judgement - which has already proven flawed.  Tom and Dave should be working overtime to convince people that this project is now in the hands of capable people - they can't do that by hiding the identities of those on whom completion of the project now depends. 

In addition, we were told that the identities of the new investors/team would be revealed once a deal was struck, so this is just another broken promise.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 08:16:17 PM

Just let it go.  bASIC is done.  The only one who doesn't realize this is Tom.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
MonsterZero

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 08:21:22 PM

"We took multiple 20k+ refunds left and right without batting and eye lash because we believe in this project and we know we will be releasing our bASIC Bitcoin mining units sooner than everyone else, especially our good friends BFL."

That is very true though, nobody else will release bASIC Bitcoin mining units.. ever.
Beaflag VonRathburg

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 08:31:11 PM

I skipped all the speculative rambling that is so common on this forum, and would simply like to add some useful information. I emailed Dave January 13th asking for a CC refund for my purchase and received an email response from him on the 17th stating it has been refunded. Today, the money is back in my account.

heinz

Activity: 172

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 08:40:44 PM

I skipped all the speculative rambling that is so common on this forum, and would simply like to add some useful information. I emailed Dave January 13th asking for a CC refund for my purchase and received an email response from him on the 17th stating it has been refunded. Today, the money is back in my account.

It is well known that those who used CC to purchase are getting refunds. Those who used bitcoin to pay on the other hand are still waiting. I've not spoken to anyone that used bitcoin to pay that has received a refund. Kind of sad that a CC was safer to use. Not good for bitcoin.
dmcurser

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 08:47:04 PM

I requested my refund at 530 on the 14 when btc was 14.15 a coin.
still have yet to receive it!

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 08:49:56 PM

It is well known that those who used CC to purchase are getting refunds. Those who used bitcoin to pay on the other hand are still waiting. I've not spoken to anyone that used bitcoin to pay that has received a refund. Kind of sad that a CC was safer to use. Not good for bitcoin.

Latest from Dave on refunds, posted 17 January.

Hey I'm back in action today, and have been cranking through refunds.  The beatings will continue  

I also plan to do a full reconcile of all BTC refunds I've sent to Tom and will flag any that he's missed.

Hoping to hear positive news on a buyout deal tomorrow.  Other than that, nothing new...

Perhaps now that new investors have been found and the project is "moving forward", Tom can concentrate on processing BTC refunds.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 08:54:56 PM

Sooo... Did the sale to the ASIANS fall thru when bASIC lost all their customers?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
makngeerwork

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

???

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 06:40:34 AM

I can also confirm my refund is in, for a request sent on January 8th.  This was for a purchase not in BTC,  good luck to all.

███    TWITTER   FLUX   WHITEPAPER  ███
███    WEBSITE   GAMING ECOSYSTEM        MEDIUM      ███
███  TELEGRAM  VALVE  UBISOFT  ██████ Origin  GAMELOFT      FACEBOOK   ███
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 12:54:17 PM

The only thing Tom could do to regain some of the trust would be to refund eveybody, build the bASIC devices with his own or some investors money, demonstrate success with a working device and then start selling the devices. There is no sign that he plans to refund any of the BTC customers which basically means:
bASIC is dead!
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 04:34:07 PM

Requested refund @ 13th, didn't get a response. (Order history still says "Ready to ship")

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 05:46:27 PM

A lot of BTC were refunded: http://blockchain.info/address/19Ysizrie7XAGcqSTzhCTsMTuUaFU1hCEa
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 05:47:32 PM

Maybe he's converting all the BTC to amazon Gcards??? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asT9B3_S-cI

lol - how far one can fall.. his name on any project going forward is 110% risk for everyone involved.

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 05:49:13 PM

A lot of BTC were refunded: http://blockchain.info/address/19Ysizrie7XAGcqSTzhCTsMTuUaFU1hCEa

But only on 11-Jan.  I count myself lucky that my refund was included in that batch.

I have not heard of anyone receiving a BTC refund since then.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
regular

Activity: 297

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 05:57:44 PM

Other than a long of long wordy promises from Tom, there's been nothing of substance.  I thought he seemed the most open out of the bunch when the whole Asic preorder frenzies started, but he really has to demonstrate more than just empty guarantees now for people to trust him.

He prided himself on being open, but talking a lot about nothing doesn't represent that.
rampone

Activity: 339

dafq is goin on

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 06:05:12 PM

Requested refund @ 13th, didn't get a response.

Same here, except Dave wrote me back, that btc refund request has been forwarded to Tom (on friday the 18th).

http://virwox.com - Bitcoins via CCard, Skrill, paysafe, paypal & SEPA
Convert your bitcoin into spendable fiat money in less than 2 days. Poker Players use this method to avoid "unnecessary trouble" with the country they live in ... PM me for details. +1:naz86,b4nana,tinua,smart1986,fhh
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 06:18:11 PM

Maybe he's converting all the BTC to amazon Gcards??? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asT9B3_S-cI

lol - how far one can fall.. his name on any project going forward is 110% risk for everyone involved.

From 0:52-1:16
I've got 15 GPUs there, for a total of about 6.5GH, mining around the clock. And those coins that I mine are part of what's paying for these Christmas Gifts. How cools is that?

So where are the rest of the coins coming from? Customers?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: