Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:57:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tax-free coins  (Read 868 times)
msweb (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 06:49:37 PM

I think most of the people in here agree on the idea that bitcoin should be tax free in every country. Bitcoin is a great way out of the system as long as you do anything anonymously but the legal businesses trying to adopt btc are screwed by the system and according to the usd/btc rate instability you may have to pay too much taxes. I'm not willing to support a corrupt system but still want to be able to use btc 'legally' and without anonymity. I think I speak for a lot of the people in here.

Here my idea: All the btc (and alt coin) exchanges should agree to have no rate between any fiat/coin and coin/coin on the day(s) that counts for paying taxes. I'm very sure it wouldn't be that easy as it sounds and there are different rules and regulations in different countries for that behavior of course but I just want to put the idea in here. Maybe it's an idea for another altcoin? Let's talk about that.

Next development steps to go (I'm working on the designs):
1. A decentralized cryptoexchange protocol
2. A cryptocoin with a fix USD/Coin rate
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Third Way

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 08:27:05 PM

Taxes are theft, and as such you have my blessing, to cheat as you file your tax claims. Wink

Unless you want to be a TRUE Libertarian, and suck every dollar possible out of this government by applying to every federal and state aid possible. Food stamps, housing allowances, aid for paying your electriciy bill, a free phone, go crazy!

blease resbond -> 1BYJKxpntNn6TZbM5M5CWkEb8vr8vDcBrr
twolifeinexile

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 08:57:12 PM

Taxes are theft, and as such you have my blessing, to cheat as you file your tax claims. Wink

Unless you want to be a TRUE Libertarian, and suck every dollar possible out of this government by applying to every federal and state aid possible. Food stamps, housing allowances, aid for paying your electriciy bill, a free phone, go crazy!

How could a society run with zero tax? By donation, including donating violence?
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 09:09:00 PM

Various prominent anarchist thinkers, e.g. Stefan Molyneux, David Friedman, among others, have made some interesting presentations concerning statelessness (anarcho-voluntarism) and law in such a society. There are some decent vids on YouTube.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 01:59:14 AM

Various prominent anarchist thinkers, e.g. Stefan Molyneux, David Friedman, among others, have made some interesting presentations concerning statelessness (anarcho-voluntarism) and law in such a society. There are some decent vids on YouTube.

reminds me of some I saw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkqSrWXiSxQ#t=1m0s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VliV1d-M_I#t=1m0s
David Friedman - Poor People are Worse off Thanks to Government

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
msweb (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 02:04:59 AM

420: That's not the issue. Do you think it's fair that Infowars have to pay about 40% and Google just about 3%? I hope you know why this is. As soon as governments go corrupt you shouldn't support them anymore. I hope not a lot in here want to support dictator Obama and the NWO. They should be afraid of you and not the other way around.

Next development steps to go (I'm working on the designs):
1. A decentralized cryptoexchange protocol
2. A cryptocoin with a fix USD/Coin rate

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 02:15:42 AM

420: That's not the issue. Do you think it's fair that Infowars have to pay about 40% and Google just about 3%? I hope you know why this is. As soon as governments go corrupt you shouldn't support them anymore. I hope not a lot in here want to support dictator Obama and the NWO. They should be afraid of you and not the other way around.

Right; Not fair. Tax is theft like Third Way said.

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2013, 11:28:46 AM

How could a society run with zero tax? By donation, including donating violence?

I love this argument, no taxes always mean violence and dead people on the street while completely ignoring how many wars are funded through public spending Tongue
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2117

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 08:29:11 PM

I love this argument, no taxes always mean violence and dead people on the street while completely ignoring how many wars are funded through public spending Tongue

No, no. You misunderstand. You just need the right people in government. And the right people is me, of course.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
thoughtfan

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 11:44:24 PM

I think most of the people in here agree on the idea that bitcoin should be tax free in every country. Bitcoin is a great way out of the system as long as you do anything anonymously but the legal businesses trying to adopt btc are screwed by the system and according to the usd/btc rate instability you may have to pay too much taxes. I'm not willing to support a corrupt system but still want to be able to use btc 'legally' and without anonymity. I think I speak for a lot of the people in here.

Here my idea: All the btc (and alt coin) exchanges should agree to have no rate between any fiat/coin and coin/coin on the day(s) that counts for paying taxes. I'm very sure it wouldn't be that easy as it sounds and there are different rules and regulations in different countries for that behavior of course but I just want to put the idea in here. Maybe it's an idea for another altcoin? Let's talk about that.
How did I guess this thread would go straight down the road of the morality of taxation!

But that's not what you were asking was it?

Bitcoin is not unique as a commodity with a variable value in relation to the fiat with which you run your business so I don't think you need go very far with trying to get 'agreement' here on a usd/btc rate (you'd be pissing in the wind with that one anyway).  If you're going to be straight up with the taxman as to at what exchange rate you received and at what rate you converted to fiat there's no reason you should need to pay 'too much' in taxes either.  If you made on the transaction that adds to your business profit and if you consider the whole of the business profit as taxable then you'll pay only what is due.

I have seen threads on this forum on ways to deal with Bitcoin profits (from mining or speculation) for the purposes of US taxes and I expect there are others for other jurisdictions too.  It may need a bit of getting to grips with (or for your accountant to get to grips with) but I can guarantee you it will be easier than trying to get folks here to agree to change something about Bitcoin itself or about interfering with the free floating, market-driven exchange rates to suit your tax return!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: