Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:32:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - Unmoderated thread  (Read 70695 times)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 05:19:08 PM

Your trolling is low, can you step up your game? I need more motivation when programming, your posts dont rile me up anymore.

A programmer out of spite is a programmer of might.

I'll just wait, your next fuckup is inevitable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 05:22:12 PM

Bring me a paper that explains why PoW isnt suitable against sybil and I listen.

He said PoW isn't suitable against Sybil attacks? Haha, this is a good gem for my collection of his fuckups. If he really stated that then he stated that Bitcoin can't work!
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 05:46:41 PM

Bring me a paper that explains why PoW isnt suitable against sybil and I listen.

He said PoW isn't suitable against Sybil attacks? Haha, this is a good gem for my collection of his fuckups. If he really stated that then he stated that Bitcoin can't work!
I asked to increase your trolling, not hitchhike on misquotes and argue against a point taken out of its context. That is low effort.

PoW and IoT is oxymoron is what I have stated. And specifically to Iota, PoW does not provide Sybil prevention, of course it does for bitcoin.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 05:50:23 PM

And specifically to Iota, PoW does not provide Sybil prevention, of course it does for bitcoin.

How does PoW provide Sybil prevention for Bitcoin?
SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 05:58:32 PM

And specifically to Iota, PoW does not provide Sybil prevention, of course it does for bitcoin.

How does PoW provide Sybil prevention for Bitcoin?
You have to fish harder.

As to yor other mention of your list of fuckups you keep of me: I dont need a list of your fuckups, one is enough; Iota. How dense do you have to be to think a design of PoW and DAG is suitable for IoT? Hahahhaha.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:01:16 PM

You have to fish harder.

As to yor other mention of your list of fuckups you keep of me: I dont need a list of your fuckups, one is enough; Iota. How dense do you have to be to think a design of PoW and DAG is suitable for IoT? Hahahhaha.

I knew you would again use a childish excuse to avoid answering a tech question. You just don't have enough expertise (as it was shown several times in the past).
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:12:04 PM

You have to fish harder.

I knew you would again use a childish excuse to avoid answering a tech question. You just don't have enough expertise (as it was shown several times in the past).

Let's not give him more attention, we won, as always, trolls can't win.

SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:32:25 PM

You have to fish harder.

I owe you nothing, you and any other Iota developer, have only thrown insults at me, refused to answer any question about Iota and only offered deflections and attempts at ridicule, together with censorhip. I may answer you when you unban me from all your channels and threads.

You arent worth more than the same treatment and frankly if you expected anything else is just funny.
SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:34:06 PM

You have to fish harder.

Let's not give him more attention, we won, as always, trolls can't win.
Youre still tripped out on your own ego and working on failed idea, so you kind of lose.
SteveoMB

Activity: 360

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 07:07:26 PM

At this point, I dont care about that feud anymore.
I want to improve, and I want to hear solid reasons for a problem if there is any.
If you "SatoNatomato", have proper facts to deliver, do it.
Tell me: what are the facts for your statement, that PoW isnt suitable for Sybil-prevention.
Lets stop with this time-wasting conversation and go to the important infos.

No one cares who is the cooler guy, who has the bigger balls.

Just write the facts if you can.

facts are defined as "scientific and empiristic statements from quote worthy literature."

I dont wanna read those useless metaphors and pictures you draw with your anus.

Only quote worthy literature!

This isnt too much to ask.

I did it for the winternitz scheme and I could certainly do it for the PoW but this is your duty to prove, not mine.

The Tangler - No bells and whistles, just information
SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:05:12 PM

Tell me: what are the facts for your statement, that PoW isnt suitable for Sybil-prevention.
That is not my statement, you are misrepresenting what I said. PoW is useful for blockchain based approaches, PoW and IoT is oxymoron, especially so with a DAG coin.

You just have to read my posts again, and pretend that it was iotatoken or Come-from-Beyond which wrote them, just do that and its all set, its not a big task to ask, just pretend that it was an "IOTA-dude" who wrote it and not me, and read my posts. That is all.

Fragbait

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:12:11 PM

PoW and IoT is oxymoron

Is micro transactions and transactions fees also an oxymoron?
SteveoMB

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:17:23 PM

That is funny, since last time I checked Iota, the PoW didnt help against Sybils, and instead people were asked for social proof to join the network, that ist he Sybil prevention.  Roll Eyes

No, that is not my point that "pow is heavy", read my post again and try really try hard to see the big picture. No offense, just open your eyes.

Hardware, Jinn, if you place one of these on a chip, someone will place 100 000 of them together in one big chip, call it a Specialized Processing Unit, and it would then be able to outpace and outrun at least 100 000 of other smaller chips. What I mean is, at IoT power levels, can not ever compete with a normal PC, lulz that should be obvious and clear as blue day, no matter if you place "specialized non-existent magic hardware" on it or not.

Hence, PoW and IoT are oxymorons. Pick one. You cant protect your IoT devices with PoW scheme.

But you can, with a signature based scheme such as Byteball, and other cryptocurrency, even DPoS works better. See IOTA developers and fans, say, "Oh but IoT will not be a full node, it will only send/sing transactions", Well duh, obviously, any fucking cryptocurrency can delegate a chip to be dumb and trust another full node. What good cryptocurrencies do is, allow the IoT chip to send/receive transactions with its own keys - by signing shit just as other full wallets, and get the protection from scammers and attackers as the rest of the network. Spicy isnt it.

Of course, IOTA, bragging about IoT so much, and now we hear from its supporter "IoT will be handed differently." WHAT. OK.

your first sentence is what I mean.
so: "That is funny, since last time I checked Iota, the PoW didnt help against Sybils, and instead people were asked for social proof to join the network, that ist he Sybil prevention.  Roll Eyes"
and
" You cant protect your IoT devices with PoW scheme."

Could you elaborate?

SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:50:07 PM

PoW and IoT is oxymoron

Is micro transactions and transactions fees also an oxymoron?
No offense, but for someone out there all your personal transactions in your entire life are considered micro-transactions.

Are you saying that PoW is a kind of fee? So that IOTA can claim to be "zero-fee" but the fee is actually hidden in performing the PoW or integrating Jinn chip on the microcontroller?

Id say there is no "zero-fee" transactions (but nothing wrong in aspiring for it), even without a cryptocurrency, if you send a HTTPS to request update/change your balance on some account-site, that also has the cost in using battery, CPU, networking bandwidth to send and receive the request. But if youre doing the same from a laptop the cost is almost an iota. It just depends on what you are willing to pay, and what you consider to be almost worthless for you.

Hence, a fee model based on the data amount transferred makes sense for a cryptocurrency.
SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:50:47 PM

Could you elaborate?
I already did, you're getting tiresome.
SteveoMB

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 09:25:34 PM

Could you elaborate?
I already did, you're getting tiresome.

no, you did not. you refused to give us a normal answer and just speak from your high hillbilly horse.
so you know what, keep your fucking byteball and visit us in 6 months from now.
let's see if your braindamage you frequently posted here ages well. I doubt it.

SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:04:25 PM

Yeah see you in 6 months when IOTA is still shit and has even more bigger promises for you.
Voidcrafter

Activity: 481

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:17:05 PM

Yeah see you in 6 months when IOTA is still shit and has even more bigger promises for you.

I was promised big companies adopting iota and real world use cases , so far I am pretty happy

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Бapaxoлкa CCCP - иcтopии и paccкaзы
 Coчи 360 - Иcтopии из жизни
 - Днeвник ГУФИкa иcтopии пpo coбaк
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:16:52 AM

Oh, come on! Your employer sent you here to pick a library, you can't just leave now.
altcoinUK (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 07:22:10 PM

Don't be upset about the debate. The IOTA shills and core players like to troll anybody who dare to interrupt the noble cause of luring money from idiots. The business model is rather simple: get as much money from the poorly informed naives and noobs as possible by talking up the coin price with all kind of nonsenses like the Microsoft Azure "partnership". As a side effect of the scam at least David try to create something tangible. We must acknowledge that as a rare and admirable quality in the cryptocurrency swamp. Nothing is black and white. Even the scammy IOTA could end up as a positive development if they develop a novel solution.

You are correct about PoW. There is no place for PoW in IoT. More generally speaking, the applicability of blockchain within IoT is limited. I described the issues of blockchain with IoT at the beginning of this topic in many posts.

Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: