Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:53:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best/safest way to pay for amazon order using bitcoin?  (Read 297 times)
LoydBraun (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 04:55:04 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2016, 09:12:23 PM by LoydBraun

I want to purchase a list of items on amazon (7 items totaling a few hundred dollars). I need all of the items within a few weeks (all are prime eligible). I am trying to figure out the most reliable way to pay for this order using bitcoin. My priority is that I get the items in time, I'm not looking to save money. I see 3 options:

1. purse.io
Concerns - It looks as though the items can be purchased separately, and I don't want to fund the order, only to have the items not be ordered or shipped in time, as I will end up needing to order them separately myself.

2. gyft.com
Concerns - from the documentation on the site, it looks like you HAVE TO use the gyft app to use ths service. I don't have a smart phone, and thus cannot use an app. Is the app necessary here, or can they simply email me a gift/coupon code? They haven't responded to my inquiry.

3. localbitcoins.com
Concerns - This just seems like a huge pain. Meeting up with someone in the city to trade bitcoin for cash seems excessive for a simple amazon order.

What about simply adding an amazon gift card to a wishlist for purse.io? Has anyone done this? Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated here. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I ended up using (gyft.com). It worked perfectly, and was simple and quick. I was totally over-thinking it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: