Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:14:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Little Knowledge for BTC...  (Read 659 times)
Growthdruid (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 09:55:24 PM

Due to several circumstances, I have limited time and patience. this is not the per usual, I will usually shy away from requesting anothers knowledge and services unless I otherwise cannot seek out the information myself.

this is not the case, but I do not have the time to do it.

I need some information on GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32) and a comprehensive walkthrough on how to accurately send and receive messages, what information is required to send a message to someone, and what is required from the party to receive and decrypt a message directed from the host party.

Pretty simple, right?

Also, and possibly seperately, I further need information on comprehensive stealth shipping techniques on international and domestic shipping practices. This includes current pricing from/to canada from canada, and from canada to u.s and international. In addition, if you can weigh in on services (xpresspost/priority) and your opinion on cost/efficiency of the service (speed/lost packages).

Thanks a lot, will provide compensation for your information rendered, at which we can discuss.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 10:36:53 PM

Well embedded in a blog posting I wrote on establishing trust on my blog, I did talk about some of what you need to understand.

bitcoinsbs.wordpress.com/2013/01/01/establishing-trust/

Then to send a message open GPA.

you need to create and register your public/private key pair as noted in the blog posting, then continue here.

Click on the file or clip board icon on the tool bar to the right.  Clipboard works great if you want to paste a message.  Then you can encrypt the message and sign the message, then copy and paste it out and email.  use the file icon to encrypt and sign a file.

If you have an email client that has a plugin for GPA then you can simplify the process for encrypting and signing emails.

I hope this helps.

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 10:54:32 PM

I need some information on GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32) and a comprehensive walkthrough on how to accurately send and receive messages, what information is required to send a message to someone, and what is required from the party to receive and decrypt a message directed from the host party.

I actually just went through this myself not too long ago! If you have the software installed already, you first need the public key of whoever you want to send and receive messages with. You copy the whole thing, from the first dash, to the last dash and paste it into a text editor. Click "Save as" and name it with the extension .asc.
Go over to your GnuPG window and click on the "Import" button. Navigate to the location of your previously saved .asc file and click "open". it will import the public key of whomever the key is for.
To encrypt your message, type it out in any text editor copy it and open the clipboard of GnuPG (again there is a button for the clipboard) paste it here.
Press "encrypt" and a window will pop up. Here you will select the person you are sending to.
After encryption, copy the whole message including the leading and ending dashes, and paste it into an email, PM, print it...How ever you want.

For the receiving party to decrypt your message, they will need your public key. To do this, you must click on "export" in GnuPG and save it to file. This file will open in any text editor. You can then copy & paste it (again you must include all dashes) to an email, PM, etc. You can also encrypt it first if so desired.

To decrypt their message, you will copy & paste their message into the clipboard of GnuPG. Then click on "derypt" and if you have the public key for said message, and it is meant to be read by you (using your public key) it will automagically do the rest.

rng29a

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 11:51:35 PM

If you are using Thunderbird I suggest you try out Enigmail http://www.enigmail.net/home/index.php.
There's also a nice quick start guide which explains how to use it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: