Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:02:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Way for the forum to make money?  (Read 464 times)
sase007 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:17:17 PM

I just though of an idea that could bring in money for the forum.

If we put in the terms and conditions and theymos will seize unactive accounts (accounts that have not been logged into fo 1 year), then this could bring in money for the forum.

It would also allow for newer users to get better usernames that don't contain uselsess names/numbers) or the forum could simply delete these unactive accounts to allow fr new users (E.G resetting te accounts).

Would this work? Is it a good idea (I'm not sure)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 05:21:16 PM

1) Great way to get people scammed.
2) No.
3) This would not in the slightest make money.

sase007 (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:25:06 PM

1) Great way to get people scammed.
2) No.
3) This would not in the slightest make money.

Though it would be a way of getting new users better names.
Other than ones with 5 numbers following thier chosen username.

And how would people get scammed? If a user was a scammer 1 or more years ago, I garentee many will probably forget it or put a note that the username has been reused.
letyouearn2

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:28:49 PM

I don't think forum need any more idea to bring in more money from anywhere . As it's getting a lot from ad spaces sells.  I can suggest one thing which can make forum much better.  

Admin should be active give response to it's members queries within less time span. This will make all memebers comfortable and happy to become a member of this forum.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:41:29 PM

It's a "stupid" idea, try with another one. I don't think the forum needs another way to make 'money', the ad slots and the initial donations have brought a lot of btc.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 05:44:56 PM

The staff here aren't very supportive of selling forum accounts, so that wouldn't fly here.

Plus, like dogie mentioned, there's a huge potential for scamming to happen. If the forum sold a high ranking, high trust account, it would probably be used for scamming. That, and I don't think many people would ever want their accounts to be sold, even if they've been inactive for over a year.

If the forum took your suggestion (seize all accounts that haven't been logged into for a year), that would mean that the original satoshi account would be sold. Do you think that would be a good idea?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:13:50 PM

I don't think there is any shortage in usernames that users will potentially want to use (with the exception of usernames that are used to impersonate others)

I don't think the forum is running short on money, and even if it was, it does not have very many ongoing expenses.

I don't think the forum is short on ways to make more money (eg selling more advertisements, soliciting more donations, charging for various features).

I don't think the forum would make very much money off of this
sase007 (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:24:37 PM

I don't think forum need any more idea to bring in more money from anywhere . As it's getting a lot from ad spaces sells.  I can suggest one thing which can make forum much better.  

Admin should be active give response to it's members queries within less time span. This will make all memebers comfortable and happy to become a member of this forum.

There forum is not using solely ad spaces to get money, it is asking for donations.
Currently they seem to be quite rediculous:
50BTC for Donator
100BTC for VIP

I am not sure these ranks actually get very much. VIPs can edit their usernames and post in certain sections that other users cannot, but Donators cannot really do much different.

These statuses potentially stand more as an "i'm rich" symbol than anythng else. As 100BTC is more than $36000.

I don't think there is any shortage in usernames that users will potentially want to use (with the exception of usernames that are used to impersonate others)

I don't think the forum is running short on money, and even if it was, it does not have very many ongoing expenses.

I don't think the forum is short on ways to make more money (eg selling more advertisements, soliciting more donations, charging for various features).

I don't think the forum would make very much money off of this

You may be right though QuickSeller.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: