Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:05:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is where "the community" kisses my feet. Again.  (Read 3798 times)
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:33:07 AM

Nice, there's going to be material for the laughs of next Spring too.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:37:38 AM

The question is one of how much risk there is and whether it's likely that you could actually find the right time to sell it a profit.  ...  Note that I'm making the strongest possible case in the opposite direction. The truth is in-between. Satoshi Dice is not like Pirate who never made any actual profits from any actual business activity and where the prospects for ever having an actual, legitimate return were always zero.

Satoshi Dice is actually probably undervalued compared to the Aug/Sep timeframe MPOE-PR was referring to.

In other words, if you do the probability (some other math whiz can solve this if they feel particularly magnanimous) that SD will exhaust its RE's due to bad luck in the dice game and cease being a going concern then it reveals that solvency risk just plummeted massively causing an increase in the expected discounted future cash flows.

Yeah. That part is me "taking credit for the success of S.DICE". You know...

Consequently, a melt-up in the price is to be expected. What is fairly exceptional is that the issuer did not cancel the IPO's at .0037 or at least move the bid up; or maybe the anonymous investor bought them using some dividends. But that is neither here nor there, using a similar risk premium before Dec's earnings would put a price around at least .0075. So it will be interesting to see how long it takes to get there; assuming an average Jan luck.

Not possible, price was specified in the contract.

Nice to see someone who actually gets it tho.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:41:03 AM

Nice, there's going to be material for the laughs of next Spring too.

If it relates to S.Dice price appreciation, then I'm looking forward to it.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 10:11:24 AM

... could have already sold his shares (if he wanted to) for (0.00468334/0.0032)*1000 = 1,463.54375 BTC. This all comes to a 56% return on investment, or 560.884485598 BTC in cold, hard liquid profit....

How does one sell 1463btc worth of share at 0.0046 when buy depth has only 156 000 shares going as low as 0.0018 ,,, for a possible sell of ~550btc ?

I must say I am very impressed by S.DICE popularity,  I was under the impression bitcoiners knew better that gambling was a waste of time and if not, unprofitable.
GeoRW

Activity: 350
Merit: 257

Trust No One

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 11:25:49 AM

The worse is that Erik can anytime dump milions of shares if he decides to sell some more  Cool
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 11:38:48 AM

The worse is that Erik can anytime dump milions of shares if he decides to sell some more  Cool

So bottomline, just another pile of crap.
Bowjob

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 11:42:29 AM

The worse is that Erik can anytime dump milions of shares if he decides to sell some more  Cool

So bottomline, just another pile of crap.

Not so. It's irrelevant if Erik sells more shares, it won't dilute the current shares; he already divided S.dice into 100,000,000 shares. He already sold 10% of the dice, meaning at most, he can sell another 40 million shares. I read in the contract that he won't sell more than 50% of S.Dice.

Bugpowder

Activity: 394

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:25:38 PM

Not true. There is a 30 day lockup after the IPO sells out.  The anonymous investor could sell additional shares of the 90MM not yet on the market only after the lockup ends.
GeoRW

Trust No One

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:29:40 PM

Not true. There is a 30 day lockup after the IPO sells out.  The anonymous investor could sell additional shares of the 90MM not yet on the market only after the lockup ends.

So, investors are still safe until 30 days after IPO sells? What a relief  Grin
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:45:15 PM

... could have already sold his shares (if he wanted to) for (0.00468334/0.0032)*1000 = 1,463.54375 BTC. This all comes to a 56% return on investment, or 560.884485598 BTC in cold, hard liquid profit....

How does one sell 1463btc worth of share at 0.0046 when buy depth has only 156 000 shares going as low as 0.0018 ,,, for a possible sell of ~550btc ?

I must say I am very impressed by S.DICE popularity,  I was under the impression bitcoiners knew better that gambling was a waste of time and if not, unprofitable.

The trade volume for the day was ~1500 BTC in that quote.

Bowjob

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:46:28 PM

Whether they sell more shares or not is irrelevant; the shares cannot be diluted. The most they can sell is 40 more million shares.

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 01:08:04 PM

Ha, far from a hater. I respect that you have a good stock on your exchange. If only there was a way to convince evoorhees to move to another exchange...then your delusions of grandeur and superiority complex might finally end Tongue

Cheeky, aren't you.

Definitely Smiley

GeoRW

Trust No One

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 04:14:20 PM

Whether they sell more shares or not is irrelevant; the shares cannot be diluted. The most they can sell is 40 more million shares.

The question is if there's a market for additional 40 million shares at IPO prices. Definitely not.  Grin And if SD becomes less profitable and Erik will dump those 40 million to the market, investors are screwed. The SD shares are ridiculously overpriced at this time. Really.
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 05:22:14 PM

The question is if there's a market for additional 40 million shares at IPO prices. Definitely not.  Grin And if SD becomes less profitable and Erik will dump those 40 million to the market, investors are screwed. The SD shares are ridiculously overpriced at this time. Really.

Would suggest you read the prospectus - he can't just dump them at a low price.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4284
Merit: 3185

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 08:41:39 PM

The SD shares are ridiculously overpriced at this time. Really.

How have you determined that they are overpriced? Personally, I find it hard to accept that an investment that returns over 20% per year is overvalued, but I would like to see your assessment. Maybe I am missing something.  Can you please tell us what you think the real value is, and show us how you determine it?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:02:52 PM

The SD shares are ridiculously overpriced at this time. Really.

How have you determined that they are overpriced? Personally, I find it hard to accept that an investment that returns over 20% per year is overvalued, but I would like to see your assessment. Maybe I am missing something.  Can you please tell us what you think the real value is, and show us how you determine it?

I like Satoshidice a lot. That being said I think you are severely underestimating the risk. Even though I have no financial interest in Satoshidice I am rooting for them btw Smiley
kgo

Activity: 548

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 10:21:43 PM

I haven't actually looked at the contract, but were the above figures accurate that 3200BTC would buy 1% of the company during the IPO?
If so, wouldn't that imply that 1000BTC would buy 0.3125% of the company?
If 1000BTC (0.3125%) has returned 97.34BTC in divs in the last 20 weeks, that would be a total dividend payout of of about 31,500 BTC in less than half a year. Is SatoshiDice really that profitable?

Yes.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=80312.msg1444165#msg1444165
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 05:58:12 AM

You don't seem to understand how these markets work. One could place an order of 1463btc worth of shares at 0.0046 and then when the order is filled they have 1463btc. The stuff on the order book is just what you could get if you sell right now, it does not stop you from placing your own order higher on the order book.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
GeoRW

Trust No One

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 06:20:14 AM

Would suggest you read the prospectus - he can't just dump them at a low price.

LOL, maybe YOU should read the prospectus yourself again and show me where it states he cannot dump more shares on market  Cool In the contract on MPEX the only thing what somehow hinders selling more shares is the 30 day period after IPO shares are sold which AFAIK is over.
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 10:37:21 AM

1. Dear Lord, what is this ?

Yes, this is dog.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: