Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:13:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Epic Coinage :-)  (Read 1162 times)
ATC777 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 07:56:14 PM

Good afternoon, everyone...  Smiley

I've talked a little bit about my new company, ATC Enterprises, and what it's about. But to recap, we are basically a small conglomerate start-up located in Baton Rouge, LA. We are focusing on developing business interests in several areas: tech/software, proprietary trading, online retail, finance and, of course, Bitcoin -- and Bitcoin is one of those unique things that overlaps with our other business interests and sort of ties things together. Bitcoin, however, is sort of a "frontier market" and something we're learning about and experimenting with as we work to get our fledgling enterprise off the ground (literally as the ink dries on our legal work). Over the past few weeks I experimented a bit with trading Bitcoin and currencies, and I was quite impressed with the level of demand and the community in general. So I became confident enough to start developing a new subsidiary company which I think will be a major asset to our company in the future.

So, I registered a new domain and laid the groundwork for a new subsidiary which our company will own and operate. It is called "Epic Coinage" (EpicCoinage.com), and it focuses on Bitcoin, gold, silver and, of course, will be developing new Bitcoin-related software and services. What sort of software? I want to see to the development of a new multi-currency wallet that is highly extensible so that users can develop add-ons and create new wallet modules to deal with new types of digital currencies -- it will also allow the trading of currencies "in the wild" with other peers. We have to take things one step at a time, but I'm also very interested in developing a new, robust exchange to compete with Mt Gox and AAA-grade trading platform suitable for both individual and institutional use. Furthermore, I hope we'll be able to get around to developing a new Bitcoin payment app for both online and physical store merchants, and put a Bitcoin wallet on everyone's iPhone, Android, smart-phone and tablet. We're all very passionate about Bitcoin and think it is one of the greatest economic/monetary developments in human history, and the future of money and payments. We want to do our part in making the world a better place and promoting economic and monetary freedom; by taking Bitcoin to the mainstream and making it easy and inexpensive for everyone to use.

Over the past few days I've developed a working prototype of the new website, which you can see here. It is just that: a WIP prototype and has only been "live" for a few days. It currently only offers one product for sale: assorted 1oz silver coins, with a maximum order quantity of 5. You can order from us now, and it will work, but this is all very new and we don't have a big supply chain. We're working on a partnership with a local coin/bullion dealer, so we will soon have a solid supply chain. But for now, we're having to buy silver and sell it as we get it. So there may be some delays if you try to order from us (if delay is greater than 3 business days shipping is free -- if we can't fill the order for any reason you get full refund). However, I do NOT suggest anyone tries to make any big or serious orders. If you want to help us test our system and get a silver coin or two then be my guest, but don't try to use us as a serious supplier or retailer just yet. I set the price a bit high so no one would be encouraged to make large orders right now.

Just keep in mind this is a brand new business development project we just started on and it is not yet a fully qualified/registered business. We're trying to get organized and focused on how we can do business with the Bitcoin community, and we have much to learn. BTW, there is also a blog on the site, and for now I am the only author (when the site takes off I will be looking for new, paid authors). I'm going to write a series of articles about trading (stocks, futures, options, FOREX, etc) that teaches everything from the basics of the basics to advanced topics like technical analysis and risk management. I wrote one article so far, which you can see by clicking the "Blog" tab on the main page. I'm also going to add a lot of content to the site, such as a page giving guidelines for safe trading practices and avoiding scams, pitfalls and problems.

Again, here is the URL:
http://www.epiccoinage.com

I hope that you guys will take a look at what I've done so far and give me some advice about what I need to do and what sort of products and services you would ultimately like to see. Also, I need more help with this and I'm willing to pay. I'm also open to business advice, ideas, etc. Just keep in mind this is our first simple prototype and a new business development project, and I am new to this stuff. So please don't slam me, especially for my lack of web design skill lol. So please check out the site and throw me your ideas and criticisms and tell me how we can make this better... how can we serve the Bitcoin community and find our place in the market?  Smiley

Regards,

--ATC--

P.S. :: I'll repost the "Trading 101" article somewhere on the forums soon so everyone here can see it and give some feedback.

Epic Coinage -- Gold, Silver, Bitcoin, Exchange, Apparel, Electronics and more!

Check the official trade thread for full list of products and services!

Tips :: 13M9QLc5BDQe2iuB1N3Br58fYvJF5ixihT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 10:19:53 PM

TL:DR

I went to the site and think its great more people are being able to explain Bitcoin in a not so geeky and overly complex way, this is what BTC needs right now, Less confusion for the masses Cheesy Keep up the good work nice images on this page btw: http://www.epiccoinage.com/bitcoin.html
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 12:28:05 AM

I'm going to read the rest of the OP later, but I want to state this: You have a killer domain name. Good job!
ATC777 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 12:32:25 AM

I'm going to read the rest of the OP later, but I want to state this: You have a killer domain name. Good job!

Haha, thanks!  Cheesy

Epic Coinage -- Gold, Silver, Bitcoin, Exchange, Apparel, Electronics and more!

Check the official trade thread for full list of products and services!

Tips :: 13M9QLc5BDQe2iuB1N3Br58fYvJF5ixihT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: