Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:43:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Public Agreement for this account to be virtually deleted - NOT  (Read 1508 times)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 10:24:17 AM

-snip-
The image doesn't prove anything, I think theymos accept only signed message from an old well know bitcoin address that you (or the real owner) used in the past.

No it doesnt, there is no message and no date, but there are enough signed message in the other thread. Theymos will not get involved though, they dont get involved in deals. The two have to find a solution.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ltcfaucet

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:27:50 AM

Ok, so the person who has my account will want BTC.

How do I send him BTC and know that I will get my account back?

I will essentially be getting fucked TWICE.

How can we ensure I will get my account back if I pay this guy?
Robertt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:29:19 AM

You say you make 1.2 BTC + with one day's work, I'm sure you won't mind giving 0.6 BTC or at least 0.3 for your own 'mistakes'.
If you decide on escrow, you won't get fucked 'twice'.
If one isn't enough, you can decide on using 2-3 Multisig.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 10:29:54 AM

Use a trusted 3rd party as escrow.

Ltcfaucet

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:33:57 AM

This is ridiculous.

I am just going to wait it out for Theymos.

The signed messages with the referenced addresses, posts, date, new email address have been sent to Theymos.

Soon fellow associates will load the trust with negative feedback and he won't use the account.

And I will just sit back and wait to get what was is rightfully mine back.
Robertt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:35:47 AM

This is ridiculous.

I am just going to wait it out for Theymos.

The signed messages with the referenced addresses, posts, date, new email address have been sent to Theymos.

Soon fellow associates will load the trust with negative feedback and he won't use the account.

And I will just sit back and wait to get what was is rightfully mine back.

You my friend, have a cocky attitude.
It's not rightfully yours. Sure, you can prove it.
But again, this question stands.
How do we know you aren't the one who was behind the bogus account sale to get your self a free $200?
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:35:52 AM

1.Agree ,you have bought Jude Austin as well.
2.Jude Austin was a miner/Programmer and he has a website which he owns,could you link me to that ?
3.Jude was very professional ad fluent with English.You don't even look 10% of him.Also can you link me to your github? Jude?
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:38:09 AM

So wait a reply from theymos but how shorena said :

#1 Jude is the original owner.
#2 the new owner paid 0.6 BTC for the account.
#3 Jude can not proof that they did not sell the account themselves.

I will suggest what I suggest last time, meet in the middle, share the loss, as -again- you both are to blame.

The new owner did not properly check that they indeed dealt with the original owner.
The original owner did not properly secure the account.

The image doesn't prove anything, I think theymos accept only signed message from an old well know bitcoin address that you (or the real owner) used in the past.
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The user Jude Austin is a stolen account!
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1PoXwtXNP5xTbQEvYiARNBjRAEQa55UTPN
HOsS9IJY6x8JmkWndMM2iDMwsikKG0FDpFpVcLUT2TqW2rq6tOE4K/QmbFxTq3BE/lbjCz4MOkEWo1EngcyWTAk=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Jude Austin is a stolen account!
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1dP6ckGUJXWMM3ib277gNyvUd9gkgzqfC
HFeNwJtZqjWkdI/mhOa/kL9m8gO31j130AqGhZSQHLzhzMt2u49L5IbQFbQzE/T2U+KsB/l1kI/UqfbLLMsNz0c=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

I can't see any date in these msg.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 10:40:28 AM

So this Jude Austin is not the same Jude Austin I compiled code for? got a pm, it is.

Anyway, I suggest you two read this[1] thread before you continue. Just for a perspective.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=982538.0;all

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Get your game girl

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:42:24 AM

So this Jude Austin is not the same Jude Austin I compiled code for?

Nope! I'm still waiting for him to link me to his Github/blogs/mining websites etc.Or he could just agree he had bought the Real Jude Austin with the private keys I guess.
Ltcfaucet

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:43:53 AM

Anyway, I suggest you two read this[1] thread before you continue. Just for a perspective.

Check your PM.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Get your game girl

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:46:43 AM

Check your PM.
I would be grateful if you'd also send me PM's of your Github links and that personal website which you own. Wink
gerXhonza

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 01:45:17 PM

its getting common on forum
someone took loan from a user and after sometime a new user started saying it was his account that got hacked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1354724.0

IMO people using those tricks to sell account first without signed message and then later using signed message they claim that account was hacked.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12908

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 06:37:41 PM

Sorry for your loss, but while account trades are tolerated here, they are strongly discouraged, in part because we do not enforce/broker account sales. In most cases, the original owner of the account is the legitimate owner forever as far as forum administration is concerned. (Though if we happen to come across some pretty clear evidence that an account is sold by its owner, we're not going to intentionally help the original owner scam the account back. But neither are we going to put much effort into preventing this.)

I restored Jude Austin to its original owner. I don't see any evidence for or against the original owner scamming the buyer out of 0.6 BTC. It's possible, but on the other hand the password hashes are known to have been leaked, so if Jude Austin's password was weak, it is possible for it to have been cracked.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Ltcfaucet

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 06:40:59 PM

Sorry for your loss, but while account trades are tolerated here, they are strongly discouraged, in part because we do not enforce/broker account sales. In most cases, the original owner of the account is the legitimate owner forever as far as forum administration is concerned. (Though if we happen to come across some pretty clear evidence that an account is sold by its owner, we're not going to intentionally help the original owner scam the account back. But neither are we going to put much effort into preventing this.)

I restored Jude Austin to its original owner. I don't see any evidence for or against the original owner scamming the buyer out of 0.6 BTC. It's possible, but on the other hand the password hashes are known to have been leaked, so if Jude Austin's password was weak, it is possible for it to have been cracked.

Theymos,

Thank you very much, sir!

I will return the favor to the BTCTalk forum in the form of a donation.

Take care!

Jude
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 06:56:04 PM

Didnt expect that! Well, rating removed.

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:05:00 PM

Good to see an admin intervening, as the blackmailing about deleting all the posts was getting quite off-the-top.
Jude Austin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1140

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 09:08:16 PM

He didn't delete anything, which is surprising.

I am going through now and deleting all of the persons posts and PM'ing people he contacted to let them know that I got the account back.

Again, thank you to everyone who supported me!

Buy or sell $100 of Crypto and get $10!
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:10:14 PM

I am going through now and deleting all of the persons posts and PM'ing people he contacted to let them know that I got the account back.

Lastly from what I know, you weren't the one Wardrick traded with, so it'd be right thing to contact him regarding this and ask him to remove the rating.
Jude Austin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1140

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 09:15:49 PM

Lastly from what I know, you weren't the one Wardrick traded with, so it'd be right thing to contact him regarding this and ask him to remove the rating.

I will send Wardrick a PM right now and get this taken care of.

Thank you,
Jude

Buy or sell $100 of Crypto and get $10!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: