Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:07:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: bASIC Reorganization  (Read 2857 times)
puck2 (OP)

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:05:14 AM

Well, the bASIC discussion used to be pretty lively here. Then they moved us over to a private forum. Now that forum is frozen. Perhaps we could move back here? Consider this an open thread for thoughts/concerns/news/ideas/rumors regarding bASIC transition from Tom --> asians --> Bitcoinconsortium.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:10:47 AM

They shut down the BTCFPGA forums?
puck2 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:19:29 AM

Not shut down, frozen.

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1038.msg3082#msg3082
greyhawk

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:21:47 AM

hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 09:56:36 AM

Really this is all I can say.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwaEydIpS0E

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 01:38:26 PM

Well in one of those other threads on their forum (announcements) in a post yesterday they said they will post a video TODAY of a working ASIC, not a production sample, but a prototype sample to prove their tech does indeed work. That will be interesting indeed!

more or less retired.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 02:09:21 PM

Well in one of those other threads on their forum (announcements) in a post yesterday they said they will post a video TODAY of a working ASIC, not a production sample, but a prototype sample to prove their tech does indeed work. That will be interesting indeed!

Yes, as this will be the first proof of a working ASIC from ANYONE (as far as I know). Im excited to see it just for that fact.

I really dont think Tom is out to scam anyone, he just got into a bind and had too much pride to ask for help. It finally just crushed him. That being said I still dont like the outcome of it all but I am keeping my orders inplace. I decided before I placed the order that I could afford to loose every penny of it and not be hurting. I dont WANT to loose it but it wont hurt me financially if I do.

My biggest question is something I posted on another thread here, quoting Dave on BTCFPGA.

Due to the delay with chip fab, the new team believes we *must* provide proof-of-tech.  Tomorrow I will post up a hard date by which we will deliver a video showing a hashing unit.  This will not be a production unit, but it will show that the hard work has been done (the chips work, the PCB design is complete).

If the hard work is done and the chips and PCB are done, why back out now? Fab is in the US, right? so CNY should be no issue. I could see if there was an issue with the board or something but if its all finished... Just dont get it.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
mtminer

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 04:14:16 PM

Yes, as this will be the first proof of a working ASIC from ANYONE (as far as I know). Im excited to see it just for that fact.

I really dont think Tom is out to scam anyone, he just got into a bind and had too much pride to ask for help. It finally just crushed him. That being said I still dont like the outcome of it all but I am keeping my orders inplace. I decided before I placed the order that I could afford to loose every penny of it and not be hurting. I dont WANT to loose it but it wont hurt me financially if I do.

My biggest question is something I posted on another thread here, quoting Dave on BTCFPGA.

Due to the delay with chip fab, the new team believes we *must* provide proof-of-tech.  Tomorrow I will post up a hard date by which we will deliver a video showing a hashing unit.  This will not be a production unit, but it will show that the hard work has been done (the chips work, the PCB design is complete).

If the hard work is done and the chips and PCB are done, why back out now? Fab is in the US, right? so CNY should be no issue. I could see if there was an issue with the board or something but if its all finished... Just dont get it.

Irrational people scare me, the multiple drunken posts at 1:00am are just a bit much. You would think to maximize the value of btcfpga a person would already have it lined up to be sold, ink dried and the new "Asian" overlords ready to post and calm their customer base. Once the money leaves the US your already limited recovery options dry up.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 04:17:16 PM

That doesn't say a video will be posted tomorrow (today now), that says that by today they'll post a date of when a video will be available.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 05:08:20 PM

That doesn't say a video will be posted tomorrow (today now), that says that by today they'll post a date of when a video will be available.
Ah, Good catch.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
puck2 (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 06:36:47 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2013, 08:32:17 PM by puck2

Due to the delay with chip fab, the new team believes we *must* provide proof-of-tech.  Tomorrow I will post up a hard date by which we will deliver a video showing a hashing unit.  This will not be a production unit, but it will show that the hard work has been done (the chips work, the PCB design is complete).

...another deadline passed for the bASIC team... I understand that it is a busy time for all involved, but perhaps a lesson is learned to not promise updates and then fail to deliver?
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 09:16:12 PM

Due to the delay with chip fab, the new team believes we *must* provide proof-of-tech.  Tomorrow I will post up a hard date by which we will deliver a video showing a hashing unit.  This will not be a production unit, but it will show that the hard work has been done (the chips work, the PCB design is complete).

...another deadline passed for the bASIC team... I understand that it is a busy time for all involved, but perhaps a lesson is learned to not promise updates and then fail to deliver?

I am out and have demanded my refund

They have 3 days to comply otherwise I will report them to VISA

Honestly who cares about their bullshit BFL bASIC why are we funding there lies

I may buy ASIC when its there sitting on the shelf

OBJECT NOT FOUND
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 09:29:02 PM

I was refunded today (asked on Monday). 
bitmar

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 01:52:41 PM

Probably it will be the same "kind of proof" like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4wFkhafEdA&feature=youtu.be
greyhawk

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 01:55:59 PM

Probably it will be the same "kind of proof" like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4wFkhafEdA&feature=youtu.be

Totally needs more LEDs. Mine is much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIC_J25G2bs
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 09:54:31 PM

Totally needs more LEDs. Mine is much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIC_J25G2bs

Here is my new freshly delivered BFL Mining rig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1AC-Q2rZLQ

OBJECT NOT FOUND
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 10:06:13 PM

Still waiting for a date when this video is going to be available.  Why should anyone believe that they can follow through on a shipping date if they can't even follow through on announcing a date when the video will be available?

By the time they've negotiated a rescue package with new owners, there's not going to be anything left to salvage at this rate.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 02:57:07 AM

In case you already haven't - GET OUT NOW!!!

A big ol THANK YOU to Dave & LukasBradley, I suspect you guys are the reason I got refund!  THANK YOU.

Here's a message by LukasBradley from the (locked) btcfpga forums:
https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1041.0;topicseen

1-  I was unable to discern any value whatsoever in my due dilligence meeting with Tom in regards to BTCFPGA or the bASIC units (particularly the ASIC chip itself).
2-  If you have an outstanding credit card preorder with BTCFPGA, I personally recommend you begin a chargeback of that amount with your bank issuer.  Dave has attempted to process ALL outstanding requests for refunds.  However, Dave and I feel confident Tom did not leave enough money in the merchant account to complete them all.
3-  Dave and I were able to convince Tom to execute several BTC refunds yesterday.  If you have an outstanding BTC preorder with BTCFPGA, I recommend you email Tom, and copy Dave and myself.  Tom is the only one who can help you at this point.  If you received a refund confirmed email of BTC, check the blockchain to see if you refund is coming.  Dave can provide details here.
4-  Tom did not show up for our meeting this morning, where he was asked to provide several pieces of information regarding BTCFPGA.  All evidence I have leads me to believe he left town   I have no idea of his location.
5-  Dave was kept in the dark just as much as any of the rest of you.  I strongly believe he has gone above and beyond to protect the customers.

I know many of you will have questions.  I just landed in Atlanta, but will not be available for a few hours.  I also am going to the Falcons game tomorrow.  (One of the personal conditions of going to New York was not getting snowed in).  I will attempt to answer as many as possible to the best of my ability.  I WILL NOT give away personal information about Tom, or certain specifics of our meeting.  I DO NOT believe in mob justice, and I'm completely uninterested in anonymous soap opera conversations.  This entire endeavor is bad for the future of BitCoin, and I'm very disappointed.

Tom -

As I said in our meeting, you need help, both personally and professionally.  I honestly do not think it is too late.  Perform the refunds as quickly as possible.  You know my terms.  Please provide us the documentation so I can properly evaluate your company.  I have given you nothing but good faith.  You have taken every opportunity to provide bad faith.

EDIT: I forgot the forum is locked.  I'm available on lukasbradley@gmail.com and as LukasBradley on Bitcoin Talk.
NEO2012

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 06:22:58 PM

Well, the bASIC discussion used to be pretty lively here. Then they moved us over to a private forum. Now that forum is frozen. Perhaps we could move back here? Consider this an open thread for thoughts/concerns/news/ideas/rumors regarding bASIC transition from Tom --> asians --> Bitcoinconsortium.

scam

case closed
Henchman24

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:43:05 PM

scam

case closed

Says the guy who is artificially pumping his post count by spamming and necro'ing...
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:57:19 AM

scam

case closed

Says the guy who is artificially pumping his post count by spamming and necro'ing...

At least he didn't use all caps for once. Sadly he's right about bASIC/BTCFPGA/bitcoinasic.net.

NEO2012

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:23:45 PM

scam

case closed

At least he didn't use all caps for once. Sadly he's right about bASIC/BTCFPGA/bitcoinasic.net.

thank you:)

yeah  scam

subcategory

preorder scam

basically what bfl was planning to do

but since they got like 20mil in preorders  they knew the fbi will be looking for them
so they decided  to actually make  an asic 

thus there delay witch will last many many months still
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: